Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact announced at IFA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Thanks but I'm with sky. Think the problem is with the phone.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Well my compact met its end yesterday. Bent in half and now dead, and the screen popped off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,487 ✭✭✭brevity

FYI, the new 5.0.2 update was pushed out today but since I installed it I'm getting No Service. This is on Meteor btw. Might be different for other providers.

Have a ticket open with meteor: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057429441

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Just installed mine (Three). Haven't noticed anything major yet.

Hopefully it fixes that annoying 'music not playing' issue for Play Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

brevity wrote: »
    FYI, the new 5.0.2 update was pushed out today but since I installed it I'm getting No Service. This is on Meteor btw. Might be different for other providers.

Have a ticket open with meteor: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057429441

I have a z3 compact and got the update on Meteor too and have no issues.

• Advertisement

Grrr...must just be me then.

I've been in touch with Sony and they said to run the repair on it via their Sony Companion software. Gonna try that later and see how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

FYI, the new 5.0.2 update was pushed out today

Got that update about 3 weeks back as I'm running the generic nordic version. Anyway for those that have missed the close all button, well it's back. Other minor improvements also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭statto25

for those that have missed the close all button, well it's back.

Really? I have 5.0.2 for the past few weeks and I don't have it. Mine is a locked Vodafone handset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Yeah on mine when i click the application button I have a round button with 3 slanted tiles on it. Exactly the same as the dismiss all one in the notifications window. If i press that all apps close.

Well, as I posted before, my Z3C met its maker and turned into a V shape (due to a crash I was in). The screen seperated, but was still attached via the LCD strip.

After some TLC, its back alive! Its very bendy, due to the crack along the side, but the screens stayed intact!

So, as its very delicate and the screen is seperated still, I need to get a case. I wanted to get an otterbox, as I need something that wont bend and will hold the edges of the screen down. But, otterboxes dont seem to exist for the phones!

Anyone any suggestions of a tough case the wraps around the screen a little?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Having an odd problem. I'm out of Ireland at the moment, so "roaming". But I have my Z3 set so it doesn't connect to data services while roaming. Since I left Ireland, battery has been draining at an alarming rate. I get, all I have to do is pick up the phone to know something is wrong as even when left idle for a while, it is extremely hot.

I've figured out that the issue is with the com.sonyerricson.crashmonitor (sp) service. It is uusing a massive amount of CPU and draining the battery.

I've tried disabling Data completely note to see if that helps. But I'm grasping here...

Change your network to GSM (2G) only. No point in having it trying to connect to a data infrastructure if it's not going to use it.

Also, make sure your location settings are on battery saving. My phone went crazy when my data was off when it was set to high accuracy (even though it's only meant to be GPS).

One final thing to look at is wifi. If that's the only thing that's on, your phone will try to connect to whatever it can as a last grasp attempt to find data.

antodeco wrote: »
    Change your network to GSM (2G) only. No point in having it trying to connect to a data infrastructure if it's not going to use it.

Also, make sure your location settings are on battery saving. My phone went crazy when my data was off when it was set to high accuracy (even though it's only meant to be GPS).

One final thing to look at is wifi. If that's the only thing that's on, your phone will try to connect to whatever it can as a last grasp attempt to find data.

Thanks. Now losing about 4% every 10 minutes. I'll try your suggestions. But I'll need to leave Wi-Fi on as that is the data connection I am using at the minute.

Cheers

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Thanks. Now losing about 4% every 10 minutes. I'll try your suggestions. But I'll need to leave Wi-Fi on as that is the data connection I am using at the minute.

Cheers

Go into wifi and click the dots on the top right. Go into advanced. There's an option to allow wifi always searching (even when turned off). Make sure that's off as well.

Is the battery drain only happening since you are away/since you've updated/installed new apps?

antodeco wrote: »
    Go into wifi and click the dots on the top right. Go into advanced. There's an option to allow wifi always searching (even when turned off). Make sure that's off as well.

Is the battery drain only happening since you are away/since you've updated/installed new apps?

Tried all the suggestions above. Thanks all for taking the time to reply. Nothing worked. That crashmonitor process is still consuming a huge amount of CPU.

This issue only started occurring when I left Ireland.

Cheers

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Tried all the suggestions above. Thanks all for taking the time to reply. Nothing worked. That crashmonitor process is still consuming a huge amount of CPU.

This issue only started occurring when I left Ireland.

Cheers

After leaving it on "Ultra Stamina" all day and the switching back to normal, it's working fine again. Bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I need some serious help folks.

Currently traveling with the other half and tried to take a picture in the pool. Low and behold the z3 screen goes off. All the covers were closed pool was fresh water. Screen is dead blank mostly but occasionally flickers. Touch screen never works.

I think the water indicator is clear, but I'm not sure. Either I fix this, persuade Sony to replace it instantly in a local (Malaysian) Sony centre, or I'm buying her a one plus one for the remainder of travels (were out here for a while).

Does anyone have any suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Got 8hrs50 screen time on my last charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,032 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Had a strange problem the last month. Getting charged for data even though data was switched off. Have had to change the apn to stop it happening. Never noticed the issue before might be since three took over o2. Still using 4.4, is lollipop worth the hassle?

Grrr...must just be me then.

I've been in touch with Sony and they said to run the repair on it via their Sony Companion software. Gonna try that later and see how I get on.

Just an update on this, have to send the phone to sony engineers as the repair didn't fix the problem. Very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Just an update on this, have to send the phone to sony engineers as the repair didn't fix the problem. Very frustrating.

Do they cover all costs? Do they give you a replacement? Think my wifi antenna on my Z3 is banjaxed, wifi drops in and out quite a lot so reckon I'll have to send it off.

Anyone else on 25.1.A.1.28?

I was out foreign and while there got that update. I notice two things have changed:

1. The Close All option is back in the list of applications.

2. When the phone screen is off and in Priority mode, if a notification is sent, the notification light now flashes.

Both of the above were removed in Lollipop and now seem to be back.

Cheers

toby2111 wrote: »
    Do they cover all costs? Do they give you a replacement? Think my wifi antenna on my Z3 is banjaxed, wifi drops in and out quite a lot so reckon I'll have to send it off.

If its in warranty I guess (hope) they will but I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Hey, what case do people recommend? I've been using a leather wallet style case but it makes the phone so bulky and one of the selling points to me was the slim profile.

Was thinking of getting one of the textured skin things for the back or maybe just a slim rubber case.

What are other people doing to solve the "holy **** thats slippy" problem?

Hey, what case do people recommend? I've been using a leather wallet style case but it makes the phone so bulky and one of the selling points to me was the slim profile.

Was thinking of getting one of the textured skin things for the back or maybe just a slim rubber case.

What are other people doing to solve the "holy **** thats slippy" problem?

I got this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Case-Mate-Barely-There-Case-Xperia/dp/B00NBRSC36/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1432822614&sr=8-2&keywords=casemate+z3

Its pretty good. Not too bulky or anything and I've dropped the phone a few times and it's survived.

I got this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Case-Mate-Barely-There-Case-Xperia/dp/B00NBRSC36/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1432822614&sr=8-2&keywords=casemate+z3

Its pretty good. Not too bulky or anything and I've dropped the phone a few times and it's survived.

Sorry, should have added, I have a compact :)

possibly the wrong thread there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

possibly the wrong thread there :P

What :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Is everyone happy with the Z3? Trying to decide if its worth €70 to buy and €40pm for 2 years over a Huawei G7 which is free and €25pm for 2 years...

Advertisement