Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howto unlock your Eircom F1000

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭McSim

ianx wrote: »
    Hi The tonycool.es/zyxel/zynpass_en.htm url is no longer working is there anywhere else to generate the code for getting into the extra commands?

There is a command line tool for this:
    https://iam.tj/gitweb/?p=cfe_generate_password.git;a=summary

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FearDamhan

Hi folks. I'm trying to achieve this. I am using the cfe generator and tried using the mac address and the seed from the command line of the unit. Both give different passwords. When I put them in (note I had to remove what looks like a space before the password in the examples in dermots doc) I get 'OK command status=0' etc, but the extended commands re not available to me

What am I doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Dermot McDonnell

It is no longer necessary to unlock your F1000 to install the latest firmware (v19 - dated 24/10/17). You can get the v19 firmware, with the Eircom header installed, here. Note it will most likely clear your F1000 configuration, it did on mine, and you will have to manually reconfigure your F1000 using an ethernet cable.

If you have already unlocked your F1000, you can get the latest firmware, v19, directly from the manufacturer, ZyXel.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

If you have already unlocked your F1000, you can get the latest firmware, v19, directly from the manufacturer, ZyXel.[/QUOTE]

I installed v19 last week and had to factory reset as the router wouldn't load after the install, wasn't too much hassle except I had to re-enter the settings for bridge mode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Conar

It is no longer necessary to unlock your F1000 to install the latest firmware (v19 - dated 24/10/17). You can get the v19 firmware, with the Eircom header installed, here. Note it will most likely clear your F1000 configuration, it did on mine, and you will have to manually reconfigure your F1000 using an ethernet cable.

I downloaded and installed this and it rebrands it to a Vodafone Zyxel VMG8324-B10A
    I was able to log in by using Admin and 1234 but it sits at a loading screen and I can't access anything.
    Factory reset but still the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 chromazone

Not sure how you got Vodafone branding. I have two f1000's one was unlocked by the original posters method which allowed me to upgrade to the latest version of zyxel firmware. The second one I used the header edited version he supplied in this thread (see a few posts above) and that worked on an locked Eircom f1000 without any need for the original unlocking method. This then leaves the router as a Zyxel branded box, no sign of Vodafone or Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Conar

chromazone wrote: »
    Not sure how you got Vodafone branding. I have two f1000's one was unlocked by the original posters method which allowed me to upgrade to the latest version of zyxel firmware. The second one I used the header edited version he supplied in this thread (see a few posts above) and that worked on an locked Eircom f1000 without any need for the original unlocking method. This then leaves the router as a Zyxel branded box, no sign of Vodafone or Eircom.

I had a look again and I think I was being fooled by stale cached images.
    It also now allowed me to log in fully and was able to use it in place of my Vodafone router bridged to my Nighthawk router. I had tried factory resets before but the time powered down seemed to finish the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Dermot McDonnell

New Firmware Release.

ZyXel released the latest v.20 firmware the other day.

If you have an unlocked F1000, or the original ZyXel VMG8324-B10, you can get the latest firmware from ZyXel

If you have a locked F1000, you can download the latest firmware, here. It has been modified so as to be recognised by your Router as Eircom branded Firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Paul Thomas Rowland

latest firmware v24

saw this on kitz.co.uk from dmcdonnell, OP on this thread.

"You can download the v.24 firmware, modified to have an Eircom header, here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PfQGZwEpUdwT04QIsbMpZx8gfQLo3kdc/view?usp=sharing "

this will allow owners of an locked f1000, as supplied by eircom, to upgrade to the latest firmware. cannot test it myself.

if like me you unlocked your f1000 you can get the latest firmware from xyzel uk.

ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/VMG8324-B10A/firmware/VMG8324-B10A_1.00(AAKL.24)C0.zip

you must unzip the archive. it contains the firmware file: 1.00(AAKL.24)C0.bin and the change log: 1.00(AAKL.24)C0.pdf

WARNING: flashing a new firmware may reset your f1000 settings. make a note of them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

latest firmware v24

saw this on kitz.co.uk from dmcdonnell, OP on this thread.

"You can download the v.24 firmware, modified to have an Eircom header, here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PfQGZwEpUdwT04QIsbMpZx8gfQLo3kdc/view?usp=sharing "

this will allow owners of an locked f1000, as supplied by eircom, to upgrade to the latest firmware. cannot test it myself.

if like me you unlocked your f1000 you can get the latest firmware from xyzel uk.

ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/VMG8324-B10A/firmware/VMG8324-B10A_1.00(AAKL.24)C0.zip

you must unzip the archive. it contains the firmware file: 1.00(AAKL.24)C0.bin and the change log: 1.00(AAKL.24)C0.pdf

WARNING: flashing a new firmware may reset your f1000 settings. make a note of them.

Just put this on my locked router. Seemed to work but now cannot login. My previous admin and password does not work and a reset doesn't let me use the password on the back of the modem. Also now get red light for internet led.

Is there a different default password with this firmware?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

U should be able to get this off the manual on zyxel website. just look up model - vmg8324 b10a. Haven't updated in long time myself due to router refusing these firnware upgrades!
    Hope that helps.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

lsjmhar wrote: »
    u shoukd be able to get this off the manual on zyxel website. just look up model -

Found it eventually, it was "1234" :rolleyes:

So I could get into the modem, but it wouldn't connect to the broadband, so I had to roll back to an ancient Eircom firmware. :(

Maybe there are just some settings under broadband that I need to change, but I don't have the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Paul Thomas Rowland

PauloMN wrote: »

Maybe there are just some settings under broadband that I need to change, but I don't have the details.

i have a vdsl connection. the only change from the default settings under broadband is VLAN needs to be active with 802.1q set to 10 (defaults to 0). you mileage may differ.

i have a vdsl connection. the only change from the default settings under broadband is VLAN needs to be active with 802.1q set to 10 (defaults to 0). you mileage may differ.

Thanks for this. I tried the firmware install again the other day and all is working fine now, I took screenshots of my broadband settings page on the ancient firmware and just copied the same settings to the new firmware.

Was worried my eVision boxes might not work with the new firmware, and they wouldn't at first, but I reset each of them and they are working fine now - so all good!

Advertisement