Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does one Miss a toll??

Options
  • 10-10-2014 2:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

i drove to dublin recently from clare I got a letter in the door today from eflow saying i "missed" paying the toll, both up and back, im just courious how does one "miss" a toll and how the **** did i get up an back without payin it ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Were you on the m50?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Did you drive on the M50?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

If you were on the M50, it doesn't have toll booths - you can't pay on the road itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Were you on the m50?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

JillyQ wrote: »
    Were you on the m50?

yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

evo2000 wrote: »
    i drove to dublin recently from clare I got a letter in the door today from eflow saying i "missed" paying the toll, both up and back, im just courious how does one "miss" a toll and how the **** did i get up an back without payin it ???

M50? Its barrierless so could have driven through. Not sure if anywhere else is barrierless

yeah

There is your answer, M50 is tolled.

so your tellin me...i missed a toll, that wasnt even there? mind is blown! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭blackwhite

There's more than a few road signs on the M50 informing drivers about it.

You aren't exactly painting a good light of your observation skills when driving :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Mind usually this easily blown? There are big signs along the M50?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Yeah theres a barrierfree toll near blanch, not sure how you missed all the signs though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's the eflow system, do you not remember passing through a barrier free toll booth on the M50?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

ceegee wrote: »
    Yeah theres a barrierfree toll near blanch, not sure how you missed all the signs though :)

Were you driving your Mums merc?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

It's clearly signposted though

blackwhite wrote: »
    There's more than a few road signs on the M50 informing drivers about it.

You aren't exactly painting a good light of your observation skills when driving :pac:

well to be fair, i started driving from clare at 2am and started drivin back at 6 am so theres a good chance i didnt even notice haha first time drivin to dublin tho.. i always thought a toll ud have to pay on the spot!

What was carrying you all the way from Clare to Dublin op?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

There is a camera at a point on the road the records your license plate. You have to then log on to a webpage after the fact and pay the toll. The idea is to not cause traffic buildups by requiring everyone to stop and pay at a booth. There would have been signposts on the road telling you about this.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What was carrying you all the way from Clare to Dublin op?

had to drop a friend to the airport

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Seriously dude. There are so many signs. SO MANY SIGNS. HOW DOES ONE MISS A TOLL INDEED?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

had to drop a friend to the airport

Did you manage to notice the airport?

MarkR wrote: »

lmao missing that is bad! but in my defence i was concentrating on the cut throat driving in dublin that and the tiredness! haha

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Did you manage to notice the airport?

we did indeed! went to see the spire thing aswell! proper tourists! haha

lmao missing that is bad! but in my defence i was concentrating on the cut throat driving in dublin that and the tiredness! haha

Cutthroat driving on a 3-lane motorway in the middle of the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is just 1 barrierless toll in Ireland afaik, just the one on m50 coming from M6 toward Dub airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Plus you were probably driving an Evo and having far too much fun to notice a few little signs. ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

It's the eflow system, do you not remember passing through a barrier free toll booth on the M50?

There is no toll booth... A camera picks up your reg as you go over the bridge, there's no actual booth.

Still tons of signs though.

• Advertisement

Cutthroat driving on a 3-lane motorway in the middle of the night?

on the way back out of dublin at 6 it was crazy! wouldnt be used to it at all that coupled with not really known where i was goin ! i found it hectic enuff anyway!

Advertisement