Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howto unlock your Eircom F1000

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Kevinf63

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    McSim wrote: »
    There are reports on Kitz forums that 8C0/10C0 firmware is unstable on VDSL(2), however great on ADSL(2/+), VSDL(2) people rolling back to 7C0. Are you on VDSL(2) or ADSL(2/+)?
    I had to roll back to 7C as the modem kept rebooting couple of times per day. Had no issues on 7C before upgrade so went back down and no issues since.

I Upgraded to 10C0 without using any previously saved settings as I had the opposite, 7C0 seemed quite unstable with my setup before. I would have a particularly large amount of UPnP applications and clients both wired and wireless throwing traffic back and forward on my system over LAN and WAN. It usually would crash when navigating the router interface oddly enough.

Stability definitely varies between user requirements and use cases as 10C0 seems rock solid for me, yet others have found anything further than 8C0 is a no go area. According to my router, I am currently getting "VDSL2" speeds despite only hitting around 30Mb down (max attainable 40Mb, lowered my profile) which is just above theoretical ADSL2+, and just about VDSL2 nonetheless, therefore the DSL light shines amber if memory serves right. I live at one of furthest points away from the cabinet in Ratoath hence the speed and the need for stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Kevinf63:
    Do you have VDSL or ADSL line ?

Tom

Kevinf63:
    Do you have VDSL or ADSL line ?

Tom

Apologies Tom, I'm on a Eircom eFibre 100Mb + phone package over VDSL2. Problem is I'm about 300m away from the cabinet and without any vectoring, VDSL2 has quite the exponential bandwidth falloff over that kind of distance.

Friendly neighbour of mine sent this to me for reference, not entirely sure how accurate this chart is, but it pretty much lines up perfect for me:
    https://nbnmyths.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/fttn-speed-graph.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Kevinf63 wrote: »
    Apologies Tom, I'm on a Eircom eFibre 100Mb + phone package over VDSL2. Problem is I'm about 300m away from the cabinet and without any vectoring, VDSL2 has quite the exponential bandwidth falloff over that kind of distance.

Friendly neighbour of mine sent this to me for reference, not entirely sure how accurate this chart is, but it pretty much lines up perfect for me:
    https://nbnmyths.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/fttn-speed-graph.gif

Seems mostly accurate. I'm about 100-150M from the cabinet and before the modem unbranding line synch was approx 80Mb post unbranding it's 102Mb

W

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

thanks for clarification - I'm on VDSL with Vodafone and this modem was failing over multiple times per day on 10C code, i had to go back to vodafone c.appy modem.
    Tom

• Advertisement

I'm also having an issue port forwarding my RDP port through the modem. Has anyone tried this successfully?

I use RDP to connect to my Linux laptop as it is my PLEX media server and needs updates every now and again. No real configuration needed on my router if I remember (on lunch break in work ATM). Just make sure the relevant services are running on both ends and that you aren't purposely blocking RDP specific ports on your router or through a firewall on either client.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Packet

McSim wrote: »
    There are reports on Kitz forums that 8C0/10C0 firmware is unstable on VDSL(2), however great on ADSL(2/+), VSDL(2) people rolling back to 7C0. Are you on VDSL(2) or ADSL(2/+)?

Only tried it on my ADSL line.

I'll try it on a VDSL2 line.

=============================================
    VDSL Training Status: Showtime
    Mode: VDSL2 Annex B
    VDSL Profile: Profile 17a
    Traffic Type: PTM Mode
    Link Uptime: 0 day: 0 hour: 48 minutes
    VDSL Port Details Upstream Downstream
    Line Rate: 20.477 Mbps 90.390 Mbps
    Actual Net Data Rate: 20.478 Mbps 90.391 Mbps
    Trellis Coding: ON ON
    SNR Margin: 10.1 dB 11.2 dB
    Actual Delay: 0 ms 0 ms
    Transmit Power: - 3.8 dBm 13.2 dBm
    Receive Power: -20.6 dBm -6.7 dBm
    Actual INP: 29.0 symbols 29.0 symbols
    Total Attenuation: 16.9 dB 19.8 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate: 23.126 Mbps 96.311 Mbps
    VDSL Band Status U0 U1 U2 U3 D1 D2 D3
    Line Attenuation(dB): 4.3 22.2 33.1 N/A 12.2 28.8 44.5
    Signal Attenuation(dB): 4.3 21.7 31.9 N/A 16.7 28.5 44.6
    SNR Margin(dB): 10.1 10.2 10.1 N/A 12.6 10.6 10.6
    Transmit Power(dBm):-17.1 - 7.8 - 6.3 N/A 9.8 8.0 6.8

Here's stats from the F2000 that was on the VDSL2 line
    DSL synchronization status: Up
    Connection status: Showtime
    Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 20478
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 92159
    Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s): 23387
    Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s): 97496
    Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB): 10.4
    Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB): 10.2
    Upstream interleave depth: 0
    Downstream interleave depth: 0
    Line standard: VDSL
    Upstream line attenuation (dB): 22.2
    Downstream line attenuation (dB): 12.4
    Upstream output power (dBmV): -3.5
    Downstream output power (dBmV): 13
    Downstream interleave depth: None
    DSL up time: 0 days 0 hours 38 minutes 11 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Hi all,

From what i've been reading here, is it fair to say that V100AAKL7C0 is still the most stable version for the F1000?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 haggster

rogercross wrote: »
    Hi all,

From what i've been reading here, is it fair to say that V100AAKL7C0 is still the most stable version for the F1000?
    that's correct, there's even an new version 11 beta on the net now but it has the same stability issues with vectoring as all post-7C0 versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 anniedays

Hi
    New here looking for bootloader for the F1000 if anyone can help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

anniedays wrote: »
    Hi
    New here looking for bootloader for the F1000 if anyone can help.

Linky to Dermots post previously

Thanks appreciate reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vf1

F1000 unlock followed by flashing both the ZyXel bootloader and the latest firmware

Hi Dermot,

I was able to get onto the modem but stuck at the step of uploading bootloader. It isn't clear how to do it, guess from another terminal?
    Tried to do it this way, but the problem is: my PC can't communicate with modem and send files at the same time using the same cable!
    Could you give me a clue?
    I use minicom to communicate with modem and sending bootloader through suggested way "sudo screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200"

Thanks!

Hi
    I used Tera Term for the unlock process. Easy to use.
    When you get to where u enter atub enter it to begin process. As quick as u can goto File
    Transfer
    Xmodem
    Send
    Then browse to the Bootloader you downloaded and press open. This will start the bootloader transfer.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vf1

Hi anniedays,

thank you for the reply. I've managed to re-flash at the end.
    Haven't got the connection improvement though. Same half of the maximum (according to the distance)
    Anyway, now I have two SIP ports "for free" which I'm going to give a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Is there anyway to route traffic, only for specific websites, through my VPN in the router config? If there is an option for VPN perhaps there is whitelist where I could enter the websites?

Also, with Dermot's help I unbranded my f1000 some months ago, and finally the NAS (USB service) option started working. Unfortunately after a certain amount of hours the NAS stops working, and I have to cold reboot the router to restore it. I use a Western Digital MyPassport 500GB USB powered drive. Is there anything I can do to stop it (or the USB port or USB service) going to sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Prunken Dunk

I'm having trouble connecting my serial adapter (Prolific PL-2302HX) to the F1000.
    I'm using 115200 8N1 and the pins are connected correctly (GND to GND and RX - TX crossed).
    Using minicom on Ubuntu (15.04 and 14.04) I get data back if I loopback (short) RX and TX so the cable is fine.
    I also see both a blue LED (TX) and a green LED (RX) flashing on the PL-2303 as expected.

However, booting up the F1000 shows data being transmitted to the PL-2303 by the green LED flashing but nothing gets through to the terminal.
    Both HW and SW flow control are disabled.
    I've also tried screen and gtkterm with the same result.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what else to check?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 simulacra75

Tried this out yesterday and completely missed the step for setting the EngDebugFlag (don't know why, not careful enough i suppose). Thought i was goosed. I couldn't get the unit to show the extended command list until i ran "ATEN 1, 10F0A563" (courtesy of David where he posted on Kitz). Got back into the extended command set and applied the firmware successfully.

Restarted the unit and re-applied my lost MAC filters, NAT stuff, etc. Just need to bring the unit back home (at work at moment) to see if she will fire up and connect to Eircom successfully.

Does anyone know if any of the (V)DSL settings need to be changed in the Broadband section or should it connect to Eircom by default?

I've also got pre-upgrade speedtest.net results so, assuming i can connect when i get home, i will post both the pre and post results.

Well, i'm stuck a bit i'm afraid. We happen to have a separate Eircom eFibre connection here at work so i figured i'd "borrow" its connection to see if my newly unbranded F1000 would work. Unfortunately it doesn't. I never get a "DSL" light.

I compared the working settings from the "work" eFibre unit with my unbranded version and changed where necessary but still no joy. I don't suppose anyone could provide a screenshot of their working VDSL settings so i can apply the same to my own to see if it works?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭65535

Network Setting/Broadband

# 1
    Name VDSL
    Type PTM
    Mode Routing
    Encapsulation IPoE
    802.1p 0
    802.1q 10
    IGMP Proxy Y
    NAT Y
    Default Gateway Y
    IPv6 Y
    MLD Proxy N

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭65535

That is: set the VLAN as active and to 10 in 802.1q

65535 wrote: »
    That is: set the VLAN as active and to 10 in 802.1q

Applied all settings as stated. Still nada unfortunately.

Finally got it working, but how is another story. It seemed like the config file was screwed up somehow. I restored it via the CFE and restarted and lo and behold its working again. I think i still have the "debug" MAC on the router but i'm going to leave it alone since its working (unless someone tells me otherwise).

No difference in my speed but to be fair it's always been pretty good. From a wired LAN connection below is what i get (tested at 17.45 on 27/08/2015)

============================================================================
    VDSL Training Status: Showtime
    Mode: VDSL2 Annex B
    VDSL Profile: Profile 17a
    Traffic Type: PTM Mode
    Link Uptime: 0 day: 1 hour: 21 minutes
    VDSL Port Details Upstream Downstream
    Line Rate: 20.477 Mbps 92.155 Mbps
    Actual Net Data Rate: 20.478 Mbps 92.156 Mbps
    Trellis Coding: ON ON
    SNR Margin: 12.6 dB 10.5 dB
    Actual Delay: 0 ms 0 ms
    Transmit Power: - 7.0 dBm 13.1 dBm
    Receive Power: -21.8 dBm -4.5 dBm
    Actual INP: 29.0 symbols 30.0 symbols
    Total Attenuation: 14.9 dB 17.6 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate: 27.236 Mbps 99.223 Mbps
    VDSL Band Status U0 U1 U2 U3 D1 D2 D3
    Line Attenuation(dB): 3.2 19.8 27.2 N/A 11.4 24.6 37.8
    Signal Attenuation(dB): 3.2 19.3 26.0 N/A 14.6 24.4 37.7
    SNR Margin(dB): 13.3 12.7 12.5 N/A 11.1 10.3 10.3
    Transmit Power(dBm):-19.7 -10.2 -10.2 N/A 9.8 7.8 7.0
    ===================================================================

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Hi

If the f1000 is flashed with up to date Zyxel firmware can open wrt be installed.

Looking to install open vpn on home network

Thanks

lsjmhar

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Hi

If the f1000 is flashed with up to date Zyxel firmware can open wrt be installed.

Looking to install open vpn on home network

Thanks

lsjmhar

Not at moment

Cheers. So if I want to set up vpn I will need to have it on a home server or use an alternative router?

Hi Kev

How do you load the bin 10C0 file onto the router without the ttl cable. Do you connect through usb key or what?

Thanks

lsjmhar

Got it sorted. Thanks. Just flashed from ayios file which is alot easier than using the usb ttl cable.

As an aside, I read on other forums that the memory usage on the box was 85%. Since I flashed this firmware I am getting a memory usage of 46% and cpu of 13%. Would this open more memory to port openwrt or is there some hardware issue?

• Advertisement

Hi

I came across a post on Openwrt and bcm63xx chipset stating chaos calmer rc1 is available for this chipset which is the one used in this box.

Here are the links

https://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7146

https://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05-rc1/

It reports that this is bleeding edge software so probably buggy. Do you think this can be ported to flashed f1000?

L

Advertisement