Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

copacetic wrote: »

Is everyone who mentions day 1, from the 250 trial tickets in what was it 2009? i.e not the first year they went on official sale?

Yes, part of that 250.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Mine landed today.

In 304G.

I'm part of the original 250 as well. I don't think any of that matters though.

Was in 305 for 2011 and 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

I've had the season ticket myself since they first came out in 2009. The 2 finals that I've got to use it our seating group of 10 was either in 304/5/6. Don't know how they allocate the seating at all? For the 1st Dublin match I was in 303. For the replay I was in 306. Mates of mine that would usually be a couple of rows either behind or in front were in 306 for 1st match and 303 in replay match. One mates ticket was for 302 and his young sons in 304, both tickets on same account, same payment card.

Another thing about all the scanning issues last year and people giving out about us always "whinging". It cost one Dublin fan (not sure if here or another forum) dearly this year. Only had 57% attendance and lost out on 4 final tickets. Important to make sure tickets scanned correctly!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

mayo.mick wrote: »
    I've had the season ticket myself since they first came out in 2009. The 2 finals that I've got to use it our seating group of 10 was either in 304/5/6. Don't know how they allocate the seating at all? For the 1st Dublin match I was in 303. For the replay I was in 306. Mates of mine that would usually be a couple of rows either behind or in front were in 306 for 1st match and 303 in replay match. One mates ticket was for 302 and his young sons in 304, both tickets on same account, same payment card.

Another thing about all the scanning issues last year and people giving out about us always "whinging". It cost one Dublin fan (not sure if here or another forum) dearly this year. Only had 57% attendance and lost out on 4 final tickets. Important to make sure tickets scanned correctly!

hard to see how that can happen? 15 games, think 11 of those in Croke Park, which has never had scanning issues certainly not for 4 tickets? Cant get to 57%, can get to 53% or 60%?

very easy for Dublin fans to get 80% attendance without even trying really, especially since semi final replay would have been an extra unexpected game to bring attendance up and scanning issues in Mayo meant that apparently everyone was credited with attending?

Would have been looking at 47% without the replay happening so nowhere near qualifying for attendance on any of tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

hard to see how that can happen? 15 games, think 11 of those in Croke Park, which has never had scanning issues certainly not for 4 tickets? Cant get to 57%, can get to 53% or 60%?

very easy for Dublin fans to get 80% attendance without even trying really, especially since semi final replay would have been an extra unexpected game to bring attendance up and scanning issues in Mayo meant that apparently everyone was credited with attending?

Would have been looking at 47% without the replay happening so nowhere near qualifying for attendance on any of tickets?

Dublin had 7 league games and 4 of those were away. (I don't think that the league semi final and final count towards your attendance.) I've heard of some unbelievable stories of scanning cock ups in Killarney, Pairc Ui Rinn, Castlebar & Clones, ranging from the scanners not being sent from Croke Park, to "the lad" forgetting to pick them up from the Co Board office before the game. :rolleyes:

Dublin fans do have it easy, in terms of getting to Croker Park for games. No one would dispute that. But we go away for our summer holiday, just like everyone else. We have family & work commitments, just like everyone else. We miss miss games for weddings, christenings and what not, just like everyone else. So getting those 4 away games scanned correctly, is more important than you'd think.

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Dublin had 7 league games and 4 of those were away. (I don't think that the league semi final and final count towards your attendance.) I've heard of some unbelievable stories of scanning cock ups in Killarney, Pairc Ui Rinn, Castlebar & Clones, ranging from the scanners not being sent from Croke Park, to "the lad" forgetting to pick them up from the Co Board office before the game. :rolleyes:

Dublin fans do have it easy, in terms of getting to Croker Park for games. No one would dispute that. But we go away for our summer holiday, just like everyone else. We have family & work commitments, just like everyone else. We miss miss games for weddings, christenings and what not not, just like everyone else. So getting those 4 away games scanned correctly, is more important than you'd think.

Of course it's important and I'm well aware we all have stuff on, but the Mayo away game was the one with scanning issues this year and everyone got credited with attending?

The league semi and final do count for attendance.

So out of the 15 games so far I make that 11 were in Croker. You need 9 of 15 games to get 60% attendance, having been credited with the Mayo game that means people just needed to get to 8 of the 11 Croker games over the year and not even have to get to any away games.

That's not even counting the opt out that you can take for one of the games also. Or getting someone to use your tickets if you can't go.

Blaming scanning issues for not getting to 60% is hard to believe is what I was trying to get across, especially across 4 different tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭Trampas

I was one of the original 250 also.

3 in my group and 2 opt out of one of the championship games but all it did was didn't charge then but took the hit on non attendance which I expected it wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

That's not even counting the opt out that you can take for one of the games also.

Opting out gets counted as non attendance.

That must have changed recently? Used opt out back in 2010 I think and it didn't affect attendance. Not worth it then I guess, better to pass on tickets..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

No sign of our tickets yet!! Getting worried, money was taken from the account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Stoner wrote: »
    No sign of our tickets yet!! Getting worried, money was taken from the account.

My tickets arrived this morning - 707 row P for a group of 7. Happy with that.

Including replay, Dublin had 15 matches. 11 at Croke Park. 4 away - Cork, Kerry, Mayo & Monaghan. I didn't travel but was still credited for the Mayo game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Section 309 Row SS

Happy to be in the stadium but it's the worst seats I've ever had in Croker with the season ticket.

It won't make a difference if we win, but still a bit put out by it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

705. Happy with that. Have been there a bit ever since we added another ticket in 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

707 J, not the worst by the looks of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Section 309 Row SS

Happy to be in the stadium but it's the worst seats I've ever had in Croker with the season ticket.

It won't make a difference if we win, but still a bit put out by it.

It's actually not that bad once you are back a bit, in the double letters. We were in 309 Row A last year which I think is much worse.

adrian522 wrote: »
    It's actually not that bad once you are back a bit, in the double letters. We were in 309 Row A last year which I think is much worse.

Anywhere after Row T is grand really from a rain and view perspective.

I was in A for 1st SF v Mayo. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

adrian522 wrote: »

I am of the opinion that there are no bad seat really on Croke Park.

I've watched matches from the front row of the Lower Davin behind the goals and still had decent sight for most of the pitch.

Still there are some fantastic seats however. Premium Front row on the halfway line were special, but only had them for Christy Ring Finals.

Tickets for last year's final were very good. 304 Row K or something. Perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I am of the opinion that there are no bad seat really on Croke Park.

Yes there are. Front row of 309 are among the worst. You can't see anything AT ALL that's happening at the nearest corner to you at the hill 16 end. Anything that happens there you're either watching it on the screen, or waiting for the Sunday Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

When are the season tickets up for renewal?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

seligehgit wrote: »

Once we see the new management you might be changing your mind! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Usually toward the end of the month

I checked back on my mails. I got the renewal mail on the 30th September 2014 for this years ticket.

Yup. 30th September 2014 and 21st October 2013

Just got an email about an offer for the Intl Rules Series for Season Ticket holders:

This was at the bottom:

***PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL BE CONTACTING ALL 2015 GAA SEASON TICKET HOLDERS NEXT WEEK REGARDING RENEWALS FOR 2016. DETAILS ARE CURRENTLY BEING FINALISED***

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Just got an email about an offer for the Intl Rules Series for Season Ticket holders:

This was at the bottom:

***PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL BE CONTACTING ALL 2015 GAA SEASON TICKET HOLDERS NEXT WEEK REGARDING RENEWALS FOR 2016. DETAILS ARE CURRENTLY BEING FINALISED***

:( Looking for €20 a ticket for the International Rules Test, they were free in 2013.....

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭agfasfos

celticbest wrote: »
    :( Looking for €20 a ticket for the International Rules Test, they were free in 2013.....

Turning the screw even more on the Season Ticket Holders, definitely wouldn't pay €20 for the rules, players aren't pushed & who could blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

agfasfos wrote: »

players aren't pushed & who could blame them.

Yea. Free holiday in Australia is far more appealing. Sooner this b**tard game is put down the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Its €99 for a season ticket renewal. Bit of an increase there, way in excess really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

It seems a bit of a jump alright. Wasn't it €85 last year?

What's the club+ business? Guaranteed ticket for the final even if you don't attend any championship games.

Advertisement