Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vikings on RTE?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

What did ye think of last nights episode?

Was ok , thought considering it was the finale that there would have been a bit more happening though.

Felt bad for the monk though, he shows an interest in a woman and she dies.

Yeah it ended a bit quiet! Any idea when the next series will start?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Dovies wrote: »

Knowing RTE it could be this time next year.

A third series has also been confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Felt bad for the monk though, he shows an interest in a woman and she dies.

did he lose his flower to her??

fryup wrote: »
    did he lose his flower to her??

He did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Believe it or not I just started watching yesterday. I'm up to ep 7. I like it. I like it better than Game of Thrones because people arent getting killed left right and centre. I like it better than Spartacus (which was an.excellent show) because there isn't as much unnecessary in your face sex. Like someone else said, its a bit more suggestive.
    The start was a bit slow, but sometimes shows need that, instead of just hammering into it like GOT.
    I'll keep watching :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Any idea when Series 2 is coming on RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dovies wrote: »

Next year probably on RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question and if I sound like i'm from a different planet.
    I don't have a TV, don't get newspapers so don't know anything about Autumn schedules, and i have googled 'Vikings RTE' and found reference only to the first series that was aired from January 2014.
    It had become a bit of a treat before Summer for himself and meself to settle in and watch Vikings on the RTE Player....I loved the show, though I had to get out of bed and run down the hall for the gory bits.
    But now, i miss it. Is there any talk of further series/episodes being aired? I think we are at least 1 series behind on what is in the can. Maybe 2? So many questions...Where is my lovely Ragnar (who deserves a good hiding for being a playboy)? Not to mention where is my inspiring and ridiculously pretty Lagertha?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭Poochie05

There's an ad running on RTE at the moment for Vikings 'coming soon' so I presume this is the next season. Keep an eye on the Irish Premier dates thread as the date will be posted there once people know.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    There's an ad running on RTE at the moment for Vikings 'coming soon' so I presume this is the next season. Keep an eye on the Irish Premier dates thread as the date will be posted there once people know.

Oh, thanks very much Poochie! That is great news. :) Will look for that thread and follow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

So far there has been 2 seasons of Vikings. Season 3 is set for release Feb/March 2015. Great show and can't wait for it to be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

Poochie05 wrote: »

According to DigiGuide there is a new series of Vikings starting on Monday 22nd September at 9.00pm on RTE2 and repeated on Thursday night.

This time slot is currently taken by Person of Interest but according to DigiGuide Person of Interest will move to a new time slot just after midnight.

Excellent news guys. * Marks Calendar :) Thanks for the replies.

Just saw the ad for Vikings on RTE 2. It's an ad for the "new series two" which has aired already and is available at all non legal sites. Season 3 is set for release early 2015.

RTE are a season behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

dobman88 wrote: »

RTE are a season behind.

How can they be a season behind if season 3 isn't airing anywhere until next year.

brian_t wrote: »
    How can they be a season behind if season 3 isn't airing anywhere until next year.

Cos season 2 is over already. I've finished season 2 and doubt RTE will be airing season three when it's released. Same as they have done with season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭corkie

Season 2 starts tonight on RTE 2 @21:00 <<< Just a reminder for people.

I re-watched the first season last week in time for this season.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    Season 2 starts tonight on RTE 2 @21:00 <<< Just a reminder for people.

I re-watched the first season last week in time for this season.

Thanks corkie!! With a million things on my mind, i had forgotten.

Looking forward to this, have to say RTE are on the ball for a change, wasn't expecting them to have series 2 on our screens this quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yaaaay fantastic program. great that its back on

• Advertisement

anyone watch it last night?

where his first wife and son???

anyone watch it last night?

where his first wife and son???

They left him at the end of season 1 cos he cheated on her with the princess one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

She
    is now married to some other lad but will be back
    really enjoyed season 2

its turning out to be a brilliant second series

plenty of twists and brilliant battle scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

I only found out tonight that this was back on. They didnt go overboard on advertising it unlike some of the other dross rubbish they seem intent on pushing on people.

Whats the story with ragners wife/x wife? And the one having the baby with the wonky eye

neris wrote: »
    I only found out tonight that this was back on. They didnt go overboard on advertising it unlike some of the other dross rubbish they seem intent on pushing on people.

Whats the story with ragners wife/x wife? And the one having the baby with the wonky eye

The first wife is now married to another Earl and Ragner has a few more kids with the second wife.

The tall blond young fella is his oldest son.

its turning out to be a brilliant second series

plenty of twists and brilliant battle scenes

Yup. I am finding as well that the cinematography is glorious! And the attention to detail on the sets is marvelous...i hope it is not CGI.
    Happy Sigh :D

what is the language they speak in england? was there an ancient language before english?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Good to see people catching on to this show, started watching it a week before the second seasons finale and binged the whole thing and loved it then started telling everyone else about it and anyone that I suggested it to loved it as well. Same situation with BB, watched it from the start and was telling people for years to watch it and they only did after season 4 when the whole "omg you haven't watched breaking bad?" phase broke out.

I enjoy when other people take the effort to appreaciate watching actually good TV shows because it's become a better form of storytelling and entertainment than movies with the kind of budgets and productions some networks provide. I'd rather get my father into watching shows like BB and prison break than see him watching fair city or coronation street. Would be good if Netflix picked up Vikings to make it more easily accessible to people who don't know how to watch shows through different means.

Season 3 will probably be the best yet.

• Advertisement

what is the language they speak in england? was there an ancient language before english?

A form of Latin I assumed.

Advertisement