Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FI CHARTS AUTUMN/WINTER 2014/15 **Mod Note Post #1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Not much wrong with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭rickdangerouss

Snowc wrote: »
    Some lovely charts tonight for December let's hope the continue
    pad199207 wrote: »
    Horrible charts now for Coldies. Atlantic looks set to power up and dominate into December.

What a difference a day makes in runs. Its all FI anyway, so it will be all grand in the end. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

If 12z's are completely diff to the 06z's again today, then there is something seriously wrong with the models! Strat warming playing havoc!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

pad199207 wrote: »
    If 12z's are completely diff to the 06z's again today, then there is something seriously wrong with the models! Strat warming playing havoc!

It's early days. I think that most are expecting any potential strat influenced cold weather not to appear until mid-late December or January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

A quick glance at the models tonight shows that there's still no end in sight to the stalemate between the high to the East and the Atlantic to the west, a quiet and uneventful end to an extremely uneventful Autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

The fog was an event. Not often we get 24hours of thick fog.

This is set to deepen tp 960ish as it passes our south. Only a measly 330hours away. Practically guaranteed

14120718_2406.gif

f9xwNas.png
    FbgQJN6.png

VtRIt3t.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Seems the long term forecasts that predicted low temps in mid November were wrong;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The first proper pub run of the season and it's a belter , the OH is due December 9th but I could happily deal with both situations 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is it wrong to get excited about this?! It's probably gone in this mornings run is it? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

leahyl wrote: »
    Is it wrong to get excited about this?! It's probably gone in this mornings run is it? :(
    You might as well get excited about 25c on Xmas Day and a picnic at the beach cos thats more likely to happen !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Yep its gone on the morning run...we now have a northerly instead:cool:

Yes, it's wrong. :P Every cold spell does start off it FI, but most FI cold spells don't come to pass.

It's gone on this morning's run. Will something similar pop up again on a future run? Maybe. :) FI is always just for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

It's gone on this morning's run. Will something similar pop up again on a future run? Maybe. :) FI is always just for fun.

With a bit of digging :cool: ;)
    329520.png

329519.png

Plz plz plz!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭odyboody

Unfortunately its all in FI.
    If only we lived in FI land we would have had an epic winter last year, and most years.
    Every year its the same stupid reality has to poke their nose in and ruin the fun.

odyboody wrote: »
    If only we lived in FI land we would have had an epic winter last year, and most years.
    Every year its the same stupid reality has to poke their nose in and ruin the fun.

90% of the time we , well me at least just look at FI charts for the fun of it ... It's like buying a lotto ticket , enjoying it for the daydreaming you get just by having a ticket .

Out of all the things in FI , something has to come to fruition , it's when trends begin and charts become within range Day7 then we should look at them seriously.

As the saying goes in the FI thread , enjoy the roller coaster ! :)

odyboody wrote: »

Maybe my memory is failing me but I can't remember any good FI charts last winter at all, it seemed to be relentless Atlantic lows non-stop for months from what I recall. We did have a few infamous failed easterlies the winter before that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

Just wondering with regards to the GFS, wether I should be watching the Operational run or the new Parallel run?

konman wrote: »
    Just wondering with regards to the GFS, wether I should be watching the Operational run or the new Parallel run?

No harm to keep an eye on both, but the parallel will be taking over in a couple of weeks, it should be the better of the two really.

• Advertisement

I like the ridging going up through Svalbard on the GFS (P) , i know this run in particular doesnt lead to anything mouth watering heading our way , but alot of nice possibilities could occur from it.

EDIT : Keep an eye on the 12z GFS ensembles , looks like some could be nice considering the Svalbard ridging :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

No harm to keep an eye on both, but the parallel will be taking over in a couple of weeks, it should be the better of the two really.

Yep the parallel run seems to be doing great! Been watching it quite closely over the last few days and it does seem that any trends which it picks up at around the 7-8 day mark, the op run and then ensembles take a day or two more to pick up on.

Iancar29 wrote: »
    I like the ridging going up through Svalbard on the GFS (P) , i know this run in particular doesnt lead to anything mouth watering heading our way , but alot of nice possibilities could occur from it.

EDIT : Keep an eye on the 12z GFS ensembles , looks like some could be nice considering the Svalbard ridging :)

If only everything was shifted west a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭rickdangerouss

If only everything was shifted west a bit.

Yea, we could be in for a white christmas, :)

meme-gc-cm-dashingno.jpg

Oh wait, its all FI and the last two years has hurt allot, so..

fa141f839856349911340a80db811ca3.jpg

Could this happen by Tuesday. It just MIGHT. Hasn't changed that much the last 2 days.

Could this happen by Tuesday. It just MIGHT. Hasn't changed that much the last 2 days.

I'm afraid there's not much to get excited about on that chart.

gfs-0-150.png?6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

you know winter is here when a big Azores builds.

This would be a battleground northerly for low level snow in the north.

329778.png

Lets see what the 12z says :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Iancar29 wrote: »
    This would be a battleground northerly for low level snow in the north.

329778.png

Lets see what the 12z says :)

Booking the holidays for South Kerry on the 10th of December. There's a heatwave on the way!

• Advertisement

Almost...

gfsnh-0-360.png?12

Advertisement