Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FI CHARTS AUTUMN/WINTER 2014/15 **Mod Note Post #1**

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Nabber wrote: »
    Looks like an end to the dry weather

15022518_1106.gif

I'm guessing that's a dynamic image because it's showing high pressure and and dry weather over Ireland now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I'm guessing that's a dynamic image because it's showing high pressure and and dry weather over Ireland now. :pac:

Even worse. I copied the wrong image 😆

Lets try again,
    15021306_1112.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Full blown zonal on the way looking at the fax charts - PPVJ89.png

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

only a short zonal spell on the cards, i was certain we were going to be stuck with a week or 2 of stormy conditions, not so and the the next high pressure next week is not a cold high like we've just had. but i would expect this time we get movement north and one final blast of winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

as expected the 18z churns out the usual nonsense.

gfs-0-312.png?18

see what I mean, guess which one will be correct?

gfs-0-300.png?6

• Advertisement

ECM looking windy next Monday.

ECU1-144_ipe1.GIF

GFS looking stormy for the northwest.

132-289UK_eka0.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

ECM looking windy next Monday.

ECU1-144_ipe1.GIF

Looks like a big face 2 eyes and a mouth :eek:

10983400_10152700588310878_6235676451905831793_n.jpg?oh=4d86bfd6698b82a86ecfc19c430b6757&oe=555BA4F6&__gda__=1435005065_02bbd890411825f6536337fcb3b68694

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Very strong Jetstream and Polar Vortex for the time of year. All that cold air will hit us some time this Spring. Hopefully this side of Easter so that we can get some warmth going by May

i'd be more concerned with the system that comes in on wednesday\Thursday next week. looks worse for Northern Ireland and Scotland. at least with this stormy weather in mid to late feb it could herald the start of an early spring as we head into March.

18Z GFS for next Monday looks stormy and maybe snowy for the West.

102-289UK_vck7.GIF
    114-574UK_ltd8.GIF

• Advertisement

the unsettled pattern is locked in for the next 7 days or so but it does look like these systems spawned off the east coast of the U.S will not be as frequent as it calms down over there. The 552dam line is making a concerted effort to persist over our latitudes as March begins, present indications point to a rapid increase in temperature and the arrival of spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

GFS really winding things up for Sunday night but given that so far it's really on it's own with this it seems unlikely for the moment.

gfs-0-108.png?12

So we're almost at the end of a 10 day unsettled spell, my opinions for early March havent changed since last week's comments and even if there is still a bit of amplification going on we are still going to be on the favorable settled side of this amplification and of course we still have to get through Sun\Mon bad weather. So in short after mid-week we get spring arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

typhoony wrote: »
    So we're almost at the end of a 10 day unsettled spell, my opinions for early March havent changed since last week's comments and even if there is still a bit of amplification going on we are still going to be on the favorable settled side of this amplification and of course we still have to get through Sun\Mon bad weather. So in short after mid-week we get spring arriving.
    Spring? I wouldn't be too sure? The charts lately are beginning to have a 2013 look about them. We'll have to wait and see.

ECM1-240.GIF?25-0

There's always one....

gens-10-1-114_tys5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It was nice knowing ya Maq:eek:

Severe enough on the 18Z GFS operational.

150+ kmh gusts and deepening as it crosses the country at peak strength.

102-21UK_ngh8.GIF
    102-289UK_fkk1.GIF

Sustained winds in the 120-130 km/h range on the coast.

102-602UK_syi2.GIF

Strictly FI stuff though as the latest ECM doesn't show this intense solution at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

A large pinch of salt must be taken for the moment. It is important another model comes on board before attaching credibility right now.

The strong Sunday night/Monday morning low that the GFS was showing yesterday has now been dropped. Another win for the ECM, quelle surprise, but it's all part of the fun of FI land.

The settled theme is pretty much nailed on to start on Thursday and lasting well beyond the weekend, in fact we have what's called a Bartlett High in situ by the weekend a term used mainly during winter to describe a particular patern that is hard to shift and all we have to worry about are the troublesome areas exposed to sea breezes. Initially the South and west coast will suffer but meanwhile inland and eastern areas getting the highest temperatures, then as the High meanders around the east coast could be set for a spell of cold on-shore winds as we go into next week as we get a continental drift

• Advertisement

it would feel almost summerlike with these temps...

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn10817.gif

Advertisement