Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Very disappointing hurling final. Thought it would be relatively close. Not sure if Kilmallock just froze a bit or what but they will probably feel they didn't do themselves justice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Ompala

Awful game, Kilmallock aren't that bad but christ their shooting was woeful today!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I do think that when their shooting was so bad that they should have mixed it up a bit, try to provide better ball for the inside forwards. They had one class move, with loads of off-the-ball running but Eoin Ryan put it wide then, a shocking miss. It really seemed to sap the confidence.

They needed a good start to the 2nd half, even a point or 2 early on could have swung the momentum but instead, I think Ballyhale hit 5 in a row and then it was game over.

In fairness, TJ Reid was strolling around unmarked half the time which isn't good enough either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

there will be goals in the football

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Corofin's tackling is great. Hope they win it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭megadodge

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Corofin's tackling is great. Hope they win it out!

I agree, but the outstanding thing for me (and I've been watching them closely for the last two years) is their brilliant foot-passing. Where others give the simple handpass, they look up and usually find one of the many men 'showing' for the ball much closer to goal.

I've said it before and I'm saying it again but they are a superbly coached team.

megadodge wrote: »
    I agree, but the outstanding thing for me (and I've been watching them closely for the last two years) is their brilliant foot-passing. Where others give the simple handpass, they look up and usually find one of the many men 'showing' for the ball much closer to goal.

I've said it before and I'm saying it again but they are a superbly coached team.

I just said the same thing to my Dad! They mix hand passing and foot passing very well. It's nice to watch.

Ian Burke is losing the most of the possession for Corofin. He needs to settle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Outstanding from Corofin so far, their skill level is top class and they have had a huge amount of clean dispossession's so far (which shows what bullsh1t it is whenever anyone says there isn't a tackle in Gaelic Football).they are mixing up the footpassing and handpassing nicely and are brilliant at winning breaking ball.Very hard to see how Slughtneil can get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Another one sided final. Corofin a serious side one of the best ever club sides to come out of Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

someone mentioned to me last night that stephen rochford would be the first man to win it as a player and manager if corofin win, anybody know if this is the case ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Embarrassing play-acting from Lundy. Keep that crap out of the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

ianob7 wrote: »
    someone mentioned to me last night that stephen rochford would be the first man to win it as a player and manager if corofin win, anybody know if this is the case ?

Hardly notable, Tony McEntee won several as a player and 2 in a row as manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Nib wrote: »
    Embarrassing play-acting from Lundy. Keep that crap out of the GAA.

He has been very fond of going to the ground but that was just pathetic from him. Don't was to see that creeping into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You would never see that in my day - free kicks being kicked backwards.

Where was the foul there? That's a pity peno if there ever was one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

that was terrible refereeing.
    he fouled the ball and tripped over himself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

ardmacha wrote: »
    Hardly notable, Tony McEntee won several as a player and 2 in a row as manager.

It's still quite an achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Did your man off the AIB ad who was 100% convinced they would win and wanted to go to croke park on paddys day more than anything in the world get to the final??

srm23 wrote: »
    Did your man off the AIB ad who was 100% convinced they would win and wanted to go to croke park on paddys day more than anything in the world get to the final??
    He did last year. That's Mount Leinster Rangers player James Hickey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

srm23 wrote: »

the sub you mean , number 18.
    I be telling him to keep quiet if he was in my dressing room..

• Advertisement

the sub you mean , number 18.
    I be telling him to keep quiet if he was in my dressing room..
    He was their captain. He was injured for the previous game hence the no.18.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Nib wrote: »
    He was their captain. He was injured for the previous game hence the no.18.

its cringe all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Very disappointing hurling final. Thought it would be relatively close. Not sure if Kilmallock just froze a bit or what but they will probably feel they didn't do themselves justice at all.

Kilmallock were never actually as good as they were being made out to be imo, yes they are a solid club team with great heart, passion, commitment and work ethic but they were never that good and I said this since I saw them struggle to beat an absolutely awful sarafields team from cork in extra time

They struggle beat cratole and imo cratole once extra time happened were going to loose as they were shattered from dual codes imo

These factors imo were never really considered imo by those who thought and some limerick fans believed could be in with a chance

I was surprised by the defeat only in ballyhale didn't get more goals but then they didn't need to, absolutely destroyed them imo in second gear at key moments in the game

Yes people will say ballyhale were huge favourite fair enough but kilmallock were not even competitive for the full game
    Today like another poster said showed long ball didn't work but this is the only style limerick teams of any grade will play, has be direct and orthodox but it's so old school predictable
    It's a shame as a change in style would serve them better imo as they have talented hurlers but they prefer the direct approach

Today showed gavin o mahonry is not a centre forward option for limerick despite fans thinking he is, one thing scoring in Waterford crystal but against top players in big games like today v fennelly he won't do
    A half back he is, never was he a centre forward imo for the big games

This result imo was no surprise it was always on the cards
    Kilkenny had a few seniors but so too did kilmallock
    Croke park, the wide spaces exposed the lack of pace in this team and also the lack of any tactical plan by management
    I rate the sparrow, good club coach and to be fair he couldn't really devise a sweeper system or possession game as quite simply limerick teams don't like this style
    Limerick I say it time and again have to change their style if their going to win all Ireland and this is in any grade with any teams as they have the players I don't doubt

Congratulations to ballyhale, without a doubt they fully deserved the win and even though I'm a cork man must admit I'm glad shefflin won club medal as true great hurler like him and tj Reid deserved it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Ompala wrote: »
    Awful game, Kilmallock aren't that bad but christ their shooting was woeful today!

Kilmallock didn't show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Kilmallock were never actually as good as they were being made out to be imo, yes they are a solid club team with great heart, passion, commitment and work ethic but they were never that good and I said this since I saw them struggle to beat an absolutely awful sarafields team from cork in extra time

They struggle beat cratole and imo cratole once extra time happened were going to loose as they were shattered from dual codes imo

These factors imo were never really considered imo by those who thought and some limerick fans believed could be in with a chance

I was surprised by the defeat only in ballyhale didn't get more goals but then they didn't need to, absolutely destroyed them imo in second gear at key moments in the game

Yes people will say ballyhale were huge favourite fair enough but kilmallock were not even competitive for the full game
    Today like another poster said showed long ball didn't work but this is the only style limerick teams of any grade will play, has be direct and orthodox but it's so old school predictable
    It's a shame as a change in style would serve them better imo as they have talented hurlers but they prefer the direct approach

Today showed gavin o mahonry is not a centre forward option for limerick despite fans thinking he is, one thing scoring in Waterford crystal but against top players in big games like today v fennelly he won't do
    A half back he is, never was he a centre forward imo for the big games

This result imo was no surprise it was always on the cards
    Kilkenny had a few seniors but so too did kilmallock
    Croke park, the wide spaces exposed the lack of pace in this team and also the lack of any tactical plan by management
    I rate the sparrow, good club coach and to be fair he couldn't really devise a sweeper system or possession game as quite simply limerick teams don't like this style
    Limerick I say it time and again have to change their style if their going to win all Ireland and this is in any grade with any teams as they have the players I don't doubt

Congratulations to ballyhale, without a doubt they fully deserved the win and even though I'm a cork man must admit I'm glad shefflin won club medal as true great hurler like him and tj Reid deserved it imo

At this stage it's beyond doubt the finest hurler the game has ever seen. No one even comes close to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Rightwing wrote: »
    At this stage it's beyond doubt the finest hurler the game has ever seen. No one even comes close to him.

Absolutely I'd have to agree

Absolutely I'd have to agree

I remember KK wiping the floor with Cork a few years back, Shefflin gets injured, the teams were suddenly about equal. He was the difference. No replacing the man. We won't see KK dominate the game again like they have over the last 10 yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Kkboy

I remember KK wiping the floor with Cork a few years back, Shefflin gets injured, the teams were suddenly about equal. He was the difference. No replacing the man. We won't see KK dominate the game again like they have over the last 10 yrs.

Still TJ Reid, Richie Power, Eoin Larkin Colin Fennelly, Richie Hogan, Walter Walsh is not that bad a forward line for this year.

Kkboy wrote: »
    Still TJ Reid, Richie Power, Eoin Larkin Colin Fennelly, Richie Hogan, Walter Walsh is not that bad a forward line for this year.

4 top players. Larkin a good player
    W Walsh made his name on 1 game. Useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Kkboy

4 top players. Larkin a good player
    W Walsh made his name on 1 game. Useless.

In your opinion. My opinion is Eoin Larkin is a top player, destroyed the Limerick half back line in 2007, always causes Tipp problems, very accurate under pressure. Walter is frustrating at times, blows hot and cold, but is definitely talented. Dont get me wrong, id love Henry to stay on for one more year

Advertisement