Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harty Cup 14/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

yeah that's it - disgusted Midleton didn't go through

Unbearably tight in Mallow and not helped with no scoreboard and wrong score on Twitter - still not sure if twas a draw or a 2 point win but AG celebrations at FT confirmed they were through

Despite doon upping the ante second half winning some of the tighter exchanges ultimately Lee Gunning & Sheehan got the scores while Doon over reliant on Barry Murphy and Colin Ryan to a lessor extent
    15yr old evan Sheehan getting the last score
    I was worried first ten mins of second half when AG had at least three goal attempts snuffed out, I thought maybe they would rue those chances but thankfully they just got over the line in a dogged battle - I thought they might have had it a little easier but Doon actually showed great composure throughout - a more experienced team - but AG had more shooting power in the end

Tough one to lose great one to win

Looked like Colmans fought hard but must have run out of steam second half

4 cork schools through - it should have been 5

I am surprised you did not mention the majestic perferormance of eddie gunning where he was man of the match imo considering you're fan him

He was awesome today.

Hanafinn got vital pointe as did killian aherne one point and Eddie gunning also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Iecrawfc wrote: »
    From a limerick POV 2 teams in the quarters is nothing to complain about, 50%, all teams were very competitive and all teams were in with a shout of a quarter final on the last round of games, there doesn't seem to be any stand out team this year except Thurles CBS maybe but anyone could win it really. Going on this and extrapolating limerick minors will be solid without being spectacular this year, while Cork will be strong...

Yeah, I suppose.

We'll be decent this year but we won't be exceptional. We'll see how Leo goes in charge of them.

I'd say we'd give everyone a good game but the last 2 years, we had exceptional teams and really should have won an All-Ireland. Still, Clare never won a minor All-Ireland but those talented players went on to dominate at U-21 level and some won a senior All-Ireland.

In Seamus Flanagan, Paddy O'Loughlin, Eoghan McNamara, Barry Murphy, Thomas Grimes and obviously Peter Casey, we'll have some fine players, just not as many top level as before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I'm told Doon have improved hugely from their first game v Colmans and managed to keep La touché Cosgrove out of game, significantly nullifying Castletroys attack

It would appear with all the frees it was either very indisciplined or very stop start

I still fancy AG to have enough to get over Doon although obviously this win boosts Doon hugely

Colmans I fear will be up against it

Well called.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Can West Limerick not still qualify? Thought if ASR lose to Flannans next Monday that WL will go through? Slim chance I know...

grenache wrote: »
    Can West Limerick not still qualify? Thought if ASR lose to Flannans next Monday that WL will go through?

Yeah, they can still go through. However, Flannan's have been really poor and it would be a massive, massive shock were ASR to lose to them.

Good win for WLC today though, 6-11 to 1-14 is a big margin in any game.

• Advertisement

Post done month ago approximately in the cork thread

]limerick minors have from last year panel eligible for next year panel as follows :

Barry Murphy doon third year harty cup senior doon
    Part this year panel

Conor Boylan na piarssigh son David Boylan ex midelton player na piarssigh selector

Paddy loughin Kilmallock captain charville kinnane cup winning team last year outstanding full back or centre playing harty charville

Conor Fitzgerald claughan starter
    Last year reminds me of claughan cork bred Mike galligan, who tom Ryan same inexcusably omitted senior all Ireland final that decision came back to bite him in the arse

Adam O brien goal keeper ahane u17 keeper

Brian Ryan south liberties two years left at minor if he's involved.
    Is a good hurler
    Darragh Carroll Dromkeen 2 year's left

Conor houlian Ard scoil na piarssigh two years left

Peter Casey na piarssigh two years left

Seamus Flanagan Hazelwood last year limerick vocational title won,still with no harty cup played limerick minors outstanding season, one better players in all irelands final
    Playing harty now west limerick colleges who doing well so will improve again fine forward
    Real warrior

Eoghhan McNamara abbey cbs school of darach o donnell likely be keeper like last year

Conor Byrnes murrohe half back played solid senior season for murrohe this year

Thomas Grimes na piarssigh half back or midfield

Conor macsweenry south liberties senior club year no harty cup as with crescent.

A lot of experienced panel members that will gained from last year
    Combined with new faces they will be formidable
    The huge disappointment of last year won't hinder them as fresh new talent now available in their but key is Leo o connor replacement for Brian Ryan management can't be overstated.

Leo is not perfect at minor but at least he will listen to hes selectors and Is huge improvement imo than last year.
    Wallis is central to limerick, the coil wheel limerick hurling underage turns on.Leo, john mulqueen. Brian foley who was with 17s and pat Donnelly are new and bring a fresh ethos in but key is their is a unity and cohesion this time and Wallis will be tactical, main voice I feel.
    Stephen macdonagh defence Coach last year was good and imo he is a loss alright as is Creagan but having said that management is stronger imo as manager much much better.

Other talented hurlers new to the panel that imo will be in the running for the panel are, lot played u17this year and u16 for limerick

Joe longergan Cappamore school
    Doon Forward experience at harty

Ian coutes old christian superb game at half forward yesterday bar sending off winning ball

Tadhg Whelan doon good player

Brian Nash corner back or half south Liberties, played corner yesterday up against dan gunning who was good but Nash had he's moments

Darren golden monaleen unused sub Castletroy yesterday minor next two years I think

Paudie Ahern midfield Kileedy
    Peadar Collins defender na piarssigh
    Luke Doran defender Ballybrown
    Brien macpartland doon
    Liam McCartan Newcastle west west limerick colleges
    Cathal o Keeffe forward Granagh Ballingarry
    Mickey mackey ahane forward

Aron Kennedy Murroe Boher Castletroy played yesterday late replacement to start

Jack Casey murrohe Boher
    Kyle Dillon free taker Bruff
    Aron Hackett ahane Castletroy yesterday's on subs defender
    Eoin Ryan Adare forward
    Sean Hogan Adare  defender
    Michael Andrews na piarssigh defender
    Michael Sexton Templeglantine west limerick colleges forward

Cian Magner Flynn forward Kileedy west limerick colleges goal yesterday in harty been outstanding I hear so far them in the harty cup

Pj herr effin defender for Charville cbs dean Ryan cup semi final tomorrow

Lot them played in u 17 won wexford tournament beating dublin, two wexford teams handy in wexford in the summer.
    I saw them all irelands u17 mallow hammer clare 7-17 to-10
    They beat kilkenny 1-10 to

Cork beat them 11 to 1-6 in the semi just 40 minutes later so they were tired but had goal disallowed from Adam O brien and hit the post last minute  they like cork were missing key players but still showed well and we're strong enough so limerick minor hurling compared years ago world's apart, their a serious player now and they deserve to be fair huge credit for the massive turnaround and for more importantly sustaining the huge development squads work their doing, and the huge will combined with investment money in making limerick hurling on the road for excellence.

I'm sure that panel I done will alter as Wallis is shrewd and if form dictates will drop or add players according to the panel so players will come and go but imo on players I picked shows limerick can put together a very good team and while not good as last year and understandable in lorchan lyons, Cian and ronan lynch, Barry Nash, Andrew la Touche Cosgrave, Colin Ryan, tom morrisey are all ineligible for selection next year will be a big test all the same for any team.

It's tough draw for cork teams in imo I can't see anything bar cork v limerick minor semi final in gaelic ground's next year, irrespective of whether cork or limerick loose the ist day,imo both are well capable going to Waterford and winning up their and would do that.

There is going to be mind games in cork v limerick ist day, you don't want to loose any game but I'm not sure cork or any team beat limerick twice, in one year, especially the next game in limerick

Waterford have some fine hurlers individual next year but have a new management and most harty cup teams this year bar blackwater possibly not doing great and unlikely to make the knock out stages
    I can see cork winning if they had to play them
    Limerick beat them twice the last two years, Waterford aren't as strong management or player wise,limerick lost a lot great minors but still have a core Last year, teams doing well in the harty should if they had to beat them
    It's hard to know if limerick will really be up for cork in cork won't go out to loose but may expierment for a bit and be much stronger later on.

On paper I think cork have as good as panel if not better imo particularly abundance better forwards with star quality, harty cup team and dean Ryan and old christian with bill hennessey and Michael o halloran doing well in the munster b so far cork hurling is definitely at schools closing the gap.

]

Post I done regards limerick minors month ago. I agree with fireball they won't be as strong as last year but they will be very strong imo all the same.

I agree totally fireball limerick minors should won all Ireland, but your knowledge poster so I'm sure fire ball you heard some nonsense that went on with some management and in team selection up to the final etc and few limerick certainly and correctly were not happy and it shows in manager last year got correctly overlooked for minor and 21 job.
    You are spot on with clare comparison in ye will win the 21 in two years with brilliant set up in kiely and quilty and Ross Corbett and flavin at management to compliment the talent player wise

Where your wrong imo though is your hope ye do a clare at senior, when ye won't even come close senior all Ireland imo as that exceptional clare team had not just talent but superb coaching tactical nous in kinnerks and Davy Fitzgerald, year management set up is absolutely dreadful if look at it tactical wise and have no tactical acumen in there, as tj can't game manage and none selectors proved there up to it and imo unproven.
    Passionate pride won't win you all Ireland, cork know that also from last year you must have tactical acumen on the line.
    Clare will beat ye in munster.

Cork would be terribly foolish and utter naive if they hyped up the team in just having to turn up v limerick in Wallis has huge role in limerick hurling and he will know cork set up well being a cork man in fact he would know it inside out , limerick will be highly organised and very hard to beat at home if we meet in a semi final.
    Limerick love the underdog role also.

If cork had to play Waterford yes I believe certain they would win but limerick is close game

Midelton loss today is huge blow to cork in cahill at full back smith, looney,beusang, Mccarthy all deprived big games now for five months practically at school level and there key players for cork.

It's negated by the fact barry Murphy superb today is in the same boat and fellow doon players macpartland and whelan and castetroy Nash, lyons, and course cosgrave over age
    Ard scoil have core limerick lads involved but limerick under age strength is clearly diminished as cork have three munster under sixteen munster titles going for grand slam Friday,and four out of seven teams from cork in quatre finals in the harty cup
    Limerick still the kings imo but the gap is closing.
    And Wallis Could be gone next year so it would be a blow yes ye have men carry on the work but limerick may not appoint right one.

The harty knock put stages will tell a lot particular how cork teams fare v Ard scoil
    Castetroy as I feared would have too much for colmans but by all accounts were lucky against a young colmans team under ist year noel crowley. They were lucky v mhuire ag and doon beat them

Imo Castletroy are very beatable.
    It's hard to know more til the draws are done for the quarter finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Yeah, they can still go through. However, Flannan's have been really poor and it would be a massive, massive shock were ASR to lose to them.

I know Flannans won't beat ASR, gone to $hite since the boarders finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Cu Baire

Yeah, I suppose.

We'll be decent this year but we won't be exceptional. We'll see how Leo goes in charge of them.

I'd say we'd give everyone a good game but the last 2 years, we had exceptional teams and really should have won an All-Ireland. Still, Clare never won a minor All-Ireland but those talented players went on to dominate at U-21 level and some won a senior All-Ireland.

In Seamus Flanagan, Paddy O'Loughlin, Eoghan McNamara, Barry Murphy, Thomas Grimes and obviously Peter Casey, we'll have some fine players, just not as many top level as before.

Leaving Cert likely to keep a few of these off the squad I hear.

Blackwater badly hampered by injuries before and during the game.
    Still West Limerick were strong in defence especially full back and centre back with their half forward line dominant. Centre forward was Seamus Flanagan I'm sure and he scored about 5 . 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Iecrawfc

Limerick leader already confirming 2 Limerick schools through - I think it would be a phenomenal upset if Flannans somehow managed to beat Ard scoil, but they should afford them the respect of playing the game first

Even if ASR were beaten then West Limerick would get through, so whatever happens there would be 2 limerick teams in the quarters...

• Advertisement

Even if ASR were beaten then West Limerick would get through, so whatever happens there would be 2 limerick teams in the quarters...

Well spotted, not to mention what a disgrace flannans have been, jamsie o connor must be spending all his time writing for the newspaper and tv work.

Rightwing wrote: »
    Well spotted, not to mention what a disgrace flannans have been, jamsie o connor must be spending all his time writing for the newspaper and tv work.

Flannans had a very young team out this year and will be very competitive over next 2 years. ASR are probably coming to the end of their "golden age" but could still win it out this year.

WRONG WRONG WRONG
    Again the paucity and inaccurate posting your so consistent with is exposed yet again

The real hurling fans know Jamie worked hugely with highly rated flannans dean Ryan cup team this year unlucky v midelton but they won the white cup last year so old sport when you revise the utter utter nonsense you just spoke you'll find that he's working actively in rebuilding flannans as a force again

I hope this helps you
    Your consistent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Breadandbutter

You were too quick I tried to delete it once I copped my mistake

Apologies - forgot west Limerick were limerick - doh ! I do think however - in an attempt to save face - there is a big love in with ASR in Limerick and other schools the poor relation in comparison

WRONG WRONG WRONG
    Again the paucity and inaccurate posting your so consistent with is exposed yet again

The real hurling fans know Jamie worked hugely with highly rated flannans dean Ryan cup team this year unlucky v midelton but they won the white cup last year so old sport when you revise the utter utter nonsense you just spoke you'll find that he's working actively in rebuilding flannans as a force again

I hope this helps you
    Your consistent though.

I don't buy any of these hard luck stories that you keep coming out with, tiredness, a poor ref, a gale changing direction, :rolleyes:

Facts are, they were trounced.

I don't buy any of these hard luck stories that you keep coming out with, tiredness, a poor ref, a gale changing direction, :rolleyes:

Facts are, they were trounced.

Look that's not dispute
    Fact was you asked what was he doing implying he doing nothing when all can see you were again showed to be inaccurate.
    Don't mind trying to public spin doctor or change line debate.
    You spoke rubbish with respect.
    I exposed this with fact.
    Think before you write such nonsense as you gain no value in posting by such stuff when most know work jamsie does. .

Look that's not dispute
    Fact was you asked what was he doing implying he doing nothing when all can see you were again showed to be inaccurate.
    Don't mind trying to public spin doctor or change line debate.
    You spoke rubbish with respect.
    I exposed this with fact.
    Think before you write such nonsense as you gain no value in posting by such stuff when most know work jamsie does. .

Like the time I told you Tipp would do a demolition job on Cork in the semi, or that Kilmallock would win the Munster club? ;)

Flannans have been an embarrassment for a school with such high standards, but I suppose in a way that's not a bad thing.

Like the time I told you Tipp would do a demolition job on Cork in the semi, or that Kilmallock would win the Munster club? ;)

Flannans have been an embarrassment for a school with such high standards, but I suppose in a way that's not a bad thing.
    Stop changing the subject
    My inaccurate view was opinion of prediction in game in result wise
    Your stating something as fact which Is untrue
    Stick to what were debating

Be a man and learn from your mistake as one wise man so he though once told me

Admit you made a rubbish remark regards jamsie o connor and surely you agree he's doing all he can at underage to build flannans back

But no that's not your style
    Work away have last word keep digging
    Fact is jamsie doing brilliant at flannans and you are way off with your statement.

Stop changing the subject
    My inaccurate view was opinion of prediction in game in result wise
    Your stating something as fact which Is untrue
    Stick to what were debating

Be a man and learn from your mistake as one wise man so he though once told me

Admit you made a rubbish remark regards jamsie o connor and surely you agree he's doing all he can at underage to build flannans back

But no that's not your style
    Work away have last word keep digging
    Fact is jamsie doing brilliant at flannans and you are way off with your statement.

I wouldn't like to see what you call poor work. ;)

Chuckle chuckle.

I wouldn't like to see what you call poor work. ;)

Chuckle chuckle.

Flannans underage I said
    White cup munster won oh chuckle chuckle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

TTM.... Do u do any coaching in ur local club?

Post done month ago approximately in the cork thread

]limerick minors have from last year panel eligible for next year panel as follows :

Barry Murphy doon third year harty cup senior doon
    Part this year panel

Conor Boylan na piarssigh son David Boylan ex midelton player na piarssigh selector

Paddy loughin Kilmallock captain charville kinnane cup winning team last year outstanding full back or centre playing harty charville

Conor Fitzgerald claughan starter
    Last year reminds me of claughan cork bred Mike galligan, who tom Ryan same inexcusably omitted senior all Ireland final that decision came back to bite him in the arse

Adam O brien goal keeper ahane u17 keeper

Brian Ryan south liberties two years left at minor if he's involved.
    Is a good hurler
    Darragh Carroll Dromkeen 2 year's left

Conor houlian Ard scoil na piarssigh two years left

Peter Casey na piarssigh two years left

Seamus Flanagan Hazelwood last year limerick vocational title won,still with no harty cup played limerick minors outstanding season, one better players in all irelands final
    Playing harty now west limerick colleges who doing well so will improve again fine forward
    Real warrior

Eoghhan McNamara abbey cbs school of darach o donnell likely be keeper like last year

Conor Byrnes murrohe half back played solid senior season for murrohe this year

Thomas Grimes na piarssigh half back or midfield

Conor macsweenry south liberties senior club year no harty cup as with crescent.

A lot of experienced panel members that will gained from last year
    Combined with new faces they will be formidable
    The huge disappointment of last year won't hinder them as fresh new talent now available in their but key is Leo o connor replacement for Brian Ryan management can't be overstated.

Leo is not perfect at minor but at least he will listen to hes selectors and Is huge improvement imo than last year.
    Wallis is central to limerick, the coil wheel limerick hurling underage turns on.Leo, john mulqueen. Brian foley who was with 17s and pat Donnelly are new and bring a fresh ethos in but key is their is a unity and cohesion this time and Wallis will be tactical, main voice I feel.
    Stephen macdonagh defence Coach last year was good and imo he is a loss alright as is Creagan but having said that management is stronger imo as manager much much better.

Other talented hurlers new to the panel that imo will be in the running for the panel are, lot played u17this year and u16 for limerick

Joe longergan Cappamore school
    Doon Forward experience at harty

Ian coutes old christian superb game at half forward yesterday bar sending off winning ball

Tadhg Whelan doon good player

Brian Nash corner back or half south Liberties, played corner yesterday up against dan gunning who was good but Nash had he's moments

Darren golden monaleen unused sub Castletroy yesterday minor next two years I think

Paudie Ahern midfield Kileedy
    Peadar Collins defender na piarssigh
    Luke Doran defender Ballybrown
    Brien macpartland doon
    Liam McCartan Newcastle west west limerick colleges
    Cathal o Keeffe forward Granagh Ballingarry
    Mickey mackey ahane forward

Aron Kennedy Murroe Boher Castletroy played yesterday late replacement to start

Jack Casey murrohe Boher
    Kyle Dillon free taker Bruff
    Aron Hackett ahane Castletroy yesterday's on subs defender
    Eoin Ryan Adare forward
    Sean Hogan Adare  defender
    Michael Andrews na piarssigh defender
    Michael Sexton Templeglantine west limerick colleges forward

Cian Magner Flynn forward Kileedy west limerick colleges goal yesterday in harty been outstanding I hear so far them in the harty cup

Pj herr effin defender for Charville cbs dean Ryan cup semi final tomorrow

Lot them played in u 17 won wexford tournament beating dublin, two wexford teams handy in wexford in the summer.
    I saw them all irelands u17 mallow hammer clare 7-17 to-10
    They beat kilkenny 1-10 to

Cork beat them 11 to 1-6 in the semi just 40 minutes later so they were tired but had goal disallowed from Adam O brien and hit the post last minute  they like cork were missing key players but still showed well and we're strong enough so limerick minor hurling compared years ago world's apart, their a serious player now and they deserve to be fair huge credit for the massive turnaround and for more importantly sustaining the huge development squads work their doing, and the huge will combined with investment money in making limerick hurling on the road for excellence.

I'm sure that panel I done will alter as Wallis is shrewd and if form dictates will drop or add players according to the panel so players will come and go but imo on players I picked shows limerick can put together a very good team and while not good as last year and understandable in lorchan lyons, Cian and ronan lynch, Barry Nash, Andrew la Touche Cosgrave, Colin Ryan, tom morrisey are all ineligible for selection next year will be a big test all the same for any team.

It's tough draw for cork teams in imo I can't see anything bar cork v limerick minor semi final in gaelic ground's next year, irrespective of whether cork or limerick loose the ist day,imo both are well capable going to Waterford and winning up their and would do that.

There is going to be mind games in cork v limerick ist day, you don't want to loose any game but I'm not sure cork or any team beat limerick twice, in one year, especially the next game in limerick

Waterford have some fine hurlers individual next year but have a new management and most harty cup teams this year bar blackwater possibly not doing great and unlikely to make the knock out stages
    I can see cork winning if they had to play them
    Limerick beat them twice the last two years, Waterford aren't as strong management or player wise,limerick lost a lot great minors but still have a core Last year, teams doing well in the harty should if they had to beat them
    It's hard to know if limerick will really be up for cork in cork won't go out to loose but may expierment for a bit and be much stronger later on.

On paper I think cork have as good as panel if not better imo particularly abundance better forwards with star quality, harty cup team and dean Ryan and old christian with bill hennessey and Michael o halloran doing well in the munster b so far cork hurling is definitely at schools closing the gap.

]

Post I done regards limerick minors month ago. I agree with fireball they won't be as strong as last year but they will be very strong imo all the same.

I agree totally fireball limerick minors should won all Ireland, but your knowledge poster so I'm sure fire ball you heard some nonsense that went on with some management and in team selection up to the final etc and few limerick certainly and correctly were not happy and it shows in manager last year got correctly overlooked for minor and 21 job.
    You are spot on with clare comparison in ye will win the 21 in two years with brilliant set up in kiely and quilty and Ross Corbett and flavin at management to compliment the talent player wise

Where your wrong imo though is your hope ye do a clare at senior, when ye won't even come close senior all Ireland imo as that exceptional clare team had not just talent but superb coaching tactical nous in kinnerks and Davy Fitzgerald, year management set up is absolutely dreadful if look at it tactical wise and have no tactical acumen in there, as tj can't game manage and none selectors proved there up to it and imo unproven.
    Passionate pride won't win you all Ireland, cork know that also from last year you must have tactical acumen on the line.
    Clare will beat ye in munster.

Cork would be terribly foolish and utter naive if they hyped up the team in just having to turn up v limerick in Wallis has huge role in limerick hurling and he will know cork set up well being a cork man in fact he would know it inside out , limerick will be highly organised and very hard to beat at home if we meet in a semi final.
    Limerick love the underdog role also.

If cork had to play Waterford yes I believe certain they would win but limerick is close game

Midelton loss today is huge blow to cork in cahill at full back smith, looney,beusang, Mccarthy all deprived big games now for five months practically at school level and there key players for cork.

It's negated by the fact barry Murphy superb today is in the same boat and fellow doon players macpartland and whelan and castetroy Nash, lyons, and course cosgrave over age
    Ard scoil have core limerick lads involved but limerick under age strength is clearly diminished as cork have three munster under sixteen munster titles going for grand slam Friday,and four out of seven teams from cork in quatre finals in the harty cup
    Limerick still the kings imo but the gap is closing.
    And Wallis Could be gone next year so it would be a blow yes ye have men carry on the work but limerick may not appoint right one.

The harty knock put stages will tell a lot particular how cork teams fare v Ard scoil
    Castetroy as I feared would have too much for colmans but by all accounts were lucky against a young colmans team under ist year noel crowley. They were lucky v mhuire ag and doon beat them

Imo Castletroy are very beatable.
    It's hard to know more til the draws are done for the quarter finals.

This is probably not the place to be discussing Limerick's future, but I'd agree with your views on some of the minor players... there's a couple more from out my way that I'd expect to feature. Reckon Darren O'Connell will get a start. Peter Casey & Seamus Flanagan are both pure quality and will be the stars. I think everyone knew what was going on with the management in Limerick... to be honest, I was still surprised he wasn't appointed as U-21 manager because really he shouldn't have got the minor job in the first place, he is a favourite of certain quarters. Cregan/Wallis fair enough, whatever people say about Cregan, he is a good coach and gives everything to Limerick hurling. I don't know if Leo is better but he does have the best interests of the players at heart.

We'll see how the 21s get on. Clare did win an All-Ireland and were deserving, but they had such talent available to them, they were miles better than Cork and had to rely on a potshot from Domhnall O'Donovan to get them a replay. They were the best team, but they should have won more comfortably. I just wonder about Davy... he did have the courage to modfiy his tactics mid-way through the season when they weren't working but he is a divisive figure and now Kinnerk won't be involved. Kinnerk is pure class, talk to anyone who has worked with him, in Clare the players revere him. As for Limerick's sideline... up to now, TJ has got the best out of most of his players. We didn't beat Kilkenny, that's true. But neither did anyone else. TJ failed with our U-21s but did get some massive performances from players who hadn't always performed to their best before. He definitely deserves a full season...... last season, we didn't have the goals or the bench to win an All-Ireland. TJ will live or die on next season's performances. Davy Fitz failed many times before he won an All-Ireland.

This is probably not the place to be discussing Limerick's future, but I'd agree with your views on some of the minor players... there's a couple more from out my way that I'd expect to feature. Reckon Darren O'Connell will get a start. Peter Casey & Seamus Flanagan are both pure quality and will be the stars. I think everyone knew what was going on with the management in Limerick... to be honest, I was still surprised he wasn't appointed as U-21 manager because really he shouldn't have got the minor job in the first place, he is a favourite of certain quarters. Cregan/Wallis fair enough, whatever people say about Cregan, he is a good coach and gives everything to Limerick hurling. I don't know if Leo is better but he does have the best interests of the players at heart.

We'll see how the 21s get on. Clare did win an All-Ireland and were deserving, but they had such talent available to them, they were miles better than Cork and had to rely on a potshot from Domhnall O'Donovan to get them a replay. They were the best team, but they should have won more comfortably. I just wonder about Davy... he did have the courage to modfiy his tactics mid-way through the season when they weren't working but he is a divisive figure and now Kinnerk won't be involved. Kinnerk is pure class, talk to anyone who has worked with him, in Clare the players revere him. As for Limerick's sideline... up to now, TJ has got the best out of most of his players. We didn't beat Kilkenny, that's true. But neither did anyone else. TJ failed with our U-21s but did get some massive performances from players who hadn't always performed to their best before. He definitely deserves a full season...... last season, we didn't have the goals or the bench to win an All-Ireland. TJ will live or die on next season's performances. Davy Fitz failed many times before he won an All-Ireland.
    I'd agree with all that

Best of luck to Rochestown College today - result won't affect standings but good to maintain momentum and build confidence Cahir @ 1.30 V Templemore who are playing for pride at this stage I'm sure

Best of luck to Rochestown College today - result won't affect standings but good to maintain momentum and build confidence Cahir @ 1.30 V Templemore who are playing for pride at this stage I'm sure

They won three games so there confidence is brilliant
    When you say build confidence I'd have to disagree as it's already there
    Momentum yes you have a point however today is far more important for rochestown in giving fringe players game time,loosing today certainly not the end of the world and to keep expectations low I'd pick changes team with mix some starters but some young lads as gives them time learn no pressure next year and they may be needed later in harty as depth squad is crucially important from here on in

You may not be aware but john sullivan played Wednesday munster b under sixteen final so he imo should not play and be rested
    Even Shane Kingston should be rested
    Hammies rested some lads their final game and won but crucially gave game time some lads played in b kinnane cup last year
    Rochestown should do the same
    You must always think towards the future to keep evolution of the team going.

rochestown have a number of dual players so you'd hope they won't suffer from injuries and get too jaded

I believe they may not have full compliment today, so will have to cut cloth accordingly

ultimately for your stronger players on the team, and in general believe they need to play to win esp if potentially they may have to look some of these guys in the eye in munster minor championship next year

rochestown have a number of dual players so you'd hope they won't suffer from injuries and get too jaded

I believe they may not have full compliment today, so will have to cut cloth accordingly

ultimately for your stronger players on the team, and in general believe they need to play to win esp if potentially they may have to look some of these guys in the eye in munster minor championship next year

No no

There qualified they would like to win but they won't go full tilt now as no trophy won today

They know their team today is about panel depth and having another game plan

No no

There qualified they would like to win but they won't go full tilt now as no trophy won today

They know their team today is about panel depth and having another game plan

Looks like it might rain today

Testing Testing

Rochestown 2-13 our lady's 16

Great win

Anyone at it
    More important imo is team rochestowm picked hopefully they picked few fringe players gave them game time
    Great week for them winning munster b also.

• Advertisement

only a handful in Cahir for Harty action today

Rochestown were to be without a few regulars Kingston, Murphy, Cormack (hand injury - although he played in end )and some 16s didn't start after Wednesday's game

Flat enough first half, Templemore first out of blocks but reeled in by half time Rochestown up 8- 5 Templemore no 12 very effective

Templemore must have reckoned Rochestown there for taking as they brought ona few subs after half time and totally dominated first 10 mins getting 7 points from play to go 3 up- Rochestown woke up and controlled the rest of the half Cormack struck 2-4 last 20 mins 2-2 from play to run out winners - a goal separating the sides 2-13 to 16 points

Brian McGrath operated as sweeper, and got one fantastic point from play - typically as a sweeper he had plenty of time on loose ball and moved it on well but didn't stand out particularly otherwise

David Griffin was very solid again at full back and Templemore didn't really threaten a goal at any stage - James Holland (15yr old ) came on and scored a lovely point - another up and coming talent

it wasn't a classic I'm told

scorers

Cormack 2 - 6 (3f)
    o Brien 0-2
    Stack o-2
    Lynch 0-1
    Flaherty 0-1
    Holland 0-1

Rochestown will be happy with the win, unbeaten and topping their group
    Overall A good week for Cork schools and looking forward to draw and games in New Year

Just a shame Midleton, Colmans, Charleville bowed out

Advertisement