Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vikings on RTE?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Is this the main thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Is this the main thread?

I think this is.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056576916&page=16

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

That one tonight was all over the place. Too many different plots with too many characters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭eire4

Just finished watching the first half of season 4 last week and loved it. I like to wait until a season is done and then binge watch it when I get a chance. But I had no idea that there was going to be 20 episodes in season 4 split into 2 10 episode installments. I guess the second 10 episodes of season 4 will air sometime later this Autumn. Excited about that as well as the fact that there is for sure going to be a season 5.

• Advertisement

Texas Jack wrote: »

Outstanding. I was thinking I was going to have to wait until some time in the Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Are we getting another 'dose' of Vikings before Christmas? Think there were a total of 20 episodes for this year, but we've only seen 10 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

iora_rua wrote: »
    Are we getting another 'dose' of Vikings before Christmas? Think there were a total of 20 episodes for this year, but we've only seen 10 so far.
    November 30.
    http://deadline.com/2016/09/vikings-midseason-premiere-moves-wednesday-1201819153/#

Brilliant! Thank you brian_t ...

Looking forward to that big time. Nice to know the date when it returns thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Seems it's going out on Amazon Prime tomorrow and History channel at some later date. No idea what that date is though, or when it goes out on RTE in HD. Anyone known?

Seems it's going out on Amazon Prime tomorrow and History channel at some later date. No idea what that date is though, or when it goes out on RTE in HD. Anyone known?

I thought it was supposed to be on the History channel tonight, but can't find it on History, or History HD. Very annoying! Just have to wait until it appears on some channel I don't have to pay extra for :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60,376 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Amazon have the first run rights to it over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Amazon have the first run rights to it over here.

Is this a recent deal as up until a couple of weeks ago Amazon wasn't available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,376 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Is this a recent deal as up until a couple of weeks ago Amazon wasn't available here.

No Idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It's back on Wednesday, double episode.

It's back on Wednesday, double episode.

Brilliant, didn't think we'd see it on 'ordinary' TV for ages yet!

Enjoying season 5 so far and was delighted to find out the show has been renewed for a season 6 with again 20 episodes.

Vikings starting back again on RTE 2, 10 Jan, double episode (I think) for those of us not on Amazon Prime/Netflix or whatever :)

iora_rua wrote: »
    Vikings starting back again on RTE 2, 10 Jan, double episode (I think) for those of us not on Amazon Prime/Netflix or whatever :)

You are right season 5 does start with a double episode. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

eire4 wrote: »
    You are right season 5 does start with a double episode. Enjoy!

And continues with double episodes for the following 2 weeks at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Just a reminder lads that it's back tonight @ 9pm on RTE 2

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Feck it I'm only seeing this now and I sat down to watch tv at 9pm and all - stuck on Netflix :( Will catch it on the RTE Player, thanks Galwayguy35.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Is it on RTE Player? Missed it last night :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Is it on RTE Player? Missed it last night :mad:

Bad form from you Ragnar, tut tut :D

Yes it is on the player now: https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/vikings-30002725/10825468/ Available until 9 Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

miamee wrote: »
    Bad form from you Ragnar, tut tut :D

Yes it is on the player now: https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/vikings-30002725/10825468/ Available until 9 Feb.

Finally saw the first episode on RTÉ Player last night, and will watch episode two tonight.

I think that the young Alfred seems like an awful gimp. I confidently predict that he will crumble into a quivering wreck when he becomes King, and that Ivar the Boneless will create a Viking dynasty in England that will last for a thousand years or more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I'm on season 4 but this show isn't as good as it used to be, it went down hill when they started bringing in more English and French characters, it always takes Englishmen to ruin a good show. I do enjoy the sex scenes particularly when Ragnar was pleasuring the Chinese women and made her lick his fingers afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

All the latest episodes are on Irish Prime Video as well if you aren't bothered with RTÉ Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm on season 4 but this show isn't as good as it used to be, it went down hill when they started bringing in more English and French characters, it always takes Englishmen to ruin a good show. I do enjoy the sex scenes particularly when Ragnar was pleasuring the Chinese women and made her lick his fingers afterwards.

Trust me,it gets very good. I'm already 8 episodes into season 5. I won't post anything plot wise in case of spoilers for those watching on RTE.

• Advertisement

Sigh ... for those of us who don't have Netflix/Prime or any other fancy stuff, does anyone know when - and where - we'll be able to see the latest series of Vikings that starts tonight or tomorrow on History in the US?

Advertisement