Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vikings on RTE?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Back Wednesday @ 9.20 on RTE2

I watched it all already on Amazon. I wasn't a fan of the first part or the second part of this season. Absolutely terrible writing throughout. It's sad to see such a great show go out the way it did. I honestly can't say I'm too optimistic about Valhalla either, but I'll give it a watch when it comes out regardless.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Fairly low key ending, think it just ran out of steam and had nowhere else to go.

Although if the writers introduced the voyage to Canada a bit earlier they could have developed that a bit more IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

no spoilers please!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭brian_t

fryup wrote: »
    no spoilers please!

The sixth and final season is over. The last ever episode was last Wednesday.

was it? i just saw the tailend

the one where Floki comes down the tree house? can someone please explain the significance of that?

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i missed the final season, can someone out there answer the above please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i missed the final season, can someone out there answer the above please

Sorry, you said no spoilers. I’ll put the “tags” on this in case anyone else is a bit behind.
    Ubbe and a few others leave Iceland looking for the “golden land” to the west. Floki wasn’t around when they arrived on Iceland initially, he’s missing, presumed dead. So him turning up in a tree house in the last place you’d expect was a surprise. Not really much of a spoiler in the grand scheme of things as anyone who was recording it from RTÉ on the Sky Box will have seen a still of Floki in the final, or penultimate, episode selection anyway.

The tide is turning…

finished it last night,

the battle scenes in this were amazing up there with Braveheart & Gladiator

does anyone know if the final series was filmed in Ireland? was there many irish extras & production crew used?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭eire4

finished it last night,

does anyone know if the final series was filmed in Ireland? was there many irish extras & production crew used?

Yes most of the final season was filmed in Ireland mostly in Wicklow as it was on previous seasons. There were a lot of Irish who played as extras and in the production crew as well.

were you one of them? how much did € a day?

• Advertisement

were you one of them? how much did € a day?

No but my sisters husband was one. No idea how much if anything he was paid.

could you ask him please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

finished it last night,

Wicklow as stated, mainly around Lough Tay from my understanding. The last time I was up there a few months ago you could look down and see parts of the set for the Valhalla series.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

could you ask him please

He was paid but not much as he was only ever in one episode.

Advertisement