Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does one Miss a toll??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭blackwhite

biko wrote: »
    There is just 1 barrierless toll in Ireland afaik, just the one on m50 coming from M6 toward Dub airport.

From the M4 you mean, the M6 ends at Kinnegad - these Galway people thinking the world revolves around them! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

evo2000 wrote: »
    on the way back out of dublin at 6 it was crazy! wouldnt be used to it at all that coupled with not really known where i was goin ! i found it hectic enuff anyway!

You should get one of those sat navs or download an app if you have one of those smartphones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

image.jpg

0003b200-642.jpg

Was it yourself, Ted?

http://youtu.be/Pb0oksLANEY?t=45s

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

we did indeed! went to see the spire thing aswell! proper tourists! haha

I am from Dublin and forget to pay it every so often as well.

Just pay it as soon as you can, although they only accept Euro and not punts, we changed over a while back in case you missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It is also written twice on the road surface on each of the four lanes 'TOLL', and two other signs after you pass in each direction, 'PAY TOLL BEFORE 8PM TOMORROW'

Really I worry about people paying so little attention being out on the roads....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭ted1

so your tellin me...i missed a toll, that wasnt even there? mind is blown! haha

Signs for it everywhere, how did you miss them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

OP WERE YOU ON THE M50?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Does anyone read the comments at all? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Were you driving your Mums merc?

Or crowned miss Limerick in 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

RainyDay wrote: »
    image.jpg

0003b200-642.jpg

Was it yourself, Ted?

http://youtu.be/Pb0oksLANEY?t=45s

thats fairly accurate haha ah **** it twas an honest mistake anyway! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

thats fairly accurate haha ah **** it twas an honest mistake anyway! haha

Ah your honest about it, that's grand so miss limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

As someone who has to share the road with the public on a daily basis, is it any fcuking wonder I'm greying and balding? :(

As someone who has to share the road with the public on a daily basis, is it any fcuking wonder I'm greying and balding? :(

Dont be such a ****in drama queen, i missed a toll, i didnt ****in massacre the M50 id be more concerned about the balding grey lad doin the 100 mph fly bys in his 2014 merc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Is it possible the OP was on the M50?

Would explain a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Seriously? I pictured you with a leonine mane of fiery red Tir Chonaill hair! In a kilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

THE DREAM IS DEAD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

Dont be such a ****in drama queen, i missed a toll, i didnt ****in massacre the M50 id be more concerned about the balding grey lad doin the 100 mph fly bys in his 2014 merc!

In fairness, he's right. Shouldn't be on the road if you can't take in basic signs. I'd be less concerned about the lad doin 100mph in his Merc on the motorway as he more than likely has a fair degree of competency and aptitude.

Forgetting to pay is one thing, missing it completely is another thing entirely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I am from Dublin and forget to pay it every so often as well.

Just pay it as soon as you can, although they only accept Euro and not punts, we changed over a while back in case you missed it.

You sure about this? :D

• Advertisement

threeball wrote: »
    In fairness, he's right. Shouldn't be on the road if you can't take in basic signs. I'd be less concerned about the lad doin 100mph in his Merc on the motorway as he more than likely has a fair degree of competency and aptitude.

Forgetting to pay is one thing, missing it completely is another thing entirely.

really? consider the antics i seen on the road back, missing a toll doesnt seem all that bad, in comparison to the lad that tried to overtake 2 trucks and almost ran a woman and her kids into the ditch, 2014 merc sur... but hey he can pay tolls his grand! lol

ill surrender my liecense to the gardai in a while ill confess i did the cardinal sin of not noticing a toll! lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

I always wonder how non-English speakers deal with it. As far as I remember they don't have the signs in Italian.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I always wonder how non-English speakers deal with it. As far as I remember they don't have the signs in Italian.

Just add an 'o' to the end of each word and read it a bit louder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

If a friend asked me to drop them to Dublin Airport from Clare I'd point out that there's a big shiny airport pretty nearby in Shannon!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

really? consider the antics i seen on the road back, missing a toll doesnt seem all that bad, in comparison to the lad that tried to overtake 2 trucks and almost ran a woman and her kids into the ditch, 2014 merc sur... but hey he can pay tolls his grand! lol

ill surrender my liecense to the gardai in a while ill confess i did the cardinal sin of not noticing a toll! lol

That's cos he was stuck behind you for the last 15miles while you did your makeup and texted and missed 5 overtaking opportunities.

I'm sure they'll be delighted to take it off you after reading this thread:)

threeball wrote: »
    That's cos he was stuck behind you for the last 15miles while you did your makeup and texted and missed 5 overtaking opportunities.

I'm sure they'll be delighted to take it off you after reading this thread:)

well considering the previous 15 miles would have been dual carriage way he d be fairly thick ****, lol whats more im not a woman so i dont wear make up, i dunno about yourself tho nancy boy!

Ah i doubt it the gardai are abit more rational than that they d prob just say ah these things happen, and prob ask did i get the reg of the twat overtaking, :)

If a friend asked me to drop them to Dublin Airport from Clare I'd point out that there's a big shiny airport pretty nearby in Shannon!

Ah yeah but those flights cost a fortune i think,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

blackwhite wrote: »
    There's more than a few road signs on the M50 informing drivers about it.

You aren't exactly painting a good light of your observation skills when driving :pac:

those of us who live in Dublin and are used to the m50 would find it obvious, but for people who are driving along at 120k/hr and maybe chatting or not reading road signs, its not that obvious.

can easily see how people miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

The OP was actually looking for Shannon but missed it... Ended up in Dublin.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

those of us who live in Dublin and are used to the m50 would find it obvious, but for people who are driving along at 120k/hr and maybe chatting or not reading road signs, its not that obvious.

can easily see how people miss it.

I thought the fact that there was a barrier free toll on the M50 was quite well known, and I have only passed through it 3 times in about 4 years of driving

Although driving from the Airport my self last week, southbound, I didn't see half as many signs as I did driving northbound from the N4 junction.

Finally, if you are driving at 120 on the M50, and not reading the signs, its not road I want to be sharing with you, weather you are from Dublin or not.

Advertisement