Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭littlelady81

Got an option of 4 additional tickets per account for the last game only 2 additional now.....wonder why??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Sold out! That was quick

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Got an option of 4 additional tickets per account for the last game only 2 additional now.....wonder why??

I wonder why too...

Enlighten us...

:rolls eyes:

---

BaF already sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭littlelady81

Wonder how many they actually issued!! That was quick!! Bet they are issuing more through the clubs!

Wonder how many they actually issued!! That was quick!! Bet they are issuing more through the clubs!

Is this all a surprise as to how ticketing works?

I can never quite grasp why there is this constant feeling that its some sort of conspiracy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone's tickets arrive for the Hurling final yet?

Not yet. I'd say the tickets will be sent out tomorrow, arrive for most people on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭sunflower3

Ours arrived this morning - wasn't expecting them until tomorrow (Kilkenny season ticket)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Incredibly, at the same time, those who queued to buy tickets from an official GAA outlet in Dublin city were allowed to buy as many as they liked.
    Some lucky fans left the outlet on Dorset Street clutching up to a dozen tickets each.
    The GAA admitted last night they were surprised by the demand - even though Sunday's drawn game had already been an 82,000 sell-out.
    To make matters worse for angry fans, tickets are now being offered for sale for several times their face value on sites such as donedeal.ie.

From the Independent - http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublinmayo-replay-tickets-on-sale-for-three-times-their-value-on-online-sites-31493250.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I am a Hill 16 season ticket holder and I didn't get a bring a friend option so I'm assuming that terrace season ticket holders don't get this option.

Tbh I don't think anyone should get a bring a friend option when the game will obviously be a sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Good to see the GAA held back a few for the BaF option, it would have been shocking if they had sold them in 10s and 20s on the street and not held any back at all. None the less their ticketing system needs an overhaul. Tickets for potentially sold out games should never be allowed to be sold in blocks of more than five or six. I'll be heading for 703 also, decent seats as well actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Incredibly, at the same time, those who queued to buy tickets from an official GAA outlet in Dublin city were allowed to buy as many as they liked.
    Some lucky fans left the outlet on Dorset Street clutching up to a dozen tickets each.
    The GAA admitted last night they were surprised by the demand - even though Sunday's drawn game had already been an 82,000 sell-out.
    To make matters worse for angry fans, tickets are now being offered for sale for several times their face value on sites such as donedeal.ie.

From the Independent - http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublinmayo-replay-tickets-on-sale-for-three-times-their-value-on-online-sites-31493250.html

What on earth were they expecting to happen allowing people to purchase unlimited tickets? Scalpers will be making away like bandits. It's as if they've never organised a major sporting event before, rather than being an organisation that runs gigantic events multiple times every single year. Mind boggling incompetence.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

We've gotten section 309 for the All Ireland Final apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭brookville

adrian522 wrote: »
    We've gotten section 309 for the All Ireland Final apparently.
    Very disappointed again with full league and cship to get a poor ticket,probably the luck of the draw but there either down very low or back a good bit,not really to fussy anyway just be nice to get a better ticket there won't be a word bout it sunday evin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

adrian522 wrote: »
    Not yet. I'd say the tickets will be sent out tomorrow, arrive for most people on Thursday.
    sunflower3 wrote: »
    Ours arrived this morning - wasn't expecting them until tomorrow (Kilkenny season ticket)

Mine arrived today too - Kilkenny Season ticket also. Got section 305.
    Same section as last year for the first match, but got shafted for the replay off to the corner.

What's the chances of a 4th replay in a row???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

When are the tickets for Dublin v Mayo replay going to be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

dats_right wrote: »
    When are the tickets for Dublin v Mayo replay going to be available?

Friday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

brettmirl wrote: »

What's the chances of a 4th replay in a row???

33%:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭glack

liam7831 wrote: »
    Friday morning

Money is being taken tomorrow so I reckon we could even have them tomorrow afternoon but definitely by Thursday surely.

glack wrote: »
    Money is being taken tomorrow so I reckon we could even have them tomorrow afternoon but definitely by Thursday surely.

They will probably be available for printing tomorrow afternoon. First payment run at 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Section 305 for Sunday :)

• Advertisement

306 for us, some more are in 302/303.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Just got mine, section 306 about twenty rows from the pitch. Good tickets by all accounts. Better than the seat I had for the drawn game.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,140 ✭✭✭✭km79

303 row v

Email about my tickets just landed... Will it be better that 305A? Hmmmm...

EDIT: 304PP. That'll do Yank. That'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Very disappointed with mine, section 302 which is worse than last week

declan123 wrote: »
    Very disappointed with mine, section 302 which is worse than last week

What Row?

I couldn't have possibly gotten worse. Row bleedin' A on Sunday gone. Bernard Dunne was in my way the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

What Row?

I couldn't have possibly gotten worse. Row bleedin' A on Sunday gone. Bernard Dunne was in my way the whole time.

Row AA, can't understand why some folks get 305 and 306 and others don't. There isn't that many season thickets holders I'd say. Could we not be put in the same couple of sections.

I didn't avail of the bring a friend scheme so that I might get a better seat which is annoying

declan123 wrote: »
    Row AA, can't understand why some folks get 305 and 306 and others don't. There isn't that many season thickets holders I'd say. Could we not be put in the same couple of sections.

I didn't avail of the bring a friend scheme so that I might get a better seat which is annoying

There are nearly 10,000 if not more season ticket holders between Mayo and Dublin. granted some ot the Dublin ticket holders will be in the upper Cusack.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Is there 10,000 tickets! I thought Mayo had 2500?

We got split up. 4 in 306, 5 rows from front. Then 2 more are dropped down from 406 last week to 302.

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »
    Is there 10,000 tickets! I thought Mayo had 2500?

We got split up. 4 in 306, 5 rows from front. Then 2 more are dropped down from 406 last week to 302.

Between Cairde and Croke Park there are about 4,800. Dublin have a lot more, between Croke Park, Hill 16 and Parnell Pass. so it would be roughly 10,000 between the 2 (give or take a few opt outs :D )

Advertisement