Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 5 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Any changes ye'd make lads? Might bank the free transfer too..

Biggest weakness I see there copper is Krul. Newcastle seem terribly weak at the back and have been conceding a few goals. Thing is, I have him in my team too. No free transfers left this week, so I might ship him next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Lads worth holding onto Begovic in nets?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

66 points last week which i was delighted with because i nearly wildcarded. Im tempted to do the same this gw because I need to make room for some united cover but im going to hold off and see how they get on away from home before I hop on the bandwagon.

Mutch to mcgeady this gw for me, .2 million short of chadi but hopefully at home to palace mcgeady will have an impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Lads worth holding onto Begovic in nets?

I have him and I plan on keeping him. Not trying to be smart, but is there any good reason to ditch him? He has nice fixtures, has kept one clean sheet, hasn't conceded more than one goal in a game, and hasn't earned a save point (which is arguably a good thing as it indicates a solid back four in front of him)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

MR NINE wrote: »
    I have him and I plan on keeping him. Not trying to be smart, but is there any good reason to ditch him? He has nice fixtures, has kept one clean sheet, hasn't conceded more than one goal in a game, and hasn't earned a save point (which is arguably a good thing as it indicates a solid back four in front of him)

When you put it like that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

After an average enough start, I bagged 80 last week. Team is decent shape EXCEPT I still have two Stoke lads I have to get rid of - Bojan 5.3 & Ireland 4.8.

I have 1.2 in the bank and 1 ft this week left. Who should I prioritise? Was thinking Ulloa for Bojan, that leaves a fair bit in the bank.

Or dyer/Chadli for Ireland.

EDIT: Ireland is down to 4.8 :( Lost .4 on the bloody stoke gamble!! Maybe Henderson?

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

mectavba wrote: »
    After an average enough start, I bagged 80 last week. Team is decent shape EXCEPT I still have two Stoke lads I have to get rid of - Bojan 5.3 & Ireland 4.8.

I have 1.2 in the bank and 1 ft this week left. Who should I prioritise? Was thinking Ulloa for Bojan, that leaves a fair bit in the bank.

EDIT: Ireland is down to 4.8 :( Lost .4 on the bloody stoke gamble!! Maybe Henderson?

Any thoughts?

Schneiderlin's a must if you don't have him yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

Any CL injuries or doubts of note?

Mourinho reckons Costa is struggling with a niggle but should be fine :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

CSF wrote: »
    Can't see Flanagan not starting at all.

He's just had knee surgery. He won't be starting for months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Not sure of this,He had 2 goal s ,1 assist last year ,5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I would say the opposite tbh. Good player who's had a good start but in FF terms a below average option, depending on if he's used further up this season . It's a pity you missed out on Chadli at home to West Brom. Naismith for Bojan? At home to Palace you'd expect goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

And people said there were no bandwagons this season :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

People seem to be forgetting that Schneiderlin is a defensive midfielder by trade and this good run is an anomale rather than the start of a consistent goal scoring run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

People seem to be forgetting that Schneiderlin is a defensive midfielder by trade and this good run is an anomale rather than the start of a consistent goal scoring run.

I'm getting deja vu. I could swear that I remember hearing that about some other midfielder this time last year, his name escapes me now;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭qwabercd

One thing I would say, considering there was a lot of interest in him and he wanted to leave, he's likely to get his way a bit more and get forward a bit more. Something similiar happened with a DM before, can't remember who though. Could be thinking of fellaini at everton but maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

qwabercd wrote: »
    One thing I would say, considering there was a lot of interest in him and he wanted to leave, he's likely to get his way a bit more and get forward a bit more. Something similiar happened with a DM before, can't remember who though. Could be thinking of fellaini at everton but maybe not.

That's why i got him in a few weeks ago. Once i saw he wasnt sulking i knew he had a point to prove. Might be a def mid but you dont see many def mids curling shots into the top corner like last week. QPR at home up next too after this weekend. Plus only dodgy fixture is Spurs until Nov imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Chadli or Eriksen?

Chadli on good form and scoring goals, yet Eriksen is on set-pieces. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Chadli or Eriksen?

Chadli on good form and scoring goals, yet Eriksen is on set-pieces. Any thoughts?

Chadli. Go with the form player

Any thoughts?

Brought Ulloa in for Bojan...I think he's goin to be a decent one for the season and price will surely go up.

I'll have a look next week at who is the current flavour week and ship Ireland out!

Thanks for the tips!

How are people feeling heading into this GW?

Looking at my team I'm expecting my fall from grace to happen this week but surely most people are in the same boat with most popular players playing away from home. Who'd have thought I'd end up riding the crest of the wave with mostly high-ownership and kinda bandwagon players (for the want of a better phrase). I'd class Pelle and Clyne as those even though even though I had them before they were cool :pac:

Keeping the faith with Mata continues to be my biggest gamble it seems as I look like making no transfer and hoping for the best this weekend to break even. 2 transfers next week, no hits taken at all and still holding my wildcard is absolutely nuts when you consider that we're talking about me :o

There's one player I'm tempted to take a punt on in Mirallas but it doesn't fit my policy of being a "currently" reformed FPL player who plays by all the rules. The fact I don't know who'd I'd even get rid of keeps temptation at bay for now. He's on my radar for after the 2nd international break though.

• Advertisement

Why Mirallas? Big rotation danger, I would have thought!

I'm sticking with Mata for the time being too, some handy fixtures still to come (on paper). The team LVG plays against Chelsea will tell us a lot about who his 1st choicers are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I'm sticking with Mata for the time being too, some handy fixtures still to come (on paper). The team LVG plays against Chelsea will tell us a lot about who his 1st choicers are.

Mirallas has an eye for goal, and has been in good form so far - 2 goals in last 2 and one tonight, 9 goals, 7 assists last season.

I wouldn't see him as a big rotation risk at all, he'd be less of a risk than having spurs midfielders or even say Mata. At 7.4 he's probably a little expensive though considering nasmith is nearly 2m cheaper.

Well in the last 3 PL matches he's played 84,90,90. Scoring 2, 7, 8. He played and scored tonight too. So he's in good form and seems to be free of rotation "right now". Just a feeling I have. Suppressing it for now so that I can be outraged come Sunday evening :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

skippy15 wrote: »
    Can't see any transfer worth doing, will wait and see how Di maria gets on and may get next week-
    Ramsay Moreno and welbeck may be one of next for chopping block-

really think price rises have killed a lot of the skill involved in the game. I don;t seem to follow or be as interested in other years as bandwagons barely even exist, and too many similar teams

It might be an unpopular opinion here but it is not skill.

More like a dedication;)

We do face different challenge this year but if you are skilled enough to pick the right players at the right time you will be fine.

Looking at the websites to find out the price rises / falls is not a skill itself imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Why Mirallas?
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    Mirallas has an eye for goal... 2 goals in last 2 and one tonight....

Ah!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Ah!

Not sure if your being smart or not, but I've seen others use non league matches to take a punt on players - would lad loves Baines for example after last night....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dummett to chambers. Duff was the obvious choice Burnley have only conceded once in 3 and a half games and arsenal have looked dodgy defensively. However I fancy arsenal to get more clean sheets than Burnley moving forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

"No Fernando or Jovetic on Sunday, everyone else ok #mcfc"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Not sure if your being smart or not, but I've seen others use non league matches to take a punt on players - would lad loves Baines for example after last night....
    Sorry, I was more pointing out the "he scored tonight, so he's immediately in my thoughts" aspect (which I think is kneejerk) rather than the non-league aspect (which I agree with)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭GBXI

Well in the last 3 PL matches he's played 84,90,90. Scoring 2, 7, 8. He played and scored tonight too. So he's in good form and seems to be free of rotation "right now". Just a feeling I have. Suppressing it for now so that I can be outraged come Sunday evening :pac:

Mata out, Mirallas in is my transfer this week. Don't like getting rid of Mata but I need one of my mid-fielders at home, and when he's fit Mirallas is a serious player.

Advertisement