Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FlyEire12

joeysoap wrote: »
    Kind of worrying

This is from another thread on boards

Just had another look and they have withdrawn 7 morning frequency's planned OPO (x3), PSA (x1), STR (x2), BRU (x1), one each day and not looked at evenings but looks like the same has happened...
    Very weird if they are going to miss out on providing all those seats(revenue/market share) over the busy summer.
    Incidentally Aer Lingus are recruiting crew through the HR agency NoBox in Madrid, Rome, Bucharest, what on earth they have planned god knows!

That's Porto, Pisa, Stuttgart and Brussels. Maybe just recruiting to have a spread of languages?

Good luck everybody

NoBox is recruiting for the small aircrafts, like Stobart. Went to their website to apply just to know what is it about and they say it's to do UK flights only.
    According to Independent it was because not a lot of tickets were being sold, honestly I don't really believe that's the main reason, it's a bit odd..
    Anyway, what I heard is that they are more interested in increasing the USA routes, as there's already a lot of competition in Europe (Ryanair, Easyjet...)
    Hopefully this won't have any impact on us.
    Just that now Ryanair will keep having very high prices for these routes. Specially Porto (I've seen 250€ one way), which is sad, as it's a beautiful city to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

FlyEire12 wrote: »
    NoBox is recruiting for the small aircrafts, like Stobart. Went to their website to apply just to know what is it about and they say it's to do UK flights only.
    According to Independent it was because not a lot of tickets were being sold, honestly I don't really believe that's the main reason, it's a bit odd..
    Anyway, what I heard is that they are more interested in increasing the USA routes, as there's already a lot of competition in Europe (Ryanair, Easyjet...)
    Hopefully this won't have any impact on us.
    Just that now Ryanair will keep having very high prices for these routes. Specially Porto (I've seen 250€ one way), which is sad, as it's a beautiful city to visit.

You could well be correct and hopefully you are, and anyway they said that they were recruiting 300? This time around. I don't think AL would jeopardise the benefit they know they get from having the cabin crew they know and trust.

(Nb €250 is steep, there's a fast train from Lisbon to Porto, I would certainly consider that if I was being asked for €250.)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FlyEire12

joeysoap wrote: »
    You could well be correct and hopefully you are, and anyway they said that they were recruiting 300? This time around. I don't think AL would jeopardise the benefit they know they get from having the cabin crew they know and trust.

(Nb €250 is steep, there's a fast train from Lisbon to Porto, I would certainly consider that if I was being asked for €250.)

Just trying to be positive. Guess that's all we can do..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DelpyDoo

Hey, so I got a call today and I've been offered a contract provided I pass the medical. Due to start training May 29th. Anybody who has already done the medical what can I expect (I've never had one before) and what do you wear to such a thing? Mine isn't in Malahide, it's somewhere in the airport. Excited that I finally heard so fingers crossed now everything goes well and I will be flying with you all soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AVharald

DelpyDoo wrote: »
    Hey, so I got a call today and I've been offered a contract provided I pass the medical. Due to start training May 29th. Anybody who has already done the medical what can I expect (I've never had one before) and what do you wear to such a thing? Mine isn't in Malahide, it's somewhere in the airport. Excited that I finally heard so fingers crossed now everything goes well and I will be flying with you all soon. :)

Congrats! May i ask around what time have they called you?

• Advertisement

AVharald wrote: »
    Hey they actually rang yesterday but I missed the call so rang them back this morning :)

Hey they actually rang yesterday but I missed the call so rang them back this morning :)

Oh ok and around what time did they call you yesterday? Sorry for asking again😅

No idea unfortunately, my phone went dead so I just received a voicemail once I charged it. I would assume late afternoon ... Why? Do you think you missed a call from them?

No idea unfortunately, my phone went dead so I just received a voicemail once I charged it. I would assume late afternoon ... Why? Do you think you missed a call from them?

Dunno my phone hasnt been working well but will wait as im sure they would email me if anything...thanks :)

Don't give up hope, it seems to be taking ages. Don't be worrying about your phone either, after I rang them back I discovered that they had just sent me an email asking me to ring them. So if they can't get through to you, they will email you. Hope that helps a bit. Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

Don't give up hope, it seems to be taking ages. Don't be worrying about your phone either, after I rang them back I discovered that they had just sent me an email asking me to ring them. So if they can't get through to you, they will email you. Hope that helps a bit. Best of luck :)

That definitely helps :) thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sgal7

I start training the 29th May too!! :D have you got a date for your medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Mikef747

Medical is quiet straight forward, just some admin first , urine sample, blood pressure, sight and hearing test , then some coordination tests, no need to wear tracksuit as you don't do any exercise type tests !
    Good luck

Sgal7 wrote: »
    I start training the 29th May too!! :D have you got a date for your medical yet?
    Cool, we should hopefully be starting together so. My medical is on Tuesday. How about yours?

Mikef747 wrote: »
    Medical is quiet straight forward, just some admin first , urine sample, blood pressure, sight and hearing test , then some coordination tests, no need to wear tracksuit as you don't do any exercise type tests !
    Good luck
    Thank you so much, wasn't sure what to expect at all. That seems grand. Didn't know if we had to be presentable in interview style clothes or just be ourselves, I'm assuming smart casual would be fine :)

Thank you so much, wasn't sure what to expect at all. That seems grand. Didn't know if we had to be presentable in interview style clothes or just be ourselves, I'm assuming smart casual would be fine :)

Yeah , smart casual is perfect

Has anyone heard anything after getting the DAA personal number ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Eveeeee

Hey did everyone get a letter from every place they were employed for the background check or did you just give names and phone numbers? Thanks

Eveeeee wrote: »
    Hey did everyone get a letter from every place they were employed for the background check or did you just give names and phone numbers? Thanks

Didn't give letter just gave phone numbers and email address's

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ridley94

In the online background check form I filled in all names and numbers etc but a few days later they rang me looking for written references for all college courses and employment. It also had to be on headed paper so might be best to have them ready :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Eveeeee

Didn't give letter just gave phone numbers and email address's

Me too and they rang looking for letters now..The effort ha

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Hey when I filled it it online I just gave names and contact details but they called me about two weeks ago asking for letters from my current and previous employers with the starting and finishing dates of my employment. I would imagine its probably to ensure the dates are the same as the ones we had given.

Hey when I filled it it online I just gave names and contact details but they called me about two weeks ago asking for letters from my current and previous employers with the starting and finishing dates of my employment. I would imagine its probably to ensure the dates are the same as the ones we had given.

Was that before or after you got your AIC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭NicolaDowney

Was that before or after you got your AIC ?

Before, it was before I even sent back the DAA form.

Hey guys , anybody hear anything from Garda about vetting, I see on Facebook page , one girl got her vetting forms online, did anyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mendina

I got my call and i will be on training from the 21st of April. Anyone here are on the same one?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kicsicsirke

So lucky! When did they call? We are just playing "lottery" with the timeframes :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mendina

So lucky! When did they call? We are just playing "lottery" with the timeframes :)))

I got the call yesterday around 1pm :)

mendina wrote: »
    I got my call and i will be on training from the 21st of April. Anyone here are on the same one?:)

Congrats, I'm the 28th April

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 turkeybacon

For the people who has lived in a foreign country, are any of you still waiting for your police background check? Does anyone know how long this usually takes to get posted back to you?

Advertisement