Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Not if you live in another country.

But if you live in another country - you

a) are not going to every game and therefore can hardly be called a die hard fan?
    b) if for some miracle you come home for all games, then why not just buy a season ticket/parnell pass for Dublin?

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Yes you made that point already and I replied, to with you made the exact same point again. Its not about Season Ticket/Parnell Park Pass holders, its about rewarding them for their loyalty and giving them an option to say bring their father, grandfather or whoever else they want.

I know but why should their father/grandfather get a ticket over some random person on the street, who might go to games now and again, or say who loves the GAA but is not a Dublin supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

This last exchange about the die hard fan is just laughable. I mean you couldn't make it up.

The day after a sold out SF goes on to sell out its replay again there are so called die hards who might not be able to get a ticket. Get up the yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I know but why should their father/grandfather get a ticket over some random person on the street, who might go to games now and again, or say who loves the GAA but is not a Dublin supporter.
    I'm honestly beginning to think you are only arguing for the sake of it. Random people (including touts) are now better supporters than Season ticket holders?

Kavrocks wrote: »
    I'm honestly beginning to think you are only arguing for the sake of it. Random people (including touts) are now better supporters than Season ticket holders?

Lad you are missing the point complexly to what i'm saying.

Season ticket holders are guarantee tickets yea?

Die hard fans will have season tickets or Parnell Passes if they are going to every game, as they will get value from them. So the Die hard fans are taken care of.

What i'm saying is why should a season ticket holder be entitled to buy an additional ticket for a game for their random friend who may never been to a game. Your argument is that they should be allowed because of loyalty, which makes no sense at all.

Whose to say that you will give your friend the additional ticket, and not sell it on over face value yourself?

Centra/Supervalue are sponsors and obv per their sponsorship deals they have the right to sell tickets.

• Advertisement

Die hard fans will have season tickets or Parnell Passes if they are going to every game, as they will get value from them. So the Die hard fans are taken care of.

What i'm saying is why should a season ticket holder be entitled to buy an additional ticket for a game for their random friend who may never been to a game. Your argument is that they should be allowed because of loyalty, which makes no sense at all.

Whose to say that you will give your friend the additional ticket, and not sell it on over face value yourself?

Centra/Supervalue are sponsors and obv per their sponsorship deals they have the right to sell tickets.

All of this is on the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

But if you live in another country - you

a) are not going to every game and therefore can hardly be called a die hard fan?
    b) if for some miracle you come home for all games, then why not just buy a season ticket/parnell pass for Dublin?

While I'm also starting to think you are arguing only for the sake of arguing at this stage I'll finish on this topic by saying that if a supporter comes from overseas for, lets say, six games in a year, he has as much right to be considered a die hard supporter as someone who lives in the country and goes to eight or nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I'm not you keep going on about die hard supporters having Season Tickets or Parnell Park passes and being guaranteed tickets. I've not once disputed this. All I've said is for their loyalty it would be nice if they were offered first refusal of the option to 'Bring a friend' over some random person on the street or a tout. If loyalty makes no sense to you then that's fine.

While I'm also starting to think you are arguing only for the sake of arguing at this stage I'll finish on this topic by saying that if a supporter comes from overseas for, lets say, six games in a year, he has as much right to be considered a die hard supporter as someone who lives in the country and goes to eight or nine.

Correct, but why doesn't said supporter buy a season ticket or a Parnell Pass (he can give his tickets to someone else if he can't make some game), and that way he'll be guaranteed a ticket for the final.

For if Dublin get to the final, how is your overseas's Die hard friend going to pick up a ticket?

Obv the idea of some people buying 30 tickets today in super value is wrong. but i don't agree with the Bring a Friend policy at all for semi final/final.

Anyway we can agree to disagree, some people see where i'm coming from, other don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

good point actually!
    I'd say the thinking behind it was that most semis don't fully sell out so it would get a few more tickets sold by allowing friemds sit together
    obviously for these particular matches your point is spot on really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

So the 'bring a friend' is OK for every other match but because a load of sunshine supporters want tickets their should be 'no chance' of it. Ridiculous argument. The real issue here is with the GAA selling a vast majority of the tickets online to tout's who could purchase in bulk and not with the 'bring a friend' option.

So the 'bring a friend' is OK for every other match but because a load of sunshine supporters want tickets their should be 'no chance' of it. Ridiculous argument. The real issue here is with the GAA selling a vast majority of the tickets online to tout's who could purchase in bulk and not with the 'bring a friend' option.

you could easily also call the "friend" a sunshine supporter cause if they were die hards they would already have season tickets - no?

Both sides are valid arguments, but both have serious flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

The BaF suits the GAA when there is plenty of spare capacity and that seems reasonable to me. I have never used it myself as I don't want crap seats..

There are some people who won't have a ticket for the replay or final which is a pity but at the end of the day a lot of these people didn't attend in Feb/March etc during brass monkey weather or travel to Killarney/Cork/Castlebar etc. Club members have a better chance but not every club member attends league games either. For an attendance of 82.5k, I don't have a problem with whatever few thousand go on general sale. When I sat in the packed stand Sunday, half of the blue jerseys weren't at the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

you could easily also call the "friend" a sunshine supporter cause if they were die hards they would already have season tickets - no?

Both sides are valid arguments, but both have serious flaws.

The Dublin season ticket hasn't been on general sale for the last two/three years, it's been renewals only.

The Parnell Pass is significantly more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭lukin

adrian522 wrote: »
    Tickets went on general sale for the replay last year on tickets.ie, have an email about it. Can't see anything about the drawn match though.

They went on sale to all season ticket holders for the draw and the replay (I still have the emails). It's possible that they only went on general sale for the replay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Those season tickets are seriously good value given that Mayo are assured of AI semi finals for the next five years I'd say and a couple of AI finals. Probably could say the same about Kerry and Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Those season tickets are seriously good value given that Mayo are assured of AI semi finals for the next five years I'd say and a couple of AI finals. Probably could say the same about Kerry and Dublin.

Anytime I hear them kind of quotes it comes before a fall. See Dublin's 5 in a row talk last year for example. This Mayo team still have a reasonable age profile but have a lot of football played. Looking at Mayo's underage teams the last few years I'd say thats a very brave prediction.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    The Dublin season ticket hasn't been on general sale for the last two/three years, it's been renewals only.

The Parnell Pass is significantly more expensive.

I am aware of both issues - PP gets you the hurling too.

Do you know how many season tickets there are for Dublin and Mayo? I was looking for a figure earlier on but couldn't find anything.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I am aware of both issues - PP gets you the hurling too.

Do you know how many season tickets there are for Dublin and Mayo? I was looking for a figure earlier on but couldn't find anything.

1600 in Mayo from what I understand. I'd say 2k Dublin, but there is also the Parnell ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭glack

Has anyones attendance been updated yet? Its generally updated straight away after a match in Croke but our two tickets were not and we entered through different turnstiles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

glack wrote: »
    Has anyones attendance been updated yet? Its generally updated straight away after a match in Croke but our two tickets were not and we entered through different turnstiles.

yes updated

yop wrote: »
    1600 in Mayo from what I understand. I'd say 2k Dublin, but there is also the Parnell ticket?

that low only 2k? i thought it was a lot higher.
    Parnell Pass is different, and has different rules and i think is twice as much, but its a DCB thing as oppose to a GAA thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Anytime I hear them kind of quotes it comes before a fall. See Dublin's 5 in a row talk last year for example. This Mayo team still have a reasonable age profile but have a lot of football played. Looking at Mayo's underage teams the last few years I'd say thats a very brave prediction.

Overall your point is probably valid, especially given struggles at U-21 level, but don't let this years minor let down cloud your memory; they won an All Ireland in 2013 and were relatively strong for a couple of years before that too if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Not being smart, but if your a die hard supporter would you not have your own season ticket/Parnell Pass?

What happens on All Ireland Final Day, do Baf tickets exist?

I don't believe there any bring a friend option for the All Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

seligehgit wrote: »

There is definitely no BaF option for the finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Anyone's tickets arrive for the Hurling final yet?

Seems BaF is active:

:0
    Bring A Friend, "Pay & Play" & Opt Out - GAA Football All Ireland Semi Final Replay, Saturday September 5th 2015 at Croke Park

ACCOUNT ID:

BRING A FRIEND

A Chara,

The "Bring a Friend" option is now live for the GAA Football All Ireland Semi Final Replay at Croke Park on Saturday September 5th.

You can purchase tickets for non season ticket holders to sit with you - €30 Adult & €5 Juvenile. Up to 2 additional tickets can be purchased per Season Ticket account.

This offer is open until midnight tonight, Tuesday September 1st or until stocks last. Please note that there is limited availability and tickets will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.

It's simple- Log into your Online Account, click on Bring a Friend at the top, select the product and then just complete the purchase process and print your ticket(s). Click HERE for guidelines

For Account Log in Click HERE and then select "I am an existing Season Ticket Customer"

PAY & PLAY

"Pay & Play" applies to this fixture.

If you do not wish to avail of the Bring a Friend offer we will be processing payments and allocating your ticket(s) as normal on Wednesday September 2nd and you will then be able to log in to your account and print off your match ticket(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Seems BaF is active:

:0

Yep, just got my tickets, Happy Days!

703 Row B Upper Cusack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Got bring a friend tickets for 703 Upper Cusack. 314 is the only other section available. Got Row D so pretty happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

seligehgit wrote: »

No BaF option and no juvenile tickets. All stand tickets 80e a pop. Not sure about Hill.

Advertisement