Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact announced at IFA

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

barneyrub wrote: »
    Anyone know how to enter a NAC in the compact. Got mine from vodafone but can't figure out where to enter it?

Put the new sim in and it will prompt you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Hi,

Totally broke the screen today and was quoted €Stupid to get it fixed. Although they were a general repair shop they said they would only use genuine Sony screens due to quality issues with the 3rd party offerings.

So the phone is now a brick and as such I'd like to have a go at repairing the screen myself.

Is there any recommended retailers or manufacturers of Z3C screens that I can obtain one from?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,031 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

My touch screen started failing recently. Bought a screen on Amazon, I think it was about 25£.Tricky repair. Did break the headphone jack, so few more euro for that. Quality of new screen is really crap though which is disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I work as a phone repair technician and I can tell you that a z3 is a horrible phone to repair.

Is replacing the screen a doable home repair? Are the aftermarket screens so bad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

Z3c favourite phone I've ever owned but such a fragile piece of ****.breaks every time it drops.have an iPhone 7 at the moment with no screen protector or case have dropped it multiple times and nothing ,just a few scratches

• Registered Users Posts: 30,031 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Is replacing the screen a doable home repair? Are the aftermarket screens so bad?

The one I got has a bit of a blue cast to the white and colour shifts a lot with viewing angle, very narrow viewing angle.

This sort of quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

The problem I've got with my handset is that as the screen is mucked up I can't perform a factory reset on it in order to wipe all my data from the handset before scrapping it.

Is there a workaround using the PC Companion to do this?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

You can do it from my Xperia if you have an account.

https://myxperia.sonymobile.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

get a usb otg cable and plug a mouse into the phone and navigate around

Advertisement