Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vikings on RTE?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How much of these landscape shots are Irish? Is it just his little farmstead and dock that filmed up in the Sally Gap?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Thargor wrote: »
    How much of these landscape shots are Irish? Is it just his little farmstead and dock that filmed up in the Sally Gap?

Backgrounds are digital..... Wicklow isn't steep enough for those teetering fjords.

Fields & open areas are real.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I know but is it all Irish? The forests/fields etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Thargor wrote: »
    I know but is it all Irish? The forests/fields etc?

Yep, all that is local

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

this is building up nicely...plenty of battles ahead :)

btw did they really crucify people in england back in those times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm really enjoying the 2nd season :)

I'm also enjoying watching it at rte weekly pace too for a change.

Jarl Borg got his comeuppance last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

fryup wrote: »
    Jarl Borg got his comeuppance last night

No spoilers! No spoilers! :D haven't seen it yet. It is all really great, although as a female of a certain kind i have to keep covering my eyes..the battle scenes are very gory. Jarl Borg is (was?) a nasty piece of work anyways. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

what is the language they speak in england? was there an ancient language before english?

It's anglo-saxon or old english.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,355 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm hoping Athelstan will make his way back to the Viking way of life, I think he is having doubts about his former life and faith, time to get himself a woman.

Wasn't expecting Jarl Borg to be taken down after inviting him to join in the raids.

• Advertisement

, time to get himself a woman.

Nothing a woman likes more than a guy having religious hallucinations :rolleyes:

Nothing a woman likes more than a guy having religious hallucinations :rolleyes:

Ah I think he is getting past that stage now.

I'm hoping Athelstan will make his way back to the Viking way of life, I think he is having doubts about his former life and faith, time to get himself a woman.

i wonder will he have a gay relationship with the king ?

that king is a bit suspect don't you think having baths with men all the time ;)
    Wasn't expecting Jarl Borg to be taken down after inviting him to join in the raids.

ya poor ol'jarl borg felt sorry for him, double-crossed like that

• Registered Users Posts: 28,156 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If its a good programme and you are enjoying it, go for it! But it is fantasy Vikings, the costumes etc don't have the slightest relationship to any historical evidence. Just so you know :-)

looksee wrote: »
    If its a good programme and you are enjoying it, go for it! But it is fantasy Vikings, the costumes etc don't have the slightest relationship to any historical evidence. Just so you know :-)

Maybe, but it's more realistic than Game of Thrones all the same.

One of the most overrated series on TV, just my humble opinion of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Wonder will the animal rights loons be on joe duffy tomorrow giving out about the rat been skinned

janey mac! poor ol' Jorg Borg ..done over twice in one week

nasty execution, would prefer to be beheaded meself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Jeez that execution scene last night has haunted me. Gruesome stuff!!
    I would have screamed :)

^^^^^^

went on way too long i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Whats the story with the baby?

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^^^

the baby was born with a deformed leg...and Ragnar was contemplating killing him..i presume was that the done thing back in those days??

i wonder did king Horik sanction that attack at the end or did his son do it on his own volition??

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

good episode last night.

That King Horik is some pr!ck, turning Floki away from Ragnar too.

season finale sneak previews here:
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=520013868103492

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=519062781531934

King Horik plays a brilliant role though. The actor really landed on his feet there. Sometimes Ragnar with his squinting and gurning can irritate me. He is just too pretty I guess to be a convincing baddie otherwise :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Jeez that execution scene last night has haunted me. Gruesome stuff!!
    I would have screamed :)

I was actually hiding behind a pillow for most of it :o

miamee wrote: »
    I was actually hiding behind a pillow for most of it :o

Tobe honest I walked away from the screen and did not watch and kept asking my husband ''Is it over? Is it over yet?'' (He has the patience of a saint :rolleyes: ). I know lots of people are liking the second series more because there is more realistic violence, etc. I am loving the series...the cinematography is sometimes breath taking...just not the prolonged gore.:eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Tobe honest I walked away from the screen and did not watch and kept asking my husband ''Is it over? Is it over yet?'' (He has the patience of a saint :rolleyes: ). I know lots of people are liking the second series more because there is more realistic violence, etc. I am loving the series...the cinematography is sometimes breath taking...just not the prolonged gore.:eek:

No, once he told his son earlier in the episode what a Blood Eagle was, there was no way I was going to watch it - I didn't think they'd show so much of it to be honest. Well from the top corner of the screen I could see! Gack. Otherwise I do love the show.

rok wrote: »
    good episode last night.

That King Horik is some pr!ck, turning Floki away from Ragnar too.

king Horik will get his comeuppance sooner or later, Ragnar will see to that i'm sure

janey that english princess is right randy nymph, wanting to shag all around her :D i'm sure Ragnar will only be to happy to oblige

Excellent episode last night, pity the series is only 10 episodes, other series like The Blacklist run for double that and it's not as if there is no material to work with considering the history associated with the Vikings.

king Horik will get his comeuppance sooner or later, Ragnar will see to that i'm sure

i told you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

Anyone else think the main character is the spit of conor mc gregor when conor had the mohalk. Separated at birth!

Advertisement