Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Where in the Cusack are season ticket holders being located, I am planning on bringing a friend for Galway v Tipp next week and they are offering Cusack lower 302 which isn't great. Which mean our four season ticket seats will be there with the friend seat. I'd imagine we'd get better seats without the friend. Anyone else been in this situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Where in the Cusack are season ticket holders being located, I am planning on bringing a friend for Galway v Tipp next week and they are offering Cusack lower 302 which isn't great. Which mean our four season ticket seats will be there with the friend seat. I'd imagine we'd get better seats without the friend. Anyone else been in this situation?

Unfortunately that happens with all of them. You're shoved into 302 like I was for the Leinster Final or down to 311 as I was for the All Ireland Semi last year v Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

Sometimes it is better off to let the friend at home!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Very common occurrence, especially at this time of year, when the demand (from season ticket holders) for the really good seats, exceeds the supply. The logic it that it is fairer to give all of the good seats to those people who are actually season ticket holders & send the non season ticket holders elsewhere.

It's a balls, especially if you are the season ticket holder and you are the one who gets banished too, but it's a fair system over all. It wouldn't be right if a season ticket holder, who goes to all the games and who normally has a great seat in 306, gets shunted down to 301, just because the person who normally sits beside him, wants to bring his girl friend to her first game of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Very common occurrence, especially at this time of year, when the demand (from season ticket holders) for the really good seats, exceeds the supply. The logic it that it is fairer to give all of the good seats to those people who are actually season ticket holders & send the non season ticket holders elsewhere.

It's a balls, especially if you are the season ticket holder and you are the one who gets banished too, but it's a fair system over all. It wouldn't be right if a season ticket holder, who goes to all the games and who normally has a great seat in 306, gets shunted down to 301, just because the person who normally sits beside him, wants to bring his girl friend to her first game of the year.

Just to add, I got moved down to 302 for yesterdays match(through my own fault :o). My card expired last week and I thought I had updated my account with the new one. Only realised when I went to print my tickets last Thursday evening there was no tickets there. Got sorted Friday morning. The other 7 in my seating group were sitting merrily in 304 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

I am after missing out on the bring a friend option for this Sundays hurling semi final which I could have done with. Looks like I'll have to buy 2 tickets beside each other & they are only offering tickets for section 327 in the corner. Any suggestions on what to do? I've emailed them but no luck getting a 2nd ticket now.

Thanks for the advice lads, I didnt go with the bring a friend option and I got our seats in Cusack lower 304. I just picked up a Cusack Upper for my nephew at 704 just above us, so I happy out.

dcrosskid wrote: »
    I am after missing out on the bring a friend option for this Sundays hurling semi final which I could have done with. Looks like I'll have to buy 2 tickets beside each other & they are only offering tickets for section 327 in the corner. Any suggestions on what to do? I've emailed them but no luck getting a 2nd ticket now.
    Not sitting together is your best option really, ye might get half descents seat elsewhere 327 although not the worst it not fantastic.

Thanks for the advice lads, I didnt go with the bring a friend option and I got our seats in Cusack lower 304. I just picked up a Cusack Upper for my nephew at 704 just above us, so I happy out.

Did you get the Cusack Upper online Paarthunax? I would be a lot happier up there than in the Lower, I didn't realise they were going to open the Upper stands for Sunday.

dcrosskid wrote: »
    Did you get the Cusack Upper online Paarthunax? I would be a lot happier up there than in the Lower, I didn't realise they were going to open the Upper stands for Sunday.
    Yeah got it a few minutes ago on gaa.tickets.ie

• Advertisement

Yeah got it a few minutes ago on gaa.tickets.ie

Just got them myself online, 704 aswell, directly above where I would have been anyways and guaranteed to be dry :D

Good man thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Does anyone know when the 'Bring a Friend' option will be available for the Dublin v Mayo Semi-Final?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

celticbest wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the 'Bring a Friend' option will be available for the Dublin v Mayo Semi-Final?

I'd say probably the week of the match. We'll get an e-mail on the Monday to opt out or bring a friend. Usually have a day or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

It might not be available depending on how general sales go. The areas normally reserved for BaF have already been sold to the public on tickets.ie. If you have your opt out still to use I'd say use it and buy tickets together on tickets.ie rather then relying on BaF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

It might not be available depending on how general sales go. The areas normally reserved for BaF have already been sold to the public on tickets.ie. If you have your opt out still to use I'd say use it and buy tickets together on tickets.ie rather then relying on BaF.

Using the Opt out goes against your attendance though so if you are borderline near the 60% then this might not be an option.

I've got a BaF no problem the last few years was just wondering when they would be made available.

Only upper tier tickets left in the Cusack online, will hold out and fingers crossed I get my usual Lower Tier tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭agfasfos

The Season Ticket is becoming less of an option, the only real attraction is if your team reach The All Ireland Final & your attendance record between League & Championship is 60% your guaranteed a ticket. The 60% can be tough especially if your team have to travel long distances for League games in the winter Months, eg, Donegal have Dublin, Mayo, Kerry, Cork in Division one, far flung counties when roads can be bad.

statto25 wrote: »
    Using the Opt out goes against your attendance though so if you are borderline near the 60% then this might not be an option.

I thought the pioint of the opt out was that it DOESN'T get counted as part of your attendance.

Phew. So it just removes your obligations fo paying for the tickets for each match.

agfasfos wrote: »
    The Season Ticket is becoming less of an option, the only real attraction is if your team reach The All Ireland Final & your attendance record between League & Championship is 60% your guaranteed a ticket. The 60% can be tough especially if your team have to travel long distances for League games in the winter Months, eg, Donegal have Dublin, Mayo, Kerry, Cork in Division one, far flung counties when roads can be bad.

I know as a Dub it's easy to say but those fixtures get reversed every year.

So next year it will be:

Dublin v Cork, Croker
    Donegal v Dublin, Ballybofey
    Dublin v Kerry, Croker
    Dublin v Mayo, Croker
    Dublin v Monaghan, Croker

We owe Down a game in Esler so it will be away for us there. And I would assume it will be away to Roscommon as well to give 4 home and 3 away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

I thought the pioint of the opt out was that it DOESN'T get counted as part of your attendance.

Phew. So it just removes your obligations fo paying for the tickets for each match.

The first time I used I thought the same and when I seen it as "Not attended" I contacted the ST office and was told that you are not obligated to pay for the seat but you are counted as not attending the game.

statto25 wrote: »
    The first time I used I thought the same and when I seen it as "Not attended" I contacted the ST office and was told that you are not obligated to pay for the seat but you are counted as not attending the game.

Not that it matters now, but I was considering it for the Kildare game.

It would have me at 69% rather than 77% as i am now so I'm still covered. I'll bear it in mind for next year as we have 4 home games in the League.

• Advertisement

agfasfos wrote: »

This year I travelled to Navan & Newbridge in the O’Byrne Cup, and in the League to Cork, Killarney, Castlebar & Clones, the away days are the ones I look forward to the most, from my point of view the Season Ticket is great value for money & throw into the mix that my Daughters Season Ticket cost €10 & I get a €5 discount for all Championship games Except for the Leinster & AI Final (if we get there) I personally think it great value for money.

2015 100% Attendance so far,
    Attendance%202015_zpsgdcfkmqo.jpg

2014 100% Attendance,
    Attendance%202014_zpsw8ybfpio.jpg

2013 93% Attendance, unfortunately I missed the Donegal game as I had 'Man Flu',
    Attendance%202013_zpswf6lhw2q.jpg

Even if you are from a 'Weaker County' you still get at least 7 league games at €10 a pop = €70, then add your first Championship game €20 all of which are covered by the Season Ticket and you at least break even.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I know as a Dub it's easy to say but those fixtures get reversed every year.

So next year it will be:

Dublin v Cork, Croker
    Donegal v Dublin, Ballybofey
    Dublin v Kerry, Croker
    Dublin v Mayo, Croker
    Dublin v Monaghan, Croker

We owe Down a game in Esler so it will be away for us there. And I would assume it will be away to Roscommon as well to give 4 home and 3 away.

Don't make any concrete plans based on those predictions. Even though we had 4 away games this year, it is not a given that we will have 4 home games next year. 2016 is the start of another 2 year cycle, so its 50/50 as to whether or not we'll have the same number of home and away games next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

celticbest wrote: »
    This year I travelled to Navan & Newbridge in the O’Byrne Cup, and in the League to Cork, Killarney, Castlebar & Clones, the away days are the ones I look forward to the most, from my point of view the Season Ticket is great value for money & throw into the mix that my Daughters Season Ticket cost €10 & I get a €5 discount for all Championship games Except for the Leinster & AI Final (if we get there) I personally think it great value for money.

I just missed the Monaghan vs Dublin game this year on the ST. The fixtures timetable worked out well for me as saturday lectures didn't clash with away games. I travelled by train for the Cork, Kerry and Mayo games. I find the ST good value and its not difficult to hit the 60% attendance. When Dublin got to the 2 recent finals it was just a case of relaxing and waiting for the tickets to arrive in the post.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It's a bit farcical that the football and hurling tickets are priced the same.

This year as above, Dublin have had 13 games, with a potential for 2 more.

In Kilkenny we have had 10, and that includes a run to the All Ireland final.

So we got 7 games included for the initial price (6 league plus one championship)

The Dublin season ticket holder got 10 games (well 10 days out, 5 of those were also double headers).

So more than double the games for the same price.

adrian522 wrote: »
    It's a bit farcical that the football and hurling tickets are priced the same.

This year as above, Dublin have had 13 games, with a potential for 2 more.

In Kilkenny we have had 10, and that includes a run to the All Ireland final.

So we got 7 games included for the initial price (6 league plus one championship)

The Dublin season ticket holder got 10 games (well 10 days out, 5 of those were also double headers).

So more than double the games for the same price.

Sorry adrian522 I have to disagree with your above statement.

Hurling is 5 League games followed by a 1/4Final, Semi Final & Final totalling a possible 8 games in the League + your 1st Championship Game.

Football is 7 League games followed by a Semi Final & Final totalling a possible 9 games in the league + your 1st Championship Game.

This equals 1 game more in Football…..

Your not getting double the games or anyway near it with a Football Season Ticket compared to a Hurling one, as the Season ticket only covers the League and 1st Championship game in both codes, this works out to be one game more in Football, after this you pay, supporting Football actually costs far more as there are more games played…

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well look at the amount of games Dublin Footballers versus Hurling this year? Kilkenny got only 6 games plus the first championship game. 6 plus 1 is seven (at least it was when I went to school).

Dublin played 9 games in the league and the first championship game, giving 10. But of those 10 games there were 5 "double headers" so they would have got to attend 15 games for the same price we got to attend 7 games.

15 is more than twice 7. For the same price the Dublin football season ticket holder got to attend more than twice the amount of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sporter1

Just wondering if your team reaches the all Ireland final and you have attended the correct quota of matches, are you guaranteed a good seat for the final?

Not a good seat, just a seat.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Don't make any concrete plans based on those predictions. Even though we had 4 away games this year, it is not a given that we will have 4 home games next year. 2016 is the start of another 2 year cycle, so its 50/50 as to whether or not we'll have the same number of home and away games next year.

As it may be. But chances are as it has been for the last few years.
    sporter1 wrote: »
    Just wondering if your team reaches the all Ireland final and you have attended the correct quota of matches, are you guaranteed a good seat for the final?

Both of mine in 2011 and 2013 were in 305.

In 2011 I was just above the players tunnel.

In 2013 I was just above the 305 entrance way.
    Not a good seat, just a seat.

And be bloody grateful of it.

• Advertisement

Well look at the amount of games Dublin Footballers versus Hurling this year? Kilkenny got only 6 games plus the first championship game. 6 plus 1 is seven (at least it was when I went to school).

Dublin played 9 games in the league and the first championship game, giving 10. But of those 10 games there were 5 "double headers" so they would have got to attend 15 games for the same price we got to attend 7 games.

15 is more than twice 7. For the same price the Dublin football season ticket holder got to attend more than twice the amount of games.

As previously explained, it you reach the Final in Hurling you play 8 Games, if you reach the Final in Football you play 9 Games one game of a difference, both codes get there 1st championship game for free after that it’s pay to watch.

Counting the other game in a Double header is a load of crap, I only attend the game that Dublin Footballers are playing in as I'm a Football supporter.

Advertisement