Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soll 2014/2015. Please read first post!!

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

lbj666 wrote: »
    Out of curiousity fanny, how much could they rent out skis for a season. I would have thought it would be prohibitively expensive and better off getting your own.

I really don't know, they'll have to go in and ask but either way they'll be in the right shop to get sorted ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Donie75

Hi folks,
    I was in Soll three times before but always on packages trips. For the last few years I have arranged a 4 day ski trip for 10-12. We've done Mayrhofen and Kirchberg and we are looking at Soll this year. A good few of our group have been to Soll so they know the area.
    I have sent off loads of emails to hotels and got an offer back from Hotel Austria. Does anyone know anything about this hotel. It doesn't get great reviews on Tripadvisor.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭istaunton

Donie75 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I was in Soll three times before but always on packages trips. For the last few years I have arranged a 4 day ski trip for 10-12. We've done Mayrhofen and Kirchberg and we are looking at Soll this year. A good few of our group have been to Soll so they know the area.
    I have sent off loads of emails to hotels and got an offer back from Hotel Austria. Does anyone know anything about this hotel. It doesn't get great reviews on Tripadvisor.
    Thanks!

2 Lads from our group stayed there last year on a half board basis. They seemed pretty happy with it for the week. Even ate there 5 out of the 7 nights. I've also had a few beers in the bar which is nice and its connected to Pub Austria which is a bit old but still a fine bar. I think they said the rooms were ok but like on most ski holidays they were only there to put the heads down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I am determined to get over to Soll this coming season, i have been pushing my friends to go over for ages and we've always ended up elsewhere! Will probably aim for a late trip next March though as it's Whistler and Baker Mountain for me this Christmas :)

Donie75 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Thanks!

Yeah it's central, has a bar that shows the rugby, does exactly what it says on the tin- go for it! :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

When are you off to Soll? :)

stevire wrote: »
    When are you off to Soll? :)

Welllll, this year's gonna be a bit different...!

Remember when I joked about setting up a ski wedding business?! Well I've only gone and done it! Fannymagee is now a wedding (and funeral) celebrant, and I've a few bookings in already for this winter- which will cut back on my skiing time considerably..!

But on the upside, it's going really well and I LOVE it all, so if anyone fancies a ski-slope wedding, hit me up!! I'll be able to legally solemnise from July 2016 too, so am planning to be well sorted for season 2016/17.

So buckle up, pretty little Austrian ski slope churches- HERE I COME!! :-)

fannymagee wrote: »
    Welllll, this year's gonna be a bit different...!

Remember when I joked about setting up a ski wedding business?! Well I've only gone and done it! Fannymagee is now a wedding (and funeral) celebrant, and I've a few bookings in already for this winter- which will cut back on my skiing time considerably..!

But on the upside, it's going really well and I LOVE it all, so if anyone fancies a ski-slope wedding, hit me up!! I'll be able to legally solemnise from July 2016 too, so am planning to be well sorted for season 2016/17.

So buckle up, pretty little Austrian ski slope churches- HERE I COME!! :-)

That's a great idea! Well done, and hope it takes off. It's a good niche and something unique, fair play for finding something that keeps you near the snowy peaks

stevire wrote: »
    That's a great idea! Well done, and hope it takes off. It's a good niche and something unique, fair play for finding something that keeps you near the snowy peaks

Thanks! I think in reality the reverse might happen because there is a huge demand for legal Solemnisers over here at the moment- and that's before the Equality weddings have come on stream! So I'll be fitting my skiing in between my weddings, but I'm not complaining!! Happy days :-)

• Advertisement

YEEAAOWW!! Haven't been on here much at all lately but just popped by for a nosey- and realised I never told yiz I was on Tubridy last week, talking about DEATTHHH, of all things... Did anyone hear it? Don't think I mentioned schnee though... Should've introduced myself as Fannymagee 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

YEEAAOWW!! Haven't been on here much at all lately but just popped by for a nosey- and realised I never told yiz I was on Tubridy last week, talking about DEATTHHH, of all things... Did anyone hear it? Don't think I mentioned schnee though... Should've introduced myself as Fannymagee 😂😂

What day !?

sheesh wrote: »
    What day !?

Tuesday 22nd- Podcast is here, skip to 0.51 :)

http://cdn.rasset.ie/manifest/audio/2015/0925/20150925_rteradio1-ryantubridy-bestofthew_c20852466_20852469_261_drm_/manifest.m3u8

Ooh link won't post properly- it's on the site. I'm the funeral celebrant. (Feels very odd confessing that here..!!) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Tuesday 22nd- Podcast is here, skip to 0.51 :)

http://cdn.rasset.ie/manifest/audio/2015/0925/20150925_rteradio1-ryantubridy-bestofthew_c20852466_20852469_261_drm_/manifest.m3u8

Ooh link won't post properly- it's on the site. I'm the funeral celebrant. (Feels very odd confessing that here..!!) :-)

I found it afterwards. the Radio you is quiet similar to boardsie you. you came across very well.

unfortunately you have now just doxxed yourself

Party in fanniemagees's house! Yeah!

Haha yeah, jaysis I hope I don't regret that- I'm having second thoughts already..!! ;)

Skiwelt season tickets on sale today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Quii

time for a 2015/2016 thread yet? gonna book flights in the next few weeks, on the hunt for accom now! bigger gang headed out this year, looking forward to that umbrella bar :)

BREAKING NEWS: Snow at the Middlestation, whoop!! :-)

Pics immediately!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

When's the launch of the 2015/2016 Soll thread, Fanny? This one's getting a bit frayed around the edges, needs a lick of paint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Have booked Soll for New Years can't wait. As a relative newbie can anyone tell me what is best travel. We are flying into Munich, would I be best getting train or taxi (there is 10 adults in total).
    Also would we be best booking ski gear before we go with a local Soll Shop (as New Yrs might be busy)???

JEmily wrote: »
    Have booked Soll for New Years can't wait. As a relative newbie can anyone tell me what is best travel. We are flying into Munich, would I be best getting train or taxi (there is 10 adults in total).
    Also would we be best booking ski gear before we go with a local Soll Shop (as New Yrs might be busy)???

For 10 people you'd prob be as well booking taxis with fourseasons.de, and you'll have no prob getting gear when you get there, but no harm booking in advance as you say, Snow and Fun or Edinger are the best depots to rent from, you'll get the websites on google or the first post on this thread. new Years is AMAZING!! You'll love it :-) xxx

cormee wrote: »
    When's the launch of the 2015/2016 Soll thread, Fanny? This one's getting a bit frayed around the edges, needs a lick of paint

Your wish is my command! Done ;-)

For 10 people you'd prob be as well booking taxis with fourseasons.de, and you'll have no prob getting gear when you get there, but no harm booking in advance as you say, Snow and Fun or Edinger are the best depots to rent from, you'll get the websites on google or the first post on this thread. new Years is AMAZING!! You'll love it :-) xxx
    Thanks very much for your advice. Yep can't wait

Skiwelt season tickets on sale today! :)

Sorry does this mean you can buy ski pass in advance and is it much cheaper now than when we arrive end of December?

OK folks gonna answer these questions/post pics in the new thread, This one is tired and old ;-)

Advertisement