Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I loaded up 6 leagues to pick a random club for a new save and got Wolfsburg again, signed Roberts, Hughes, Balanta, Depay, Odegaard and the most exciting one of all .. Antonio Di Natale who'll bang them in for a season at least with those stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The amount of Man Utd managerial discussion on here is actually depressing me a little bit.

Nothing better than seeing someone elses save and being so captivated by it that you start to consider doing a similar one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

CSF wrote: »
    The amount of Man Utd managerial discussion on here is actually depressing me a little bit.

Nothing better than seeing someone elses save and being so captivated by it that you start to consider doing a similar one.

Captivated by the utd saves?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Season 2 over. 5th place. Had been top 3 till January when my defense **** the bed repeatedly; I scored more goals than any other team (100) but also conceded more than any other team (76).

gwzu1Pa.png

I rarely get one striker into the top 4, so to get 1st and 2nd top scorers makes me very happy. Also glad I kept Eriksen. He was a creative giant and probably the main reason the two strikers did so well.

Lacazette is likely off though, since he was promised CL football. So will need a new first team striker. Also going to look for new full backs to try and fix the defense problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Season 2 over. 5th place. Had been top 3 till January when my defense **** the bed repeatedly; I scored more goals than any other team (100) but also conceded more than any other team (76).

That must be some crazy tactics you're using? Serious strikeforce tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Had the same story with Cobh, breaking records for goals scored and conceded in my first season there. I've gone back to FM14 since.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That must be some crazy tactics you're using? Serious strikeforce tbf.

It's nothing planned; just seemed to happen.

Anyway, Lacazette threw his strop and moved to Monaco. Bony was also on the fringes, so let him go too. And DeBryune was also being wasted.

So for third season, brought in Barbosa (who I know everyone uses but I've never got to), Oodergard (sp? Bought him at the start of S1 and he's grand to be a back up now). Torres on a free to be back up. Kane should be ready to step up too. And a few other back ups to prepare for Europa league again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Captivated by the utd saves?
    Unfortunately not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

So 1st season over and done with Man UTD ended up 2nd with 82 points while Liverpool done crazy good and won the title with 93 points and they only lost one game all season :eek:.

Review of my seasons signings

Will Hughes - who has been crazy good for me is now my main centre midfielder.
    Eder Alvarez Balanta - had a good season and is sharing is spot with Rojo
    Mattia De Sciglio - Ended up being very worth while at right back and cant wait to see another season of him
    Lucas Romero - Ok season and i think he will get better as time gos on for me
    Gabriel Barbosa - Ended the season with 15 goals and was playing mostly as a AMC and a sub and i think he is going to be fantastic for me.
    Memphis Depay - After a poor start turned into a great attacking left midfielder.

Added
    Martin Odegaard - Trow him right into the 1st team and has been playing good for a 16 year old so i have great faith in him to do well.

Thinking of selling Mata and Herrera as they have been huge disappointments for me. But what is stoping me from selling as the board as put in place only 35% of sales to go towards my budget.

Also the board wants to get rid of me as they where not happy with me coming 2nd and winning the FA cup CRAZY :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Is there a way to record and save clips that aren't goals?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Havent played much of this year. Had a save with Stoke for some reason that I loaded up last night.

Have 1 season done. Finished 11th but won the capitol cup. TBH i beat no one of note while winning it. All the big teams were knocked out.

2 season and I am struggling. Bought two south americans. A center back and a right back. Both young and looking like 4 star players when they develop. The center back worked out very well. Is one of the best players at the club but I could get a permit for my rb. He is on loan at some MLS club now.

Doing really well in Europe. Top of my group with one game left. but its costing me in the league big time. I was just above relegation until middle of November due to have Arsenal, City, United, Chelsea and liverpool all in a row in the PL with EL matches in between. Lost all the PL matches and nearly got sacked.

Ive steadied the ship with 3 draws but could do with a win

Oh Steven Ireland is regressing at a massive rate. Every stat is going down!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

jonny666 wrote: »

2 season and I am struggling. Bought two south americans. A center back and a right back. Both young and looking like 4 star players when they develop. The center back worked out very well. Is one of the best players at the club but I could get a permit for my rb. He is on loan at some MLS club now.

You need to loan him out in Europe so he can get a European passport and eventually play for you. Unless he becomes an international with his country and plays a lot of games with them, he has no chance of getting a work permit.

Colemania wrote: »
    You need to loan him out in Europe so he can get a European passport and eventually play for you. Unless he becomes an international with his country and plays a lot of games with them, he has no chance of getting a work permit.

No European club has come in for him in two loan spells! Only MLS clubs. Asked the board to find an affiliate club but they couldnt find one.

Reckon he'll have to be sold

No European club has come in for him in two loan spells! Only MLS clubs. Asked the board to find an affiliate club but they couldnt find one.

Reckon he'll have to be sold

I'd say so unfortunately. What's his name?

I'd say so unfortunately. What's his name?

Not sure off the top of my head. Will check when Im home.

Was a big coup for me getting these two South Americans to sign. Was sure they'd both get work permits on appeal! :mad:

Had the same story with Cobh, breaking records for goals scored and conceded in my first season there. I've gone back to FM14 since.

Are you playing FM14 as per it's last official update or did you download the unofficial transfer update? I'm using one that updated the transfers up to September 2014 and United are tearing away with the league scoring 4-5 goals a game and rarely conceding in the league. He made them WAY too good!

Managed to get about 10 games into the league yesterday with Fulham, lost the first 2 and then went unbeaten for the next 7/8 and managed to come back up to 2nd or 3rd... Finally found a way to squeeze a raumdaetuer into a team!

No major transfers really, singed Dele Alli and Aké for midfield, grabbed 2 free wingers (one coming in Jan) a poxy french 35 yo injured dm and I think Ricardo at CB from Bilbao or something to partner with Amorebiata. Since Parker has been injured my midfield and strikers ages are roughly: 18, 19, 18, 18, 28 (Bryan Ruiz), 19. I'm not sure about Ake or the left winger long term but the rest should have me pretty well set up for a good few seasons. Got Stekelenberg and Mitroglou coming back in the second season who'll probably slot straight into the first team assuming I can keep them (and I get promoted)... If not Mitroglou is worth ~12m anyway so good money to be turned there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is it wrong to use regens so early into game. Scout came across a 15 year old in switz and signed him. Was forced to use him as i have loaned to many players out as spurs and he scored. 3 appearances 4 goals. I feel dirty though :p (currently start of season 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

January Transfer Deadline day.

"Do you plan on loaning out Mitrovic before the end of the day?"

You mean my leading scorer? 28 goals already in the league? When second place, Aguero, only has 17? The guy who is bagging at least one, often two goals a game? Yeah, I guess he'd better head off somewhere else....

:confused:

Yeah thats annoying. I get it all the time from the rpess about my younger players who are blowing up the league.

If they are like, 21 or under, your best setting their transfer status to " Not available for loan".

Removes all the spam from clubs wanting your players and media even asking about it.

Three seasons in have to say find the press conferences and media boring as ****. Same **** over and over again, must look into seeing if I can get my assistant to take press conferences.

• Advertisement

So 1st season over and done with Man UTD ended up 2nd with 82 points while Liverpool done crazy good and won the title with 93 points and they only lost one game all season :eek:.

Review of my seasons signings

Will Hughes - who has been crazy good for me is now my main centre midfielder.
    Eder Alvarez Balanta - had a good season and is sharing is spot with Rojo
    Mattia De Sciglio - Ended up being very worth while at right back and cant wait to see another season of him
    Lucas Romero - Ok season and i think he will get better as time gos on for me
    Gabriel Barbosa - Ended the season with 15 goals and was playing mostly as a AMC and a sub and i think he is going to be fantastic for me.
    Memphis Depay - After a poor start turned into a great attacking left midfielder.

Added
    Martin Odegaard - Trow him right into the 1st team and has been playing good for a 16 year old so i have great faith in him to do well.

Thinking of selling Mata and Herrera as they have been huge disappointments for me. But what is stoping me from selling as the board as put in place only 35% of sales to go towards my budget.

Also the board wants to get rid of me as they where not happy with me coming 2nd and winning the FA cup CRAZY :eek:

Memphis Depay is simply disgusting if you set him as an Inside Forward coming in from the left.

Must post some screens later, I'm all talk no pics!

Lucas Romero does indeed develop as you give him more game time. I have him and Ruben Neves in my team and Romero is now my first choice DM Roaming playmaker.

Barbosa I hear so much about, but have never signed him. My current strike force is Javier Hernandez, Richardo Zikovic and Luka Jovic. I had Henriquez as 4th choice who I was hoping to use more next season and selling Hernandez, but he got the hump being ommitted and wanted a move. Only got 5m for him which is annoying. He is a brilliant goalscorer and can play a number of roles.

Chico is my top scorer at the moment and looks unstoppable. His value has gone from 5m when he came back from loan at Madrid, to 30m+ already. Potentially going to cash in on him end of season. Zikovic is starting to develop into something special.

In terms of Mata & Herrera. I play Herrera as a Central Midfielder alongside an Attacking CM. He has been really good for me over two seasons, but I signed what I feel is an upgrade for him. Matovic or something from Inter. 21 years old, cost me a fair €50m but scouts just keep mentioning him so took the gamble. He is off to a good start already and long may it continue.

I have Youri Tielmanns as my main AMC. Di Maria was operating in rotation with Mata in AMC for me, with MAta actually being the better of the two. But all that was while I was waiting for Tielmanns to bed in. He is now my 1st choice AMC and I was using Herrera alongside him with great effect, but he is now my backup. I use Di Maria now as a right winger ( Januzaj out long spell injured), and Mata is my AMC backup. Can probably see myself selling Herrera in the summer as he has a value of €40m in my game. With Romero, Blind, Neves, Tielmanns and Mata I've a lot of options in there. I also have Odegaard(like everyone else) developing beautifully in my under 21's, who will probably step up next season.

Also bagged Kurt Zouma in January, to join in the summer window. Unfortunately the two deals totaling €70m meant the board slashed my transfer retainer to 40% ( I had got it to 100%) so might need to sell in the summer in order to get the books looking profitable. Herrera and Hernandez look the most likely sales.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah thats annoying. I get it all the time from the rpess about my younger players who are blowing up the league.

If they are like, 21 or under, your best setting their transfer status to " Not available for loan".

Removes all the spam from clubs wanting your players and media even asking about it.

Three seasons in have to say find the press conferences and media boring as ****. Same **** over and over again, must look into seeing if I can get my assistant to take press conferences.

Be careful with this

Not sure was it 2013 or 2014, but I had my assistant manager doing my press conferences and after a while he pissed off nearly every player on the team!

Be careful with this

Not sure was it 2013 or 2014, but I had my assistant manager doing my press conferences and after a while he pissed off nearly every player on the team!

Am actually looking for a new assistant at the moment. Giggs is pretty terrible at United. His player evaluation seems way off, and I handed him team talks due to me getting fed up with them, and he had a negative effect.

I normally get mostly green boosts from team talks, and positive PR from pressers, but I don't find it a skill or good play, its just obviously selecting the right thing to say, surely a decent assistant can do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I got rid of Giggs straight away and got in Steve Clarke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

TheDoc wrote: »
    Am actually looking for a new assistant at the moment. Giggs is pretty terrible at United. His player evaluation seems way off, and I handed him team talks due to me getting fed up with them, and he had a negative effect.

I normally get mostly green boosts from team talks, and positive PR from pressers, but I don't find it a skill or good play, its just obviously selecting the right thing to say, surely a decent assistant can do this.

For team talks I always use aggressive you have to win, same at half time if they are playing crap.

If they win I just use passionate good job and aggressive if the lose.

Always get a good reaction with that, especially for utd

For team talks I always use aggressive you have to win, same at half time if they are playing crap.

If they win I just use passionate good job and aggressive if the lose.

Always get a good reaction with that, especially for utd

If I get aggressive with Stoke they would **** themselves!

I usually go passionate or assertive

For anyone a couple of seasons in, how is Emre Can developing at Liverpool? Don't think he's rated as highly in FM as he should be

For anyone a couple of seasons in, how is Emre Can developing at Liverpool? Don't think he's rated as highly in FM as he should be

He got sold to West Ham in my second season.

He got sold to West Ham in my second season.

Confirms my suspicions alright! Have they updated the January transfers yet?

• Advertisement

After my PC got reformatted I was so eager to get going again, started my saves without putting in any skins, logos or pic packs.

Do you have to start a fresh save in order to use logo and pic packs?

Also recommendations for skins, logos and pics welcome. Looking around the usual places and there doesnt seem to be a catch all download

Advertisement