Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 5 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

does anyonne know the story with martin kelly of palacE? played t90 mins of the first three games but didnt feature this week, should i keep him or ditch for another 4.5??

i think we are approaching the stage of a lot of teams having the same core of their team.. looking for a few differentials now.. not sure about ramsey long term

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Warnock is back in charge there. He seems to prefer Mariappa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭larchielads

qwabercd wrote: »
    2 villa defenders is a bit crazy. 3 united attackers is more than a bit crazy.

Well gonna try not play the 2 villa lads at the same time and im hopin utd kick on from sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Did 1 very boring transfer:o
    Aston Villa defender out - Burnley defender in.

Wildcard still available if something happens during the Champions League games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

G1032 wrote: »
    This cheapie defense I have is all well and good until I get what I got this week......

5 defenders...
    Clyne 6 points
    Van Aanholt 0 points
    Wisdom 0 points
    Coloccini 0 points
    Robertson 0 points

I can forget about bringing in the likes of Di Maria etc until this gets sorted

Chambers looks like an option for a transfer this week. What a mess.

Duff and Moore got me 14 points between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Pipjam wrote: »
    Duff and Moore got me 14 points between them.

Me too...but they were on the bench. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Fatty Magoo

Does anyone have any idea who would likely get dropped from the Aston Villa defense when Vlaar comes back in....?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Does anyone have any idea who would likely get dropped from the Aston Villa defense when Vlaar comes back in....?

baker

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

does anyonne know the story with martin kelly of palacE? played t90 mins of the first three games but didnt feature this week, should i keep him or ditch for another 4.5??

i think we are approaching the stage of a lot of teams having the same core of their team.. looking for a few differentials now.. not sure about ramsey long term

Me neither. Walcott in a couple of GW's might be a good alternative and more of a differential? Good fixtures from GW8, have my eye on him for then

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

8-10 wrote: »
    Me neither. Walcott in a couple of GW's might be a good alternative and more of a differential? Good fixtures from GW8, have my eye on him for then

I'm thinking Silva in for Ramsey soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Really tempted to wildcard. Have already lost 0.1 on Jones. Can see Debuchy dropping (though I would probably make that transfer tonight to avoid a drop). But also worried about Cahill dropping too.

Current team is:

Krul - Elliott

Jones - Debuchy - Cahill - Moore - Van Aanholt

Ramsey - Siggy - Fabregas - Sterling - Eriksen

Costa - Naismith - Adebayor

Looking at changing to:

Forster - Elliott

Evans - Chambers - Moore - Duff - Wilson/Van Aanholt

Siggy - Fabregas - Sterling - Di Maria - Boyd

Costa - Aguero - Welbeck

Bank: 1.0m.

So essentially I would be downgrading my defence to get in Aguero and Di Maria. The only thing is, apart from Debuchy and Jones, I don't have any injuries. Could dump Debuchy for anyone 5.9 or under. There's not too many of my players that are badly under performing (Eriksen got a stay of execution with his goal this week). Cahill is probably the main one. Maybe Krul.

Every single week so far has been OK. Not good, not a disaster! So I've held onto the WC. Scored 61 points last week (despite not captaining Costa).

So, yay or nay?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

wonski wrote: »
    Did 1 very boring transfer:o
    Aston Villa defender out - Burnley defender in.

Wildcard still available if something happens during the Champions League games.

Was there a reason for you doing this so early in the week. Is there some price changes afoot in those defences?
    I'm having the typical week after a disastrous performance where I just ignore all goings on for a few days. I haven't a clue what I'll do later in the week. Still haven't got Costa back but I'm wondering is he worth a hit with that fixture. My defence may be more pressing this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Was there a reason for you doing this so early in the week. Is there some price changes afoot in those defences?
    I'm having the typical week after a disastrous performance where I just ignore all goings on for a few days. I haven't a clue what I'll do later in the week. Still haven't got Costa back but I'm wondering is he worth a hit with that fixture. My defence may be more pressing this week.

Was worried of a price rise. Duff was mentioned by few posters by now.

They don't play midweek so I should be fine. I wouldn't bring any CL players early, though. Too risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

wonski wrote: »
    Was worried of a price rise. Duff was mentioned by few posters by now.

They don't play midweek so I should be fine. I wouldn't bring any CL players early, though. Too risky.

I'm no expert but I reckon that kind of early week activity for players who will be on your bench 4 weeks out of 5 is the kind of stuff that will bite you on the backside throughout the season and force you into taking regular unnecessary hits. Just friendly advice, not a criticism:)

You're doing well so far this season? (think I saw it on another thread) Don't overthink it early in the week.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm also thinking of waiting till the following week for costa. Despite only getting 40 pts last week I'm thinking of making no transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Which one should I chose - Sterling, Chadli or Eriksen??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

With Champions League and Europa League kicking off proper it could make things messy for a little while. It should also bring clarity within a week or two when we see how serious managers are taking both Europe and the League and what players are playing in what competitions.

As of now I'm not looking at making a transfer this week but it's only Tuesday yet so going with Murphys Law I'll probably be on a hit by Friday

I'm also thinking of waiting till the following week for costa. Despite only getting 40 pts last week I'm thinking of making no transfers.

Just a quick note that Costa is currently leading the FFS captaincy vote on 404 votes, ahead of Rooney and Di Maria.
    It seems that people believe we have the new Ronaldo/Suarez who they'll captain every week.

I can see the thought process behind it though. City have one clean sheet and that was against Newcastle who are toothless up front.

Just a quick note that Costa is currently leading the FFS captaincy vote on 404 votes, ahead of Rooney and Di Maria.
    It seems that people believe we have the new Ronaldo/Suarez who they'll captain every week.

I can see the thought process behind it though. City have one clean sheet and that was against Newcastle who are toothless up front.

Costa being the main captaincy choice is what's worrying me and would be the main reason I'd get him in this week rather than next.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Is Debuchy confirmed out lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭dahat

frimpong wrote: »
    Is Debuchy confirmed out lads?

Yep, 3 months.

Costa being the main captaincy choice is what's worrying me and would be the main reason I'd get him in this week rather than next.

I expected Rooney to be and have both but I'm edging towards Costa now.

The jury is still out on United for me and Leicester look handy at the back.

I expected Rooney to be and have both but I'm edging towards Costa now.

The jury is still out on United for me and Leicester look handy at the back.

I'll be making Ade capt but may get in costa incase it goes wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I'll be making Ade capt but may get in costa incase it goes wrong

best get Costa so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Worth holding onto Mata after his weekend goal and performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭G1032

Worth selling Ramsey and getting Di Maria?
    Ramsey and Arsenal not playing well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

G1032 wrote: »
    Worth selling Ramsey and getting Di Maria?
    Ramsey and Arsenal not playing well

Thinking of either Sterling or Ramsey for Di Maria - what do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Worth holding onto Mata after his weekend goal and performance?
    You've answered your own question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Nib wrote: »
    You've answered your own question.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Thinking of either Sterling or Ramsey for Di Maria - what do you think?

i had the same issue. picked ramsey to dump

Advertisement