Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

705 for me . Happy enough , good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

agfasfos wrote: »
    No I'm a Donegal supporter. I was on holiday for the Donegal v Galway qualifier & didn't want the money for that match debited to my bank account so I removed my card details. I was back for the Donegal v Mayo clash & got the usual e-mail, 'Print your ticket' etc. Couldn't log into my account so sent an e-mail to the season ticket section, got the following reply ' due to failed attempt to collect payment for the Donegal v Galway game your Season Ticket has been cancelled'.

Why not use the opt out instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

The way I was treated this year no more Season Ticket for me, will use tickets.ie
    The tickets on tickets.ie have been absolutely gash this year. Be warned

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭agfasfos

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Why not use the opt out instead?

Only one opt out allowed & had used it in February for a League match when driving conditions were terrible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You don't use opt outs for league matches, they are only used for Pay and Play matches. Opt out just means you won't be charged for a game, you've already paid for all the league games so no point in using it for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Only one opt out allowed & had used it in February for a League match when driving conditions were terrible.

Personally wouldn't use my opt out for a league game in future as you make no monetary saving and your attendance is impacted adversely in any case.
    Save them for a championship game if you ever need them.
    In any case the league opt out must be a new and sneaky feature by Croke Park as it makes no sense? Didn't actually think you could opt out for the league tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Each Season Ticket holder is entitled to at least one “Opt Out” of the Play &
    Pay obligation from one of his or her county’s Championship matches. The Opt
    Out does not apply to any League fixture
    or to the Opening Championship
    fixture. In the event that a county must play more than 5 Championship
    fixtures prior to the All-Ireland Final a second ‘Opt Out’ will be made available
    after the 5th of those fixtures.

Not sure how you used your opt out for a league game, never heard of such a thing.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Not sure how you used your opt out for a league game, never heard of such a thing.

Was thinking it made absolutely no sense alright.

jjdonegal wrote: »
    Was thinking it made absolutely no sense alright.
    Major cock up on my part, sorry for the incorrect info, still not a valid reason to cancel a Season Ticket ?.

Major cock up on my part, sorry for the incorrect info, still not a valid reason to cancel a Season Ticket ?.

Ah yeah harsh but id liken it to signing a contract which you effectively done by getting one at the start of the season!
    It's a sickener alright but id see them as being well within their rights to cancel it considering you effectively breached the "contract" by altering your direct debit details.

• Advertisement

jjdonegal wrote: »
    Ah yeah harsh but id liken it to signing a contract which you effectively done by getting one at the start of the season!
    It's a sickener alright but id see them as being well within their rights to cancel it considering you effectively breached the "contract" by altering your direct debit details.
    Point taken. The big problem is that Donegal played six Championship games & still only reached the quarter final stage, Mayo played three, it's not possible to tell in advance if your going to be able to attend games especially with qualifiers & quarter finals being switched to Saturday (to suit the Sky deal) the GAA should allow for this before whipping the Season Ticket out of your pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

But when you signed up you knew that you'd have to pay for any and all matches your county played in, apart from the one you opt out of, regardless of if you attend or not. I think they're well within their rights to suspend your season ticket to be fair so I don't see how they've treated you badly. I'm surprised they haven't gone after you for the cost of the match you removed your card details for!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Point taken. The big problem is that Donegal played six Championship games & still only reached the quarter final stage, Mayo played three, it's not possible to tell in advance if your going to be able to attend games especially with qualifiers & quarter finals being switched to Saturday (to suit the Sky deal) the GAA should allow for this before whipping the Season Ticket out of your pocket.

But every one is in the same boat. At the start of the season, no one knows how far their county will progress, or whether or not they will have a run through the qualifiers. They can hardly have 32 different season ticket programs for all 32 counties & then run them all differently, depending on how the games for individual counties go.

At the start of the year, you sign up for the program & everyone has to abide by the same terms & conditions. They don't hide the fact that your season ticket will be canceled, if you fail to to pay for the transactions that you agreed to pay for, when you first signed up for the season ticket.

It would be great if people could opt in and out of the season ticket games as it suited them, and still retained the perks of having a season ticket. But it's an unrealistic expectation imo, as it defeats the whole purpose of the season ticket in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭lukin

A question about the AI hurling final for season ticket holders; remember last year some tickets for the final went on sale a week or so beforehand. This was because Kilkenny sent back a number of tickets for the Nally stand and the GAA put them on sale to other season ticket holders.
    Is this likely to happen again this year?Last year they were all sold in an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

lukin wrote: »
    A question about the AI hurling final for season ticket holders; remember last year some tickets for the final went on sale a week or so beforehand. This was because Kilkenny sent back a number of tickets for the Nally stand and the GAA put them on sale to other season ticket holders.
    Is this likely to happen again this year?Last year they were all sold in an hour.

Wasn't that just for the replay from what I remember?

Wasn't that just for the replay from what I remember?

I could be wrong but I think it happened for both the draw and the replay. Others may be able to confirm or deny this.

lukin wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think it happened for both the draw and the replay. Others may be able to confirm or deny this.

They will. I defo remember considering going to the replay as a result. It never crossed my mind to go to the first game. Just watched it in McGrath's as is tradition.

Tickets went on general sale for the replay last year on tickets.ie, have an email about it. Can't see anything about the drawn match though.

I am a Cork season ticket holder and I got the email last year about the tickets. I couldn't afford it then but I could this year so hopefully I'll get the mail this year. I though they only made them available to season ticket holders last year, I didn't know they went on tickets.ie.
    I'll be checking my mail ever minute in the week leading up to the final :D

As a Dub I'm not accustomed to replays.

What happened ye Mayo heads last year with tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Will 'Bring a friend' be available for Saturdays game, considering the interest in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

celticbest wrote: »
    Will 'Bring a friend' be available for Saturdays game, considering the interest in it?

There as no Bring a Friend for the replay in Limerick last year but that was a smaller capactiy.

celticbest wrote: »

No chance.

---
    Email from season ticket office regarding payment for the game on Saturday and our allocation:
    Hi BonnieSituation,

Thank you for your email.

Details have not yet been confirmed.
    You will be receiving an email with all this information this evening or first thing tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Katherine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

It's very poor form if they've sold two batches of tickets on the open markets (many to touts) and haven't held any BaF tickets back for die hard supporters who have been going to games since January and February.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It's very poor form if they've sold two batches of tickets on the open markets (many to touts) and haven't held any BaF tickets back for die hard supporters who have been going to games since January and February.

Not being smart, but if your a die hard supporter would you not have your own season ticket/Parnell Pass?

What happens on All Ireland Final Day, do Baf tickets exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Not being smart, but if your a die hard supporter would you not have your own season ticket/Parnell Pass?
    I presume most would but shouldn't season ticket holders be offered first refusal?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Kavrocks wrote: »
    I presume most would but shouldn't season ticket holders be offered first refusal?

But if you are a die hard supporter and go to every game, there is no reason why you wouldn't get a season ticket/Parnell pass though.

A quick search on google states, that "What about bringing a 'guest' to reserved seating matches? Only Season Ticket holder & Juvenile Season Ticket holders will be permitted entry to the Season Ticket section. Guest tickets are not guaranteed for any fixture in 2015."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

It's bad form alright, but perhaps the GAA have a deal in place with Centra, Supervalu and tickets.ie, which obligates them to put X amount of tickets up for sale in their shops and online, for all games up to the AI final. Supervalu are one of the GAA's main sponsors. I doubt if they can be cut out of the ticketing business that easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Not if you live in another country.
    What happens on All Ireland Final Day, do Baf tickets exist?

All Ireland Final is a totally different ticket distribution method, right or wrongly. Probably wrongly with tickets going all over the country, but at least you know where you stand. If they'd even just confirmed the no BaF situation before the general sale at least everyone would know where they stood. At this stage, being involved in a season ticket scheme is becoming more of a disadvantage than an advantage because it is impossible to know when trying to group people together whether to hold off the general sale or go straight in for tickets and risk being left with extra ones you don't need (which happened to a lot of people for the semi in Limerick last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

But if you are a die hard supporter and go to every game, there is no reason why you wouldn't get a season ticket/Parnell pass though.
    Yes you made that point already and I replied, to with you made the exact same point again. Its not about Season Ticket/Parnell Park Pass holders, its about rewarding them for their loyalty and giving them an option to say bring their father, grandfather or whoever else they want.

Advertisement