Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Good luck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Prai101

Best of luck , am I the only one refs not called

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

Did anyone make a whatsapp/Facebook group yet?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 caritafi

Prai101 wrote: »
    Best of luck , am I the only one refs not called
    My refs weren't called either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 IrC

Does anybody know what the dress code for training is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Flygirl92

IrC wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the dress code for training is?

You'll get fitted for your uniforms at the start and then beginning wearing them once they are ready! Until then it's smart/business casual - like you are going to interview. On some days you can wear more casual clothes for practical training but you'll be instructed as to when! Hope this helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sgal7

One of my references only got contacted last week so there is still hope.. my other reference is terrible with his phone so I hope they try all the other contact methods I gave for him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 IrC

Flygirl92 wrote: »
    You'll get fitted for your uniforms at the start and then beginning wearing them once they are ready! Until then it's smart/business casual - like you are going to interview. On some days you can wear more casual clothes for practical training but you'll be instructed as to when! Hope this helped!
    Thank you! Yes this has definitely helped! Was not sure if I needed to start stocking up on some workwear!
    How long would you say it is until the uniforms are ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

Hey everyone, did anybody hear anything from Garda vetting since getting their AIC number ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Flygirl92

IrC wrote: »
    Thank you! Yes this has definitely helped! Was not sure if I needed to start stocking up on some workwear!
    How long would you say it is until the uniforms are ready?

Can't say I'm afraid! Last year some groups got them within a week and others waiting 3-4 weeks...!

• Advertisement

If anyone hasn't already made a Facebook/Whatsapp/Viber group yet let me know and I could create one...

Also, has anyone who hasn't been contacted yet heard anything??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Prai101

I'd
    Be interested
    Let me
    Know
    And
    I'll
    Pm number

Prai101 wrote: »
    I'd
    Be interested
    Let me
    Know
    And
    I'll
    Pm number

Ok for everyone interested please PM me... also what would be best? Facebook , Whatsapp or Viber?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kicsicsirke

1 vote for Fb

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

jamie124 wrote: »
    Ok for everyone interested please PM me... also what would be best? Facebook , Whatsapp or Viber?? :)

I'm fine with any of the groups,
    Sent you a pm with number
    Thanks

Here is a platform for us, if anyone wants to join :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/292707447799223/

Mikef747 wrote: »
    I'm fine with any of the groups,
    Sent you a pm with number
    Thanks

Ok can everyone interested, PM me your numbers for whatsapp, also there is a Facebook group there by the poster above if anyone wants that? Nice to have a mixture I suppose lol x :)

Ok the whatsapp group is also active and up and running so anyone interested in that as well as the FB group, PM me your numbers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Great thanks :) Just sent a request to join :)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Coll2413

Cheers I also just sent request thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Becksor95

Do you think they are finished with the recruitment? I've emailed them again this morning and I've gotten the same response every time...all I keep getting is " Applications are being assessed at the moment and you will be contacted in due course." Had my interview on the 12th...loosing hope at this rate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Susan17

Becksor95 wrote: »
    Do you think they are finished with the recruitment? I've emailed them again this morning and I've gotten the same response every time...all I keep getting is " Applications are being assessed at the moment and you will be contacted in due course." Had my interview on the 12th...loosing hope at this rate :(

I had my interview on the 13th I still didn't hear Anything myself just have to wish and see what happens

Becksor95 wrote: »

No they haven't finished I wouldn't think , they just take a while to let people know... very frustrating I know but keep the faith xx

Don't give up!!

I got offered the job today!! still needs to be confirmed, as with work I am on the phone constantly so kept missing the call until someone emailed me the offer this afternoon, going to call in the morning before work to confirm everything, but starting training on 29th may with flying mid July until mid October!!

My interview was 9th and references were only contacted last week so definitely isn't done yet. It hasn't sunk in yet. I'm from Donegal, so this is going to be a big but exciting change!!:eek:

Sgal7 wrote: »
    Don't give up!!

I got offered the job today!! still needs to be confirmed, as with work I am on the phone constantly so kept missing the call until someone emailed me the offer this afternoon, going to call in the morning before work to confirm everything, but starting training on 29th may with flying mid July until mid October!!

My interview was 9th and references were only contacted last week so definitely isn't done yet. It hasn't sunk in yet. I'm from Donegal, so this is going to be a big but exciting change!!:eek:

Wow congrats very well done:) I was starting to give up hope because there taking so long to get back to people least I know now not to give up hope :) do u know what type of contract you got fix term or permanent seasonal ?

Susan17 wrote: »
    Wow congrats very well done:) I was starting to give up hope because there taking so long to get back to people least I know now not to give up hope :) do u know what type of contract you got fix term or permanent seasonal ?

No definitely not, I had no hope when my references weren't contacted originally. It is the fixed term, with only 3 months flying so not sure what that means :confused: but hopefully know so more in the morning, trying to read back over the old posts now to know what to expect

Sgal7 wrote: »
    No definitely not, I had no hope when my references weren't contacted originally. It is the fixed term, with only 3 months flying so not sure what that means :confused: but hopefully know so more in the morning, trying to read back over the old posts now to know what to expect

Well that is amazing that u got it :)
    Let us know 2mo about the fix term when u talk to them. Much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Kind of worrying

This is from another thread on boards

Just had another look and they have withdrawn 7 morning frequency's planned OPO (x3), PSA (x1), STR (x2), BRU (x1), one each day and not looked at evenings but looks like the same has happened...
    Very weird if they are going to miss out on providing all those seats(revenue/market share) over the busy summer.
    Incidentally Aer Lingus are recruiting crew through the HR agency NoBox in Madrid, Rome, Bucharest, what on earth they have planned god knows!

That's Porto, Pisa, Stuttgart and Brussels. Maybe just recruiting to have a spread of languages?

Good luck everybody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 AVharald

joeysoap wrote: »
    Kind of worrying

This is from another thread on boards

Just had another look and they have withdrawn 7 morning frequency's planned OPO (x3), PSA (x1), STR (x2), BRU (x1), one each day and not looked at evenings but looks like the same has happened...
    Very weird if they are going to miss out on providing all those seats(revenue/market share) over the busy summer.
    Incidentally Aer Lingus are recruiting crew through the HR agency NoBox in Madrid, Rome, Bucharest, what on earth they have planned god knows!

That's Porto, Pisa, Stuttgart and Brussels. Maybe just recruiting to have a spread of languages?

Good luck everybody

They want to expand mainly to north america - what iv heard

Advertisement