Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club Championships

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Kkboy wrote: »
    In your opinion. My opinion is Eoin Larkin is a top player, destroyed the Limerick half back line in 2007, always causes Tipp problems, very accurate under pressure. Walter is frustrating at times, blows hot and cold, but is definitely talented. Dont get me wrong, id love Henry to stay on for one more year

8 years ago.

Shefflin is finished, he mightn't even be able to make the bench. The man should go out on a high. KK will win nothing this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Kkboy

Rightwing wrote: »
    8 years ago.

Shefflin is finished, he mightn't even be able to make the bench. The man should go out on a high. KK will win nothing this year.
    Oh he would make the bench allright. Eoin has been excellent over the last 8 years. Scored 2 super points in All Ireland final last year. The type of points that Limerick forwards just cant get in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

KK will win nothing this year.

*sniggers*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

At this stage it's beyond doubt the finest hurler the game has ever seen. No one even comes close to him.

Not arguing as to his greatness but while this may be true I will go all John Giles on this statement and say its not possible to judge this even if you are of an older vintage as you've only seen the players you've seen and not the ones that came before your time.

Oh he would make the bench allright. Eoin has been excellent over the last 8 years. Scored 2 super points in All Ireland final last year. The type of points that Limerick forwards just cant get in Croke Park.

Well I suppose I'd prefer to have Shefflin out there on a wheelchair than W Walsh.

In 1 sense he could stick around and help them try avoid relegation, and then retire. Mullane reckons he'll go though.

• Advertisement

Not arguing as to his greatness but while this may be true I will go all John Giles on this statement and say its not possible to judge this even if you are of an older vintage as you've only seen the players you've seen and not the ones that came before your time.

That's bull****. Players are better today than ever before. So the best player today is certainly better than anyone else. They are like professionals now.

Some of the older guys like Mackey/Ring may have thrived under the current system, maybe that's your point ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

That's bull****. Players are better today than ever before. So the best player today is certainly better than anyone else. They are like professionals now.

Some of the older guys like Mackey/Ring may have thrived under the current system, maybe that's your point ?

All I'm saying is that you can't judge players like for like between now and 40,50,60 years ago or even 15-20 years ago as the game and the landscape within which it played has changed so fundamentally.

All I'm saying is that you can't judge players like for like between now and 40,50,60 years ago or even 15-20 years ago as the game and the landscape within which it played has changed so fundamentally.

Yes, I half agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Kkboy

Well I suppose I'd prefer to have Shefflin out there on a wheelchair than W Walsh.

In 1 sense he could stick around and help them try avoid relegation, and then retire. Mullane reckons he'll go though.
    I think Walter is worth another chance. In Kilkenny we sort of like players who have played well in finals. I appreciate you have to apply different criteria.

I think Walter is worth another chance. In Kilkenny we sort of like players who have played well in finals. I appreciate you have to apply different criteria.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to see him get his place. ;)

Chuckle chuckle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement