Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does one Miss a toll??

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Whatever about not seeing the signs, people who are not used to it could easily forget to pay it afterwards. Ring Eflow if you haven't already, because those tolls incur penalties.

I set up the free account with them (it's the tag account that you have to pay for but that's for all tolls; the free account is just for the M50) - safest thing to do when it could so easily be forgotten. And various family members have put their car on my account and can just drive through and forget about it because you can't be charged penalties. It's a cheaper toll too.

Yeah thats very true man, i paid it straight away for the sake of a poxy 6 euros lol

Sam Kade wrote: »
    What did you expect when starting this thread? Do you take much notice of other road signs?

I didnt expect people to be over the top, the main point of the thread was i was trying to figure out how i missed a toll, since id never heard of a E-toll before now... to say people are overreacting to this is an understatement lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

evo2000 wrote: »
    I didnt expect people to be over the top, the main point of the thread was i was trying to figure out how i missed a toll, since id never heard of a E-toll before now... to say people are overreacting to this is an understatement lol

People arent over reacting there is massive signs coming up to the toll on the m50 & after it about paying the toll. Peoples reaction here is about the fact that you did not observe them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

E-Toll is just a method of payment. There are also signs advising you can pay up to 8pm the next day. Many shops take the payment, service stations, on line, etc. You can also pay in advance, I have done this before hitting the road for the airport, as may have not got a chance to pay on time afterwards.

JillyQ wrote: »
    People arent over reacting there is massive signs coming up to the toll on the m50 & after it about paying the toll. Peoples reaction here is about the fact that you did not observe them.

To be quite honest with yeah ye prob care about it more than i do lol godforbid someone not see a sign oh the horror!! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

To be quite honest with yeah ye prob care about it more than i do lol godforbid someone not see a sign oh the horror!! lol

Would you spot them again if you ever venture up that way? Probably not.

A Sign? Theres more than one.

Do ever other motorIst a favour & open your eyes when your driving.

Do ever other motorIst a favour & open your eyes when your driving.

If they were closed dont you think id have crashed? just a thought tho, your a very unreasonable person,

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    A Sign? Theres more than one.

So we ve established several pages ago, feel free to repeat it tho if thats what makes you happy

• Advertisement

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Would you spot them again if you ever venture up that way? Probably not.

what makes you think i wouldnt spot em the 2nd time round? anything to back that up with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

what makes you think i wouldnt spot em the 2nd time round? anything to back that up with?

Those tolls are a rip off. Dublin punters seem happy to pay up once there are a few signs around. Let them suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I got a lovely letter from them during the week telling me I owe them 43 quid for unpaid tolls, I had paid it and luckily kept the receipt -

I normally throw them away but since it was my first toll in my new car the receipt was kept...

Turns out the chap in the Applegreen mistyped my reg number when putting the payment through... :/

Fieldog wrote: »
    I got a lovely letter from them during the week telling me I owe them 43 quid for unpaid tolls, I had paid it and luckily kept the receipt -

I normally throw them away but since it was my first toll in my new car the receipt was kept...

Turns out the chap in the Applegreen mistyped my reg number when putting the payment through... :/

You should have said nothing, let them bring you to court, and whip out the receipt. 'These are the receipts I was telling you about'

If they were closed dont you think id have crashed? just a thought tho, your a very unreasonable person,

no im not unreasonable I drive over 30000km a year. If are going to drive on motorways learn about them. I see drivers like you on the road ever day off the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Rightwing wrote: »
    You should have said nothing, let them bring you to court, and whip out the receipt. 'These are the receipts I was telling you about'

Why do I never think of these thing's?

:)

Why do I never think of these thing's?

:)

On reflection you probably did the right thing. A judge sitting on his fat arse would probably have hit you with the fine.

Did he not read it back to you to confirm it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

The guy in the Applegreen is the only person at fault here - the toll company can hardly be blamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

This thread is developing nicely. A lot of t olling happening which I always enjoy

• Advertisement

Those tolls are a rip off. Dublin punters seem happy to pay up once there are a few signs around. Let them suck it up.
    Recognition that if they don't pay it they'll incur penalties isn't automatically being happy about it.

no im not unreasonable I drive over 30000km a year. If are going to drive on motorways learn about them. I see drivers like you on the road ever day off the week.

Well for one ive never had an accident in the 5 years ive been driving, so your sweeping accusations are false, have you ever had an accident? id wager alot of the people on there high horses here over a missed sign prob have had a few fender benders!

if a mod is lookin at this, be no harm to close this thread its served its purpose and people are just gone beyond ridiculous.. lol

Haha it d be priceless too see there reaction

I honestly hate people like you that just go out of there way to try and take offense to somethin! lol

Haha it d be priceless too see there reaction
    It'd probably be "Why didn't you let us know sooner instead of letting it drag to court".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

30000km is fcuk all milage, i puts that up on the digger in 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

OP you are lucky to be alive after your reckless rampage on the M50 that could have killed so many. I'm never going out on the roads again for fear that this toll missing maniac will be out driving somewhere in the country, probably missing signs that will in turn have zero effect on my life at all. I am outraged, for no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

OP you are lucky to be alive after your reckless rampage on the M50 that could have killed so many. I'm never going out on the roads again for fear that this toll missing maniac will be out driving somewhere in the country, probably missing signs that will in turn have zero effect on my life at all. I am outraged, for no reason.

LOL!!!!!

I'd prefer a driver was looking at the other cars around him than looking out for road signs .......... some real dramatic eejits on this thread!!! :D

• Advertisement

lmfao you sir have won the internet! now prepare for plenty of abuse for ur witty comment!

Advertisement