Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

anyone recommend a reasonably priced 4th choice striker at the end of season two for United? Spending 47 million on Falcao kills your budget! Then he gets injured for 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Check Transfer Listed players.

Some great deals to be had.

Not a striker, but I picked up Thorgan Hazard for €3.2m and Mahmadou Sakho for €4m. Two really good quality Premier League players.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,231 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dubmick wrote: »
    anyone recommend a reasonably priced 4th choice striker at the end of season two for United? Spending 47 million on Falcao kills your budget! Then he gets injured for 4 months.

Who are your other three? Still Rooney and RVP? I'm into my 4th or 5th season now and Wilson has developed into a cracking player for me - maybe give him a shot in your game.

Falcao was first choice for me last season (and will be this one too!) with Wilson displacing Rooney as next up, Rooney on the bench and a young german regen I signed coming back from loan (22 PL goals for QPR) as 4th choice. Rooney likely to either be sold this summer or released at the end of the season when his contact is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

dubmick wrote: »

Wilson develops into a good player depending on how much exposure you give him. He filled in during an injury crisis over Christmas period and scored 7 in 5.

Chico is pretty sensational. In three separate saves he's come back from Real and scored 25+ on the following season.

Henriquez is a under 21 striker you have out on loan with Dinamo Kiev when you start. He typically bags 20+ in his loan season and he rarely lets me down as a third choice striker.

I lost my saves after a reformat do hard to start my FOURTH united save. I typically sell RVP and Rooney ASAP. I keep Falcao for his loan term and normally bags 25+ . I tend to send him back to Monaco though.

In my current save my strikers are Falcao, Zivkovic and Wilson. I plan to send Falcao back to Monaco and sign one of other Dybala or Luciano Vietto. If they can be gotten for under 12m.

Then I'll bring Chico into first team and put Henriquez out on loan again.

But if you don't want to spend. Wilson, Chico and Henriquez is serious firepower in your second season.

In the one save I did buy Falcao he got a virul infection and was out for 8 months :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Back your saves up to the cloud every so often to make sure you don't lose everything if your laptop breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I love transfer season...current save game is Southampton

Transfers Season 1
    TransfersSeason1.jpg

Transfers Season 2
    Season2.jpg

Transfers Season 3
    Season3.jpg

Transfers Season 4
    Sesaon4.jpg

Transfers Season 5
    Finally lost Barbosa & Balanta :(

Season5.jpg

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Back your saves up to the cloud every so often to make sure you don't lose everything if your laptop breaks.

yeah just saw that option after starting fresh, making sure they all go to the cloud now.

Anyway "kinda" worked out for the best, I was able to sign Memphis Depay who is an animal, and the initial players i struggled to sign in first window I got in the January window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anyone ever do a game with schalke? Think I'm gonna start a new save with them I've never done the German league but my scout always turns up schalke wonderkids it might be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Why do people always sign the same players such as Balanta etc, he must obviously be brilliant in the game? So do people just google who turns out good in fm. Each to own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Nolars wrote: »
    Why do people always sign the same players such as Balanta etc, he must obviously be brilliant in the game? So do people just google who turns out good in fm. Each to own.

Alot of people have favoured players that they like using and know how they will turn out its the same as a manager coming into the likes of prem league and he brings in a few players that are unknown because he knows them a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Nolars wrote: »

Yeah, people just find out who the best players are through google or by seeing how they have developed in a previous save. Not a fan of signing the likes of Balanta, Barbosa... It would take away from the game for me signing all of them young and knowing how they develop. Managers don't sign a 17/18 year old striker in real life and say 'right, that's my goalscorer for the next 15 years sorted'. You know that's what you are getting when you sign Barbosa from Santos. I much prefer not knowing.

This website has articles on most of the best players in the game - http://footballmanagerstory.com/scout/fm-2015-player-profile-gabriel-barbosa/

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

All of my foreign players are getting homesick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Mars Bar wrote: »
    All of my foreign players are getting homesick!!

Lol... what league?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

gufc21 wrote: »
    Lol... what league?

Serie A

I've had 4 homesick players this season and it's only January! One fella is an oldish striker who doesn't have long left and he wants to go home permanently so he has happily agreed to wait for a transfer at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Serie A

I've had 4 homesick players this season and it's only January! One fella is an oldish striker who doesn't have long left and he wants to go home permanently so he has happily agreed to wait for a transfer at the end of the season.

I was managing a club in Malaysia who had a Brazilian striker. He got homesick every.single.month.

HrRhY4r.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Does anyone find this too easy? Or am I just going through a football manager hot steak that ebbs an flows.

I'm playing as man utd and 8 games into the league I have 8 wins 24 for and 6 against.

Playing 4 1 2 1 2 with wing backs and control/counter attacking or attacking with retain possession. Formation is pretty solid.

Ended up losing my next 2 matches so thought it would be best to just turn it off.

Ya do you ever notice you could be on a great run, save and come back to it and things fall apart? and vice versa of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Decided to finally give lower league management a go. Took over Wimbledon and media prediction was 16th but managed to get promoted by finishing 3rd. Things we're looking bleak at the start with 1 win and 6 losses in 7 games but we turned it around. Tubbs and Awkinfenia scored goals for fun but our defending left alot to be desired. Half way through I realised I could get promoted so didn't offer the players new contracts as alot were below league 2 standard even, Found it very hard getting a squad together for league one. Have a poor enough team to be honest but I'd be happy with a lower mid table finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Does anyone find this too easy? Or am I just going through a football manager hot steak that ebbs an flows.

I'm playing as man utd and 8 games into the league I have 8 wins 24 for and 6 against.

Playing 4 1 2 1 2 with wing backs and control/counter attacking or attacking with retain possession. Formation is pretty solid.
    The game is as easy as you make it to be honest. It wouldn't be the most difficult job to turn United into a title winner, alot more difficult to the same with other teams though.

Managing Stromsgodset myself at the moment. 2 title wins from 5 seasons, no cups, but managed to qualify for the CL group stages in one of the seasons, with the highlight being a 1 nil win over Bayern. Still finished bottom of the group though.

Clinging onto Odegaard for dear life.

CSF wrote: »

Clinging onto Odegaard for dear life.

5 years in, couldn't have much contract left? What's his value?

gufc21 wrote: »
    5 years in, couldn't have much contract left? What's his value?
    He is worth about 900k but I won't let him go for less than 10. He has signed 2 contracts in that time, obviously I've made him my highest paid player with the max possible wage in both cases.

Twice he has made noises about moving clubs, both times I've told him I'll let him go if the club meets my valuation, which I will, but no club has met it and on both occasions he has been willing to sign a new contract once the transfer window has closed without a deal happening or me digging my heels in and refusing to sell. On every occasion interest has shown I've stated the same price, and am sticking to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Of course that's easy. Go get Exeter City to the Champions League final!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Finally found a save I enjoy. Malmo in Sweden. 1st season in got to last qualifying round of the Champions League. Sadly we were knocked out by Legia Warsaw but made it too Europa League groups where we've just beaten Sevilla 3-0. Keeping the squad together is proving tough as Championship type teams are considered bigger.

Finally found a save I enjoy. Malmo in Sweden. 1st season in got to last qualifying round of the Champions League. Sadly we were knocked out by Legia Warsaw but made it too Europa League groups where we've just beaten Sevilla 3-0. Keeping the squad together is proving tough as Championship type teams are considered bigger.
    They're able to pay higher wages which unfortunately does make them higher in the food chain.

I'm managing next door in Norway and have found that these clubs are rarely willing to pay the sort of fees required to part you with your best players though.

The 3 of my best players that did get prised away from me went to CSKA Moscow, Celtic and Palermo.

I've gone through a few United saves. And each one has been different. I typically tweak various tactics to try find the almighty one.

But my first save, while I scrapped the title on the last day from Chelsea, it was an absolute slog.

Second season was comfortable enough but had a dip around Christmas with a massive injury crisis.

Currently in my third save and a good first season and rough start to the second. United can blow very hot and cold, but there are some tactics I've seen that are absolutely disgusting.

In terms of signing the same players each save. There are various resources out there, but all my mates are also into Football Manager. I came very late to this version, was just before christmas.

So most of my mates are feeding me the names of some good players, hard to say no :) Although there is no guarantee they will turn out amazing. Lucas Romero was a top DM in my first two saves, but has been a bit inconsistent in my third save.

Ruben Neves has developed rapidly in my third save, where the first two he was relatively slow.

Richardo Zickovic(spell check) is someone all the lads raved about, especially in a false nine position. I've had him struggle through his first season in two saves.

I dunno I find a lot of fun chatting with mates and forums etc. about players and their development.

While maybe a manager wouldn't sign a 17 year old and say" done for the next 20 years", it wouldn't be totally unrealistic for a manager to sign a player or scout a player based on a recommendation of another manager, coach etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've gone through a few United saves. And each one has been different. I typically tweak various tactics to try find the almighty one.

But my first save, while I scrapped the title on the last day from Chelsea, it was an absolute slog.

Second season was comfortable enough but had a dip around Christmas with a massive injury crisis.

Currently in my third save and a good first season and rough start to the second. United can blow very hot and cold, but there are some tactics I've seen that are absolutely disgusting.

In terms of signing the same players each save. There are various resources out there, but all my mates are also into Football Manager. I came very late to this version, was just before christmas.

So most of my mates are feeding me the names of some good players, hard to say no :) Although there is no guarantee they will turn out amazing. Lucas Romero was a top DM in my first two saves, but has been a bit inconsistent in my third save.

Ruben Neves has developed rapidly in my third save, where the first two he was relatively slow.

Richardo Zickovic(spell check) is someone all the lads raved about, especially in a false nine position. I've had him struggle through his first season in two saves.

I dunno I find a lot of fun chatting with mates and forums etc. about players and their development.

While maybe a manager wouldn't sign a 17 year old and say" done for the next 20 years", it wouldn't be totally unrealistic for a manager to sign a player or scout a player based on a recommendation of another manager, coach etc.

I honestly thought people just did a couple of seasons with a top rated team at the start of a new Football Manager game and then moved on to lower rated teams to test themselves.

In fairness, its easy to take any of the top 5 teams in England and win every cup within 2-3 seasons. Why do more than 1 gamesave with the same team then? Each to their own anyway :pac:

I haven't found FM2015 that great so haven't bought it but have played the demo, obviously, and the injury glitch is very apparent in that also.

I actually started a game on FM2014 last week with Swansea using a transfer update file for Summer 2014. Also players like Odegaard were added to the game. Any new players added to the game are impossible to get straight away anyway as it's almost as if they just moved to the club and they don't want to move again. Also, the editor was definitely a United fan which makes them overpowered :o

Swansea don't exactly have a big squad so I didn't make much money from shifting players (I only managed to sell 2 I think) Nathan Dyer was going for 1.8 million but my squad was so small that I decided to keep him.

Spent all my 10 million budget on Dele Alli, Will Hughes (who were both loaned out), Aidan White from Leeds and Duje Cop. Scout didn't rate them too highly but I like to ignore the scout sometimes especially when I play as teams in league 1 and 2 and they tell me the league of ireland players are useless and they go on to become first teamers :P

I just tinker with different teams and formations and tactics.

Every now and then I setup a new save with a new team in a new league but I guess being a big United fan I keep coming back to those saves.

I also lost a lot of my saves due to a PC issue so had to start again :'(

• Advertisement

Well obviously it's easier playing as utd. I get enjoyment playing with my favourite team and players.

Just being able to do what I want

Advertisement