Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MATCH THREAD: Connacht vs Leinster, 19th Sept 2014 19:35, The Sportgroud, TG4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

Tox56 wrote: »
    What the hell? This is getting ridiculous. How is this even vaguely relevant to this game

When there's a pattern it's relevant.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,254 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

S12b wrote: »
    You're mixing up Carty and Leader.....Carty started at 10 last year at the sportsgrounds and had a pretty good game. He probably did out play Madigan who was subbed off for Gopperth who made a big impact.

Leader is the fullback from the 2013 Ireland u.20s and plays fb for us but is currently taking the kicks at goal.

You are correct, sorry. I had it in my head that Leader started at 15 for that game and did most of the tactical kicking around the park?

Zzippy wrote: »
    Ah here, tell that to the lads on the Irish team who lost to "that" Mike Phillips try in Cardiff in 2011.

All 15. C'mon, he had his foot barely on the field and it was a technicality that should've stopped the line out. Sure it was an absolute muck up by the officials but our lads should've been alive to it, also we made some pretty poor tactical substitutions in that game, but that's another story for another thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

There is a pattern alright, but not of bad or biased refereeing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭OldRio

.ak wrote: »
    All 15. C'mon, he had his foot barely on the field and it was a technicality that should've stopped the line out. Sure it was an absolute muck up by the officials but our lads should've been alive to it, also we made some pretty poor tactical substitutions in that game, but that's another story for another thread.

What?
    *Shakes head and wanderers away from computer muttering to himself*

Imagine if there was no technical issues with the quick line out, plenty of scrumhalves would be alive to it and could easily throw a line out quickly like that. We completely switched off and you play the whistle. The refs mucked up and the Welsh cheated, but we only have ourselves to blame. At the beginning of that game were in the ascendency - why did that stop? It certainly wasn't anyone elses fault but our own.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

It was the wrong ball - our players clearly saw a ballboy/uninvolved person touch the ball that had gone into touch, so why should they be alive to it, a quick lineout was not a legal possibility!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

This thread is like the twilight zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

ssaye2 wrote: »

Agreed, I think everyone should calm down a bit until the game starts at least!!

• Advertisement

It was the wrong ball - our players clearly saw a ballboy/uninvolved person touch the ball that had gone into touch, so why should they be alive to it, a quick lineout was not a legal possibility!

Because you always play the whistle? Like, it's schoolboy stuff. In training our coach would also let one team cheat to train us to play the whistle. You can't rely on the ref seeing what you see.

Good derby feel to it! :D

What are you saying? That Mike Phillips' try in 2011 isn't relevant??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i think i'm going to have to ban my fellow mods....they are pulling each others hair in the Mods Lounge!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Just had a read of thread there ha - it isnt the normal "Connacht v interpro" thread thats for sure

RuggieBear wrote: »
    i think i'm going to have to ban my fellow mods....they are pulling each others hair in the Mods Lounge!

It'll be like pulling a bloke off the girlfriend he's beating up, then they both turn on you... ;)

It'll be like pulling a bloke off the girlfriend he's beating up, then they both turn on you... ;)

I'm the bloke.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

this must be the most heated match thread involving Connacht in a while. good to see in a way we have a belief that our lads can step upto the plate. Connacht are coming of winning ugly/luckily something that we aren't used to so why wouldn't it give us belief that we can put it upto Leinster something we can do. The biggest difference between the teams is the bench. Leinster have game changers to come of the bench in to the pack. Buckley has played every minute this season I seriously doubt he'll be able to put in that type of shift against Leinster. If Leaders boot isn't in form I don't think we have much of a chance I hope all week was kicking watching him he looks like he takes to long getting settled and then snatches at the kick itself. Hopefully Carty brings his A game, I didn't think he was all that bad in last years game. I'd rather Kearney to Roux I haven't liked what I've seen so far

Heart says we can pinch it
    Head is a bit more realistic

I'm the bloke.

You wish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I don't rate Mike McCarthy in the slightest. How someone can be so uncoordinated I'll never know. A few times I've gone over games to watch his "unseen" work, and alas the work remains unseen. I'll be glad to see the back of him.

• Advertisement

Weather in Galway dull as Dublin it seems, possibility of a fair bit of rain too before kickoff. Anyone confirm. Just checking webcam and weather.

Hagz wrote: »
    I don't rate Mike McCarthy in the slightest. How someone can be so uncoordinated I'll never know. A few times I've gone over games to watch his "unseen" work, and alas the work remains unseen. I'll be glad to see the back of him.

Think thats very harsh, he is the choke tackle king and is an improvement on a fair few 2nd rows we have had over the years.

I know it's harsh, but I make no bones about it. I do not rate the man at all. Leinster have made some terrible signings in the second row department with Galarza, Sykes, Denton and Roux. Now I'd place him above that category of players, but I wouldn't pencil him down as a good signing.

Good lineout operator, steals the odd one too, good in the scrum, good at clearing rucks, excellent defender. More handling errors than most which you may be referring to, but a poor player he is not. Joe Schmidt doesn't think he is anyway. But if you don't want him, we'll happily take him back!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I know it's harsh, but I make no bones about it. I do not rate the man at all. Leinster have made some terrible signings in the second row department with Lozada, Sykes, Denton and Roux. Now I'd place him above that category of players, but I wouldn't pencil him down as a good signing.

The second row was not a problem area for us last season and for that reason alone I would regard him as a good signing. It's always an area we've struggled in and although it might not have been the strongest part of the team it wasn't a weakness (imo anyway) and what we really needed McCarthy for, and he brought that

I know it's harsh, but I make no bones about it. I do not rate the man at all. Leinster have made some terrible signings in the second row department with Lozada, Sykes, Denton and Roux. Now I'd place him above that category of players, but I wouldn't pencil him down as a good signing.

Poor Mariano Galarza; such a flop that people can't even get his name right.

I think McCarthy is a lot better than he gets credit for, although I do particularly hate the "unseen work" tag.

What do you mean by uncoordinated?

Actually bemused why you'd want to see the back of our 2nd best lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Think thats very harsh, he is the choke tackle king and is an improvement on a fair few 2nd rows we have had over the years.

He's the king at suddenly collapsing in a heap too.

I think McCarthy is a lot better than he gets credit for, although I do particularly hate the "unseen work" tag.

I don't understand how you can feel that way. I think I'm the only poster on this boards who doesn't sing his praises.

• Advertisement

What do you mean by uncoordinated?

Actually bemused why you'd want to see the back of our 2nd best lock.

I mean the guy is a complete liability when the ball comes his way, totally ineffective in the carry and he's way too easily beaten in defence.

I want to see the back of him so that someone else comes in to replace him. It won't happen though. He's contracted till the end of next season, so I'll have to put up with it.

Advertisement