Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Into Season 6 in my Southampton save.

Back to back FA Cup wins in Season 4 & 5 and delivered the CL last season as well (just as well considering I finished 5th in the league and the board expected a title challenge)

Can't touch Chelsea in the league though. I've finished 2nd once and 3rd twice but Chelsea have won 5 in a row, last year the league was wrapped up after 29 games.

Their league record last season

P38 W30 D5 L3

Goals For 108
    Goals Against 33
    Goal Difference 75
    Points 95

The year before
    P38 W28 D9 L1

Goals For 101
    Goals Against 38
    Goal Difference 63
    Points 93

Nobody else is getting close to them either, beyond frustrating :(

10 games into Season 6 and they're 8 points off the pace with United out in front maybe a change at last.

ooooh, takeover of Chelsea just gone through with talk of Mourinho being replaced.

Mike Ashley at the head of the consortium :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

After a bad start to the season, my Reggina have powered their way back up the table to 3rd. I really need to keep the Champions League Football. We topped the CL group in our first ever appearance. A table which included Barcelona and Galatasaray. I knocked out Zenit in the first knockout round and Dortmund are up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Colemania wrote: »
    Are you playing FM14 as per it's last official update or did you download the unofficial transfer update? I'm using one that updated the transfers up to September 2014 and United are tearing away with the league scoring 4-5 goals a game and rarely conceding in the league. He made them WAY too good!

Last official update I believe, just picked up on my old save again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Last official update I believe, just picked up on my old save again.

Oh ok. Who are the best young players to buy in this version? I know players like kane, will hughes and Alli probably aren't so good in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Can someone recommend me a good "skin" for FM15? The default one is starting to annoy me. Its very clunky or something and I don't find it that simple to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Oh ok. Who are the best young players to buy in this version? I know players like kane, will hughes and Alli probably aren't so good in it

I've managed Salthill, Lousada and Berwick Rangers, I am a long way from working with the best of anything unfortunately. :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Can someone recommend me a good "skin" for FM15? The default one is starting to annoy me. Its very clunky or something and I don't find it that simple to navigate.

The general consensus " best skin" I found from communities is "Scorpio". I installed it last night and to be honest amn't exactly overly impressed. It lets you customise the player screen a bit to show the stuff you want to see, but its pretty dark and doesn't really seem that great.

I'll be reverting back to default tonight.

Would love to see other peoples recommendations though.

I'm still on the hunt for a good play facepack also, have found some but they go through like 15 pages of links and click this link and wait 30 seconds etc. that it just pissed me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I got a good Face pack doc. Was 7gigs though. I'll send you the link later if I can

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Do face packs and skins not just slow the game down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I tried the Helvetica one. Not too bad so far
    http://www.fmscout.com/a-helveticalite-light-skin-fm15.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,226 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I had this problem when I had the game and facepacks stored on a HDD, but I moved all my FM stuff over to an SSD and the packs don't cause a problem anymore.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Signed Torres during the summer between second and third season, free transfer, thinking he'd be a decent 4th striker.

0 goals in 7 games, getting ready to dump him at Xmas....

Losing 3-0 to Arsenal at half time, Kane hurts himself, so on comes Torres.

Scores 2 goals, and bags 2 assists, final score 3-4 O_o

Man is a savior....

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I run my games of an SSD so can't say I notice any slowdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

So was doing all right in my stoke game. Floating around 10/11th in the league until Christmas.

Was having a read online and came across a tactic that was supposed to be good that was fairly similar to mine. Just one or two different instructions so I set them and I have won every game since. Beat spurs 4 nil away from home and I am up to 6th at the end of January. Feel a bit like I am cheating but I did get beat by Everton in the last game I played. Will stick with it for another while and see how the season pans out

Oh and the two South Americans with no work permits have been a disaster. To get to to agree terms I offered them high wages. Now I am stuck with them. Cant sell them, cant play them and can only loan them out to South American clubs who will only pay 20% of their wages. Between fees and wages I reckon Ive cost the club 15 million on two players who wont ever play a single game. Sackable offence if you ask me!

The only plus is the other South American I bought who did get a work permit. He was a 19 year old central defender who cost me 10 million. He is a rock at the back and should turn out to be one of the best center backs in the PL. Can see him leaving eventually but I should get a massive fee for him

jonny666 wrote: »
    So was doing all right in my stoke game. Floating around 10/11th in the league until Christmas.

Was having a read online and came across a tactic that was supposed to be good that was fairly similar to mine. Just one or two different instructions so I set them and I have won every game since. Beat spurs 4 nil away from home and I am up to 6th at the end of January. Feel a bit like I am cheating but I did get beat by Everton in the last game I played. Will stick with it for another while and see how the season pans out

Oh and the two South Americans with no work permits have been a disaster. To get to to agree terms I offered them high wages. Now I am stuck with them. Cant sell them, cant play them and can only loan them out to South American clubs who will only pay 20% of their wages. Between fees and wages I reckon Ive cost the club 15 million on two players who wont ever play a single game. Sackable offence if you ask me!

The only plus is the other South American I bought who did get a work permit. He was a 19 year old central defender who cost me 10 million. He is a rock at the back and should turn out to be one of the best center backs in the PL. Can see him leaving eventually but I should get a massive fee for him

Any idea on their names yet?

Oh feck I forgot to post them. Sorry. Il do it tonight when I'm home.

The guy who did get a permits name is something like Manama. That's def not the correct spelling tho.

The two no work permit south americans were

Milton Casco a 27 year old left back
    Leonel Di Placido a 21 year old right back

The guy who did work out was Emanuel Mammana. Hes a center back. Only 19 and he is already in my first team and on a par with Shawcross. Cost me 10 million

I still needed two full backs so I am going after this guy Baba Rahman from Augsburg. They wanted 48million but I offered only 7. He threw a strop and have accepted a 12million bid. Potential to be a leading PL player. Speaks english. Good at adapting to another country. And wages prob below 50K

jonny666 wrote: »
    The two no work permit south americans were

Milton Casco a 27 year old left back
    Leonel Di Placido a 21 year old right back

The guy who did work out was Emanuel Mammana. Hes a center back. Only 19 and he is already in my first team and on a par with Shawcross. Cost me 10 million

I still needed two full backs so I am going after this guy Baba Rahman from Augsburg. They wanted 48million but I offered only 7. He threw a strop and have accepted a 12million bid. Potential to be a leading PL player. Speaks english. Good at adapting to another country. And wages prob below 50K

Of all the above I've only heard of Rahman. Will be interesting how he turns out.

Third season going grand with Spurs.

Glad I hung onto Erikson; he's a beast now, though wants to move if I don't get CL football this year. Mitrovic is nowhere near as good as last season, but still is top of the goal scoring charts....but has just taken himself out for the rest of the season, so looks like that's not going to continue.

A blessing in disguise though; Barbosa, Kane and Erikson might not be scoring 30 goals a season individually but they seem to score a tonne as a trio, no one standing out but preforming magnificently together. Couldn't justify dropping Mitrovic for Kane but with no choice now, I won't be crying.

Into the semifinals of the FA Cup, Quarters of the Europa league and 4th in the league. Had a real slow start in the league as I started to blood in a tonne of kids (Barbosa, Oodegard, Alli, Bentalab, Scuffet all are first team players now) but they are all dominating now, and I look to have the first team near set up for the next 7 or 8 seasons :P

• Advertisement

The Europe League is crazy this season for me; after knocking out Atletico in the first knockout round, I got Monaco in the next (who had just knocked out Bayern). After beating them, I got an "easy" drawing of Newcastle, avoiding Real, Barcelona and Man City :confused:

The **** happened in the Champions League this season!

Of all the above I've only heard of Rahman. Will be interesting how he turns out.

I am a bit worried about how soon after I made a bid he threw a strop. I can see the same happening in a year or two

Have to say while I'm really enjoying playing the new FM15, I miss the 00/01 version taht was kept updated by the community. Was brilliant to play via remote access, FM15 just shows a black screen anytime I try play remotely :'(

My current United side at the moment looking pretty strong, I'd say this summer will probably be grabbing some backups for Shaw and Rafael. Zouma joining in the summer to accompany Balantia( always spell his name wrong)

De Gea
    Rafael---Jones---Balantia---Shaw
    Romero

Kovacic
    Tielmanns
    ---Januzaj
    Depay
    Rikovic

Subs: Perrera, Herrera,Rojo,Blind,Neves, Jovic, Di Maria, Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just been sacked from United in my 4th season for losing the dressing room. Took over Hull who are 18th with 30 games to go .

Ah. Lloris has asked for a transfer. Not surprised, Scuffet is 10 years younger and has been a rock for the last six months, so Lloris wasn't getting a game in.

Still, I was surprised when PSG agreed to pay 32m spread over 1 year for Lloris. :eek: Plenty of cash then to get a new back up keeper in though.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ah. Lloris has asked for a transfer. Not surprised, Scuffet is 10 years younger and has been a rock for the last six months, so Lloris wasn't getting a game in.

Still, I was surprised when PSG agreed to pay 32m spread over 1 year for Lloris. :eek: Plenty of cash then to get a new back up keeper in though.

Thats a great bit of transfer business!

Iago wrote: »
    Into Season 6 in my Southampton save.

Back to back FA Cup wins in Season 4 & 5 and delivered the CL last season as well (just as well considering I finished 5th in the league and the board expected a title challenge)

Can't touch Chelsea in the league though. I've finished 2nd once and 3rd twice but Chelsea have won 5 in a row, last year the league was wrapped up after 29 games.

Their league record last season

P38 W30 D5 L3

Goals For 108
    Goals Against 33
    Goal Difference 75
    Points 95

The year before
    P38 W28 D9 L1

Goals For 101
    Goals Against 38
    Goal Difference 63
    Points 93

Nobody else is getting close to them either, beyond frustrating :(

10 games into Season 6 and they're 8 points off the pace with United out in front maybe a change at last.
    Iago wrote: »
    ooooh, takeover of Chelsea just gone through with talk of Mourinho being replaced.

Mike Ashley at the head of the consortium :D

Groundhog day...

Mourinho wasn't sacked and Chelsea win the league with 84 points (I finished 2nd with 82 points)

Really got hammered with fixture congestion, as a result of cup games I finished with 4 games in 8 days in the league.

Looks like I start again in season 7!

End of season 3.

Lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup Final. Newcastle knocked me out of the Europa league. And 4th in the Premier League.

Given how I'm not great at the game, I'll take it; next season, a lot of my kids should be better, and getting CL football should help a bit too. Transfer budgets are staying ridiculously low though.

Need a back up striker. A 35 year old Zlatan cannot be passed up, despite his age. Signings like him are why I play :P

Mitrovic came second in top scorers (21 to Berahino's 23). Not bad considering he missed two months. But I'm sick of his constant moaning about training so going to cash in on him.

Final tally in the league; 100 goals scored, 68 conceded. So same scored as Season 2, but 8 less conceded. Improvement!!! Erikson picked up "Most Assists" for a second straight season, and both he and Otamendi were in the top 4 highest rated players.

EDIT: Sigh.

Pereyra, Walker and Coentrao are throwing a fit because Lloris was sold. He hadn't played for a good 5 months, and I got way over his value, but still, toys out of pram. Monaco have agreed to a 40m deal for Pereyra, a player I got on a free transfer, so **** it, off he goes.

In good news, Aguero is interested in joining O_O City came in 7th and he wants out, so need to build funds quickly to get that deal done....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    End of season 3.

Lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup Final. Newcastle knocked me out of the Europa league. And 4th in the Premier League.

Given how I'm not great at the game, I'll take it; next season, a lot of my kids should be better, and getting CL football should help a bit too. Transfer budgets are staying ridiculously low though.

Need a back up striker. A 35 year old Zlatan cannot be passed up, despite his age. Signings like him are why I play :P

Mitrovic came second in top scorers (21 to Berahino's 23). Not bad considering he missed two months. But I'm sick of his constant moaning about training so going to cash in on him.

Final tally in the league; 100 goals scored, 68 conceded. So same scored as Season 2, but 8 less conceded. Improvement!!! Erikson picked up "Most Assists" for a second straight season, and both he and Otamendi were in the top 4 highest rated players.

EDIT: Sigh.

Pereyra, Walker and Coentrao are throwing a fit because Lloris was sold. He hadn't played for a good 5 months, and I got way over his value, but still, toys out of pram. Monaco have agreed to a 40m deal for Pereyra, a player I got on a free transfer, so **** it, off he goes.

In good news, Aguero is interested in joining O_O City came in 7th and he wants out, so need to build funds quickly to get that deal done....

Love signing current and former world class players when they're getting old and are released or transfer listed for a tiny fee. I remember in fm08 with about 6 or 7 seasons played and i signed an aging Michael Owen. Was hopeless but that's beside the point :P

Playing fm14 now and signing anelka in January from his Indian team for 30k

• Advertisement

I remember Dennis Bergkamp retired in a version I was playing, and I offered him a role as assistant manager. He snubbed Arsenal and came to me, and we dominated Europe together for many a happy year :)

Advertisement