Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

How do you know if you have the developers build? I got my phone at the beginning of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

How do you know if you have the developers build? I got my phone at the beginning of the month.

settings>Cyanogen OS version

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Nolars wrote: »
    settings>Cyanogen OS version

Looks like that's the one I have!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I've updated to lollipop just now and can't find how to change tabs. I've no box in the bottom corner like the chrome instructions say I should have.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

TheGunns wrote: »
    I've updated to lollipop just now and can't find how to change tabs. I've no box in the bottom corner like the chrome instructions say I should have.

Any ideas?

Go into settings in chrome and untick merge tabs and app. As the way it is set you change tabs by the app switcher button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Go into settings in chrome and untick merge tabs and app. As the way it is set you change tabs by the app switcher button.

Should I be seeing an app changer button though? Or is this not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,968 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hold down the left capacitive button if you don't have on screen buttons activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hold down the left capacitive button if you don't have on screen buttons activated.

As emmet said it uses the phones app switcher button. Came in Lollipop and I also disable it as it is annoying or so I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,233 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Guys I have no idea so maybe someone could tell me if this phone will be back in stock on the Oneplus website anytime soon?

I'm in the market for a new phone and the Oneplus seems like great value. There's a new one coming out at some point and then there's the Ultra 6 from Vodafone. So I'm circling between these. I'd be happy to put in an order for the white +1, it looks like a good phone. But no stock.. what's the story with these guys?
    It seems to come back in stock every couple of days at random, but I think they have discontinued the White 16gb model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

It seems to come back in stock every couple of days at random, but I think they have discontinued the White 16gb model

Thanks, I see it's come into stock for the yanks. No luck for Ireland or the UK. I suppose I'll just check at random. It's pretty annoying though, I thought this was an established company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi all,

I arrived in France today and will be there for the next three weeks. I'm with Vodafone Ireland.

When I got off the ferry I turned on data roaming, and selected the option to automatically choose the network provider. I then used the Here navigation app in offline mode to get me to my destination so I didn't need or use mobile data but along the way a few What's App IM's popped in which can only be delivered by mobile data or Wifi but as I was driving I wasn't connected to any WiFi so by deduction I'm assuming I had a data connection at that point.

When I got to my destination I couldn't connect to the internet for email/internet browsing etc. The network signal indicator in the notification bar was white with an 'r' over it and an '!' inside it. I assumed the network I was connected to (F SFR) just had a weak signal or was down so I tried connecting manually to one of the other three available networks but o matter which of them I connected to I had the same issue, either no connection or a conection where the network signal indicator had an 'r' over it and an '!' inside it. I checked my wifes phone (a Samsung S6) who is also on Vodafone and she was connecting to the network (S FSR) no problem with a strong signal and 7mb download speed.

I called Vodafone support and they got me to try every combination of settings possible over a 50 minute call. I tried automatically selecting the network and manually selecting each of the four networks for all three networks type options i.e. LTE preferred, 3G and 2G but no joy. That was a total of 15 reboots and network selections. I get no connection at all, not only do I have no data but I can't make or receive calls or send or receive SMS messages.

No matter what I do I can't get a network connection on the OPO but when take the sim from the OPO and put it in an old Samsung SGS2 I brought with me for one of the kids to play games on etc it fires up no problem and connects with a good signal and data speed etc.

My OPO is the main communication tool I use for my business so I really need to get this resolved ASAP and don't want to have to go back to using a 5 year old SGS2 which is on it's last legs.

Vodafone have declared it a problem with my phone as the sim is working in the SGS2 and there is nothing more they can do for as they didn't supply the phone to me. I'm at my wits end!!

Anyone ever had any such problem? Anyone any suggestions for a solution which will get the OPO connecting to the S FSR network?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Guys I have no idea so maybe someone could tell me if this phone will be back in stock on the Oneplus website anytime soon?

I'm in the market for a new phone and the Oneplus seems like great value. There's a new one coming out at some point and then there's the Ultra 6 from Vodafone. So I'm circling between these. I'd be happy to put in an order for the white +1, it looks like a good phone. But no stock.. what's the story with these guys?

The 64gb black model is in stock now, but the white 16gb has been discontinued so you won't be able to get it from OnePlus.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    The 64gb black model is in stock now, but the white 16gb has been discontinued so you won't be able to get it from OnePlus.

Nah, it's not in stock. Only when the region is set to US, but it won't let me make an order in that case. Is there some way around that? It says out of stock when you set the region to Ireland or the UK still.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Any of my fellow users of Exodus having weird alarm clock bugs?

Stuff like, some alarms are ignored. (doesn't alarm, no notification of it even existing)
    Some alarms show up as multiple missed for the exact same time, even though only set once.
    Some alarms show up as multiple dismiss now for the exact same time, even though only set once.
    The same alarm that may be dismissed, will still alarm at the time it was due to go off.

Overall, it's an utter balls!

Is it just me? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The lips

64gb black back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Hi all,

I arrived in France today and will be there for the next three weeks. I'm with Vodafone Ireland.

When I got off the ferry I turned on data roaming, and selected the option to automatically choose the network provider. I then used the Here navigation app in offline mode to get me to my destination so I didn't need or use mobile data but along the way a few What's App IM's popped in which can only be delivered by mobile data or Wifi but as I was driving I wasn't connected to any WiFi so by deduction I'm assuming I had a data connection at that point.

When I got to my destination I couldn't connect to the internet for email/internet browsing etc. The network signal indicator in the notification bar was white with an 'r' over it and an '!' inside it. I assumed the network I was connected to (F SFR) just had a weak signal or was down so I tried connecting manually to one of the other three available networks but o matter which of them I connected to I had the same issue, either no connection or a conection where the network signal indicator had an 'r' over it and an '!' inside it. I checked my wifes phone (a Samsung S6) who is also on Vodafone and she was connecting to the network (S FSR) no problem with a strong signal and 7mb download speed.

I called Vodafone support and they got me to try every combination of settings possible over a 50 minute call. I tried automatically selecting the network and manually selecting each of the four networks for all three networks type options i.e. LTE preferred, 3G and 2G but no joy. That was a total of 15 reboots and network selections. I get no connection at all, not only do I have no data but I can't make or receive calls or send or receive SMS messages.

No matter what I do I can't get a network connection on the OPO but when take the sim from the OPO and put it in an old Samsung SGS2 I brought with me for one of the kids to play games on etc it fires up no problem and connects with a good signal and data speed etc.

My OPO is the main communication tool I use for my business so I really need to get this resolved ASAP and don't want to have to go back to using a 5 year old SGS2 which is on it's last legs.

Vodafone have declared it a problem with my phone as the sim is working in the SGS2 and there is nothing more they can do for as they didn't supply the phone to me. I'm at my wits end!!

Anyone ever had any such problem? Anyone any suggestions for a solution which will get the OPO connecting to the S FSR network?

Cheers.

I was in France two weeks ago and had no problem connecting to data when I had to. My only problem was not knowing that three had no sister network yet still happily allowed me charge the roaming add-on to my account!

The black is in stock. Just ordered it :) The 1+2 doesn't look so great in comparison so I'm pretty happy with it. I was going to pay 440 for a Sony Z3 earlier in the week but this is the better choice I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Any of my fellow users of Exodus having weird alarm clock bugs?

Stuff like, some alarms are ignored. (doesn't alarm, no notification of it even existing)
    Some alarms show up as multiple missed for the exact same time, even though only set once.
    Some alarms show up as multiple dismiss now for the exact same time, even though only set once.
    The same alarm that may be dismissed, will still alarm at the time it was due to go off.

Overall, it's an utter balls!

Is it just me? :)

I had a weird one where I snoozed an alarm and it snoozed it to 10 minutes in the past as opposed to the future. Only encountered it once though, alarm worked grand today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Hi lads,

Any chance ye would help me move up the pecking order for a One plus 2 invite :) ?

https://oneplus.net/invites?kolid=1XCJ3O

frantic190 wrote: »
    I had a weird one where I snoozed an alarm and it snoozed it to 10 minutes in the past as opposed to the future. Only encountered it once though, alarm worked grand today!

You on Exodus rom too? :)

Looks like you had a once off. All of mine happen every morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

marcbrophy wrote: »
    You on Exodus rom too? :)

Looks like you had a once off. All of mine happen every morning :D

Weird alarm bugs aside is exodus significantly better than cm12s? My battery life is simply shocking compared to cm11s. Does it support the cm12 theme app?

Simi wrote: »
    Weird alarm bugs aside is exodus significantly better than cm12s? My battery life is simply shocking compared to cm11s. Does it support the cm12 theme app?

I'm afraid if you're having a bad time with battery life with Kitkat, then I personally couldn't recommend moving to Lollipop.

It's the one thing that's a common theme in these forums, users move to Lollipop and start giving out about battery life :)

Are you on the very latest version of CM11s?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Hi lads,

Do a man a turn and send us an invite please. Not sure of a link etc. So can you PM me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Guys any high level comparissons against the Nexus 4?

Bought it on US launch, and starting to act up a fair bit. Thinking of making a change, and this keeps cropping up in conversations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Smcgie wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Do a man a turn and send us an invite please. Not sure of a link etc. So can you PM me please.

You have not needed an invite for quite a number of months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭moggser

TheDoc wrote: »

Bought it on US launch, and starting to act up a fair bit. Thinking of making a change, and this keeps cropping up in conversations.

Are you still wittering on about this...just get the fuggin thing already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

TheDoc wrote: »

You can't really compare last year's phone against a three year old 2012 phone, the One is better in every way but so are all modern mid to high end phones. Just get it, you'll be happy, just be sure you're ready for the jump in size to a 5.5 inch screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

Anyone have any issues with OK Google voice recognition?

I can't get it to go through the voice training with me, asks me to say ok Google 3 times but never registers any of them.

I've uninstalled the Google app and reinstalled but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭moggser

dubmess wrote: »
    Anyone have any issues with OK Google voice recognition?

I can't get it to go through the voice training with me, asks me to say ok Google 3 times but never registers any of them.

I've uninstalled the Google app and reinstalled but no joy.

Yeah all the time pain in the bollox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You can't really compare last year's phone against a three year old 2012 phone, the One is better in every way but so are all modern mid to high end phones. Just get it, you'll be happy, just be sure you're ready for the jump in size to a 5.5 inch screen.

Well I can, the Nexus 4 came with pretty high spec on release, and even after being a year old was superior to a lot on the market.

I wasn't following the oneplusone hype train, so more interested to know about reliability and stuff. I had heard their after sales were terrible and if your phone had a problem it was a nightmare to get sorted.

Advertisement