Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hahha Fellaini and stoke

Match made in heaven:)

So eventually decided last night to start a new save and the team I picked was ............... Wolves. They seem to pretty low expectations and a decent sellable squad with some good players there that should at least get me into top six, I set up my main tactic I'm going with a 4231 formation and I changed around my coaching staff. First player I've signed is Wilson on season long loan for united in going to they get a few of the well known youngsters in if any will join just to get me started and something to build on.
    My first team chat went pretty well I said I thought we could achieve a respectable position and they all thought I was raving mad and lost moral haha. Gonna be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

TheDoc wrote: »
    Was alerted by one of my scouts that Patrick Roberts from Fulham was transfer listed. His agent then alerts me as it's someone I've been tracking. Listed after a massive bust up with the manager. Valued at 10m in my game, put in a 4m bid, accepted :D
    )

He's a cracking buy, have him in my Man Utd save, scores some fantastic goals and rates very well in any game I play him.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Has anyone started a non league save, as in below conference? I did last night and did random start and am managing London lions in South Midlands League Div 1! I have no transfer budget and My wage budget is £1200 I think!
    Any player recommendations? ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Pic attached, no idea why this has happened but not complaining, January spree awaits! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Transfer window at the start of Season 7 is finished.

[x] Highest Spender
    [x] Most Players Bought

Sold £101m worth of players (19 players)

Signed £117m worth of players (14 players, 3 of whom were free transfers including Mario Goetze)

Although the £117m is really closer to £225m when potential clauses are included

Did a lot of moving around to try and sign a wonderkid but ultimately ended up short on Money for him and missed out :(

Will have to make do with what I've got and get them playing as a team

Season7Transfers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

jayo26 wrote: »
    Match made in heaven:)

He got sent off a couple of matches in!

jonny666 wrote: »
    He got sent off a couple of matches in!

Can you ask him to use his elbows less :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

jayo26 wrote: »
    Can you ask him to use his elbows less :)

Nope but looks like Ive been getting friendly with a pig!

Cxsnr4H.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

zefer wrote: »
    Has anyone started a non league save, as in below conference? I did last night and did random start and am managing London lions in South Midlands League Div 1! I have no transfer budget and My wage budget is £1200 I think!
    Any player recommendations? ðŸ˜႒

Non contracts. U can prob go up to 30 a game. They are a god send

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Downloading this tonight after reading keanes second book today, talking about transfers etc! I'll prob run teams simultaneously!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Keep forgetting to post pics on here.

I finished my second season with United last night. League champions, FA Cup winners and league cup winners to wrap up a treble. Knocked out of CL to Bayern in round of 16 which was disappointing.

Stand out player was Memphis Depay again playing as an Inside Forward from the left. Januzaj stepped up his development big time, but seems so injury prone. Chico finished as my top goalscorer, with Zickovic bagging 20+ himself as second choice. Luka Jovic came in with a great goal to game ratio as third choice being broken in.

Through the season I promoted Youri Tielmanns as my no.1 AMC and he hasn't disappointed. His development has skyrocketed. I'm a big stacked in that position. I've signed Patrick Roberts from Fulham, I've Ander Herrera who I'm redeploying from MC to AMC, and I've also got Di Maria and Mata who have excelled there.

I think this season coming I'll place Di Maria on the right wing, with Mata and Januzaj playing as backup for Depay and Di Maria. I've Dorian Rotariu also who is coming along nicely.

I've though about selling Hererra twice, so that might be an inclination that I need to shift him to capitalise on his value. Feel guilty though to shift a guy who has done so well for me for two seaons, but now I look a bit stacked in the CM area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Keep forgetting to post pics on here.

I finished my second season with United last night. League champions, FA Cup winners and league cup winners to wrap up a treble. Knocked out of CL to Bayern in round of 16 which was disappointing.

Stand out player was Memphis Depay again playing as an Inside Forward from the left. Januzaj stepped up his development big time, but seems so injury prone. Chico finished as my top goalscorer, with Zickovic bagging 20+ himself as second choice. Luka Jovic came in with a great goal to game ratio as third choice being broken in.

Through the season I promoted Youri Tielmanns as my no.1 AMC and he hasn't disappointed. His development has skyrocketed. I'm a big stacked in that position. I've signed Patrick Roberts from Fulham, I've Ander Herrera who I'm redeploying from MC to AMC, and I've also got Di Maria and Mata who have excelled there.

I think this season coming I'll place Di Maria on the right wing, with Mata and Januzaj playing as backup for Depay and Di Maria. I've Dorian Rotariu also who is coming along nicely.

I've though about selling Hererra twice, so that might be an inclination that I need to shift him to capitalise on his value. Feel guilty though to shift a guy who has done so well for me for two seaons, but now I look a bit stacked in the CM area.

Sell on Mata. Surely you'll get a good deal for him. How are his stats the last few seasons? If he hasn't played much he mightn't fetch a big price but it'd be a big wage off the wage bill

Colemania wrote: »
    Sell on Mata. Surely you'll get a good deal for him. How are his stats the last few seasons? If he hasn't played much he mightn't fetch a big price but it'd be a big wage off the wage bill

Oddly enough his stats are good and he actually is probably on par with Di Maria. Di Maria keeps landing league awards and fan awards and I'm not sure why to be frank. In comparison with Mata like.

Probably just need to make a tough decision, he is valued at around 35m at the moment, so it would be a nice intake and clear some of my wagebill, while keeping plenty of options in my wide areas and centrally.

Oddly enough his stats are good and he actually is probably on par with Di Maria. Di Maria keeps landing league awards and fan awards and I'm not sure why to be frank. In comparison with Mata like.

Probably just need to make a tough decision, he is valued at around 35m at the moment, so it would be a nice intake and clear some of my wagebill, while keeping plenty of options in my wide areas and centrally.

Ya especially with all the CAMs you have, I'd cash in and bring in a world class player in a position you need someone in. What year are you in on the game now? Any positions you need someone in?

Ya especially with all the CAMs you have, I'd cash in and bring in a world class player in a position you need someone in. What year are you in on the game now? Any positions you need someone in?

I've just completed my second season.

Really wish I was at home to share some pics. but sure ****it we will do a run through (might be some serious mispellings here haha)

GK
    Obviously have De Gea. I also have promoted Joel Perrera and have him going out on shirt term loans. Ben Amos fills in when Joel out on loan. Perrera looks like he could be a longterm, high quality no.1. So I'm sorted in this department.

LB
    Shaw is my number one and can be filled in by Rojo or Blind. Feel fine here.

RB
    Rafael my first choice and I took Micah Richards on a free last summer as cover. Sold Valencia for 20m. Richards doing well to be fair, but feel I could maybe improve here. But don't feel I need to immediately.

CB
    Jones and Balantia are my main pair. Rojo a solid backup. However that is it. McNair Blackett etc. I'm farming out on loan. Signed Kurt Zouma in January to come in now in the summer. So happy with my four CB's.

DM
    Neves was my standout here, but I also have Lucas Romero and Daley Blind. Moving Neves to be a CM, so feel fine with Romero and Blind.

CM
    Herrera was operating here last two seasons. Brought it Kovacic from Inter for a big fee, and he feels an upgrade. Am moving Neves into training for this central mid position as backup. So feel good here.

AMC
    Mata and Di Maria were my main men here last year. Promoted Tielmanns this season to AMC and havn't looked back. I also have Patrick Roberts coming on board, so with Tielmanns, Di Maria, Mata, Stuart and Herrera I feel stacked here. Could probably sell two in reality.

Inside Forward Right
    Januzaj been my main man here but gets injured frequently. I've Dorian Rotariu developing nicely, and Mata and Di Maria supplement my wide areas.

Inside Forward left
    Memphis Depay is my no.1 here and won't be replaced. Animal. Di Maria and Mata can fill this slot if needed.

Striker
    I play a deep lying forward and have at present Javier Hernandez, Ricardo Zikovic and Luka Jovic. Chico was my top scorer, Ricardo not far behind with 25+ which was class for second choice. Jovic chipped in with a fantastic return also . I feel strong here. The temptation is to sell Chico at 27 yrs of age and capitalise on his current value. Then I either promote Zikovic to no.1 or buy a world class striker. Luciano Vietto, Paulo Dybala and Lewandowski I've been monitoring.

Problem I guess is I feel attachment to some players, feel strong everywhere, and don't see where I can get a massive upgrade. The CM position confuses me a little as I sometimes struggle to see what value my players there are bringing. I'll post some screens tonight that might give better indication.

Gun to my head, I'd sell Herrera and Mata now to gain a cool €80m, with no real requirement for investment. A big splurge would feel luxury more then neccessity.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mata always develops into a beast when I play as United, and was my top scorer twice in 6 seasons over 2 games. But yeah, the AMC problem always arises with me and United games; last time, I eventually dropped Mata cause Januzaj was just better, but Mata then went off to Real and was a big player for them :/

I could also look into a formation change ahead of the coming season.

A 4-2-3-1 might fit the bill. I've been using a kinda 4-1-4-1 for the last two seasons and has served me so well. The story I've linked to a few times, the guy there has a 4-2-3-1 I really want to have a go with. He get's amazing return from the three he plays behind the striker.

I suppose it will still leave me a bit stacked in the midfield, mostly AMC area. I'd probably take Di Maria out of the equation as he is for me most devastating out wide. But that still leaves Tielmanns, Herrera, Mata and now Patrick Roberts( had to edit last two posts seeing I called him Patrick Stuart)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I could also look into a formation change ahead of the coming season.

A 4-2-3-1 might fit the bill. I've been using a kinda 4-1-4-1 for the last two seasons and has served me so well. The story I've linked to a few times, the guy there has a 4-2-3-1 I really want to have a go with. He get's amazing return from the three he plays behind the striker.

I suppose it will still leave me a bit stacked in the midfield, mostly AMC area. I'd probably take Di Maria out of the equation as he is for me most devastating out wide. But that still leaves Tielmanns, Herrera, Mata and now Patrick Roberts( had to edit last two posts seeing I called him Patrick Stuart)

Pat Roberts is tearing it up for me in the Raumdateur (sp) role from AML for Fulham, hoping to hold onto him for the long term but in other games big teams seem to snap him up.

Pat Roberts is tearing it up for me in the Raumdateur (sp) role from AML for Fulham, hoping to hold onto him for the long term but in other games big teams seem to snap him up.

Yeah I was monitoring him all season but wasn't really eager to buy. Then I got alerted he was transfer listed after Fulham were relegated so snapped him up. Chelsea, Arsenal and City were all interested so it was nearly a "take him from them" type scenario, but I'm sure I can work him in.

Oddly he his morale is in the toilet after he was upset at being sold due to relegation, youd think he'd be chuffed the back to back champions signed him...

• Advertisement

Maybe try get Montoya for right back? Is he still at barca? He may be starting for them in your game if dani Alves is declining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Anyone any recommendations for shamrock rovers? First time managing a small side and tryin to get a few signings in, they were 7th after 19 games when I took over.

Also bought benzia and Bakkalli for united has anyone one ever come across them? And if so how they turn out?

Maybe try get Montoya for right back? Is he still at barca? He may be starting for them in your game if dani Alves is declining.

Will check him out.

Sirsok wrote: »
    Anyone any recommendations for shamrock rovers? First time managing a small side and tryin to get a few signings in, they were 7th after 19 games when I took over.

Also bought benzia and Bakkalli for united has anyone one ever come across them? And if so how they turn out?

Have heard of those guys in real life. Supposed to be real "wonderkids" to use the FM term. Bakkalli is waiting to leave PSV on a free in the summer I think but has a lot of mental development to do as his attitude isn't great. Dunno how he'll progress in the game though. Benzia looks like he may follow in lacazettes footsteps. Probably won't develop until he's 23

If Benzia is the lad playing for Lyon he is well established on any Wonderkid list you will find online for strikers.

I track him in every game and he rarely doesn't turn into a monster. Never actually bought him myself as I've opted to try a different path.

Every FM has a few absolutely ridiculous strikers and I think Benzia is on that list. There is an unusually large amount of wonderkid strikers this year. I think Barbosa and Fierro are the only two I see that come up REALLY regularly. My Zickovic seems to be a more niche wonderkid for using a one striker system but he's popular also.

I'm seeing a lot more Dybala recently in manager stories and people sharing teams, imagine its due to his increased popularity in real life. Vietto is someone that looks great in the game and his star is on the rise in real life with Villareal.

Barbosa definitely looks the most ridiculous thing in this FM :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Hey guys, first post here but I've been following the thread for a while now.

I'm into my eight season with Barnet and have just recently been promoted to the Premier League!! First season we got promoted from the Conference after winning the league. Spent 1 seasons in League 2 winning promotion via the play-offs, which I was very surprised with. Spend 2 seasons in League one, coming 3rd in First season, missing out after a terrible performance in the play-off final. Next season we won automatic promotion after coming second. First season in the Champion Ship we were favourites to make the drop but managed to sign some good prospects for free (and some good loans too) to play along side my more experienced players and ended up coming 11th. 2nd season was much better, we came 8th narrowly missing out on the play-off positions.

Last season was unreal. Finances had gotten really bad and was forced to sell my highest prospects to balance the books, made a health profit and got the books about 8 / 9m in the black. Made a nice bit of money from their sales and got in some really good players as replacements on the cheap. Press had us coming in or around 11th but we absolutely ran away with the league, in the end winning by 14 points on 100 points total. Doing really well so far in the PL having been handed my first decent transfer budget and signing some real top prospects for next to nothing. Currently 7th after 10 games and into the Quarter Final of the League Cup. Odds on (1000-1) for relegation so really happy how things are going at the moment.

I've been using a 4-2-3-1 formation both home and away, alternating between Control (home) and Counter (away). It's been working really well, broke the goals scored record in all 3 seasons consecutively in the Championship, 134 goals last season. Training wise I've been training players for the position and role that they are playing in and alternating between Defensive, Attacking, Tactical and Ball Control in general Training with a slight bias towards general training during the season. Facilities wise, I've recently had the Training facilities upgraded to Impressive and Youth up to Average, with the board promising further improvements during the summer. Junior Coaching is at Impressive level with above average recruitment. I'm hoping to improve recruitment once the board allow me. Stadium is, honestly, terrible! It's currently being upgraded to 12,500 capacity approx which for PL team is tiny but hopefully that improves over time.

I've had a few stand out players, most notable being a few of the real players who I snapped up for free; Jean Pierre-N'Same who scored 125 goals in 174 appearances, avg rating of 7.24. Highly recommend him for lower league teams, started to become ineffective once I got to the Championship. Another is Milos Antic. This guy up to Championship level is ridiculous. I retrained him as a right winger and he's been unstoppable there. Last season for example he played 44, scored 8, PoM 17 times and provided 28 assists, avg rating of 8.52. And he hasn't stopped this season so far, he's only 3 star rated now, having stepped up the level, but so far in 13 appearances he's scored 4, 8 assists, 7 PoM's and has an avg rating of 8.67. I signed him for free on promotion to League 2.

All in all I've been doing incredibly well, with very limited resources. A lot of good loan signings, for example Joel Pereira for 2 seasons in league 1 which helped an awful lot. Cash flow is starting to move in the right direction now so from here things can only improve an awful lot, second season in the black which is good.

Sorry for the long post guys, I can't post screens atm which would have cut out a lot of the waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Took 7 years to win the Champions League, and what a win :D

VVZb9.jpg

Ah Zivkovic....

Took 7 years to win the Champions League, and what a win :D

VVZb9.jpg

How did you manage to get Messi?? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I call editor on that save. messi doesn't leave for any money. on any save.

Advertisement