Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three convicted murderers working in Belfast shopping center.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

Hopefully they sue the hardware store for unfair dismissal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

that kinda reinforces my point.

assuming they can get a job as easily in Fermannagh as they can in Belfast. like i said, a person still has to eat.

You must be hiding.

Head off elsewhere, oh it's inconvienient for you is it? Well you did kill someone remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Laois6556 wrote: »
    You must be hiding.

Head off elsewhere, oh it's inconvienient for you is it? Well you did kill someone remember?

What are you trying to say? please be coherent. :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

Its very possible that they go further away, however its equally as possible that they become more visible to the families. Don't forget, it wasn't the families that complained about having to see these guys every day, its very possible the families had no clue where they were at all. That situation could have remained, but instead we now have a non-zero chance that the murderers will end up closer to the families involved. I'm not convinced the staus-quo wasn't a better choice.

Would I like to know? Probably, yes, though I don't believe the knowledge would actually affect my life in any way. But thats a different question to whether I think they should automatically be sacked once I become aware of the fact they are convicted murderers. As I said previously, you can meet/pass by thousands upon thousands of convicted criminals in your lifetime and probably don't even know it.
    That's why I said it only time will tell if it's better for the families, I never it was guaranteed, you said it was more likely that they'd re offend or move closer.
    Well we can only wait and see what the next move is, hopefully it benefits the family. I wouldn't want them sacked either, but this case is a bit more complicated because they company only hired them because they were unaware that they were murders, somehow. Either that or they're lying to save face. It was stupid the 3 of them going there anyway, it was always going to create attention.

What are you trying to say? please be coherent. :confused::confused:

The killers should have to head off elsewhere to find work, it might be inconvienient for them but they kinda put themselves in that position.

• Advertisement

The killers should have to head off elsewhere to find work, it might be inconvienient for them but they kinda put themselves in that position.

They did, but what do you think is going to happen when they do find work? they're just going to be hounded out of it again in a cycle that benefits absolutely nobody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

So why did you say that I want them hounded out of their jobs over earning a living.

Because you said you would prefer being "happy for newspapers to harass them, 'out' them, and make it much less likely that they can get any kind of employment" to them going to "try and get some kind of job and leave some kind of normal life". This is really very simple stuff.

They did, but what do you think is going to happen when they do find work? they're just going to be hounded out of it again in a cycle that benefits absolutely nobody.

It wont benefit the murderers but it wont have much an impact on everyone else.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Because you said you would prefer being "happy for newspapers to harass them, 'out' them, and make it much less likely that they can get any kind of employment" to them going to "try and get some kind of job and leave some kind of normal life". This is really very simple stuff.

Why leave out the rest of my post? Is it because it explains that you were wrong and you lied?
    And a mod has already given a warning about going on about this.

It wont benefit the murderers but it wont have much an impact on everyone else.

like I said before, if they can't land a steady job, they'll end up on the dole, That's a negative impact on everyone.

• Advertisement

like I said before, if they can't land a steady job, they'll end up on the dole, That's a negative impact on everyone.

Honestly that's not a huge burden on everyone else. It kind of leads back to the punishment though, if it was appropriate punishment then there wouldn't be an issue over where they work or if they go on the dole, but that's for another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Why leave out the rest of my post? Is it because it explains that you were wrong and you lied?
    And a mod has already given a warning about going on about this.

You were leaving given two options, and you chose one. What other alternative would you have taken to "getting jobs and going about their lives" or "being hounded out of work by newspapers and making it much less likely they can find future employment"? Would it have been the dole? Would it have been not them getting hounded out of ever having a chance at a job without the option of the dole?

Kersplat asked to stop this "you are lying/no you are" talk, yet you continue with it. Now grow up, take a stance and try sticking to it.

Actually don't bother, I'm not going to say you are a troll but I am going to say I find it very difficult at this point to believe you are not simply in a wind up, so I'm just going to pop you on ignore.

Billy86 wrote: »
    You were leaving given two options, and you chose one. What other alternative would you have taken to "getting jobs and going about their lives" or "being hounded out of work by newspapers and making it much less likely they can find future employment"? Would it have been the dole? Would it have been not them getting hounded out of ever having a chance at a job without the option of the dole?

Kersplat asked to stop this "you are lying/no you are" talk, yet you continue with it. Now grow up, take a stance and try sticking to it.

Actually don't bother, I'm not going to say you are a troll but I am going to say I find it very difficult at this point to believe you are not simply in a wind up, so I'm just going to pop you on ignore.

I pointed out the other alternative and the one that I think should happen in the previous few pages. You ignored that though cause it shows you were caught out lying.
    I think it's for the best that you don't embarrass yourself further and put me on ignore, especially for everyone else who's had to read through this muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Hopefully they sue the hardware store for unfair dismissal

And hopefully they'll lose their cases if they do

Beating an elderly man to death because he wouldn't give him a cigarette

Beating a man to death because they thought he was a Catholic

Beating a woman to death in a crime which also had a sexual aspect to it

Unfair dismissal my arse, since when are murderers a protected class in society?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

what if it were breifne o brien that was cutting your keys? how would you feel?

Honestly that's not a huge burden on everyone else. It kind of leads back to the punishment though, if it was appropriate punishment then there wouldn't be an issue over where they work or if they go on the dole, but that's for another day.

I guess we'll leave it there. we'll only end up going in circles otherwise! It'll be interesting to see if there's any fall out from this regarding sentencing and treatment of prisoners, as well as right to privacy. probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭whats newxt

Demonique wrote: »

Unfair dismissal my arse, since when are murderers a protected class in society?

We are beasts don't forget that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Recondite49

Since they did their time and served their debt to society? That means they should have the same right to work as anyone else. Stop me if I'm getting too technical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Since they did their time and served their debt to society? That means they should have the same right to work as anyone else. Stop me if I'm getting too technical.

Murderers ARE NOT a protected class in society

Why the **** do you have sympathy for sexual murderers?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Makes you sick when there are some that actually want these fools to be protected and even the sh1t legal sytem and its over payed solicitors and barristers.

Who would in their right mind want to defend these scum bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Who is defending them?

They have served their time, they are free and SHOULD be able to get jobs and actually contribute to society.

If not you just have a permanent underclass who will be claiming the dole for the rest of their days, what is the point in that? Doesn't make any sense and ultimately will just lead to more crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I for one would not want to work with any animal like those.

I would not like to have any dealings as a potential customer to anywhere they are working either.

Contribute to society... they should be made work and pay back what it cost to house them in prison and also should be made pay money into a fund for people's lives they destroyed.

I would not like to have any dealings as a potential customer to anywhere they are working either.

Contribute to society... they should be made work and pay back what it cost to house them in prison and also should be made pay money into a fund for people's lives they destroyed.
    So you basically want them as slaves... right, gotcha!

That worked out so well before, eh?

Why the **** do you have sympathy for sexual murderers?

You remember that bit where I said about their having paid their debt to society? Stop me if I'm getting too technical. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭irishdude11

Holsten wrote: »
    Who is defending them?

They have served their time, they are free and SHOULD be able to get jobs and actually contribute to society.

If not you just have a permanent underclass who will be claiming the dole for the rest of their days, what is the point in that? Doesn't make any sense and ultimately will just lead to more crime.
    You remember that bit where I said about their having paid their debt to society? Stop me if I'm getting too technical. :-D

Repaid their debt to society my hole...soft sentencing in this country is the only reason they are at large. In other places they would be locked up for life or executed for their crimes.

If it was your brother that they beat to death because he didn't give them a cigarette would you think they had repaid their debt to society?

If it was your mother they had sexually assaulted and beat to death would you think they had served their time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

They have not and probably cant repay their debt to society. Thats not the same thing as forcing the taxpayer to foot the bill again for them not to re-offend.

If it was your brother that they beat to death because he didn't give them a cigarette would you think they had repaid their debt to society?

If it was your mother they had sexually assaulted and beat to death would you think they had served their time?
    No of course not, and this is why victims do not do the sentencing.

Can you see why?

The fact here is they HAVE served their time, that's it. Done. Dusted. Move on and figure out if you want a sub class of people walking around the streets not allowed to work and drawing benefits for the rest of their lives vs them contributing to society. One makes much more sense than the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Repaid their debt to society my hole...soft sentencing in this country is the only reason they are at large. In other places they would be locked up for life or executed for their crimes.
    Which country are you on about exactly?

Have you even read the article?

Do you even know what you're debating?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You wouldn't want to work with them and are glad they lost their jobs, but you still want them to work somehow and repay their debt?

Your ramblings are inconsistent to say the least.

• Advertisement

If it was my mother or brother I would hope they get the guy and they'd serve their debt to society. Punishing them twice by taking away their livelihood is not just unfair and hypocritical ; it increases the likelihood of them reoffending.

Advertisement