Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Well obviously it's easier playing as utd. I get enjoyment playing with my favourite team and players.

Just being able to do what I want

That's what's so good about football manager. Everyone plays it for different reasons. Some want to bring up a team from the very bottom tier, some just want to play as their favourite teams and win everything and sign all the biggest names, and some just want to play in leagues like Sweden, Norway, Thailand etc :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think it really depends how I'm feeling at the time. Prior to Stromsgodset I did saves with Arsenal and Nottingham Forest and enjoyed them both just as much.

Seeing that other guy's post has half got me considering Sweden as a next destination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Colemania wrote: »
    That's what's so good about football manager. Everyone plays it for different reasons. Some want to bring up a team from the very bottom tier, some just want to play as their favourite teams and win everything and sign all the biggest names, and some just want to play in leagues like Sweden, Norway, Thailand etc :P

Yeah. Most of the time I play fm I'm not giving it 100% concentration to fine tune it to work with smaller teams. I'm watching tv or a movie or playing Xbox.

I just can't give the smaller teams 100% and will get frustrated

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nearing the end of my first season with Spurs. I think the fact I changed so much of the first team hurt me, cause I've been stuck midtable all season.

Lacazette has been great; 27 goals in 31 games, and usually I struggle with strikers. KdB is at 18 goals and 11 assits in 37. Bony has 12 goals in 15 games, and Kane has 14 in 27.

Lamela and Erikson are throwing strops; Erikson wants me to accept a non-existent bid from Juventus. Lamela is annoyed I sold a young defender who was not going to get a game ahead of Shawcross, Balanta, Otemendi and Fazio. Will likely try and move the duo on; I know they are great players but I've had more success playing without them than with them, and could do with investing into full backs instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah if you are not doing well Erikson tends to try leave. He is pretty animal in the game and he typically does really well. Totenham in all my PL saves are normally top 4, so he doesn't ever want to leave.

I'm currently looking at buying a new AMC in the next window/summer. Gotze is top of my list as he is unhappy and wants out of Bayern, but Erikson is on the list too. Little cheaper and year in year out does really well in the premier league.

Di Maria operating at present in AMC and while he wins so many awards, feel I could have better in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Eriksen and spurs are brilliant on all of my saves, usually end up walking the league most years. looking at doing a conference save next. got from league 2 to premier league in 5 seasons already, want a real challenge.

Lamela has dropped his problems with underachieving.

2 games left in the season, could finish anywhere from 5th to 12th. Crazy close. Meanwhile, Aston Villa need two points from the last two games to get Champions League football :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

RossieMan wrote: »
    Eriksen and spurs are brilliant on all of my saves, usually end up walking the league most years. looking at doing a conference save next. got from league 2 to premier league in 5 seasons already, want a real challenge.

Just started a Gloucester city one myself, so strange playing so far down as league 1/2 is normally my comfort zone... Results have been all over the place so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lamela has dropped his problems with underachieving.

2 games left in the season, could finish anywhere from 5th to 12th. Crazy close. Meanwhile, Aston Villa need two points from the last two games to get Champions League football :confused:

In my last 2 saves they have been relegated within the first 3 seasons. And both times Zidane took them over on the Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Can't recommend the mod that allows lower league management enough. Counties league to champions league anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Into my second season with AFC Wimbledon. We were bossing League One at the start of the year, Media Prediction was 24th but after 10 games we won 9 and lost 1. Kept top spot till about December and started to falter. I have 6 games left now and i'm 4 points away from the playoffs. Only 7 points from 1st to 6th so a few wins would really put us in a good position.

In a way if we spent another season in League One it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as my squad simply isnt near ready for the Championship and we won't get much money.

Last game of the season. Can still finish 5th - 10th. But I've been offered a new contract, so that's sweet. I tend to get sacked at the end of season one in FM15 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Load up my spurs save, given up on league as 10 off 4th but in quarters of cl second season. Get to final nice one play barca after 3 more league games.

Young lad woke up so brought him back to bed but u fell asleep myself too. Woke up this morn, grand run down save game bring him to creche play cl final before college. Laptop hibernation and fm shuts off?? Don't have the heart to start again :(

(Pics alert!)

Final Season One Transfers

IN
    9nrbaUs.png

OUT
    vSgBQ0n.png
    jYreNfD.png

Start of Season Two
    IN
    EGLJktF.png

OUT
    J5oEzsp.png
    5H31wiQ.png

A few of the ins for season two were done early so are in in Season One's window. Roberto for 2m from Barcelona has been amazing; after 4 games, his value is already up to 7.5m, and he's been great. Pereyra was a free transfer, worth 22m after 4 games :eek: The duo, along with Witsel and Paulinho, are dominating midfields now. Miltrovic has a lot of developing to do but has already chipped in a few goals, and I think him and Kane could be a great long term partnership.

Monaco came after Balanta strong, and he asked to leave, so I let him go; it's 29.5m before add-ons, with potential to rise another 15m or so, which is grand since I bought him for 6.5m. Coentrao in for 11m ish is grand business. Stones in to partner Otamendi. And Erikson dropped his complaints about performances.

Gone from "European qualification but not annoyed if missed" to "We expect a title challange".

That's a serious face change to Spurs in a season :D

Can't help but think the De Bruyne purchase was excessive considering Erikson. Have you been able to have both in your starting lineup?

TheDoc wrote: »
    That's a serious face change to Spurs in a season :D

Can't help but think the De Bruyne purchase was excessive considering Erikson. Have you been able to have both in your starting lineup?

Nope, and looking back, it was a foolish impulse buy.

The idea when I started was to run with two wingers, and AMC and one striker. And on deadline day, I wanted to splurge a bit. So the plan was...
    Lacazette
    DeBryune - Erikson - Lamela

Worked out grand, and KdB was probably my third bet player of the season from outwide. But near the end of season 1, I started getting far, far better results playing with three in CM instead of two, one in CAM and two up front. And Erikson is preforming better in the CAM role than KdB does, so KdB has basically become a very expensive backup cup player :/ Would imagine he'll be used to finance moves for other players at Xmas time.

I've seen some SERIOUS 4-2-3-1 tactics floating about, a manager story I follow on FMbase with United, guy plays that sort of forward line and he is absolutely destroying the place.

I'd say it's possible, with a bit of tweaking to the tactics and opp instructions.

I'd say the two CM's are important as well. Lucas Romero and Ruben Neves could be a good duo to operate in the CM spots in a 4-2-3-1

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've seen some SERIOUS 4-2-3-1 tactics floating about, a manager story I follow on FMbase with United, guy plays that sort of forward line and he is absolutely destroying the place.

I'd say it's possible, with a bit of tweaking to the tactics and opp instructions.

I'd say the two CM's are important as well. Lucas Romero and Ruben Neves could be a good duo to operate in the CM spots in a 4-2-3-1

Could you link me to that story with the 4-2-3-1. I'd like to use a solid 4231 to rotate with my 451 as I find there are more quality ACM's than DM's at cheaper prices.
    I have a 4231 but it's not super effective.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Could you link me to that story with the 4-2-3-1. I'd like to use a solid 4231 to rotate with my 451 as I find there are more quality ACM's than DM's at cheaper prices.
    I have a 4231 but it's not super effective.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-manager-stories/207574-first-busby-then-fergie-3rd-scots-charm-24.html

Brilliant save if you are a United fan, he's brought in Gotze and brought back Ronaldo and Pogba. He plays Ronaldo as a ST and it's just short of the most disgusting thing I've ever seen :D

He is pretty secretive about his tactic and I'm not suprised, it looks game breaking. But he said he will share it once he is done, but if you go back through the pages(its worth the entire read) you can catch glimpses of his tactics and put it together.

Unlike most 4-2-3-1 tactics, he doesn't operate his defensive two , well, defensively. He has them in CM, and a line of three ahead of them, then a striker, just pure packing the opposition half, its mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

That's disgusting. I love it though.

I might let falcao go at the end of the season. Was thinking of buying him. Has 22 goals in 25 games for me.

Might let him go and either rvp or Rooney and get Ronaldo

• Advertisement

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-manager-stories/207574-first-busby-then-fergie-3rd-scots-charm-24.html

Brilliant save if you are a United fan, he's brought in Gotze and brought back Ronaldo and Pogba. He plays Ronaldo as a ST and it's just short of the most disgusting thing I've ever seen :D

He is pretty secretive about his tactic and I'm not suprised, it looks game breaking. But he said he will share it once he is done, but if you go back through the pages(its worth the entire read) you can catch glimpses of his tactics and put it together.

Unlike most 4-2-3-1 tactics, he doesn't operate his defensive two , well, defensively. He has them in CM, and a line of three ahead of them, then a striker, just pure packing the opposition half, its mental.

had a read of this just there. Ronaldo with 50 league goals, 76 overall is just nuts! Glad to see Liverpool beat him in his latest season :P

114 goal difference in his last title winning season also.......wow!

Also very pleased to see some of the youths doing well in the game weren't regens. Jovic for him and Fierro for Liverpool. I think I've only ever signed 1 regen and that was in fm08. The stats on some of them are just unbelievable with stats between 18-20 for almost everything. Just makes the game very unrealistic for me

Anyone any long term experience with Mitrovic?

Bought him at the start of season two, thinking he was a great backup with potential to grow. He's pretty much starting every game now, and just nabbed me my first 10.0 rating after bagging 5 goals and 2 assists against Swansea :P

But his report is now saying he's "Close to full potential" at the age of 21, and his stats look grand but not spectacular. Anyone know how/if he develops long term? Seems weird he'd be near full potential at 21 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Anyone any long term experience with Mitrovic?

Bought him at the start of season two, thinking he was a great backup with potential to grow. He's pretty much starting every game now, and just nabbed me my first 10.0 rating after bagging 5 goals and 2 assists against Swansea :P

But his report is now saying he's "Close to full potential" at the age of 21, and his stats look grand but not spectacular. Anyone know how/if he develops long term? Seems weird he'd be near full potential at 21 :P
    Yeah, I had him at Arsenal as a 'Complete Forward' in a 4-2-3-1 with Ozil behind him, signed him about 3 seasons into the game.

Was a reliable enough goalscorer without setting the world on fire.

zBISueA.png

are+you.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

zBISueA.png

I'd follow up a run like that by failing to score against the worst team in the league and quit in anger and not play for about a month again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Decided to commit to a new save, going to go for Fulham I think, some nice young prospects, a bit of a budget but not too much, I assume decent enough facilities too...

Sexy football and 1st season playoffs and I'll be happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Italy and France are polar opposites. Loads of attacking players in Italy and in France, I have a squad with four defensive midfielders!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up Football Manager 15 there yesterday after putting in over 320 hours into 2014 so its time to move on.

Picked Man Utd and after 15 games i am 2nd and 4 points be hide Liverpool witch i am magically quite happy with as where playing as bad as the real man utd at times.

Sold Rooney and got £36 mil for him and also sold rafael and got £34 mil for him.

Brought in a good few young players inducing

Will Hughes - who has been crazy good for me
    Eder Alvarez Balanta - has also played good for me
    Mattia De Sciglio - has been ok but not great hasn't showed me why he is worth £22 mil
    Lucas Romero - has been ok and is getting better as he plays more and more games
    Gabriel Barbosa - is playing ok as a AMC as Mata has been shocking for me so as Barbosa is my only other player who can play there he has been playing ok.
    Memphis Depay - has been playing quite ok as well.

Have set up a attacking 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 in with a have been playing fairly ok with it and not letting in that many goals as Phil Jones has been having a very good season and i cant drop him at all he's been that good

Biggest disappointments off players for me has been Ander Herrera, Mata and Shaw just don't seem to work in my team.

The goal for when the window reopens is to sell Herrera, Evens, Carrick and RVP and see what i can get in to replace them.

• Advertisement

January Transfer Deadline day.

"Do you plan on loaning out Mitrovic before the end of the day?"

You mean my leading scorer? 28 goals already in the league? When second place, Aguero, only has 17? The guy who is bagging at least one, often two goals a game? Yeah, I guess he'd better head off somewhere else....

:confused:

Advertisement