Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soll 2014/2015. Please read first post!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Ah lads, all that info is in the FIRST POST! Incl link to lift pass info & equipment rental.

TL;DR get everything at the Gondel station.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭istaunton

Hi Fanny

Is it time to start worrying about the lack of snow yet?
    Consideirng thigs are suppose to kick off in 9 days that isnt looking too likely :(

Cheers

Have you booked to go to Soll in 9 days lstaunton?! Or do you just mean the lifts opening?

I really wouldn't consider this a lack of snow- this is perfectly normal weather for November! Snow generally isn't expected till mid-December, the snow cannons will get the base layer down as soon as the temperature drops enough, and then the snow will take over. Don't worry, all is unfolding exactly as it should :-)

fannymagee wrote: »
    Have you booked to go to Soll in 9 days lstaunton?! Or do you just mean the lifts opening?
    Wont be over till the end of Jan. Just excited about the prospects and was a dissapointed when i looked at the webcams

• Advertisement

Ah no don't worry, it's WAAY to early to expect snow (in fact, there'd prob be a bit of panic if it started now haha). The season doesn't start in earnest until Christmas (although my favourite weeks are the 2 weeks of empty slopes in the lead-up). End if Jan is a good reliable time to go for good snow, it will all be white soon enough :-) xx

Cheers Fanny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Any sign of a bit of 'ould snow there, Fannettre?

cormee wrote: »
    Any sign of a bit of 'ould snow there, Fannettre?

It's getting colder, snow machines due to go on next week once the temperature drops that bit further. It's all good! :)

• Advertisement

Snow cannons on the slopes, ready to go. The countdown is on :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I have a month to wait but excitement is rising!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Snow cannons on the slopes, ready to go. The countdown is on :-)

When does the season start? So jealous! I'm not leaving for 48 days, but we've confirmed our second trip already for mid March - I really really. really, REALLY, would not be able to face a 11.75 month wait between trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

cormee wrote: »
    When does the season start? .

Ski Welt announced today that despite 100% snow cannon coverage, they are delaying the season opening for at least a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

100% on the webcam it looks like 0% and I'm going at the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

100% on the webcam it looks like 0% and I'm going at the end of the month.

It can all change overnight... At least it's less likely we'll have the unstable snowpack like last year when a big dump came early and nothing for ages after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

stevire wrote: »
    It can all change overnight... At least it's less likely we'll have the unstable snowpack like last year when a big dump came early and nothing for ages after.

I wouldn't count on it! The unstable snowpack could still be a reality due to the warm ground temps in the alps, the perfect conditions for depth hors.

Well it certainly won't be changing in certain areas for at least a week! Sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

How are current conditions Fanny??

from reports online there isn't much snow anywhere except up on the glaciers! :(

Was hoping to jump on a last minute deal for about the 19th but nothing looks good atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

*runs into thread

*high pitched girly scream* ITS SNOWING IN SOLL!!!!!!!

sheesh wrote: »
    *runs into thread

*high pitched girly scream* ITS SNOWING IN SOLL!!!!!!!

Haha you beat me to it Sheesh!! Snowing right now folks :) xxx

• Advertisement

AAAND we're in business :-)

AAAND we're in business :-)

Is that Scheffau?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 walshj74

Hi Fanny, thanks for all the useful information.
    I'm planning a trip to Soll for 8-12 Jan, with my adult son. This is our first time on a skiing trip.
    We have booked flights to Munich and now I am trying to book accomodation in or around Soll.

We were quoted 300E (total for both of us) for 4 nights in Pension Kaufmann, Stampfanger 11.
    Is this pension located in a handy spot for skiing and the village?
    Or should I try the Mirabell or Schonblick which I saw mentioned in earlier posts?

Is that Scheffau?

Yes Scheffau & Ellmau, here is Soll :)

walshj74 wrote: »
    Hi Fanny, thanks for all the useful information.
    I'm planning a trip to Soll for 8-12 Jan, with my adult son. This is our first time on a skiing trip.
    We have booked flights to Munich and now I am trying to book accomodation in or around Soll.

We were quoted 300E (total for both of us) for 4 nights in Pension Kaufmann, Stampfanger 11.
    Is this pension located in a handy spot for skiing and the village?
    Or should I try the Mirabell or Schonblick which I saw mentioned in earlier posts?

Sorry I wrote a reply to this over the weekend but it looks like it didn't post, feck! Anyway the Kaufmann is right by the nursery slopes & gondola so you're in a great location for the mornings, just a bit of a crawl from the village in the evenings haha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Quii

dorfstubn

booked into dorfstubn for a week from jan 17th! any info on distance to nursery slopes & gondola? seems to be fairly central

Dorfstubn is very central, and lovely restaurant!! :-)

Fanny a mate is looking for a single room on the 27th or 28th of this month. Any ideas? Thus far she hasn't found anything that is affordable.

Has she tried Dorf 22, or emailing the Tourist Board?

http://www.dorf22.com/
    soell@wilderkaiser.info

• Advertisement

Thanks. Have passed details to her.

Advertisement