Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MATCH THREAD: Connacht vs Leinster, 19th Sept 2014 19:35, The Sportgroud, TG4

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Killser wrote: »
    As for us... I remain loyal as ever, but disillusioned, I want to see someone grab the team and shake the jaysus into them

He's coming

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

b.gud wrote: »
    Anywhere to see the Henshaw tackle on Gopperth? Was on a flight during the match and the recording failed :/

This was the one I was looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Absolute suicide ball from Reddan. But the move was so easy to read - stacking out options on the blindside, we were never in a million years going to go openside with a massive risk of a turn over. Nice enough move, but needed to be way more snappy, Reddan needed to plant his feet and needed to be far more accurate with the pass. Good read by Henshaw all the same, and even better he nailed man on ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

skip to the good bit:
    spwuok.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    Absolute suicide ball from Reddan. But the move was so easy to read - stacking out options on the blindside, we were never in a million years going to go openside with a massive risk of a turn over. Nice enough move, but needed to be way more snappy, Reddan needed to plant his feet and needed to be far more accurate with the pass. Good read by Henshaw all the same, and even better he nailed man on ball.

I thought the move itself seemed decent. The pack had wheeled enough to slow the Connacht forwards entering the line and it looks like there were only 2 defenders on that side. Had the pass been accurate we had a 5 on 2. Henshaws read and pace were good, but had the pass from Redser been on the money and Gopperth transferred it quick enough we were away. Henshaw would have committed giving us a 4 on 1. I'd love to have seen Leaders positioning for that too as if he'd been caught out by it there was a try on there for sure. But even if he hadn't that was an opportunity that should have been converted into at least 5 points.

Opportunity_zpse0875c96.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah, like I said it was a nice move having McFadden push into the 12 channel on the last second. I'd have loved to see what would happen if JG got the ball to him.

Advertisement