Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

Happyman42 wrote: »
    They're all from the Sindo aren't they eh? :)

Considering it's not a newspaper I read, hardly.

It's very easy to use google and see various sources that aren't owned by the Indo. Even journalists up North with obvious bias against GA like Suzanne Breen can't really make things up and get away with it because we know GA will take them to court if what they say is completely wrong, right?

Anyway, I don't see any denials of what I posted, just a patronising response from another poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Godge wrote: »
    Source? Evidence? Do you have anything to back this up or are you just making unfounded allegations?
    It"s a question. If it was an allegation it would be automatically true, would it not Godge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Arrogant? I think it's you that's arrogant thinking you were clever enough to convince anybody you were a "lost SF voter".

In the other thread "Sinn Fein now level with Fine Gael " I was the third person to post where I congratulated Sinn Fein.

This was before your displays of arrogance and victim hate

I don't really care what you believe in any case

Thanks a lot Dan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Have you got any evidence for this? How do you know that Raymon is not telling the truth? Where is the proof that he is not a "lost SF voter"? Withdraw the accusation that he is not telling the truth. Has he been found arrogant in a court of law?
    You are on record here as saying you don't care whether people were found guilty, they are guilty because you said so. This option isn't open to me though I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

The difference between Sinn Fein and Fianna Fail is, Sinn Fein members are expected to resign and hang there heads in shame ahead of any legal proceedings. Fianna Fail members hang around like a bad smell after the fact.

I think the media love jumping on Sinn Fein based on the IRA connection, (albeit past tense). Any chance to stuff the gobs of the public with the criminal angle. Let's leave it for the legal proceedings and take it from there, no?
    If we're talking ruining lives, I await the legal proceedings against the politicians who brought us the bail outs, the fraud ruining the lives of many, driving some to suicide or death by waiting list, but just not as salacious is it?

• Advertisement

For Reals wrote: »
    The difference between Sinn Fein and Fianna Fail is, Sinn Fein members are expected to resign and hang there heads in shame ahead of any legal proceedings. Fianna Fail members hang around like a bad smell after the fact.

I think the media love jumping on Sinn Fein based on the IRA connection, (albeit past tense). Any chance to stuff the gobs of the public with the criminal angle. Let's leave it for the legal proceedings and take it from there, no?
    If we're talking ruining lives, I await the legal proceedings against the politicians who brought us the bail outs, the fraud ruining the lives of many, driving some to suicide or death by waiting list, but just not as salacious is it?

I agree with you that people should pay(bankers, politicians etc) for the ruin that has occurred as a result of the bailout. However, that deflects from this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Give him a chance, he got the information yesterday.

Gerry Adams admitted two days ago that he knew that in the dark old days of the 1970s and 1980s they expelled sex abusers to the South. 40 years later he hasn't given the names to the gardai. If we are to judge Kenny by SF standards, he will be long dead before he has to tell anyone anything.

Your post is really quite pathetic when you think about it.

What's pathetic is people on here expecting Adams to act in accordance with the law of the land while at the same time excusing Kenny who obviously isn't.
    Withholding information is a criminal offence, you know it, I know it and everyone else knows it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

You are on record here as saying you don't care whether people were found guilty, they are guilty because you said so. This option isn't open to me though I see.

Where is your proof that I have posted that people are guilty because I say so?

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    What's pathetic is people on here expecting Adams to act in accordance with the law of the land while at the same time excusing Kenny who obviously isn't.

Where is your proof that Kenny is obviously not acting in accordance with the law of the land?
    Which provisions of the law has be broken?
    How dare you accuse someone of breaking the law when you have no proof that he did so?

Surreal. You are asking him to prove these "facts" are from The Independent when the guy who posted them refuses to say where he got them?

Happyman was the one who posted the rhetorical question.
    They're all from the Sindo aren't they eh? :)

Either he has proof that they are from the Sindo which is the Sunday Independent or he doesn't have proof and is making an unfounded allegation.

• Advertisement

Where is your proof?
    Godge, we have no proof of anything specific in this case. None, the rape hasn't been proven(although most believe it happened) nor the allegations arising from it.

Using what happened to this woman, setting up some kind of 'kangaroo court' in Dail Eireann under Dail privilege in a couple of weeks like kenny is doing really is the lowest of the low.
    It's pure politics and nothing else.
    There's an investigation underway by the PPS in Northern Ireland and the above is nothing short of subversion of that investigation.
    I hope SF have nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Where is your proof that Kenny is obviously not acting in accordance with the law of the land?
    How dare you accuse someone of breaking the law when you have no proof that he did so?

Irony overload?I assume all your posts are simply a vain failed at some kind of hipster irony and thanks whoring...

People in glass houses bro, people in glass houses...

Godge, we have no proof of anything specific in this case. None, the rape hasn't been proven(although most believe it happened) nor the allegations arising from it.

Eh what? Despite the leader of SF acknowledging it? presume he believe it happened then...

Has he gone to the Gardai or to the PSNI with his information?

Using what happened to this woman, setting up some kind of 'kangaroo court' in Dail Eireann under Dail privilege in a couple of weeks like kenny is doing really is the lowest of the low.
    It's pure politics and nothing else.
    There's an investigation underway by the PPS in Northern Ireland and the above is nothing short of subversion of that investigation.
    I hope SF have nothing to do with it.

Can you prove that it is pure politics and nothing else. You are impugning the good name of Enda Kenny with that scurrilous allegation. How dare you come on here and make allegations about someone when you have no proof?

And then to say that he is subverting a police investigation!!! Have you reported him to the Gardai. You must have evidence to make such a serious allegation. Why are you posting on here when you should be down at the Garda station filing a report?

sallymomo wrote: »
    Eh what? Despite the leader of SF acknowledging it? presume he believe it happened then...
    I can believe the moon is made of Calvita, that isn't PROOF

Happyman was the one who posted the rhetorical question.

Either he has proof that they are from the Sindo which is the Sunday Independent or he doesn't have proof and is making an unfounded allegation.
    Funny how you haven't managed to ask for any evidence of the original allegation, isn't it? Preconceived world view echoed... must be true...

Can you prove that it is pure politics and nothing else. You are impugning the good name of Enda Kenny with that scurrilous allegation. How dare you come on here and make allegations about someone when you have no proof?

And then to say that he is subverting a police investigation!!! Have you reported him to the Gardai. You must have evidence to make such a serious allegation. Why are you posting on here when you should be down at the Garda station filing a report?

Fail.
    Absolute fail.

Roaring out for proof when you've spent a week (over 300 posts on this) making all sorts of allegations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

For Reals wrote: »

Brilliant point this and I hope it doesn't get lost amongst all the personal bickering swamping this thread

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    Brilliant point this and I hope it doesn't get lost amongst all the personal bickering swamping this thread

Yep brilliant alright, brilliantly Sinn Fein all over, deflecting from what the thread is about.

I have already stated that my motivation isn't political. The defenders of SF and GA shouldn't expect that everybody who disagrees with them in this thread, about this matter, is against SF/GA/IRA. Or conversely, a supporter of FG/FF

To be honest, I think the real messages and points are getting lost amongst the bickering. Shame really.

And for the record, I don't believe that it hasn't helped other parties for this to be highlighted.

The problem I have is the slow backtracking by SF members on this issue

sallymomo wrote: »
    Yep brilliant alright, brilliantly Sinn Fein all over, deflecting from what the thread is about.

I have already stated that my motivation isn't political. The defenders of SF and GA shouldn't expect that everybody who disagrees with them in this thread, about this matter, is against SF/GA/IRA. Or conversely, a supporter of FG/FF

To be honest, I think the real messages and points are getting lost amongst the bickering. Shame really.

Take it back to the bare bones then.
    We have a woman who was allegedly raped by a leading republican.
    I say allegedly because nobody has been convicted in a court of law for this crime. (I absolutely believe she was though).
    We have claims by her that there was a 'kangaroo court' set up.
    We had an investigation into that alleged kangaroo court, four people were questioned about it and no convictions were obtained.
    We now have a PPS investigation into that.

Does anyone want to see the law take it's course?

One thing that amazes me. or maybe it shouldn't. Amid all of the bile that the Dear Leader Gerry's acolytes have been throwing around, they still haven't managed to answer some fundamental questions pages later.

This is disingenuous in the extreme.

SF/IRA vigilantes have first-hand knowledge of the actions of sexual abusers and rapists from the interrogation and probable torture of the suspects. Nobody else, bar the frightened victims have such knowledge.

SF/IRA can show leadership by making the kangaroo court judges go to the PSNI and the Gardai. Until they do so, victims will not feel safe in doing so.

The solution to this is in the hands of SF/IRA if they want to do the right thing. It will be at the expense of their standing and reputation but that should be a small price to pay for the safety of the children.

Assume Gerry is telling the truth and is not a member of the IRA.

Why won't Gerry Adams do the right thing? In the past, many times he has gone to the IRA to get them to do things? Why won't he do it in this case? The IRA was a collection of people, they are still alive, they are still contactable. Why isn't he ringing every single one of his IRA connections and begging them to tell the Gardai what they learned from their kangaroo courts?
    What are you on about? We are talking about what Gerry Adams says. I am not saying anything about what happened, I am just trying to get to the truth of what Gerry said.

Here is what you posted:

Here is what he said the day before

Quite clearly, as you say yourself "He's obviously lying though, yes". The question is, on which occasion is he lying, in the Dail or in his blog.

Either he doesn't know they were expelled or he does know they were expelled. The two statements contradict each other. It doesn't matter which I believe but it is now clear that Gerry Adams is lying about something.

(1) Maybe you acolytes have been correct all along. Maybe Gerry was never in the IRA, maybe he never knew what was going on. All along for the last 40 years he has puffed out his chest and pretended to be one of the big hard men when all along the real hard men were laughing behind his back, look at yer man, who does he think he is. So yeah, maybe his blog post was more of that false bravado. I know what went on, I know the sex abusers were expelled, but then one of the real hardies comes over to Gerry "It didn't happen". "Oh" says Gerry and then he tells the Dail the real truth that he knows nothing.

(2) Or maybe he lied to the Dail

Take your pick.

Gerry Adams has told two stories about what he knows about rapists and sex abusers being sent South. Which is true? How can the two statements be reconciled?

This is sick.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/outrage-at-blog-claiming-mairia-cahills-alleged-rape-ordeal-was-yearlong-sexual-liaison-30687573.html

"A man who is believed to have been involved in Mairia Cahill’s kangaroo court hearing has lent his support to a blog which describes her alleged rape ordeal as “a year long sexual liaison”

"Seamus Finucane, a leading member of the IRA at the time of the forced inquiry into Ms Cahill’s ordeal, was allegedly one of the men who forced her into a confrontation with her alleged rapist.

Yesterday, he shared a blog on his Facebook page which described the alleged rapist as a man “whom many a 16-year-old would likely fancy”.

Here is the disgusting blog

http://belfast-child.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/MairiaCahillsKangarooCourt.html

"What 'really' happened between Martin Morris and Mairia Cahill? I don't know, I wasn't there; we can only speculate (see below)"

He basically admits to making up stories about her. Is he for real? Is he a real person? How can anyone so sick be part of a normal community?

And Seamus Finucane, one of those who reposted it, is a decent man according to Gerry Adams. How sick are they all? It turns my stomach.

On another note, here is a much more detailed description of her ordeal from Mairia Cahill.

http://fiannaiochta.wordpress.com/2012/08/10/grand-niece-of-provo-legend-endured-horrific-sexual-abuse/

Anyone that has sympathy with the people that did this to her, well, I don't know what to say.

Is there anyone left on this thread who believes Seamus Finucane is a decent man after he reposted a despicable blog about Mairia Cahill that the blogger himself said he made up.

And those are only three of the questions I have raised. There have been other question, from sallymomo and others but they are all evaded, they are all ignored.

Here's the law I believe kenny has broken if he hasn't reported his information to the Gardai or the PSNI.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishstatutebook.ie%2F2012%2Fen%2Fact%2Fpub%2F0024%2F&ei=DydJVK7COsaP7AbB5IHgBQ&usg=AFQjCNEW4Ej72jOahvhdlUgGiAwjMSA-kw

2.— (1) Subject to this section, a person shall be guilty of an offence if—

(a) he or she knows or believes that an offence, that is a Schedule 1 offence, has been committed by another person against a child, and

(b) he or she has information which he or she knows or believes might be of material assistance in securing the apprehension, prosecution or conviction of that other person for that offence,

and fails without reasonable excuse to disclose that information as soon as it is practicable to do so to a member of the Garda Síochána.

Here's the law I believe kenny has broken if he hasn't reported his information to the Gardai or the PSNI.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishstatutebook.ie%2F2012%2Fen%2Fact%2Fpub%2F0024%2F&ei=DydJVK7COsaP7AbB5IHgBQ&usg=AFQjCNEW4Ej72jOahvhdlUgGiAwjMSA-kw

(a) he or she knows or believes that an offence, that is a Schedule 1 offence, has been committed by another person against a child, and

(b) he or she has information which he or she knows or believes might be of material assistance in securing the apprehension, prosecution or conviction of that other person for that offence,

and fails without reasonable excuse to disclose that information as soon as it is practicable to do so to a member of the Garda Síochána.

But you have no proof that he had broken the law, you are making an unsubstantiated allegation. Back it up with evidence or a source.

You also don't know whether he has any information on offences in this jurisdiction.

You have nothing, you are just making it up.

But you have no proof that he had broken the law, you are making an unsubstantiated allegation. Back it up with evidence or a source.
    You don't need one. Either Cahill didn't talk about her case with Enda or he needs to report this to the Gardai.

You also don't know whether he has any information on offences in this jurisdiction.

You have nothing, you are just making it up.

You're fast becoming a parody of yourself now.
    Any level minded person reading your posts can see what you're at.
    I'll leave you to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

You must be similarly looking forward to the arrest of the entire SF/IRA leadership so. People can see through your whataboutery and deflection.

• Advertisement

You must be similarly looking forward to the arrest of the entire SF/IRA leadership so. People can see through your whataboutery and deflection.

Absolutely.
    If anyone has proof and evidence of crimes committed, bring it to the relevant authorities and let the law take it's course.
    That's what's required isn't it?
    That's how a functioning democracy works, right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement