Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MATCH THREAD: Connacht vs Leinster, 19th Sept 2014 19:35, The Sportgroud, TG4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

awec wrote: »
    RTE have no rights. Major provinces like Ulster are able to negotiate their own rights to be on TV pretty much every week but the minor provinces have to accept being on now and again.

4071184-well-played-sir-well-played-indeed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

awec wrote: »
    RTE have no rights. Major provinces like Ulster are able to negotiate their own rights to be on TV pretty much every week but the minor provinces have to accept being on now and again.

I'd take biased Ulster Commentary over TG4 any day. You're very lucky AWEC. Now if only they'd win something....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Tox56 wrote: »
    Iirc Tuohy had a very strong season ahead of the 6 Nations, both were included in the original 6N squad, and Tuohy was definitely in the frame for the matchday squad ahead of McCarthy.

But Im willing to concede that point and say with absolute confidence the two starters would have been Toner and POC, who were the first choice pair in the AI's and Toner had only improved since then, McCarthy definitely wasnt looking at a start.

Sorry, I should have said he would have been in the matchday squads, he was definitely ahead of Tuohy and would have started at least one or two games (when POC was sick and to give Toner a rest)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Think of Pro 12 TV rights this way - Scotland has 2 broadcasters- BBC Alba/BBC2Scotland; Wales have 2 - S4C/BBC2W and Ireland have 2 - TG4 and BBC2NI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

Its a very strong Leinster squad. Will be happy just to see Connacht stick in there. Certainly this game will give some outlook on how strong Connacht have really become. So here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

ouncer wrote: »
    Its a very strong Leinster squad. Will be happy just to see Connacht stick in there. Certainly this game will give some outlook on how strong Connacht have really become. So here's hoping.

Connacht have scored two tries in 160 min against 2 bottom half of the table teams. A combination of a narrow victory last week, and a big victory recently at home against a very weak Leinster has puffed up their confidence a great deal, but I would suspect that by half 9 tonight they will have a much better appreciation of how they stand. I hope they come out fighting and give a good game, but I think there is only one horse to back in this race, the one that has a devastating subs bench too up the intensity with 20 min left. I would suspect a points difference of more than 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Connacht have scored two tries in 160 min against 2 bottom half of the table teams. A combination of a narrow victory last week, and a big victory recently at home against a very weak Leinster has puffed up their confidence a great deal, but I would suspect that by half 9 tonight they will have a much better appreciation of how they stand. I hope they come out fighting and give a good game, but I think there is only one horse to back in this race, the one that has a devastating subs bench too up the intensity with 20 min left. I would suspect a points difference of more than 14.

Think it's 3 tries? But I'm more concerned with our kick return than our try scoring right now. The only thing I'd say with regard puffed up confidence is according to one of the players in the papers this week they said that there was no celebration for their victories and quite down trodden because the performance wasn't up to scratch. I think that's a great attitude to have going into any game, especially the champions. A strong performance is what I'll be looking for and a LBP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Heading out the door. Connacht to win by 4.

Thank God the game isn't in the RDS tonight. The Sportsground ain't got nothing in the weather in stuck in at the moment! Horrendous.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Heading in now. G'wan Connacht!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Reddan and mcgrath bench in for boss

Bx6UWvtIcAA8qaB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Whats it like in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Reddan and mcgrath bench in for boss

#JusticeForLukeMcGrath

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

Predictions:

- Leinster to win by 70

- Mike McCarthy hat-trick

- Post match interview reveals Henshaw leaving contract mid season for Leinster

(Or Leinster by 10...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭LostArt

Boss out, Reddan in, McGrath on bench

Huge scrum

Stream is shocking. Stopping every 3 seconds. Anyone else?

3 nil mads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Stream is shocking. Stopping every 3 seconds. Anyone else?

Seems grand for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Good nerve settling start if it was needed

Penalty connacht should be 3 all

Miss v poor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Forgot that Buckley and Macken were on the same SCT. Also had Jordi Murphy and Andrew Conway on the team.

Defence up v quick no Room tennis kicking nearly macken intercept after connacht to

Leinster pack making a statement early. And Connachts lack of a reliable place kicker already showing.

Looks like it could be a sloppy one. Had Macken held that he was away.

Scrum strong

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Marry me Rhys.

• Advertisement

Tricky 40m kick right shank

Advertisement