Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Lord TSC wrote: »
    In good news, Aguero is interested in joining O_O City came in 7th and he wants out, so need to build funds quickly to get that deal done....

City are doing really bad in my save as well. In the second season and until February they were in the relegation spots. They had sacked their manager in November. They have improved but I still think they are about 13th in march

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Argh, they want 50m for Agureo, and my budget is 20m :( The board have also slashed my transfer percentage as well; despite having 80m in sales from 3 players, they only give me 20m to play round with ahead of my attack on Europe :rolleyes:

Ah well. Ibra in for a total outlay of 3m. Song coming in on a free to provide back up to my midfield. Modric for 7m. And the quest for a top level full back continues...

A lot of older players but I've got a pretty young squad so the experience might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Argh, they want 50m for Agureo, and my budget is 20m :( The board have also slashed my transfer percentage as well; despite having 80m in sales from 3 players, they only give me 20m to play round with ahead of my attack on Europe :rolleyes:

Ah well. Ibra in for a total outlay of 3m. Song coming in on a free to provide back up to my midfield. Modric for 7m. And the quest for a top level full back continues...

A lot of older players but I've got a pretty young squad so the experience might help.

Great to bring in experience in my opinion. I've tried to build squads around young players and for all the talent they had, they just couldn't mix together and often threw leads away. I'd always play a mix of youths and backup experience players in cups and would almost always get a result.

Once the young players mature and improve, you can dispose of the experienced players and then build a great young team.

Colemania wrote: »
    Great to bring in experience in my opinion. I've tried to build squads around young players and for all the talent they had, they just couldn't mix together and often threw leads away. I'd always play a mix of youths and backup experience players in cups and would almost always get a result.

Once the young players mature and improve, you can dispose of the experienced players and then build a great young team.

Yeah, the amount of 2 and 3 goal leads I've thrown away is a killer :(

Anyway, really liking the current window now.

Ibra cost me 3m.
    Song in on a free.
    Picking up Modric for 5m.
    Kagawa in for 4m.

Tempted to move Erikson into midfield, and put him beside Modric and Roberto, and letting Odergaard play CAM full time. I'd have Kagawa then as back up CAM. Ibra, Barbosa, Kane and probably a kid back up up front. Really happy with those 4 signings above though; 12m for 4 great players who improve my team. Also looking at Aurier for 3m, but worried about the ****ing African cup midseason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Yeah, the amount of 2 and 3 goal leads I've thrown away is a killer :(

Anyway, really liking the current window now.

Ibra cost me 3m.
    Song in on a free.
    Picking up Modric for 5m.
    Kagawa in for 4m.

Tempted to move Erikson into midfield, and put him beside Modric and Roberto, and letting Odergaard play CAM full time. I'd have Kagawa then as back up CAM. Ibra, Barbosa, Kane and probably a kid back up up front. Really happy with those 4 signings above though; 12m for 4 great players who improve my team. Also looking at Aurier for 3m, but worried about the ****ing African cup midseason.

I'd have no bones throwing Eriksen into midfield against a mid table or bottom half team as he'd be a creative influence from midfield but in my opinion you need a box to box midfielder that is competent at both ends of the pitch to play centre mid. Shelvey does a good job for my swansea team but trying to play Sigurrdson there goes horribly. Just my two cents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have to say fair play for your forays into the market. If I was Spurs I wouldnt be able to resist snapping up all the wonderkids.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Have to say fair play for your forays into the market. If I was Spurs I wouldnt be able to resist snapping up all the wonderkids.

Me too. I love wonderkids!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I've wrecked my most recent save as United because i spent all my budget on wonderkids that i sent out on loan.
    Lost 4 of my first 5 matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Iago wrote: »
    Groundhog day...

Mourinho wasn't sacked and Chelsea win the league with 84 points (I finished 2nd with 82 points)

Really got hammered with fixture congestion, as a result of cup games I finished with 4 games in 8 days in the league.

Looks like I start again in season 7!

Chelsea just offered me the managers job :D

Turned it down obviously, although it was tempting to go in and sabotage them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

How bad are city in ur game? My one prem save as spurs I'm half way through 3rd season. They are on their 3rd manager. finished 8th (won cl sacked manager), and 7th. Currently 10th and obviously not playing cl football don't think they have even finished within 10 points of fourth.

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    How bad are city in ur game? My one prem save as spurs I'm half way through 3rd season. They are on their 3rd manager. finished 8th (won cl sacked manager), and 7th. Currently 10th and obviously not playing cl football don't think they have even finished within 10 points of fourth.

I've noticed in all my saves City are gash. Pellegrini gets sacked normally around christmas as they languish around 7th-10th. I'm onto my like 8th save, and its always the same.

In my recent United one, they have some guy called Emrey or something managing them. Was giving it large to the press being negative about me, hockeyed them 7-1 in the FA Cup, sacked. Was chuffed....nail in the coffin was using that reply about him being a small minded manager from a small time club :D

normally when I give **** about other clubs my players react badly, but ahead of the next my squad was full of positive PR from that presser :)

Solbakkenis managing them in 4th season of my save. Finished 3rd, 3rd and 7th.

Trying to poach Agureo off them but they want 60m for him, and I've only got 20. Really want him though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

They're also-rans in mine, league positions below

Season 1 3rd
    Season 2 5th
    Season 3 7th
    Season 4 5th
    Season 5 3rd
    Season 6 3rd

They've won 1 league cup and 1 CL but no other trophies in 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I've played 4/5 different careers. City always end up spending bucketloads of money and players end up unhappy, think their wage budget once was over 7m a week

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

I'm 5 Seasons in with York City in FM13, Finally into the Premiership. As we went up Chelsea went down. Looking real quick for the last 3-4 seasons they spent on average 45-50million a season on the most average of players. Who invaribily after a season or so are Sold for a quarter of the price or Loaned out. It's one of the more frustrating things about the game. AI seems to drop off after a few seasons... Or has that Changed in this Seasons game? I'm interested to hear about the Director of Football aspect of the game thats come in.

I like 'Griezmann injured after falling over training cone' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

jonny666 wrote: »
    I like 'Griezmann injured after falling over training cone' :pac:

That came up in my game during the week!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94329752&postcount=610

Mars Bar wrote: »

either you work for balls or someone over there likes boards :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Was thinking same

• Advertisement

The pic looks different to mine. It's higher quality or something and I definitely don't work for them!

Finished a very respectable seventh in my stoke game.

Won the Euro Cup thought which was great. Had an easy enough run until the semi final where I got chelsea. First match at Stamford Bridge and I stuffed them two nil ending an 11 game winning streak. They beat me 3-2 at home in the second game. Got Roma in the final and it went to penalties where Ashley Cole missed a penalty! Delighted.

The formation I mentioned a few posts back seems to work really well against the big teams. Teams I would have expected to beat it didnt seem to work too well

I got very lucky all season with injuries though I have to say. After Christmas no one was out for more then a week or two

Edit : It was 8th I finished not 7th! Woops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

anyone else not see international goals in player profiles? I just see appearances.

Ibrahimovic.

0 goals in 9 league games.

10 in 3 CL games.

:confused: ****er is only trying on the bigger stage :P

Was alerted by one of my scouts that Patrick Roberts from Fulham was transfer listed. His agent then alerts me as it's someone I've been tracking. Listed after a massive bust up with the manager. Valued at 10m in my game, put in a 4m bid, accepted :D

Not exactly a position I needed, but was happy to take one of the leagues best youngsters away from rivals :)

Yus! Won the Europa League with Reggina. It's so hard to get past Juventus in this game. Finished second in Serie A so hoping a good start to the season will put me out in front.
    I had a player come through the youth system who is 19, worth €40 million and is a beast and he's not even being played in his natural position!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Sold Bony to Sampdoria fir 19 mill in season 3 (quick sale) always injured and had two young lads who are banging them in but no real cover as I've gone back to 2 up front. Bought in a lad from Preston (bottom of prem league) for 2.2 mill.

He's 29/30 signed him as a backup but ended up having to start him straight away due to injury. He's scored about 8 goals in 7 for me. Including a couple in CL. I think his name was Grower... will check later but he's eng so helps considering i was very sparse on hg talent

Joe Garner is his name.

Done some decent transfer business with stoke for the start of my 3rd season.

I got in,

Fellaini for 5.25m
    Fierro for 12.5m
    Debuchy for 1.8m (was in desperate need of a rb)

I had Assaidi on loan all last year so I bought he from pool for 4.5mil

I also got a German called Leonardo Bittencourt. Cost me 15mil.

My budget is stretched to the limit after all that and I lost N'Zonzi to Napoli so I have no out and out DM which I play with!

Forgot winning the Europa League gets me into the Champions League now so will be right up against it in Europe.

Bring it on though.

Got a decent champions league group too. Have a chance anyways of getting through.

Benfica
    Basel
    Stoke
    Bordeaux

doable!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Hahha Fellaini and stoke

Advertisement