Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

finished 6th with leicester first season, picked up a few decent players in the summer. pereyra on a free, murphy from norwich season before, fuchs on a free micah richards on a free, italian cb and gk on frees leali is the gk highly recommend, lopez false nine from seria a has been very good for 8 mill.. origi on loan, sold ulloa for 10 and king for 6. struggling in the europa but winning the league hala the foxes just stuffed chelsea 3-0

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

wohoo it is 12 march 2026 and i just got my Continental Pro Licence after starting with nothing. as a side note looking at my profile i notice that the following attributes failed to increase at all, Working with Youngsters, Adaptability, Determination and Level of Discipline

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I hired a guy as a Player/Assistant Manager. The half-time teamtalk he just gave demotivated the entire team, including himself.

1474.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anyone got any advice in signing wonderkids I've found a few while scouting one is a defender called sule anyway tried to sign him he is valued at half a mil and they won't accept anything less then 40 mil for him. Is it best to keep them on shortlist for a few years and wait until their contract is run down a bit or do the clubs still ask for crazy money even in last year of contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Oat23 wrote: »
    I hired a guy as a Player/Assistant Manager. The half-time teamtalk he just gave demotivated the entire team, including himself.

1474.gif

David Moyes? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

jayo26 wrote: »
    Anyone got any advice in signing wonderkids I've found a few while scouting one is a defender called sule anyway tried to sign him he is valued at half a mil and they won't accept anything less then 40 mil for him. Is it best to keep them on shortlist for a few years and wait until their contract is run down a bit or do the clubs still ask for crazy money even in last year of contract?

Had this happen alot also and failed to find a solution. In most cases the teams were pretty high profile and the German teams in particular asked for crazy amounts. Teams in South America were alot easier deal with when signing the kids. Now I need to work out how to get them to fulfill there potential.

tvercetti wrote: »
    Had this happen alot also and failed to find a solution. In most cases the teams were pretty high profile and the German teams in particular asked for crazy amounts. Teams in South America were alot easier deal with when signing the kids. Now I need to work out how to get them to fulfill there potential.

The potential bit is all easier just study the attributes they need for the best position and train them attributes with good coaches and facilities and make sure they get loads first team football.

i find it hard with some players, start of the game schalke wanted like 50m for a 16 year old striker was a joke.

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    i find it hard with some players, start of the game schalke wanted like 50m for a 16 year old striker was a joke.

Yes I am after him too is that the 17 year old striker adijav or something his name is. I'm still finishing my first season and the started negotiations about 45 million plus 5 in payments so I backed off and couple weeks later I declared my interest in him again and he was unsettled so I'm gonna bid for him in summer he says he would love to play for me lol. I'll update on how I get on

Yes I am after him too is that the 17 year old striker adijav or something his name is. I'm still finishing my first season and the started negotiations about 45 million plus 5 in payments so I backed off and couple weeks later I declared my interest in him again and he was unsettled so I'm gonna bid for him in summer he says he would love to play for me lol. I'll update on how I get on

yeah thats him, lad looks unreal. bitch to try sign though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What a bunch of chokers I'm managing. Lost 6 of the last 8 and lost my 9 point lead at the top. I only lost 3 games before this horrific run to finish the season.

Losing to Sangju is one of the worst results I've ever had. They are the military team that is full of regens with an average age of 18.

pFomCgS.png

IAqaOcv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Just reviewed my starts for the last season, I am very poor at corners, only 1 goal scored all season from corners.

Any one got any good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I picked up Lucas Ocampo on a free in 2019 thinking I could sell him on for a bit of a profit. Well he has been fantastic and is now worth 48.5million! :eek:

Just reviewed my starts for the last season, I am very poor at corners, only 1 goal scored all season from corners.

Any one got any good advice

go to editing your corner, play a short pass to a guy midway between edge of the pen area and 6 yard box, he can then cut a pass back, set a midfielder roaming edge of the box then he takes a shot. scored a ridiculous amount of corners. or download christian eriksen beautiful play tactic and it is already made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    go to editing your corner, play a short pass to a guy midway between edge of the pen area and 6 yard box, he can then cut a pass back, set a midfielder roaming edge of the box then he takes a shot. scored a ridiculous amount of corners. or download christian eriksen beautiful play tactic and it is already made.

I have a similar corner setup. It should probably be considered a bug that no team ever picks up the free man receiving the short corner because you score a ridiculous amount of goals from it. I almost feel guilty setting up that way. Key word being almost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Just spent my entire January transfer budget on a striker and it now says I have to wait 110 days to apply for a work permit.

Any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I signed Benatia and Strootman just before the second season started, and my team has absolutely collapsed. Lost 6-1 to Chelsea in the Community Shield. 4-0 to Liverpool as part of lost 5 Premier League games in a row. Probably lost 7 out of 12 overall :eek:

All the players morale is low, most of them are unhappy because we're underachieving, and most players get a rating of 6.2 or less, I've had players with ratings in the 4s. I've tried shaking up the tactics, etc, but nothing seems to work. If I use my three subs, I'll get an injury straight after it.

Oddly enough, in the between the horrible runs, I've beaten Bayern Munich, and scored 7 against Norwich in the Premier League.

I'm playing Classic, so the options of how to turn it around are limited. Any tips on when things go horribly wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

v3ttel wrote: »
    I signed Benatia and Strootman just before the second season started, and my team has absolutely collapsed. Lost 6-1 to Chelsea in the Community Shield. 4-0 to Liverpool as part of lost 5 Premier League games in a row. Probably lost 7 out of 12 overall :eek:

All the players morale is low, most of them are unhappy because we're underachieving, and most players get a rating of 6.2 or less, I've had players with ratings in the 4s. I've tried shaking up the tactics, etc, but nothing seems to work. If I use my three subs, I'll get an injury straight after it.

Oddly enough, in the between the horrible runs, I've beaten Bayern Munich, and scored 7 against Norwich in the Premier League.

I'm playing Classic, so the options of how to turn it around are limited. Any tips on when things go horribly wrong?

Are you playing a goalkeeper?

It's hard turn it around when it hits the fan like that, I got the bullet from Dortmund in similar circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

threein99 wrote: »
    Are you playing a goalkeeper?

It's hard turn it around when it hits the fan like that, I got the bullet from Dortmund in similar circumstances

The lineup that lost 6-1 to Chelsea was:

De Gea
    Rafael--Benatia--Balanta--Shaw
    Romero-Strootman
    Di Maria
    Mata
    Depay
    Van Persie

I've tried tweaking the formation, radically changing the formation, changing the instructions, changing the mentality, going back to basics and only using 1 or 2 instructions.

Similarly strong lineups have gotten battered since then. I'm out of ideas and not sure what went wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

v3ttel wrote: »
    The lineup that lost 6-1 to Chelsea was:

De Gea
    Rafael--Benatia--Balanta--Shaw
    Romero-Strootman
    Di Maria
    Mata
    Depay
    Van Persie

I've tried tweaking the formation, radically changing the formation, changing the instructions, changing the mentality, going back to basics and only using 1 or 2 instructions.

Similarly strong lineups have gotten battered since then. I'm out of ideas and not sure what went wrong.

Do you use team and individual instructions?

• Advertisement

Balotelli is 29 now in my game and is a free patent worth peanuts! His career seemed to noise dive after I dropped him from the Italy squad a few seasons back.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Balotelli is 29 now in my game and is a free patent worth peanuts! His career seemed to noise dive after I dropped him from the Italy squad a few seasons back.

Sign him! He got 40 goals and over 20 assists in his first season for me

Sign him! He got 40 goals and over 20 assists in his first season for me

Nah, I have three class strikers and only one out and out striker position! I have two "wonderkids" for there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Would be a class signing for wee SouthPort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

I kiss the inter toto cup :(sure fire way of qualifying for Europe finishing 8th or 9th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

I kiss the inter toto cup :(sure fire way of qualifying for Europe finishing 8th or 9th :(

You only get to kiss it if you win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Still playing the demo as unsure about getting the full game.

Signed Yobo on a free for Derby just there. 6 days later he gets injured and out for 8-10 months!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Colemania wrote: »
    Still playing the demo as unsure about getting the full game.

Signed Yobo on a free for Derby just there. 6 days later he gets injured and out for 8-10 months!!!

I downloaded it yesterday and i played it all day. Really liking this one, Like the layout and it seems faster than 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Costa got 63 goals in all competitions in his first season for me at Chelsea, ridiculous player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

Got the bullet at the end of the season there for Metalist. Poor enough season in the league, was in 7th when they sacked me. A seriously poor start and stuttering finish killed me. Quarter final of Europa League and Semi of the cup. I learned a lot of lessons tactically from this game though. A huge amount of injuries as well though, whats up with that!?

Advertisement