Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Jlayay wrote: »
    I am moving to Ireland for school from Canada in August and I currently own a Oneplus One. Does anyone know which of the major providers (3, Vodafone, etc.) has LTE frequency that is compatible with the phone? Currently the cheapest I know is 3 with 20 euro a month prepaid with unlimited LTE but not sure if it works with the phone.

Where in Ireland are you moving to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Right lads, the time has finally come. After 13 months with the phone, some jabroni managed to rest his pint glass on my phone, rendering it smashed and unresponsive. eBay suggests circa €70 for a screen/digitizer. How bad a DIY job?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    Where in Ireland are you moving to?

Will be moving to Cork (UCC).

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Will be moving to Cork (UCC).

Three is ok for you so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

last couple of days, keep getting the message google apps has stopped working!? Any one else experiencing this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Mc Love wrote: »
    last couple of days, keep getting the message google apps has stopped working!? Any one else experiencing this?

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Jaysis lads, I was using my OPO charger in a SGS3 overnight, the thing melted and fused into the phone charging port, lucky there wasn't a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Jaysis lads, I was using my OPO charger in a SGS3 overnight, the thing melted and fused into the phone charging port, lucky there wasn't a fire.

Ouch!

Thats what Current does, and why current is dangerous, less so with Voltage.

Current both your enemy and your saviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Mc Love wrote: »

Have you applied the latest firmware update? Some of your app will need updating afterwards. Nothing a reboot shouldn't sort.
    I had an issue with the camera after latest update was applied. I just powered off the phone and back on, it sorted the problem.

• Administrators Posts: 53,543 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am moving to Ireland for school from Canada in August and I currently own a Oneplus One. Does anyone know which of the major providers (3, Vodafone, etc.) has LTE frequency that is compatible with the phone? Currently the cheapest I know is 3 with 20 euro a month prepaid with unlimited LTE but not sure if it works with the phone.

I get LTE with Vodafone in some parts of Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

bbability wrote: »
    Have you applied the latest firmware update? Some of your app will need updating afterwards. Nothing a reboot shouldn't sort.
    I had an issue with the camera after latest update was applied. I just powered off the phone and back on, it sorted the problem.

Yep - running the latest update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

awec wrote: »
    I get LTE with Vodafone in some parts of Dublin.

Think Vodafone are slowly rolling it out, but not sure if there is much LTE coverage outside of Dublin for the OPO. Perhaps in Cork since it's a city.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Anyones battery terrible since the last update. Had it charging all nite and only 59% never like this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Anyones battery terrible since the last update. Had it charging all nite and only 59% never like this before.

After the last update, mine did but it had got fixed when a hard reboot and clearing the cache.

I got a lot of app updates yesterday and my battery has taken a serious hit since. The battery drained quicker than I've ever seen yesterday evening and so far today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

FitzShane wrote: »
    After the last update, mine did but it had got fixed when a hard reboot and clearing the cache.

I got a lot of app updates yesterday and my battery has taken a serious hit since. The battery drained quicker than I've ever seen yesterday evening and so far today.
    Was snapchat one of them?
    http://www.techradar.com/us/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/snapchat-s-latest-update-is-killing-some-phones-batteries-1299189

• Registered Users Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Lucas Hood wrote: »

It was indeed. Hopefully be getting an update from them soon so to rectify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone disappointed with the Cardboard, go into a poundshop and get a headtorch, use it to strap it to your head, way better, the magnetic tape is the button replacement as has been said. Ive only tried the cheapest pair of plastic glasses from Dealextreme and they worked perfectly for me once I jury rigged a button from a magnet and washer I had in my toolbox, no clue about 20:20 vision etc I dont think the lens are adjustable...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

urgh, screen went dead on my 16gb, went to return it through the RMA and they need to do a remote session to try and flash it despite me telling them i have tried it already.

to add insult to injury the schedule for the remote sessions is based on hong kong working hours and there are no remote sessions available in the next 14 days.

****ty service after looking after me very well with my 64gb model when the screen smashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭54and56

Thargor wrote: »
    Anyone disappointed with the Cardboard, go into a poundshop and get a headtorch, use it to strap it to your head, way better, the magnetic tape is the button replacement as has been said. Ive only tried the cheapest pair of plastic glasses from Dealextreme and they worked perfectly for me once I jury rigged a button from a magnet and washer I had in my toolbox, no clue about 20:20 vision etc I dont think the lens are adjustable...

Got this email from OnePlus yesterday

"Thanks for purchasing one of our limited edition OnePlus Cardboards!

As each Cardboard is unique, you can use viewer profiles to adapt to your own vision seamlessly. You can use these profiles on the Google Cardboard app for slightly different VR experiences. We’ve tweaked our very own viewer profile for you, tailored to the OnePlus Cardboard. Scan this QR code in the app to download the profile: qr_viewer_profile_v1.1.png

X5SbLJY.jpg

Everyone’s eyes are a bit different, so you can also check out a few fan-made viewer profiles to see what works best for you. We’ve compiled them for you here, or you can create your own. Those of you with custom ROMs can also try changing your DPI to 480 or 400.

Soon, our app will be made available on Google Play for the OnePlus 2 launch! Make sure you are subscribed to our newsletter and social media for alerts when the app is released. See you at launch!"

To use the QR code above open the Carboard app on your OPO and the first thing it wants you to do is scan a QR code for the viewer you are using. Apparently there are many viewers you can try/install and the above QR code is the one designed for the OPO.

Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    was just coming on to ask about this.Phone was down to 30% after 4 hours today,couldnt understand what was happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I don't seem to have it as bad which I think is because of Greenify, but Snapchat (and the new Twitter) are both my biggest drainers today which is unusual as it's usually Spotify on about 5% on my commute to/from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Lads is Google caller I'd available on this

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hey people, anyone in here use a moto 360 with the opo?

Mine is failing to connect recently, just stays at connecting...

I've reset the watch and disconnected /reconnected to the phone, it worked fine for a whike but quit again...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone running Exodus care to tell me where I can change the date format please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Hey people, anyone in here use a moto 360 with the opo?

Mine is failing to connect recently, just stays at connecting...

I've reset the watch and disconnected /reconnected to the phone, it worked fine for a whike but quit again...

I was having problems with my Cogito smart watch trying to connect using the "connected device" app that comes with the watch. It wasn't until I used the normal Bluetooth settings screen on the phone to connect that my problems were solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone running Exodus care to tell me where I can change the date format please? :)

I have this exact request also??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I was having problems with my Cogito smart watch trying to connect using the "connected device" app that comes with the watch. It wasn't until I used the normal Bluetooth settings screen on the phone to connect that my problems were solved.

Cheers, tried that but no joy, it has to connect via the Android wear app and that's where the issue seems to be. Tried directly with the Motorola app but it still needs the Android wear to connect first...

I've installed avg anti virus recently, that's the only thing that I can think that may be blocking it so will remove that and see what happens..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

How is everyone finding the battery?

When I first got it I was comfortably getting almost two days out of it, now im struggling to get one.

I have increased usage a small bit (using spottily at work for example), but didnt think it would have that big of an impact!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Have mine a year now and with the most recent update I'm still getting a solid day out of it with heavy social media use, Whatsapp and Spotify. Not bad IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

How is everyone finding the battery?

When I first got it I was comfortably getting almost two days out of it, now im struggling to get one.

I have increased usage a small bit (using spottily at work for example), but didnt think it would have that big of an impact!

That's normal for usage. No smartphone will go two days being used. I always charged my phones at night and wake up next day with full battery and repeat again that night.

Advertisement