Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 5 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sold Debuchy (inj), bought Alderweireld.

Arsenal haven't kept a clean sheet all season and are down to the bare bones so that put me off Chambers. Southmpton have looked solid and have nice fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Shedite27 wrote: »

Arsenal haven't kept a clean sheet all season and are down to the bare bones so that put me off Chambers. Southmpton have looked solid and have nice fixtures.

Chambers is on my watchlist, but I wouldn't get him just yet because of his tonsils and they've a difficult game next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Shedite27 wrote: »

Also sold Debuchy. Had been considering Chambers, but went for Duff from Burnley. So the bank got a healthy boost.

May still use the WC, but wanted to do that transfer incase Debuchy drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Thinking of either Sterling or Ramsey for Di Maria - what do you think?

I have Sterling too but I'm thinking of getting rid of Ramsey. Arsenal are playing terribly. I have exactly enough for Ramsey to Di Maria so think I'll do that

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I thought Mata's performance was poor myself, early signs show Di Maria to be the way to go in that midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Chambers in, Debuchy out. Still have a free transfer left. Villa always find it hard to score at home. Might do Anderweild for Dumett, but already have decent cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did Debuchy to Bertrand, giving Arsenal defence a miss until after they play Spurs and Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Time has come to pull the wildcard out, I think.

Current team is:

Krul - Mannone
    Terry - Debuchy - Coloccini - Wisdom - Vlaar
    Fabregas - Di Maria - Sterling - Sigurdsson - El Ahmadi
    Costa - Rooney - Fletcher

Going to replace the entire defense as well as injured El Ahmadi and under-performing Fletcher, and the resulting team will look something like:

Forster - Hamer
    Clyne - 2 of Wilson/Taylor/Chambers/Blackett - Moore - Hutton
    Fabregas - Di Maria - Ramsey - Sigurdsson - Boyd
    Costa - Rooney - Naismith

.. with 3.8 left in the bank.

I can then switch Rooney to Aguero (avoiding the City-Chelsea clash) and have enough to switch Naismith to Pelle/Welbeck OR keep Rooney (tempted to because I think with Di Maria in he'll be getting a lot more knock-ins) and upgrade Sigurdsson. Having Di Maria and a little spare cash will also allow transfers for Sterling-Ramsey-Silva when ManU have Chelsea and City in weeks 9 and 10.

Anyone care to comment on the defensive options? Leaning towards Wilson and Taylor at the moment.

- Wilson has a decent fixture list (QPR, Newcastle, Sunderland, Swansea, Southampton, WHam)
    - Taylor has (Southampton, Sunderland, Newcastle, Stoke, Leicester, Everton)
    - Blackett has Everton, Chelsea and City in the next 6 games, as well as ManU not looking particularly tight at the back (to say the least).
    - Chambers has Chelsea in week7 and although Arsenal should be winning the others (Aston Villa, Spurs, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley) they look under powered at the back so I'm a little hesitant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    I thought Mata's performance was poor myself, early signs show Di Maria to be the way to go in that midfield.

I dunno. Yes Di Maria is the spark which has shown signs of revitalising the United midfield, however if they do start to perform as an attacking force again I think Mata could well prosper from is FPL wise more than Di Maria. When ADM goes on his penetrating dribbles Mata will be getting into the box. As you say, he didnt play that brilliantly at the weekend but he got in scoring positions and got a goal.

My only concern would be whether United will play both Mata and Di Maria all the time, i.e. against better sides than QPR. Mata could be benched in bigger games, but only time will tell if he'll be the one to lose out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Nichololas wrote: »

Current team is:

Krul - Mannone

Going to replace the entire defense as well as injured El Ahmadi and under-performing Fletcher, and the resulting team will look something like:

Forster - Hamer

I can then switch Rooney to Aguero (avoiding the City-Chelsea clash) and have enough to switch Naismith to Pelle/Welbeck OR keep Rooney (tempted to because I think with Di Maria in he'll be getting a lot more knock-ins) and upgrade Sigurdsson. Having Di Maria and a little spare cash will also allow transfers for Sterling-Ramsey-Silva when ManU have Chelsea and City in weeks 9 and 10.

Anyone care to comment on the defensive options? Leaning towards Wilson and Taylor at the moment.

- Wilson has a decent fixture list (QPR, Newcastle, Sunderland, Swansea, Southampton, WHam)
    - Blackett has Everton, Chelsea and City in the next 6 games, as well as ManU not looking particularly tight at the back (to say the least).
    - Chambers has Chelsea in week7 and although Arsenal should be winning the others (Aston Villa, Spurs, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley) they look under powered at the back so I'm a little hesitant.

You're mental to change that first team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Current team is:

Krul - Mannone

Forster - Hamer

It's a very good post, you seem to know your own mind and have made excellent arguments for everyone. But i would say that a four point hit is all that's required in the short term and you'd get away without even that. That wildcard could be gold later on in the year

It's a very good post, you seem to know your own mind and have made excellent arguments for everyone. But i would say that a four point hit is all that's required in the short term and you'd get away without even that. That wildcard could be gold later on in the year

Yeah I'm in a similar situation. 3 transfers will have me very close to the team I would have if I used the WC. Made one of those already this week. So a 4 point hit next week could sort it out for me. I fully agree that the WC could be a lot more valuable later in the season than in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

You're mental to change that first team

I think last year I waited too long to use the wildcard and by the time I did use it I'd passed on better opportunities to use it, so maybe I'm overcompensating a little yeah. At the moment I have 3 injuries, 1 underperformer and 2 too many Newcastle players, which I've lost faith in.

Good point, I've been quite focused on who to change to shore up the team that I haven't considered this option fully.. Newcastle have Hull at home this week so Fletcher/Debuchy to Naismith/Clyne would tide me over the next couple weeks ..

Already planning to wait and see the champions league outcomes, but will take these comments into consideration before pulling the trigger on it. Cheers guys!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

Chambers is on my watchlist, but I wouldn't get him just yet because of his tonsils and they've a difficult game next week.

Arsenal backline looks good from GW8 on.

It's quiet in here today. I think alot of people must be happy with their teams judging from the amount making boring transfers like changing a defender to Duff. I'm going to save mine.

This Arsenal start can't carry on - as has been said, they'll sort it out sooner than later

Pipjam wrote: »

It's quiet in here today. I think alot of people must be happy with their teams judging from the amount making boring transfers like changing a defender to Duff. I'm going to save mine.

There's probably a few other players I could do with switching, but Debuchy injured means that's a priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

And just to emphasise that point, now that my CL players have emerged unscathed, it's Dummett to Duff. Or Duffett to Dumm. Or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Can't see any transfer worth doing, will wait and see how Di maria gets on and may get next week-
    Ramsay Moreno and welbeck may be one of next for chopping block-

really think price rises have killed a lot of the skill involved in the game. I don;t seem to follow or be as interested in other years as bandwagons barely even exist, and too many similar teams

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

skippy15 wrote: »
    Can't see any transfer worth doing, will wait and see how Di maria gets on and may get next week-
    Ramsay Moreno and welbeck may be one of next for chopping block-

really think price rises have killed a lot of the skill involved in the game. I don;t seem to follow or be as interested in other years as bandwagons barely even exist, and too many similar teams

We're only approaching GW5 yet, about this time last year 5 at the back still seemed viable and favourable!

Bandwagons will come and go and prices will still fall and rise. ADM is already 0.2 costlier than last week. Teams always seem similar especially after prime wildcard times, the skill is having the right differentials to complement the core.

The key to the game is the ability to adapt. The sooner the better if not before it even happens. We have to adapt and if more "casuals" stick around we have to use our skills to overcome them. It's early days yet, everything will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

My Liverpool supporting housemate has suggested Manquillo as a good signing.. 5.0, guaranteed starter indefinitely, likes to get forward. Liverpool defence has looked Ropey but worth having a look

• Advertisement

My Liverpool supporting housemate has suggested Manquillo as a good signing.. 5.0, guaranteed starter indefinitely, likes to get forward. Liverpool defence has looked Ropey but worth having a look

Can't see Flanagan not starting at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Looking to get in a southampton defender for Debuchy, who would be the best call, for getting forward now and again and maybe getting an odd goal or assist???

Thanos wrote: »
    Looking to get in a southampton defender for Debuchy, who would be the best call, for getting forward now and again and maybe getting an odd goal or assist???

Valuewise Bertrand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I think last year I waited too long to use the wildcard and by the time I did use it I'd passed on better opportunities to use it, so maybe I'm overcompensating a little yeah. At the moment I have 3 injuries, 1 underperformer and 2 too many Newcastle players, which I've lost faith in.

Good point, I've been quite focused on who to change to shore up the team that I haven't considered this option fully.. Newcastle have Hull at home this week so Fletcher/Debuchy to Naismith/Clyne would tide me over the next couple weeks ..

Already planning to wait and see the champions league outcomes, but will take these comments into consideration before pulling the trigger on it. Cheers guys!

El Ahmadi isn't injured by the way, he returned to Feyenoord.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Did Ramsey to Di Maria this morning.

Falcao has to start.

Liverpool still looking dodgy at the back so might look to take Moreno out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Did Ramsey to Di Maria this morning.

Falcao has to start.

Liverpool still looking dodgy at the back so might look to take Moreno out next week.

Moreno is a threat. Just look at how high up the pitch he plays against weaker opposition. When Sturridge is back Moreno will clock up a few assists IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

ab30767c3d55340758652b6f2de13aa3.png

Any changes ye'd make lads? Might bank the free transfer too..

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Should have done that transfer yesterday :(... Lost £0.1m... Damn :mad:!

I think FPL should stop changing the game every year, it's annoyingly tiring :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Neoulous wrote: »
    I think FPL should stop changing the game every year, it's annoyingly tiring :rolleyes:...

100% agree with this.

IMO the best price changes system by far was the one they were using 2 or 3 years ago (well definitely the one they were using before they changed the website).

Just a simple thing such as the weighting factor on price changes (twice the NTI/NTO for the second rise/fall, thrice for the third, etc...) was making the game far more interesting.

Last year fastness of price fluctuations was extremely ridiculous. The biggest part of the game was checking price changes :rolleyes:. And in saying that I do realise that I took advantage of this system a lot getting my best (~ 1.5k) finish ever and winning a few money leagues.
    This year they reverted to the extreme opposite. WC transfers are not included in price changes making them crawling slowly, bar the occasional bandwagon. Ridiculous either.

The system I'm advocating for was a happy medium. With a lot more common sense me think. As the saying says "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Must not be the FPL guys opinion :rolleyes:...

• Advertisement

Any CL injuries or doubts of note?

Advertisement