Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Nope it's basically just then saying they have no intention to sell... Happens irl where ridiculous prices are put on players and occasionally they're met (smalling, Walcott, rooney etc. jump to mind)...

Walcott went for 12 mill after bonuses, rooney was proven at the level. 47 mill for an unknown quantity is a bit much when his price tag is 400k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

gufc21 wrote: »
    Walcott went for 12 mill after bonuses, rooney was proven at the level. 47 mill for an unknown quantity is a bit much when his price tag is 400k

The price tag is fictitious really and normally they can be negotiated down to half the first negotiation... Also helps to disrupt them a bit first, I've found that the ones with the massive opening price tend to have little interest in joining (according to the scout)...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

After only getting the game at the end of December, finished my first season in charge. After a pretty stuttery start fumbling around with formations and being about 5th in the league before the Christmas period, I went on an incredible run and pipped Chelsea for the title by a point on the last day.

What these games are all about, the emotions were incredible. Added by the top right corner showing Chelsea's goals as it happened.

I then went into an FA Cup Final against Arsenal and lost 2-1 in extra time to a FREAK and RARE DDG error. Was mental and I immediately shut the game off claiming it was bugged and broken, so outragous was the goal.

I'll post some pics up later of end of seasons stats for anyone interested. Some playing staff highlights especially.

I've brought in mostly youngsters and some of them already had lit the team up. Munir was a really good purchase. Kept him a bit wrapped up in cotton wool but still managed to score 10+. Falcao was my main striker throughout the season and finished really well. Rooney I had tried to sell, spent most of his time on the bench and then in the last 10 games I simply couldn't drop him. He was incredible. Really made me think hard if I want to offload him.

Striker department is where my big decisions are. Henriquez is out on loan scoring for fun at Dinamo. Munir looks like he will be a beast. I've been tracking two strikers through scouting who both look incredible.

I sold RVP to Madrid for €25m as he was out of form and suffering a lot of injuries. I'm not going to sign Falcao permanently. I think I'll also end up selling Rooney to clear that wage he is on.

Going to continue with this save as I feel like I'm building something really good, but can also ssee myself starting a Dortmund save. Might try a different tactic, guess it can get boring if you use the same tactic over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Ribena74

anyone know if there is a transfer update out there that has all the LOI transfers updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

TheDoc wrote: »
    After only getting the game at the end of December, finished my first season in charge. After a pretty stuttery start fumbling around with formations and being about 5th in the league before the Christmas period, I went on an incredible run and pipped Chelsea for the title by a point on the last day.

What these games are all about, the emotions were incredible. Added by the top right corner showing Chelsea's goals as it happened.

I then went into an FA Cup Final against Arsenal and lost 2-1 in extra time to a FREAK and RARE DDG error. Was mental and I immediately shut the game off claiming it was bugged and broken, so outragous was the goal.

I'll post some pics up later of end of seasons stats for anyone interested. Some playing staff highlights especially.

I've brought in mostly youngsters and some of them already had lit the team up. Munir was a really good purchase. Kept him a bit wrapped up in cotton wool but still managed to score 10+. Falcao was my main striker throughout the season and finished really well. Rooney I had tried to sell, spent most of his time on the bench and then in the last 10 games I simply couldn't drop him. He was incredible. Really made me think hard if I want to offload him.

Striker department is where my big decisions are. Henriquez is out on loan scoring for fun at Dinamo. Munir looks like he will be a beast. I've been tracking two strikers through scouting who both look incredible.

I sold RVP to Madrid for €25m as he was out of form and suffering a lot of injuries. I'm not going to sign Falcao permanently. I think I'll also end up selling Rooney to clear that wage he is on.

Going to continue with this save as I feel like I'm building something really good, but can also ssee myself starting a Dortmund save. Might try a different tactic, guess it can get boring if you use the same tactic over and over again.

What tactics were you using?

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »

I'll share it when I get home, havn't got a screenshot handy on this computer. I think someone mentioned it already. I tinker like loads with tactics and try not to use shared tactics until I've had a good mess about.

But I ended up turning to the usual resources when first half of the season I was in dire straights.

I think it was called Chelsea something a few pages back.

Although I'm going to have a look at this "ChristenErikkson" tactic suite, hearing WAY too much about it.

Yassine Benzia is the striker I was talking about btw. Been monitoring him all year as he flagged up in a scout report, and looks to be serious business. Unfortunately was out for 4 months with a serious injury.

A friend was banging on about a Dutch striker beginning with a Z, can't remember it, but said that he is a must buy for everyone :O

I think I'll be going into the new season with three strikers. Munir and Henriquez back form loan, and then most likely try sign Benzia.

Having a bit of a real life hard on for Luciano Vietto, caught him a few times for Villareal this season and looks mental. Scout report came back last night that roared at me to buy him immediately.

Lucas Romero has been an unmitigated success story this year btw. I started him in DM and then moved him into CM alongside Herrera, just so good. I've Herrera moving more forward and Romero sitting when in attack alongside Carrick and it seemed to work wonders.

Herrera is excellent for me, scores some absolute belters as well.

I think I might start a Dortmund adventure tonight using this CErikkson stuff.

v3ttel wrote: »

Actually here is the tactic I used in the second half of the season that won me the league

http://www.fmscout.com/a-dennis-custom-chelsea-fm15.html

Found United to be very difficult for some reason using my old tried and trusted methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I'll share it when I get home, havn't got a screenshot handy on this computer. I think someone mentioned it already. I tinker like loads with tactics and try not to use shared tactics until I've had a good mess about.

But I ended up turning to the usual resources when first half of the season I was in dire straights.

I think it was called Chelsea something a few pages back.

Although I'm going to have a look at this "ChristenErikkson" tactic suite, hearing WAY too much about it.

Yassine Benzia is the striker I was talking about btw. Been monitoring him all year as he flagged up in a scout report, and looks to be serious business. Unfortunately was out for 4 months with a serious injury.

A friend was banging on about a Dutch striker beginning with a Z, can't remember it, but said that he is a must buy for everyone :O

I think I'll be going into the new season with three strikers. Munir and Henriquez back form loan, and then most likely try sign Benzia.

Having a bit of a real life hard on for Luciano Vietto, caught him a few times for Villareal this season and looks mental. Scout report came back last night that roared at me to buy him immediately.

Lucas Romero has been an unmitigated success story this year btw. I started him in DM and then moved him into CM alongside Herrera, just so good. I've Herrera moving more forward and Romero sitting when in attack alongside Carrick and it seemed to work wonders.

Herrera is excellent for me, scores some absolute belters as well.

I think I might start a Dortmund adventure tonight using this CErikkson stuff.

Zakkari Bakkali (Spelling?) is probably the Dutch striker. Actually it could be Richairo Zivkovic either. Both very good. Delay is another Dutch beast.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Zakkari Bakkali (Spelling?) is probably the Dutch striker. Actually it could be Richairo Zivkovic either. Both very good. Delay is another Dutch beast.

Zivkovic is the one.

Going to start my Dortmund save tonight. Believe they have a piddly transfer budget, anyone confirm that it is infact 5m ? That's outragous.

Luciano Vietto, Lucas Romero and Martin Odegaard are the three I have immediately in my head as signings. Romero was too good in my MUFC save, and Odegaard was showing great signs of development.

Want to try not copy the signings I made with MUFC, but will have to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Bruma is someone everyone should look at signing if they need a winger.

Neves as a CM from porto looks like he could become really good too.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Bruma is someone everyone should look at signing if they need a winger.

Neves as a CM from porto looks like he could become really good too.

He's killed me twice in the league playing for Schalke with Sam on the other side, tore me up!

My hidden gem that I haven't seen mention is Gil Romero, DLP (CM) absolutely on fire for me, but does pick up a lot of cards...

Also Savitskiy (sp) is a wizard, although well known in FMland already.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ruben Neves was stubborn as **** for me. Wouldn't sign for United when he was a youngster and Porto wanted something outrageous. He finally signed for Arsenal years down the line for the same valuation.

Started my Dortmund save and stuck in a friendly prematch setup. Most of the squad on holidays or injured, can't field 11 players, cant cancel the match .WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Started my Dortmund save and stuck in a friendly prematch setup. Most of the squad on holidays or injured, can't field 11 players, cant cancel the match .WTF?
    promote u21s or u19s up

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    promote u21s or u19s up

Couldn't as they were friendlies while on training camp

Actually had to exit the game and start again, stupid.

5m transfer budget, all key players injured for 6+ weeks, in some cases months, start of the two games Subotic demanded to be sold to Real Madrid.

This is going to be a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Happened to me in fm14. If you don't have youth players go on holiday for the match the game will use a load of non existent players to fill the gaps

Happened to me in fm14. If you don't have youth players go on holiday for the match the game will use a load of non existent players to fill the gaps

Wouldn't do anything for me, couldn't start the match, couldn't cancel, couldn't promote youth. Ended up exiting the game and starting fresh.

To be honest seeing the STATE of Dortmund might continue with my MUFC save. Was reading a manager story on another forum and really made me want to try go through the second season and win the CL.

just won the league with rochdale first season, Yesil and Pozo were my saviours. absolutely fcked for the championship.. such a budget squad, got 1 mill transfer budget so I decided to ask for a stadium expansion, improved training facilities and youth. then put the rest into wages and brought Lloyd Isgrove from southampton, Sammy Ameobi, Stuart Holden, Alex Bruce, Zayatte, McNair and Benik Afobe all in on free transfers.. backed up by Rolando Aarons, Jordan Rossiter and Yesil all on loan and some utd Rb think its Vermilj.. coming 6th after 12 games which is surprising hope we can keep it up, being ****ed over by Yesil and Afobe, everytime one comes back they get injured again

just won the league with rochdale first season, Yesil and Pozo were my saviours. absolutely fcked for the championship.. such a budget squad, got 1 mill transfer budget so I decided to ask for a stadium expansion, improved training facilities and youth. then put the rest into wages and brought Lloyd Isgrove from southampton, Sammy Ameobi, Stuart Holden, Alex Bruce, Zayatte, McNair and Benik Afobe all in on free transfers.. backed up by Rolando Aarons, Jordan Rossiter and Yesil all on loan and some utd Rb think its Vermilj.. coming 6th after 12 games which is surprising hope we can keep it up, being ****ed over by Yesil and Afobe, everytime one comes back they get injured again

Wow good work, I miss playing as a small team so think I need to start a new save I think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Wow good work, I miss playing as a small team so think I need to start a new save I think!!
    Small teams are the only way to go in my book :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I never play as a big team in FM. There's a really rewarding feeling in taking a small team and building them up to glory.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Small teams are the only way to go in my book :cool:

Yeah same as me normally but this year doing wolfsburg for a change and my brother's doing the same so a bit of competition...

Might go for Cheltenham for the next save.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

for the first time in my FM life i done a back to back to back promotions and took Tranmere from League one the whole way up. Still havent actually spent money on a player (loaned my soul to get me up). My girlfriend doesnt understand my joy or my sense of achievement. Heres my question how do I break up with her?

Iang87 wrote: »
    for the first time in my FM life i done a back to back to back promotions and took Tranmere from League one the whole way up. Still havent actually spent money on a player (loaned my soul to get me up). My girlfriend doesnt understand my joy or my sense of achievement. Heres my question how do I break up with her?

terminate her contract

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

terminate her contract
    :pac:

Fine her two weeks wages and go on holiday by yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

look to loan her out to your feeder club.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

RossieMan wrote: »
    look to loan her out to your feeder club.

im currently looking for a parent club ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Have an argument with her and keep quitting and loading until you win it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

terminate her contract

Offer her a mutual termination first though, she might take, less money in the long run :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Garrigai

Bring in a few free transfers on trial

Advertisement