Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    go to editing your corner, play a short pass to a guy midway between edge of the pen area and 6 yard box, he can then cut a pass back, set a midfielder roaming edge of the box then he takes a shot. scored a ridiculous amount of corners. or download christian eriksen beautiful play tactic and it is already made.

Well finished the 2027 season and was able to get 7 goals from corners this season which is joint 2nd in goals from corners by adapting the abut tactic and breaking the into the top 3. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

sorry for being so simple lads but can someone literally walk me through the process of setting up this corner tactic. I tried the set piece editor but cant seem to get my players to take it short or do the layback

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Iang87 wrote: »
    sorry for being so simple lads but can someone literally walk me through the process of setting up this corner tactic. I tried the set piece editor but cant seem to get my players to take it short or do the layback

Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 15.48.28.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

So what's the general feeling on this years offering?

I think it's decent, not great, but certainly the best since 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

So what's the general feeling on this years offering?

I think it's decent, not great, but certainly the best since 2011

I think it's the best in a long time but there are certain things that are surely easy to adjust (such as injuries) that keep it from being perfect and which get complained about far too often to not be 'fixed'.

• Advertisement

Injuries have been ridiculous this year

Still not released a patch to properly address this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Can't say i have a huge problem with injuries, at least in lower leagues.

Downloaded a mod last night unlocking the eng league down to county divisions. Really fun. Gona take a team from the ninth tier to champ league, Stourport swifts. At least I'll go up. I'm guessing i will only be able to bring them so far. The league is ranked 248th in europe. Only problem is i have a wage budget of 43k (i think) but my wage is 26k. Can't wait to negotiate my contract!! I'd start unemployed if i had option again i think

Just had a penalty shootout, missed my first 3 (with them scoring 2/3) and then managed to get through, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Proving to be impossible to get rid of N'Zogbia and he has 2 years left on his contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xavier8228

Proving to be impossible to get rid of N'Zogbia and he has 2 years left on his contract.

I'm the same with Anderson, offered him to clubs and nobody wants him!

• Advertisement

xavier8228 wrote: »

Anderson left for free in my game in the end and sat as a free agent for a while before going to Brazil...

There's definitely less ridiculous freebies this year imo, my only good one has been Ben arfa so far

Any tips on improving the quality of my new youth intake each season?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

xavier8228 wrote: »

I handed over outbound transfer responsability to Ed Woodward, and just Transfer listed a rake of players I didn't want.

Eddie got rid of them all, bar Anderson, but he negotiated a loan move away from OT.

I had to restart my game after installing some facepacks, and after struggling to shift players out first time round, handed it over to Chief Exec and went a lot smoother.

Kept inbound transfers down to me, as Woodward utterly ****ed up a Depay deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Anyone else playing as a LOI team? I'm playing as Cork City and we just seem to be haemorrheging money every month. I'm probably losing about 100k a month. Just wondering if its similar with other LOI clubs. I've never had that problem in the older FM games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

yep im losing money each month. I'm playing as limerick so i've awful attendances aswell. Basically trying everything to stay in the cups. Theres also the limerick squad which is huge to start with so thats not helping matters, not sure is cork the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

gufc21 wrote: »
    Can't say i have a huge problem with injuries, at least in lower leagues.

Downloaded a mod last night unlocking the eng league down to county divisions. Really fun. Gona take a team from the ninth tier to champ league, Stourport swifts. At least I'll go up. I'm guessing i will only be able to bring them so far. The league is ranked 248th in europe. Only problem is i have a wage budget of 43k (i think) but my wage is 26k. Can't wait to negotiate my contract!! I'd start unemployed if i had option again i think

Where did you download tho mate? I assume its a data base?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Where did you download tho mate? I assume its a data base?

http://www.fmscout.com/a-english-lower-leagues-and-epl-real-fixtures-fm15.html

pop it into editor data and your flying. Only prob I've found (apart from the fact you are guaranteed to loose money, albeit nothing drastic) is prem league referees sometimes ref the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

http://www.fmscout.com/a-english-lower-leagues-and-epl-real-fixtures-fm15.html

pop it into editor data and your flying. Only prob I've found (apart from the fact you are guaranteed to loose money, albeit nothing drastic) is prem league referees sometimes ref the games.

Cheers mate ill have a crack at it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Iang87 wrote: »
    yep im losing money each month. I'm playing as limerick so i've awful attendances aswell. Basically trying everything to stay in the cups. Theres also the limerick squad which is huge to start with so thats not helping matters, not sure is cork the same

Ya the squad i started with is pretty big to be fair. Probably should offload a few in the transfer window. I'm still within my wage budget though which is the weird thing.

EDIT: Just noticed a lot of my U19 squad is on around 200 a week which is mad considering my first team players aren't on much more than that.

Squad come to complain to me that my RB isn't being given a chance in the first team... a bit annoying, he's played 33/34 games this year, more appearances than every other player in the squad :mad: Where's the f*off reply?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Could someone inform me a bit more about all these downloads ie Christian Eriksen formation?

Also I see people into 2026 already. How do ye get such speed in the game?

Finished comfortably in 11th with Villa. Decided not to renew Vlaar or Guzan's contracts to free up some wage space. Have Bakkali coming in on free. Hoping himself and Grealish on either wings will liven things up for us. Mulder from Feyenoord also comes in for nothing and will be the starting keeper. Full backs need improving, I may have to depend on loans there.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Will they ever learn

giBeu51.png

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

crashed on me the other day and i had played a few games since my monthly in game save! It has just knocked the stuffing out of me and i won't play it for a couple weeks now! hate when it happens! :(
    in the middle of my first season with Liverpool and playing a diamond formation! struggling with a good side (including a couple new signings) and my team have just became fluid in the formation i play and i have the whole squad on individual training for the positions they are playing in! champions league qualification is not looking good, still in cup comps and mid table in league! Definitely will turn it around i think but hopefully i get the time with the board and hopefully my players stop giving me cheek when i praise them for scoring on international duty or man of match performances (confused on that one)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

closeline wrote: »
    Could someone inform me a bit more about all these downloads ie Christian Eriksen formation?

Also I see people into 2026 already. How do ye get such speed in the game?

www.fm-base.co.uk/

Some of the threads there can ruin the FM experience. You can lose the satisfaction got from finding a wonderkid or creating your own successful tactic etc.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/179480-christianeriksen-beautiful-play.html

Alot of users share there tactics and thats where you will find "ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play". Hes always updating/tweaking it.

Got sacked by Villa for refusing to work with reduced budgets. Now October and I'm with Manchester City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Looks like they still haven't got the player happiness right. had a player moaning about not getting enough games after he had just started 2 in a row. Had a bug as well where i was in second place in the league with one game to go and the team that where top were 4 points ahead of me...queue questions about my chances of winning the league.
    Apart from that have to say i'm loving this version. Was finding it hard toget consistency until i downloaded a FourTwoFour tatic and now i'm firing in the goals, but can concede a few sometimes as well. Playng as Newport Co. in league 1

Is the fact that clubs are looking for astronomical fees for youngsters a bug and can we expect a fix if so?

Is the fact that clubs are looking for astronomical fees for youngsters a bug and can we expect a fix if so?

Nope it's basically just then saying they have no intention to sell... Happens irl where ridiculous prices are put on players and occasionally they're met (smalling, Walcott, rooney etc. jump to mind)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ok I'm finished. 2026 with Shrewsbury. Finally won the PL after 4 straight years finishing 2nd. Nobody won back to back titles in those years, one team was always just brilliant in the league and I couldn't do any more. Trophy list at the end was something like 1x League 2 Champions, 1x League 1 Champions, 2x League Cup, 2x FA Cup, 1x Europa League, 1x Champions League, 1x World Club Champions.

Started with a 9000 seat stadium, was expanded to 20,000 by the time I was in the PL, couldn't expand any more and because it was a pretty new stadium and the 20 year rule I had to change the stadiums age in the editor. As soon as I did this the board built a new stadium, 30,000 and after 1 year planned to expand it to 40,000. It was planned to take 2 years but after one year the board came back saying plan in permission had failed out effort to build a new stadium, clearly some sort of bug but it was my last season anyways so I didn't really care. I had hoped to win the PL and CL double but I couldn't manage it, should have done it in my last season but Liverpool somehow beat me 4-1 in the first leg even though I was all over them so that pretty much ended my chances, I was winning the home leg 3-0 before they scored in the last 10 minutes, at that point I nearly threw the laptop out the window. Not winning that double was my only real dissapointment in the game.

In 2022 I was offered the Netherlands job, took the from 8th in the World Rankings to 2nd, got to the Euro 2024 final and was winning 1-0 against England when my own player from Shrewsbury scored twice in 2 minutes and won the Euros for England. I resigned a couple days later.

After a week I was offered the Italy job, 14th in the World but I set my sights on winnin the 2026 World Cup, qualified easily, won my group easily, though had a scare when I was losing 3-0 to Japan at half time, but came back to win 6-3 with 4 goals in the final 5 minutes. Long story short I won it, beating Croatia in the final 3-0. I also beat them 7-1 in the Group stage.

Best players for me in the game were Alen Halilovic, 10m from Atletico and Patrick Roberts, 15m from Fulham.

Really enjoyed the game though it was extremely frustrating at times with a lot of injuries and players getting unhappy even though I sign them as a backup or rotation and they still play 10-30 times a season but are constantly unhappy.

Advertisement