Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soll 2014/2015. Please read first post!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Lifts are open, but it's bleak. Bring your ice-skates ;-)

Temps supposed to drop tonight so FINGERS CROSSED a bit more snow can be made- prob won't last long but every little helps! Will be interesting to see how many show up for ski school in the morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Booked the usual spot last week in Westendorf for the end of Feb. All I can do now is hope the conditions are ok. Plenty of time, so I'm not panicking (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 walshj74

Hi,

I'm trying to book a couple of hours lessons for myself and my adult son on Friday 9th January.
    We are both beginner to intermediate.

Skischule gave me the following quote, which is a little over our budget:
    2 hours/2 persons: € 176

Anybody know of any alternatives? I was thinking more of about 100Euro, but perhaps i'm being unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

You should be able to book a full day for 200 and an additional 25 per person

• Advertisement

There is only one ski school in Soll, and it's closed on Fridays so it's a good day for private lessons, nice quiet slopes :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

fannymagee wrote: »
    There is only one ski school in Soll, and it's closed on Fridays so it's a good day for private lessons, nice quiet slopes :-)

Are you sure? I thought there was 2. Blue jackets and I think the reds are there too no?

Not any more! It's all blue & yellow now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 walshj74

Thanks guys. I've gone ahead and booked with Skischule.

Really appreciate the responses on the forum.

Looks like temps are set to drop from Thursday- kep the snow dances going!! :-) xxx

• Advertisement

And we have SCHNEEEE!!! Thank you Santa :-) xxx

Grundlalm/Umbrella bar right now:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SUPing

Now that the snow is falling and looks like it will be coming down for yhe next few days. When will they open all the lifts/runs?

Heading to Soll first week of Jan hoping the snow keeps coming and it stays nice and cold.

SUPing wrote: »
    Now that the snow is falling and looks like it will be coming down for yhe next few days. When will they open all the lifts/runs?

Heading to Soll first week of Jan hoping the snow keeps coming and it stays nice and cold.

It's looking good SUPing! Now that the temps have dropped, every cannon on the mountain is running at full blast so two days of this and it'll be a whole new ball game- YAAY!! :-)

Lifts fully open tomorrow, we have lift-off :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

wahoo!

Christ I'm all excited again now!!! was begining to lose faith there for a while!

Just a reminder for fans of the Underground- it's closed this season, but Dave has set up shop in The Mill (beside the Whisky Muhle). Crocodile game still optional ;)

It's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

Just a reminder for fans of the Underground- it's closed this season, but Dave has set up shop in The Mill (beside the Whisky Muhle). Crocodile game still optional ;)

I was in Sol twice with friends both times and frequented a lot of bars and I never knew the Underground bar existed! Got chatting to people on the morning we were leaving the last time and they were raving about it. I'll have to go a third time!

The Mill is far better than it used to be. I didn't know it was done up.

• Advertisement

Yes, and apparently the fish & chips he's doing are very nice too. SalvenStadl will always be my bar of choice though, it's just too much fun ;)

This is what you wanted last week.

This is what you wanted last week.

Haha yes, just a slight delay!

The good thing is that it arrived on time for the start of the season proper. This is when it all kicks off! And although people like to slate Soll/Skiwelt for using cannons, this is when it really comes into its own- the entire resort can be turned around practically overnight once the temp drops. Yahoo!! Hope you're enjoying!! :-)

Photo from this morning: All Soll & Skiwelt runs & links open now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭prunudo

Some difference a week makes. It was looking awfully gloomy last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Doesn't that just look lovely ? Positively gladdens the heart. Now just stay like that till 21st February. Please :)

Preparation for tonight's candlelit ski-parade :)

Ah yes, just thinking back on all that stirring up of collective panic last week- I hope nobody on here cancelled anything! :-)

Happy New Year everyone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 alexd05

Hi Fanny, just registered for boards there after seeing this thread. Heading over on jan 31 it will be my 5th trip to soll! About twenty of us heading ! I just wanted to ask a few things, where's this underground bar ? Have never ever come across it!! Haha, and also a resteraunt called , I think, the sollerstubn or something like that? If anyone has any good routes worked out would love to hear also or even great mountain bars/huts etc that are a must?Always nice to do a few new runs , thanks guys!!

Advertisement