Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 saldunne

Hi thats brillant news. Im also pregnant

im due the 19th of may after been trying for baby number 3 for 5 years.

Its great feeling wen u gt that postive. Because u always say will it ever happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2 saldunne

Hi thats brillant news. Im also pregnant

im due the 19th of may after been trying for baby number 3 for 5 years.

Its great feeling wen u gt that postive. Because u always say will it ever happen

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Buttercup78

Ha, mine is the same! Without sounding like a weary 2nd time mum, if it's your first enjoy and relax as much as you can on your holidays. While having a child is wonderful and amazing no one can prepare you for how exhausting it is. I wish I spent more time on my first pregnancy looking after myself and doing nice stuff with the hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Ha, mine is the same! Without sounding like a weary 2nd time mum, if it's your first enjoy and relax as much as you can on your holidays. While having a child is wonderful and amazing no one can prepare you for how exhausting it is. I wish I spent more time on my first pregnancy looking after myself and doing nice stuff with the hub.

I'm not going with my husband, girls trip! I wish we had time for another holiday just the two of us before May but we're too busy. We're planning on going away for a week ourselves in September next year, leave small person with obliging grannies :) I am totally enjoying every minute of being the selfish lazy person that I have enjoyed being for the last few years, we've had a spectacularly self indulgent few years, which is good! I'm in the great position that I'll be finishing up work at least a couple of months before my due date if not more, loadsa me time yaaaaay :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Hope this works, doing it on my phone. First one was 2 weeks ago at 9w1d and second two are from yesterday - first one baby has back to scanner then we saw them flipping over and can see face (which looks like a freaky alien!). Anybody going for an early scan I'd definitely recommend an internal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Denise2007

Hope this works, doing it on my phone. First one was 2 weeks ago at 9w1d and second two are from yesterday - first one baby has back to scanner then we saw them flipping over and can see face (which looks like a freaky alien!). Anybody going for an early scan I'd definitely recommend an internal

Will go an internal scan on Thursday, thanks for advice. St least will be prepared !

Hmm I feel a bit better now after seeing your scan angeldelight, it's not as detailed as I had imagined, granted it's clearer than mine but not enough to make me green with envy :p Have a great holiday!

I'm so tired these days, it's rough. I went to bed early last night because I needed to be up at 7am, hubby decided it was the perfect night to watch movies in bed until 4am :mad: I'm like a zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Denise2007

Am leaving May and going to June based on the scan, good luck ladies :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Have any of you ladies had spotting of blood after going to the toilet? Sorry tmi :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ferrara03

Have any of you ladies had spotting of blood after going to the toilet? Sorry tmi :(

Pregnancy is full of TMI's :p. I haven't noticed it after going to the toilet, but I have spotted a very small bit of pink, as well as dark brown. But from what I hear that's normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Ferrara03 wrote: »
    Pregnancy is full of TMI's :p. I haven't noticed it after going to the toilet, but I have spotted a very small bit of pink, as well as dark brown. But from what I hear that's normal.

Just noticed there this eve after a wiped and just went to toilet there now and none touch wood. Had scan at 8 weeks 6 days and strong heartbeat and am 10 week 4days today. Thanks for your reply x

Just noticed there this eve after a wiped and just went to toilet there now and none touch wood. Had scan at 8 weeks 6 days and strong heartbeat and am 10 week 4days today. Thanks for your reply x

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, but mention it at your next appointment to be safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 _Queenbee_

Hello ladies,

Thanks for sharing scans. My first one isn't until another 2 weeks and I can't wait.

1st baby and also had a streak of blood too autumnbelle & Ferrara03 - which really made me panic and forget morning sickness for a few hours!

Wondering if any of you planning to do pregnancy classes? The 'experienced' mums, would you advise that?

Thanks!

I'd do the ones the hospital provide, I'm nearly sure you have to anyway? I think I only have to go to 2 of them the second time around.
    I had the winter vomiting bug at 10 weeks last time and I rmember I had a bleed then, and a few weeks later, only small but I was just advised to monitor it, and if it got heavy or went on for a prolonged time to head into the hosp. A&e.

_Queenbee_ wrote: »
    Hello ladies,

Thanks for sharing scans. My first one isn't until another 2 weeks and I can't wait.

1st baby and also had a streak of blood too autumnbelle & Ferrara03 - which really made me panic and forget morning sickness for a few hours!

Wondering if any of you planning to do pregnancy classes? The 'experienced' mums, would you advise that?

Thanks!

I would also like to know if doing the pregnancy classes are helpful. I would be going to some at the Drogheda hospital. I was also wondering if the classes would be of any use for my partner. Unfortunately the days the hospital have the classes, he is unable to attend.

Some hospitals have the daytime ones, but you have to pay to do the evening or weekend ones in the hospital. I know it was €150 extra to do the weeknight ones in the rotunda, and afair there were only 2 that partners weren't allowed into.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rigamincedeal

Hi I am due May 2015, and ive my first appointment in the coombe in two weeks, I'll be approximately 11 weeks gone at that stage, does anyone know do you get a scan on the first visit ? What else happens on that visit? I am going public with the Coombe Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Ferrara03 wrote: »
    I would also like to know if doing the pregnancy classes are helpful. I would be going to some at the Drogheda hospital. I was also wondering if the classes would be of any use for my partner. Unfortunately the days the hospital have the classes, he is unable to attend.

Popping over from the January thread, I'm doing mine in Drogheda and they have all day ones ona Saturday too? Mine's in two weeks from 10 until 5

Hi I am due May 2015, and ive my first appointment in the coombe in two weeks, I'll be approximately 11 weeks gone at that stage, does anyone know do you get a scan on the first visit ? What else happens on that visit? I am going public with the Coombe Thanks

At my 12 week appt they took my history, some bloods, met with midwife and scan. At a booking appt you will get a scan alright, they have to do a scan tbh to make sure it's alive and in the right place and all that.

I'm really sick of the bloating, I hate bloating, never ever get it. Almost every evening my stomach hurts and sticks out and I cant hold it in, it hurts to sit, hurts to wear jeans, not fun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

At my 12 week appt they took my history, some bloods, met with midwife and scan. At a booking appt you will get a scan alright, they have to do a scan tbh to make sure it's alive and in the right place and all that.

I'm really sick of the bloating, I hate bloating, never ever get it. Almost every evening my stomach hurts and sticks out and I cant hold it in, it hurts to sit, hurts to wear jeans, not fun :(

Spottybananas I know what you mean about the bloating it's awful. Every evening my clothes are so tight. Wonder will it ever go. Also starting to feel nauseous. I am Not able to eat a plate of dinner anymore. Couldn't finish a small sandwich earlier...just feel bleugh :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 rigamincedeal

Thanks. We haven't a clue what to expect. First baby :)

Bloating is awful and having really bad nausea in morning and evening. Hoping it will pass soon

Thanks. We haven't a clue what to expect. First baby :)

Same here, just ask questions there if you need to, I just kept saying it's my first everything baby related and I haven't a clue, just went with the flow.

I don't really have any nausea, eating just fine thank God, I love my food :) No real symptoms at all other than the evil bloating, and being off a few of my usual fave foods.

It's been quiet around here...how is everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

It's been quiet around here...how is everyone?

I have officially moved to the June thread :)

WittyName1 wrote: »
    I have officially moved to the June thread :)

Nooo, don't leave me! I need more company, not less! Nobody knows really still in real life (outside of parents), I need internet people to talk to! :(:p

I'm still here 1/2 a stone down now too!

Wow Buttercup, were you trying to lose weight or is it a side effect of sickness? Just to be sure before I congratulate you :)

I haven't put on another pound, I look exactly the same...which is getting a bit boring! 13-14 weeks now, I need something to happen soon because I'm in a horrible real/imaginary limbo about the whole thing. I hate telling people, so I've just been avoiding people for weeks, so now I'm lonely and want to see people but don't want to tell them, but feel bad meeting them and keeping it from them. Vicious circle!

Both I suppose, still running when I'm not feeling sick. At least the all day sickness has gone, it's mostly evenings now...:)
    We've only told family for the moment, oh and my manager, I had to, I was so sick one day. Going to see how long I can hide it, last time I told my work mates at 14 weeks, I actually could have waited till 18 weeks, so I want to see how it goes.
    Have you had your first appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Both I suppose, still running when I'm not feeling sick. At least the all day sickness has gone, it's mostly evenings now...:)
    We've only told family for the moment, oh and my manager, I had to, I was so sick one day. Going to see how long I can hide it, last time I told my work mates at 14 weeks, I actually could have waited till 18 weeks, so I want to see how it goes.
    Have you had your first appointment?

Well done on the weight loss!

We've only told immediate family too. I'm going to try to keep it from work until the new yr if possible.

• Advertisement

It's great that you've been running, I stopped going for walks pretty soon after we found out because I was too sick to (am better now) and have just kind of shut down in shock at the whole thing, I work, go home, sit, sleep, that's it, I can't manage anything else. I did a lot of walking last week as I was away for a few days, but I did a lot of eating too :D I am swearing now to get back to going for walks, it will make me feel better if I can just motivate myself to do it.

Yep had first appt about 2 weeks ago, we told his parents then. I've told two friends and tbh I just hate all the baby talk that follows telling some people, they ask names, longterm plans, that I am just not ready to talk about and don't feel like getting into so early on. I just want to be able to tell people as a fact and then they know, without dealing with their excitement, that sounds horrible I know. One friend basically reacted by saying she knew I'd do this soon, which hurt because she kind of made out like I'm trying to be this Stepford wife/typical married with kids person, and I've never been like that, this was all very sudden. I'd love to just text/fb everyone, family, friends, everyone and tell them in a "just so you know" way, but our close family and friends would be quite peeved if we did that, and he is excited to tell all his family. I just don't feel like it's really happening. Have another scan next week but until I see some actual changes I don't think I'll accept it.

Sorry, bit of a whinge :o I'm all up in a heap these days.

Advertisement