Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harty Cup 14/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

well where is your detailed match report so? credit to TTM for going to games and putting together reports for here. if you don't like them, get typing your own reports

I mentioned bout seven clare lad's played well and I said there were fine team which they are
    Anyone can see that reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

I wasn't at the match but if Kingston got 6 pts from play I don't see how Ahgowan can say he only played in patches. Any lad who gets 6 from play is on fire. Yere the oul Clare crowd are rattled again. TTM are Rochestown good enuff to go all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ahgowan

confused about the report kinston actually played wing forward wearing 12 not centre forward as you said he was moved out to the 40 in the 2nd half reading the report colin guilfoyle was imense but then kingston got 6 pts from play when moved out 2nd half. agree powter at 14 was tidy for ye but didnt think cashman was immense imo was what youd expect from a centre back but immense a bit strong imo. ye only seemed to have 2 forwards of note 12 and 14 and an average enough half back line full back was physical but limited hurling wise but ye top the group thats all that counts and we are out so rant on dudes a mans entitled to his opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ahgowan

dont think rochestown good enough to go all the way from what ive seen 4/5 players of decent ability rest rather average tbh

ahgowan wrote: »
    confused about the report kinston actually played wing forward wearing 12 not centre forward as you said he was moved out to the 40 in the 2nd half reading the report colin guilfoyle was imense but then kingston got 6 pts from play when moved out 2nd half. agree powter at 14 was tidy for ye but didnt think cashman was immense imo was what youd expect from a centre back but immense a bit strong imo. ye only seemed to have 2 forwards of note 12 and 14 and an average enough half back line full back was physical but limited hurling wise but ye top the group thats all that counts and we are out so rant on dudes a mans entitled to his opinion

Look it was not a rant

Please read post and you will clearly see I praised numerous clare lad's bout seven in all at very end I praised two schools for a great game
    Just read back in fairness I named many

I'm huge fan clare hurling as anyone here would say in praised clare minor and senior and 21 many times and clare senior and praised davy fitzgerald many times who I'm a fan of so im huge fan clare hurling at all levels

I have nothing but world respect clare

You said everyone is entitled to an opinion yes they are

I gave an opinion how I saw game yet you go on defensive

Not once did I say this fine clare side were poor but I said both teams deserve credit for a great display

The only one with respect ranting is yourself

There was ten cork lad's there approximately yet you incorrectly label me with a beard as if I was the only Cork man there when I wasn't

Surely for example did you did not see those or indeed great Jim cashman who I saw walking in

I have great time for caoimhins and said they would be a tough opponent yes I fancied rochestown to win, that's nothing against the clare team in only one team can win when you predict a game

• Advertisement

ahgowan wrote: »
    dont think rochestown good enough to go all the way from what ive seen 4/5 players of decent ability rest rather average tbh

I'd agree and not once did I say they would go all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Breadandbutter

With poor conditions underfoot it was never going to be a classic - Charleville tends to be a heavy pitch and grass was too long

Ref was a clown, he wouldn't get many games in Kilkenny

I don't think it was one of Rochestowns better displays And it went down to the wire - when Caoimhins drew 13 all last five mins or so, in fairness to Rochestown they dug a little deeper
    Kingston was busy all day scored 6 from play, and Cormack was well marshalled in general play but excellent from placed balls including 2 monster points when Rochestown needed scores, And footballer Seanie powter popped up with 2 lovely points

I thought when Caoimhins ran at Rochestown defence they looked dangerous but at times their finishing was poor

Rochestowns first touch poor on occasiona under pressure and they will have a lot to work on but they have a strong enough spine and a good team spirit but they will have to step it up a gear for knockout stages

Don't know his name but Caoimhins no 11 their stand out, with 4 from play and 6 from frees, the big 14 Shanagher was disappointing but maybe he had an off day - David Giffin solid as usual doing his job well

All told another good day out for Rebels although again Midleton failing to close out a game - delighted to see Hammies get their just rewards - Nenagh will push Midleton it was at stage last year they tripped up against Rochestown

result on Tuesday between Doon v Castletroy will give clearer pic of group 2 and if Doon beaten and out I fancy AG to progress - even with Doon winning I'd be very slow to write off AG as I think when push comes to shove they will raise their game

Twould be some coup to have Colmans sneak in on results as well, if they could get a win in last game

Ard Scoil seem to be back on track but fantastic to have so many cork teams in the shake up for January

Hoping Castletroy can inadvertently do AG a favour today - beating Doon and opening door wider for the Cork School to progress

From cork point of view doon winning Is far more important in it means that Ag beating doon in the last game than go top group and get hopefully easier q final

Castletroy winning is bad for colmans also in Colmans have to win but tied then on points. And points difference at best with Castletroy comes in to it

Much better if it's just straight wins to go through

The way the games are set doon won today Ag beat doon doon are on four that game is a cup final then likewise colmans beat Castletroy then their through with Ag mhuire

Most cork fans want doon to win today
    Yes Castletroy with Anthony Nash cousin Barry playing and also Declan Fitzgerald at that school the current drom inch, ul freshers coach cork development coaches, not involved this team though have cork links but ultimately it's down to doon as better for cork teams if they win.
    If Castletroy win today they almost top the the group not ideal for Ag mhuire.

• Advertisement

Doon won 15 to12

So two cup finals doon v Ag mhuire and Castletroy v Colmans
    Winners of each go through
    Colmans and Ag mhuire be delighted with that going in to the last game

I fancy Ag to qualify Castletroy expierence may be too much for colmans but there not unbeatable

http://m.limerickleader.ie/sport/limerick-sport/doon-best-in-limerick-harty-cup-derby-against-castletroy-1-6438215

A draw will do both cork sides as they have a superior point difference to the limerick teams

Hoping Castletroy can inadvertently do AG a favour today - beating Doon and opening door wider for the Cork School to progress

Explain to me please how in God's name a win for Castletroy was good for cork schools????
    Yes I know you just mention one cork school
    But you seem oblivious to the fact old Sport winning for Castletroy opened the door for Ag mhuire but it almost closed the door for colmans the great I mean great cork school of hurling.

Today results mean draws will suffice for both teams and Ag now have a chance of even toping the group.
    Castletroy winning was a disaster for both cork teams for different reasons

I do know you have a tendency to look towards city teams in corkwith disregard to others as by your previous posts but cork hurling is far better if two schools and not just one qualify out the group and you seem oblivious to the fact a great great cork hurling nursery like colmans qualifying would be a super tonic for cork hurling as you would do well to remember most cork minor successful teams had a colmans connection down the years.

As a whole today was in fact a great day for cork hurling doon won as both teams have it own hands to qualify just like limerick teams

I'm told Doon have improved hugely from their first game v Colmans and managed to keep La touché Cosgrove out of game, significantly nullifying Castletroys attack

It would appear with all the frees it was either very indisciplined or very stop start

I still fancy AG to have enough to get over Doon although obviously this win boosts Doon hugely

Colmans I fear will be up against it

I'm told Doon have improved hugely from their first game v Colmans and managed to keep La touché Cosgrove out of game, significantly nullifying Castletroys attack

It would appear with all the frees it was either very indisciplined or very stop start

I still fancy AG to have enough to get over Doon although obviously this win boosts Doon hugely

I'm sure your concerned about colmans alright after the post you gave today!!!
    If your wish came through,Castletroy won they could be out.

Corn Uí Mhuirí Table after round 3
    Corn Uí Mhuirí Table
    Group A
    Team Played Wins Lost Draw Points
    Clonakilty CS 3 2 1 0 4
    Tralee CBS 3 2 1 0 4
    Col Cholim Ballincollig 3 1 2 0 2
    DLS Macroom 3 1 2 0 2
    Group B
    St Brendans Killarney 3 3 0 0 6
    Col Na Sceilge 3 2 1 0 4
    Mercy Mounthawk Tralee 3 0 2 1 1
    St Flannans Ennis 3 0 2 1 1
    Group C
    St Francis College Rochestown 3 2 0 1 5
    HS Clonmel 3 2 1 0 4
    St Fachtnas Skibbereen 3 1 1 1 3
    West Limerick Colleges 3 0 3 0 0
    Group D
    P.S Chorca Dhuibhne 2 2 0 0 4
    I S Kilorglin 2 1 1 0 2
    Col Chríost Rí 2 0 2 0 0
    Please note that the teams are listed in order of qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

I see Good Council New Ross beat Middleton in the All Ireland Colleges junior final.

I see Good Council New Ross beat Middleton in the All Ireland Colleges junior final.

Very strong kilkenny connection with superb Mullinvat winning manager Declan Wall with them and six players kilkenny.
    I'm very surprised kilkenny lad's didn't speak at all bout this game in the lead up to be honest in the threads, kilkenny is real hurling county I expected more to be honest. .
    Schools hurling is where it all starts really at the progressing to intercounty underage squads.
    An exceptional good counsel team deserved their win

Tomas o Connor imo will be kilkenny minor this year and I have no doubt after seeing him twice a certain senior player.

Midleton should and hopefully will do the business tomorrow against Nenagh

I hope AG will lay down marker tomorrow and announce their return to Harty

I hope Colmans get the rub of the green

It's a great day tomorrow for senior schools hurling

Corcaigh Abu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Munster GAA Post Primary Schools Dr. Harty Cup Result - Castletroy College 2-9 St. Colmans Fermoy 0-13

• Advertisement

Harty Cup SNTN Doon 1-13 North Mon AG 1-13 (FT) Match is a draw #munsterpps @munstergaa (via @gaajourno)

Harty Cup Middleton 1-13 Neneagh 3-11 (FT) @munstergaa (via @gaajourno)

Not even slightly surprised by that Midleton result, under-performing school year in year out at Harty level.

Orizio wrote: »
    Not even slightly surprised by that Midleton result, under-performing school year in year out at Harty level.

Desperate result for Midleton FFS

They've had nothing but desperate results for years now, all the talent in the world, biggest pick of all the Cork schools, constant stream of Cork Minors...and yet they always do this. Totally predictable.

Best of luck to the four that got through anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

So am I right in saying the 8 teams left are as follows:

Thurles, Nenagh, Castletroy, Hamilton, Ag Mhuire, Youghal & Rochestown and possibly Ard Scoil bar an upset in group 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Orizio wrote: »
    Harty Cup SNTN Doon 1-13 North Mon AG 1-13 (FT) Match is a draw #munsterpps @munstergaa (via @gaajourno)

A lot of places on twitter saying that North Mon won 1-15 to 1-13?

Either way I think Doon are out, disappointing for them, a point up with a minute to go.

Fair play to Castletroy.

dcrosskid wrote: »
    So am I right in saying the 8 teams left are as follows:

Thurles, Nenagh, Castletroy, Hamilton, Ag Mhuire, Youghal & Rochestown and possibly Ard Scoil bar an upset in group 1.

yeah that's it - disgusted Midleton didn't go through

Unbearably tight in Mallow and not helped with no scoreboard and wrong score on Twitter - still not sure if twas a draw or a 2 point win but AG celebrations at FT confirmed they were through

Despite doon upping the ante second half winning some of the tighter exchanges ultimately Lee Gunning & Sheehan got the scores while Doon over reliant on Barry Murphy and Colin Ryan to a lessor extent
    15yr old evan Sheehan getting the last score
    I was worried first ten mins of second half when AG had at least three goal attempts snuffed out, I thought maybe they would rue those chances but thankfully they just got over the line in a dogged battle - I thought they might have had it a little easier but Doon actually showed great composure throughout - a more experienced team - but AG had more shooting power in the end

Tough one to lose great one to win

Looked like Colmans fought hard but must have run out of steam second half

4 cork schools through - it should have been 5

Fireball07 wrote: »

Either way I think Doon are out, disappointing for them, a point up with a minute to go.

Fair play to Castletroy.
    Take it from me north Mon won
    I was there brilliant display by Barry Murphy Colin Ryan Shane o connell and quirke for doon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Iecrawfc

Fireball07 wrote: »

Fair play to Castletroy.

From a limerick POV 2 teams in the quarters is nothing to complain about, 50%, all teams were very competitive and all teams were in with a shout of a quarter final on the last round of games, there doesn't seem to be any stand out team this year except Thurles CBS maybe but anyone could win it really. Going on this and extrapolating limerick minors will be solid without being spectacular this year, while Cork will be strong...

Advertisement