Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Not bad at all now and definitely different, not sure upgrade is the right word but I prefer it.

Like how much different would it be ? as i would the past few football managers to be basically the same. As i know of the new interface is there anything else new ?.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What the hell is going on with injuries in this bloody game. It's crazy. Ever week someone else is out :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Kiith wrote: »
    What the hell is going on with injuries in this bloody game. It's crazy. Ever week someone else is out :mad:

If your Man United its just very realistic tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Why can't I win more than two on the bounce. I have a good squad put together, one of better in ire div 1, but I can't get a run going to save my life. Haven't played in a few years so just trying to get back into it. Anyone know a good guide on sideline shouts and instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

gufc21 wrote: »
    Why can't I win more than two on the bounce. I have a good squad put together, one of better in ire div 1, but I can't get a run going to save my life. Haven't played in a few years so just trying to get back into it. Anyone know a good guide on sideline shouts and instructions.

Try tighten up and concentrate shout when you take the lead, I find you can't really use the same tactic all the time in this years game, have a second tactic ready for when you go a goal up.
    I was cork for 2 seasons and had good success with a 5-3-2, the defending is so atrocious in the irish league that having 3 centre backs worked a treat, moved to a 3-4-3 if i was chasing a late goal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Here's the problem I'm having.

Got promoted with Leeds

Once it was announced how much I had, I spunked 4 million on striker Imoh Ezekiel and 3 million on defensive midfielder Stanislav Radosevic.

This left me with 1 million in the bank and still 80k a week under my wage budget.

However, once the season expectations screen came up, i then got the screen notifying me of wage increases as agreed with my players - I incentivised the hell out of them, and now my weekly wage budget of 400k is now 520k.

That's completely stole the 1 million i have in the bank and the most its allowing me to offer potential loan or free signings is 100 quid a week.

What the **** do I do? I need a left back, keeper, 2 wingers and 2 more strikers.

Cellino won't give me any more wages ot transfer budget, and if I sell anyone, he's taking 65% of it and the other 35% will go on balancing the wage budget

HELP

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

There's not much you can do I think!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    There's not much you can do I think!

Thought as much. I'll just have to play the kids or first teamers out of position I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Given Cellino's record you've done well not to be sacked already!

Given Cellino's record you've done well not to be sacked already!

Exactly- promotion at the 2nd attempt after I lost the playoff final in the first season.

He's given me the square root of f*ck all transfer budget wise- some things never change, eh?

• Advertisement

He's randomly just given me 11 million! What a f**king fruitcake!

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

Brother got me this for xmas after I used to always play it up until 3 years ago when it was affecting my college work!

Started one with Limerick just to get used to it again and was doing ok, won 4 drew 2 and lost 1. Decided to move on and start a proper game with Southampton. Thought I had made some good buys: Balanta, Slimani, Dockal and Bonazzoli. Brought in some good staff as well, sorted out the training.

But jesus did things go wrong. Sacked after 11 games, won 0 drew 5 lost 6. Just could not hold onto a lead. Seemed every time I scored the opposition would just bury one right after.
    First 6 games were City, Arsenal, United, Tottenham, Everton and Chelsea, which didn't help, lost 4 of those. Moral was shot after that

Played a 4-3-2-1 DM most of the time.

What was going wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Hi lads,

Anyone play the iPad version? Got iPad for Christmas cause our laptop is on its last legs. Is the iPad version way behind the pc one in terms of gameplay and depth, only read a couple of online reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Really not enjoying it this year. I don't enjoy managing big teams and I always start in the lower leagues, but the players in the lower leagues are still absolutely useless and it's January. Have they still not fixed anything? My keeper plays like someone who doesn't even know how to spell 'football'.

I took over at a team in the 2nd tier in the U.A.E. The two african strikers both have long term injuries. Striker 1 (32% of the wage budget) has a broken leg and Striker number 2 (28% of the wage budget) has a torn calf. Currently €6.5k p/w over budget. I see why the last manager was sacked after 8 games now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Junior D wrote: »
    Brother got me this for xmas after I used to always play it up until 3 years ago when it was affecting my college work!

Started one with Limerick just to get used to it again and was doing ok, won 4 drew 2 and lost 1. Decided to move on and start a proper game with Southampton. Thought I had made some good buys: Balanta, Slimani, Dockal and Bonazzoli. Brought in some good staff as well, sorted out the training.

But jesus did things go wrong. Sacked after 11 games, won 0 drew 5 lost 6. Just could not hold onto a lead. Seemed every time I scored the opposition would just bury one right after.
    First 6 games were City, Arsenal, United, Tottenham, Everton and Chelsea, which didn't help, lost 4 of those. Moral was shot after that

Played a 4-3-2-1 DM most of the time.

What was going wrong?

Can't really tell you what went wrong but it is surprising because they're a very nice team to manage if your looking for a team that you can carry to the top in a short space of time. The team more or less picks itself, the squad just needs some depth when you takeover and a few starters such as Balanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

Anyone else having a stupid amount of goals scored in the first minute of the second half

• Registered Users Posts: 45,237 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Just finished a season with United - where my team scored neear 250 goals in all comps.

Falcao with 75, Nani with near 40, Rooney about the same, Wilson, Di Maria, Januzaj all around the 20 mark. Stupid amount of goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Just finished a season with United - where my team scored neear 250 goals in all comps.

Falcao with 75, Nani with near 40, Rooney about the same, Wilson, Di Maria, Januzaj all around the 20 mark. Stupid amount of goals.

ya must share that tactic ;)

Nolars wrote: »
    ya must share that tactic ;)

it is a merge or a formation I downloaded elsewhere and one I had started the game with myself.

Its probably more the downloaded formation than anything I have done. I swapped a position or two and changed some of the passing mentality to suit my own players.

Have two main formations:

De Gea
    Ramos----Jones
    Rafael
    Shaw
    Herrera---Thiago
    Di Maria
    Rooney----Nani
    Falcao

and

De Gea
    Ramos----Jones
    Rafael
    Shaw
    Herrera---Thiago
    Di Maria
    Januzaj
    Rooney-Falcao

I'll throw them up later. As good a chance it is nowt to do with the formation and all to do with the players.

As a side note - I see SIGames still haven't fixed the issue where international games take place the day before the CL final. Lost Falcao, Rafael, Di Maria and someoneelse (can't remember) from the final over it.

it is a merge or a formation I downloaded elsewhere and one I had started the game with myself.

Its probably more the downloaded formation than anything I have done. I swapped a position or two and changed some of the passing mentality to suit my own players.

Have two main formations:

De Gea
    Ramos----Jones
    Rafael
    Shaw
    Herrera---Thiago
    Di Maria
    Rooney----Nani
    Falcao

and

De Gea
    Ramos----Jones
    Rafael
    Shaw
    Herrera---Thiago
    Di Maria
    Januzaj
    Rooney-Falcao

I'll throw them up later. As good a chance it is nowt to do with the formation and all to do with the players.

As a side note - I see SIGames still haven't fixed the issue where international games take place the day before the CL final. Lost Falcao, Rafael, Di Maria and someoneelse (can't remember) from the final over it.

Try playing the irish first division and having your keeper, winger and striker miss a few games a year for u21 duty. Including a win for the title game on the last day of the season. Not a large proportion of squad granted but key players all the same and no option to ask for change of dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Had that happen my Southampton team in the CL final. Balanta, Lucas Romero, Lucas Moura, Pereyra, Peruzzi, Gaston Ramirez all missing.

Luckily I was playing PSG who's defence is mainly South American; Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marquinhos, Alex Sandro as well as the likes of Pastore and Lavezzi.

Was looking bad until Zlatan got sent off!
    333750.jpg

Does anyone have any advice re training. Assistant doing it at the moment but would like to take it over i think

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd be interested in seeing that tactic too. Was meddling with my own, and tried a few highly rated downloads but kept struggling with United first half of the season.

I'm second now three points behind Chelsea at January in my first season. Settled on a 4-4-2 of sorts. Really like a 4-1-1-3-1

GK: De Gea in goals. Have a young lad in my under 18's that looks like he might be a belter in the future so will probably let Lindegaard go.

RB: Signed a lad from Leeds, right back after a scouting report and he had a rough start but settled as my first choice now. Valencia operates as cover.

LB: Shaw when he is fit, Rojo and Blind provide cover.

CB: Have Jones, Evans, Rojo and a lad whose name escapes me. Friend recommended him.

DM: Lucas Romero has come in for me and is playing sensational stuff. First choice. Blind and Carrick provide cover. Also have Ruben Neves as one for the future.

CM: Herrara my first choice and Di Maria slots in on occasion. Plenty of cover from my DM's.

AML: Di Maria. Absolutely tearing up the league. Lacking some cover though so looking into signing Depay. Mata typically operates out there on occasion.

AMR: Januzaj was playing sensational but has a four month injury, Valencia providing cover at the moment Rooney backup.

AMC: Mata is in top form and my main man. Signed Martin Odesgaard as one for the future here.

ST: Falcao is doing well after a slow start to the season. First choice, with Munir signed from Barca as backup.

I let Smalling, Fletcher, Anderson, Fellaini, Rafael and Van Persie go. Real offered 25m for RVP who has not being in form and suffered injuries so a no brainer. Munir done well when played and from my reserves there is a young guy there on loan scoring goals for fun. Will be promoting him next season.

Most likely going to offload Rooney end of season. Astronomical wages and really doesn't fit into what I want to do. Might not make the Falcao loan permanent either. Chico doing well on loan so he might come back into the frey.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I use this tactic with United.
    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/192642-desire-entertain-true-arsene-wenger-tactic-74-goals-scored-25-games.html
    I love it. Changed the left winger from a inside forward to a winger though.

De Gea
    Rafael Jones Balanta Shaw
    Koke Herrera
    Januzaj Mata Di Maria
    Rvp/Rooney/Barbosa

Here are the tactics I use.

THe 'Denis Custom' one is the one I downloaded.

I'm not sure how much i tinkered for my own formations, probably not a lot beyond changing a couple of positions and the passing style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'd be interested in seeing that tactic too. Was meddling with my own, and tried a few highly rated downloads but kept struggling with United first half of the season.

I'm second now three points behind Chelsea at January in my first season. Settled on a 4-4-2 of sorts. Really like a 4-1-1-3-1

GK: De Gea in goals. Have a young lad in my under 18's that looks like he might be a belter in the future so will probably let Lindegaard go.

RB: Signed a lad from Leeds, right back after a scouting report and he had a rough start but settled as my first choice now. Valencia operates as cover.

LB: Shaw when he is fit, Rojo and Blind provide cover.

CB: Have Jones, Evans, Rojo and a lad whose name escapes me. Friend recommended him.

DM: Lucas Romero has come in for me and is playing sensational stuff. First choice. Blind and Carrick provide cover. Also have Ruben Neves as one for the future.

CM: Herrara my first choice and Di Maria slots in on occasion. Plenty of cover from my DM's.

AML: Di Maria. Absolutely tearing up the league. Lacking some cover though so looking into signing Depay. Mata typically operates out there on occasion.

AMR: Januzaj was playing sensational but has a four month injury, Valencia providing cover at the moment Rooney backup.

AMC: Mata is in top form and my main man. Signed Martin Odesgaard as one for the future here.

ST: Falcao is doing well after a slow start to the season. First choice, with Munir signed from Barca as backup.

I let Smalling, Fletcher, Anderson, Fellaini, Rafael and Van Persie go. Real offered 25m for RVP who has not being in form and suffered injuries so a no brainer. Munir done well when played and from my reserves there is a young guy there on loan scoring goals for fun. Will be promoting him next season.

Most likely going to offload Rooney end of season. Astronomical wages and really doesn't fit into what I want to do. Might not make the Falcao loan permanent either. Chico doing well on loan so he might come back into the frey.

My first season going pretty much like yours only I signed volland instead of munir he can play anywhere and scores tons of goals he is on about 20 for season already playing from right wing.

Will have a look at the above tactics if my current one goes a bit haywire. Had some good results and on a massive winning streak, so don't want to disrupt the flow too much.

Doing a bit of community reading, and interestingly a lot of quarters saying that CM's in this game are absolutely dire and useless. Notice a lot of the most succesfull custom tactics, use no central midfielders. Odd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Also playing as United. Had an indifferent start to the season, but eventually settled on a 4-1-1-2-2 lineup.

GK: De Gea as first choice obviously. Lindegaard as backup.

RB: Have Rafael and Jones. Rafael is the first choice.

CB: Balanta, Evans, Rojo, Smalling. Balanta was the undisputed first choice when I got him in January, before that it was Evans and Rojo. Now I alternate between Evans and Rojo for LCB, and put Smalling in as RCB if Balanta needs a rest.

LB: Shaw as first choice, Blind as backup.

DM: Carrick as first choice, with Fellaini and Blind as the alternative options.

CM: Romero as a box to box midfielder. If he plays well the team plays well. Herrera as a backup, but I tweak the tactic to cope without Romero. Herrara comes in as a CM (Support). I retrained Rooney as a CM, so when RVP and Falcao are fit at the same time (which is very, very rarely), I have the option to stick Rooney in instead of Romero as a box to box midfielder.

Wingers: Di Maria, Depay, Januzaj, Odegaard, Mata. Di Maria and Depay are first choice. Both are excellent and score/assist an absolute ton of goals. Januzaj was out injured a lot at the start, he comes in as third choice now, as the other two are excellent. Odegaard and Mata are really #10s and I don't play a #10, as Rooney is pushed up front, but as a DLP. Odegaard does a decent job on the wing though. I only really use Mata as a sub, when I switch from using 2 STs.

Strikers: I can't keep any of them fit, except Rooney. Both RVP and Falcao have been out numerous times with injuries. I play Rooney as a DLP, and RVP/Falcao as a poacher. A few times I've played Falcao as a poacher, with RVP as a DLP and Rooney in CM.

I sent Wilson on loan. I couldn't get any takers for Anderson, Young or Valencia, but they never get any game time.

I had an awful start, with then switched to this formation, using a counter attacking, more direct and higher tempo style and that has worked a lot better. I was 2nd in the league until the final 5 games when every player dramatically lost form. Ended up finishing third, and won the FA Cup.

At the start I was using a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, with an attacking style, possession based and slower tempo (as it recommended in the tips in the previous versions that high tempo doesn't work with possession - which I think is crazy), and I couldn't get a result all.

I gave Woodward the responsibility of shifting out players I have transfer or loan listed. Havn't had any issues getting rid thankfully.

However providing him responsability for acquiring targets, he has come up well short. Have taken back the responsability after he nearly let two deals slip.

Odegaard was one for the future. It's not secret he turns into an animal, but its normally around 2019 when most his stats hit 18+ and he's unbelievable. However even now, after only three games, he has three assists and a goal. I'll have to be strong and keep him in the under age squad developing while Mata is in such fine form.

Must grab myself a new RB aswell. Valencia is SO good playing on the right, and I've little cover there. 16m for Rafael was too good to turn down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I bought Coleman and he did very well.

Send Zaha out on loan and then keep him. He has been outstanding for me.

I got Nathaniel Chalobah off Chelsea for €2 million. He's now worth 31 million and is solid.

Advertisement