Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soll 2014/2015. Please read first post!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Welcome Alex!

I'm afraid the Underground is closed this season! It was across from the SalvenStadl, underneath the Venezia restaurant.

The Sollerstubn is lovely alright, it's right in the Village (near the Postwirt) so just ask someone when you get there. Or you'll get it on TripAdvisor. DorfStubn is also lovely, and PostWirt. Get the schnitzel in the Hausberg halfway down the blue family run. It's amazing, best on the mountain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PCwiggum

Finally got a place to stay - the Agerhof. Any thoughts fanny? I think its a wee bit out of the village but I'm sure we'll stumble home :) Roll on 6th February yee haw!!

PCwiggum wrote: »
    Finally got a place to stay - the Agerhof. Any thoughts fanny? I think its a wee bit out of the village but I'm sure we'll stumble home :) Roll on 6th February yee haw!!

Ooh the Alpenschlossl?! I'm fascinated by that hotel, it has the most STUNNING views!! It gets kinda mixed reviews locally TBH, so I'm really interested to hear your experience. I've also considered using it as an event venue during the summer, so if you could let me know how you find it that'd be great!! It's a bit if a walk from the village so I'd get a taxi tbh. A lot of it is uphill too- feck it you're on your holidays!

Ps I took a photo of it during the summer, I'll see if I can find it ;)

Here ya go! Check me out, I'm a hotel stalker haha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PCwiggum

fannymagee wrote: »
    Ooh the Alpenschlossl?! I'm fascinated by that hotel, it has the most STUNNING views!! It gets kinda mixed reviews locally TBH, so I'm really interested to hear your experience. I've also considered using it as an event venue during the summer, so if you could let me know how you find it that'd be great!! It's a bit if a walk from the village so I'd get a taxi tbh. A lot of it is uphill too- feck it you're on your holidays!

Ps I took a photo of it during the summer, I'll see if I can find it ;)

Thanks fanny, I'll post my review after the trip!:D

• Advertisement

Nice one. You've totally reignited a plan I've been hatching, thanks! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Whats the current conditions update Fanny?? hoping to book something at the end of the month and its a toss up between Ischgl and Soll, I'm leaning towards Soll but others are adamant about Ischgl however if conditions still resemble the snap you put up on New years Day i'm sure i can win the vote :)

Piste conditions are great at the moment SpaceCowboy, off piste not so great, another dump required in order to regain New Year's Day conditions! Soll & Ischgl are two very different resorts, Piste conditions aside, the whole vibe is very different. Are you sure you want to be the guy who convinces them to change?! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Quii

Landing in Soll Saturday week, looking forward to 5 fast Gluweins and spending the first few hours of ski school in a haze from the night before!

whats the craic with schools there? is there more than one? can we book into classes when we land?

Quii wrote: »
    Landing in Soll Saturday week, looking forward to 5 fast Gluweins and spending the first few hours of ski school in a haze from the night before!

whats the craic with schools there? is there more than one? can we book into classes when we land?

Haha yes you can book in when you get there no prob. There's only one (link in first post) so you can book in advance too, same difference. There's a ski shop next door to the SalvenStadll (main pub on the corner- go there when you arrive!) You can get lift pass, ski school and equipment in there between gluhweins ;-) Make sure you use the ski garage under the gondola, not the Stoll. Have a read of the first post, it's all in there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Piste conditions are great at the moment SpaceCowboy, off piste not so great, another dump required in order to regain New Year's Day conditions! Soll & Ischgl are two very different resorts, Piste conditions aside, the whole vibe is very different. Are you sure you want to be the guy who convinces them to change?! ;-)

I'm not sure if I can or not but I'm very much of the mind set that Soll is the way to go! Two of our party of four are well cashed up and only going for four days and are being stubborn with Ischgl, my argument is that i'd easily get a week for the same price in Soll and i'm all about time on the mountain.

I'm not sure if I can or not but I'm very much of the mind set that Soll is the way to go! Two of our party of four are well cashed up and only going for four days and are being stubborn with Ischgl, my argument is that i'd easily get a week for the same price in Soll and i'm all about time on the mountain.

Ah well in that case you're 100% right- that sort of thing drives me mad! There is a HUUGE difference in price, you'll get so much more bang for your buck in Soll, and have a great time. Ditch the flash gits & just go :-)

walshj74 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I've gone ahead and booked with Skischule.

Really appreciate the responses on the forum.

How'd ya get on?! Hope all went well :-)

Kids avalanche course. Cuteness :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Thats awesome :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Saw that from the chair lift above the other week. Good to see.

Jaysis just heard there's 10 million to be invested in Soll snow-making & lift infrastructure for 2016. I'm not sure how I feel about all this change! Fingers crossed for a few heated seats ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Inconspicuous

Jaysis just heard there's 10 million to be invested in Soll snow-making & lift infrastructure for 2016. I'm not sure how I feel about all this change! Fingers crossed for a few heated seats ;-)

Pretty sweet!! That'll keep me coming back anyway!! Not that I need any encouragement!

8 million for a 6 seater Salvenmoos?! Jaaysis! :-)

Where's that new/replacement lift they put in this year? It sucks for snowboarders. The bar where you'd normally put your board/skis seems to of been designed purely with skiers in mind.

• Advertisement

Where's that new/replacement lift they put in this year? It sucks for snowboarders. The bar where you'd normally put your board/skis seems to of been designed purely with skiers in mind.

Do you mean Almbahn, the new 8 man?

Do you mean Almbahn, the new 8 man?

I think that could be it.

What's difference in bars? My perception suffers from skier bias lol ;-)

What's difference in bars? My perception suffers from skier bias lol ;-)

Normal lift you close the gate and the bars are between the occupants. On that 8 man the bars drop between the legs which suits a skier as they simply put one foot on each side. Hard to describe without sounding nuts.

Traditional lift
    http://static1.bergfex.at/images/downsized/7b/cf2ea87ae8fb7d7b_872c7b50ca8728f0.jpg

This might even be it
    http://www.skiresort.info/typo3temp/pics/8cc4547620.jpg

Oh now I know what you mean!! Haha that's true- I can't imagine it's comfortable! OK hold on, because I'm a weirdo I think I might actually have a photo of Almbahn- this is what happens when you're hooked up with a lift saddo hahaaha... Standby...

Aaand.. RESULT!! Two photos, and I see what you mean! ;)

lol you have photos

Haaaa!! I know. Scarleh for me ma for havin me. But come on... NEW LIFT!! Exciting times lol :-)

Today:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bajj

Hey Fannymagee, thanks for the pictures, looks like things are holding up well? We're heading out to Soll tomorrow, staying in the Bergland, looking forward to it. Just a quick question, how are the vally runs holding up and can you still ski down the nursery slop to the ski centre still across the road from the Bergland? Thanks
    BAJJ

• Advertisement

bajj wrote: »
    Hey Fannymagee, thanks for the pictures, looks like things are holding up well? We're heading out to Soll tomorrow, staying in the Bergland, looking forward to it. Just a quick question, how are the vally runs holding up and can you still ski down the nursery slop to the ski centre still across the road from the Bergland? Thanks
    BAJJ

Yes absolutely!! All in good nick, no worries at all. Looking forward to hearing how you get on! :-)

Advertisement