Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harty Cup 14/15

Options
  • 13-10-2014 12:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28

Who are the favourites, darkhorses etc... seen the first round scores and was a fair few suprises ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Ard Scoil Ris will win it handy enough again. Will be interesting to see if they can actually beat one of the Kilkenny teams this time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 The Whisperer

Orizio wrote: »
    Ard Scoil Ris will win it handy enough again. Will be interesting to see if they can actually beat one of the Kilkenny teams this time.

They will probably win the harty comfortably enough, cue the Limerick Leader do a 37 page special on how great these boys are , only to lose handy enough to one of the kilkenny schools in the semi or final. Usually what happens alright.

Are Flannans really that bad? got an awful hammering the first day out like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Ard Scoil aren't likely to be as strong this year, I wouldn't think. Although they still have Ronan Lynch.

Flannan's mightn't have been good but Thurles CBS ran up a huge score, they are sure to be contenders.

When is the next round of games does anyone know? Is it this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Breadandbutter

2nd round games this week

Tuesday October 14th
    Dr. Harty Cup Senior A Hurling Round 2
    Charleville CBS V Our Ladys Templemore at Sean Treacy Park Tipperary Town @ 2:00pm – John O’Brien

Wednesday October 15th
    Dr. Harty Cup Senior A Hurling Round 2
    Blackwater CS V St Flannans Col - Kilmallock Richard Moloney
    Thurles CBS V West Limerick Colleges – Claughuan Damien Fox
    St Colmans Fermoy V Gaelcolaiste Mhuire AG – Watergrasshill Nathan Wall
    DLS Waterford V Castletroy CC – Cahir Noel Cosgrove
    PS Youghal V St Caimins Shannon - Charleville Michael Sheehan
    Nenagh CBS V Dungarvan CBS – Cashel John Ryan
    HS Clonmel V Midleton CBS – Fraher Field Paul Foley

It wil be interesting to see how good Midleton and Castltroy are on their first outing

• Advertisement

Templemore seem well in control at halftime V Charleville today - up 8 points acc to Twitter

Templemore by 3 in what read like a competitive second half. 1 20 to 2 14

Charleville Harty most likely over after 2 defeats

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

Munster P.P.S. @munsterpps · 1m 1 minute ago
    Dr. Harty Cup Result - Thurles CBS 1-15 West Limerick 3-9

@munsterpps Full Time Midleton CBS 0-11 High School Clonmel 0-10 Gary Leahy with last gasp winner

Tomás McCarthy @tomasmcc · 3m 3 minutes ago
    @munsterpps Full Time Nenagh CBS 1-13 Dungarvan CBS 1-12

Youghal beat Caimins. Some going for such a small school.

Youghal beat Caimins. Some going for such a small school.

What a crazy statement.. Pobailscoil youghal is one of the biggest schools in cork with brand new facilities and a huge student population... Its catchment area is massive and its the only secondary school in the town now so dosnt have the same competition as fermoy, Middleton, dungarvan etc....youghal, killeagh, St itas, castle martyr, fr o Neill's, clash more, ardmore club men would be making up the majority of their teams.

• Advertisement

What a crazy statement.. Pobailscoil youghal is one of the biggest schools in cork with brand new facilities and a huge student population... Its catchment area is massive and its the only secondary school in the town now so dosnt have the same competition as fermoy, Middleton, dungarvan etc....youghal, killeagh, St itas, castle martyr, fr o Neill's, clash more, ardmore club men would be making up the majority of their teams.

What...? They have only 2-3 each from all the other clubs you mentioned bar Youghal who are consistently poor underage. The majority of the O'Neills, C'Martyr and Killeagh lads go to Midleton. They don't even have lads from C'Martyr playing ffs. :confused: Their representation on Cork underage panels is much smaller than the likes of Midleton, R'Town etc.

Compare their GAA pick to Thurles, ASR, Flannans etc and get back to me.

What...? They have only 2-3 each from all the other clubs you mentioned bar Youghal who are consistently poor underage. The majority of the O'Neills, C'Martyr and Killeagh lads go to Midleton. They don't even have lads from C'Martyr playing ffs. :confused: Their representation on Cork underage panels is much smaller than the likes of Midleton, R'Town etc.

Compare their GAA pick to Thurles, ASR, Flannans etc and get back to me.

Im not doubting that the teams Iv mentioned may be poor at supplying players but what I am saying is that as a school they have a huge student population and as schools go compared to other schools close by them are definitely not a "small school" as you originally stated..

Compare youghals pick to dungarvan CBS, clonmel CBS, blackwater cs, St Colman's fermoy. And you might understand where I'm coming from.

Some interesting results today

Surprised to see Midleton struggle to get over Clonmel in such a low scoring game - although conditions obviously bad with all the rain. - Midleton must have injuries - I know big Dan struggling with his knee, and Shaney Smith had a hand Injury but I thought he was right again but are they missing others ?

Great result for AG although at expense of Colmans and Colmans beat Doon the last day so can't be too shy

Good to see Youghall get the win over Shannon, They have Rochestown next - that seems an even enough group

Then Thurles who ran amok against Flannans just managed to salvage a draw against West Limerick

Nenagh had only Only a point over Dungarvan, and looks like Castletroy finished DLS s chances

So Ard Scoil still looks like the only standout team

TTMs Match Report and in depth analysis

Harty cup in charville Wet ptich,damp but no real heavy rain very strong breeze though
    Full time youghal 0-15 Caoimhins 0-13

St caoimhins

Paul kinnerk clare coach coaching them
    Jason loughnne goals
    Damien o connor cratloe
    Cathal lynch full back normally forward but their orignal full back was injured

kieran o connor cratloe
    guillfoyle wing back
    Ben gorman centreback
    Patrick mulready wing back
    Rory hayes midfield clare minor 1
    Dean devanney 2 point
    JackCunningham wing aron clare u 21 brother
    Eoin flynn centre forward
    Darragh.mcmahon half forward
    Hayes newmarket
    Aron shanagher 9 7f
    Caragh agnew 1 point
    Subs brian o connor wolfe tones came on for hayes newmarket

Youghal

Harry olliphant youghal two great saves to stop shanagher ,plus one supberb save then 2 up ,saved a jack cunningham certain goal on

jack rourke killeagh st itsas
    Bobby mccarthhy st itas
    Bill mcgrath youghal
    Cathal deane st itas st itas superb long distance point
    Kevin murphy killeagh st itas
    Matthew farell youghal 1 point
    John paul lucey bride rovers
    Eddie o halloran clasmore
    Danny walsh youghal
    Declan dalton fr o.neills 12 8f 2wides and one free also dropped short injured right leg early
    Ten minutes left declan dalton got a bad belt ,wasnt intended,was injured but then fine again
    Made of strong stuff he is
    Was held from play quite well but placed ball was reason they won
    With two points up,they dropped him back as a full back sweeper just behind shanagher,knew only goal beat them
    He sweeped up two great balls
    Man of the match considering he got most of the teams scores

Connor hennessy youghal
    Chris morrisy youghal
    Darragh o brien killeagh plays full back for killeagh got a vital point 1
    Andrew seoige youghal

Subs

Alan mccaryhy clasmore
    Ryan coady youghal
    Jack merkushev st itas
    Darragh o connell youghal
    Padraig delaney st itas
    Edmond hynes clasmore
    Conor lynch clashmore
    Kenneth cantilliom st itas
    Oisin murphy fr o neills
    Charie bryan ardmore
    David ogbebor st itas
    Emmet barron st itas
    Liam cody youghal

Half time the score was youghal ten caoimhins six
    Decalton dalton 5 frees just one wide exhibtion long distance point scoring in that half from both play and placed ball,but mainly placed balls,anywhere within 65 metres.

A great win,youghal top of the group now,but tough games ahead,over relliance on dalton could catch them down the line,rochestown could have too much for them imo with shane kingston also lethal for rochestown
    Roceshtown are in their group and while caoimhin will improve after this their st game rochestown should respect both opponents but fear not either of them imo.
    Charville are in the group also but after two losses unlilkey to qualify imo.
    Rochestown had a,bye this round,level with templemore on 2 pts but a game in hand.
    Youghal have four from two games.Likely we get at least one cork team if not two from thos group which is fantastic news for cork hurling

Christy cooney was there at the match also,a real hurling man through and through.Great to see men of hes standing at school games supporting hes own

Great result for youghal,outside of my mom dalton,olliphant in goal,bobby mccarthy at full back, cathal deane and kevin murphy at half back,bobby o halloran,jp lucey at midfied were outstanding.
    Cathal Deane at half back,16 only i think ,was supberb,great point from wing back ,is one the cork minor selectors imo should monitor.For caimhins,Shanagher clare minor again next year,mulready,gorman ,and hayes at midfield were very good.
    Well done to all on a fine win for Youghal,unbelivable and great to see for such a small school compared to others.Immense credit due.
    Caoimhins will improve,and play nice brand,clare style of hurling under kinnerk.

On a side note, Wasnt at yesterdays harty cup game,but tim o mahony newtown got a goal again
    In hes last four games,club and school,six goals
    The one game he didnt get a goal v rochestown,just played,newtown,tuesday evining but still played well.
    Picking a cork minor team now,he has got to be on it,simply has to be, having excelled at school,u 21,held hes own at senior against davy glynn ucc and darren mannix,this lad will only improve.
    Watched him since u 13,upward progession.
    He has superb hands,strong,pace,hurling,no soft scoring nonense,goal is on he goes for it.
    Morrisey limerick minor outstanding all year for them,o mahony,similar player but better than tom,tom is very good thats how good tim is.
    He has a steely resolve,hunger,real drive within.
    Like pa callaghan,the rare blend of fast tappy skill,but power in the air,pace on the ground,strong on the inside,beaitfuil on the field of play,the new breed of player,cork hurling craves for.A workhorse also but real craft,guile and there is more in him.
    Eoghan kinery overage now,is another to watch,real potential,okay v limerick but boxed in at corner forward does not suit hes,style of play.

Anybody know who got ag mhuires two goals please?
    Good day again for most cork schools in the harty cup.Well done all.
    thinkstoomuch1 is offline Report Post

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭rebelomar

The AG got to the Dean Ryan final two years ago so I'd imagine they could be darkhorses.

Few of their players had runouts in the Cork SHC this season too so that might stand to them. The lad Dayne Lee looks a seriously dangerous forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

D o connail na piarsaigh
    E o chonaing,c o suilleabhain,r o meadhra all na piarsaigh
    A o donobhain glen
    Ro muireasa,glen
    E o laoighre glen
    L o cochlainn glen
    C o hainifein na piarsaigh
    P de faoite glen
    D o breachtain glen
    D o chonaing na piarsaigh
    D o laoi na piarsaigh
    E o siochain na piarsaigh

Id presume ag lined out similar to team here that lined out in the ist game

Key players are o darren connell gk played senior na piarsaigh when brady was abroad,eddie gunning fine job senior q final replacing injured darren mannix,evan sheehan u 16 supberb forward,dan gunning eddies brother,of,course dayne lee this year corkminor splendid goal v limerick this year,played senior with na piarsaigh in championship,liam coughlan of the glen and chris hanafin na piarsaigh
    I think liam shorten ex cork footballer, current muskerry footballer,fine coach,is their fitness trainer with them still.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Student body doesn't mean all that much in GAA terms. More important to look at what clubs are represented, how many and what portion of that club actually attends the school. So the majority of the school pick's from (a) Youghal, who although a senior club and a large town, are typically poor to mediocre underage and (b) St. Itas, the smallest club in East Cork, and one of the smallest in Co. Cork. After that they have a handful each from Fr. O'Neills, Clashmore and Killeagh. Very little depth there, proven by the fact that they have no more than five representatives on past or present Cork Hurling panels, and by the fact that at U-16 level they were hammered in the B competition.

Colmans have the pick of 6-7 teams, not comparable. And again, they are much better represented on Cork panels and strong at all levels.

anyone have a match report or even just the starting teams for the flannans versus blackwater game??

yawn

WTF is your problem. :confused:

Nevermind, I'll take your infantile response to mean 'I was wrong, you were right'.

• Advertisement

Student body doesn't mean all that much in GAA terms. More important to look at what clubs are represented, how many and what portion of that club actually attends the school. So the majority of the school pick's from (a) Youghal, who although a senior club and a large town, are typically poor to mediocre underage and (b) St. Itas, the smallest club in East Cork, and one of the smallest in Co. Cork. After that they have a handful each from Fr. O'Neills, Clashmore and Killeagh. Very little depth there, proven by the fact that they have no more than five representatives on past or present Cork Hurling panels, and by the fact that at U-16 level they were hammered in the B competition.

Colmans have the pick of 6-7 teams, not comparable. And again, they are much better represented on Cork panels and strong at all levels.

Thinkstoomuch, what do you disagree with in this post? At least debate with me rather than sneer from the edges.

Thinkstoomuch, what do you disagree with in this post? At least debate with me rather than sneer from the edges.

Lad I have no interest in going tit for tat with you.
    You make snide,remarks bout teams,playerd,you dont back up,one liners on various teams,you criticise my report I took time ,effort to do on match as I didnt know clubs,you knew two well I knew clubs,you wanted reaction.You call me predjuiced just I crticised your home town club when I clear as day showed you post I cheerrd them on v north cork club
    Bring something real to the table,then ill debate
    Have the last word,im.not wasting time,you clearly post for a reaction,i post for gaa reasons.

Lad I have no interest in going tit for tat with you.
    You make snide,remarks bout teams,playerd,you dont back up,one liners on various teams,you criticise my report I took time ,effort to do on match as I didnt know clubs,you knew two well I knew clubs,you wanted reaction.You call me predjuiced just I crticised your home town club when I clear as day showed you post I cheerrd them on v north cork club
    Bring something real to the table,then ill debate
    Have the last word,im.not wasting time,you clearly post for a reaction,i post for gaa reasons.

So you thank a troll post that replies 'yawn' to my genuine debate and then you react like this...?

Either respond to the post in question or don't get involved. Do you agree or disagree with the post I made regarding Youghal? And if you do, why did you bother thanking thewhisperer's troll post?

anyone have a match report or even just the starting teams for the flannans versus blackwater game??

Ill do my best to get it for you cant gurantre.but ill.alwsys try help kI geuine fan like yourself.

Ill do my best to get it for you cant gurantre.but ill.alwsys try help kI geuine fan like yourself.

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Orizio, The Whisperer and thinkstoomuch1: Cut out the sniping.

And by the way, single word, childish replies to posts do not constitute debate. If you disagree with someone's post, by all means debate it with them but any more immature responses will result in infractions.

So you thank a troll post that replies 'yawn' to my genuine debate and then you react like this...?

Either respond to the post in question or don't get involved. Do you agree or disagree with the post I made regarding Youghal? And if you do, why did you bother thanking thewhisperer's troll post?

my "yawn" post wasnt meant to be a "troll" post.. I just like thinkstoomuch am just not interested in debating this or that etc etc etc.. and thats all you seem to be interested in is bickering about minor things. I started this thread so we could keep an eye on all things concerned the harty cup yet you seem determined to turn the thread into some sort of bitching session. i dont want to continue any arguements so i dont want a reply to this thread. I am just a normal gaa fan interested in post primary schools competitions and who is playing well for what schools etc.. please excuse me if i have no interest in continuing meaningless debates about meaningless topics..my bad.. ps please dont reply to my post as iv no interest in commucating with you unless its harty related talk anymore.

my "yawn" post wasnt meant to be a "troll" post.. I just like thinkstoomuch am just not interested in debating this or that etc etc etc.. and thats all you seem to be interested in is bickering about minor things. I started this thread so we could keep an eye on all things concerned the harty cup yet you seem determined to turn the thread into some sort of bitching session. i dont want to continue any arguements so i dont want a reply to this post. I am just a normal gaa fan interested in post primary schools competitions and who is playing well for what schools etc.. please excuse me if i have no interest in continuing meaningless debates about meaningless topics..my bad.. ps please dont reply to my post as iv no interest in commucating with you unless its harty related talk anymore.

my "yawn" post wasnt meant to be a "troll" post.. I just like thinkstoomuch am just not interested in debating this or that etc etc etc.. and thats all you seem to be interested in is bickering about minor things. I started this thread so we could keep an eye on all things concerned the harty cup yet you seem determined to turn the thread into some sort of bitching session. i dont want to continue any arguements so i dont want a reply to this thread. I am just a normal gaa fan interested in post primary schools competitions and who is playing well for what schools etc.. please excuse me if i have no interest in continuing meaningless debates about meaningless topics..my bad.. ps please dont reply to my post as iv no interest in commucating with you unless its harty related talk anymore.

You started the debate and then decided to not bother continuing. Why even reply to my post if you have no interest in discussing the subject at hand?

Basically you just wasted both mine and your time.

Anyway Hammer is correct, time to move on.

• Advertisement

Anyone have a match report or teams for the blackwater cs vs flannans? Or the dungarvan cbs vs clonmel cs games ??

Advertisement